University of Utah Dental Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: University of Utah Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Utah School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: University of Utah School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.73
Science GPA: 3.67
DAT: 21.3AA, 20.9TS, 21.7PAT
Applied: 467
OOS: 341 Applied, 153 Interviewed, 101 Accepted
IS: 123 Applied, 78 Interviewed, 33 Accepted
International: 3 Applied, 0 Interviewed, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 50
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.72
Science GPA: 3.67
DAT: 20.9AA, 20.7TS, 21.1PAT
Applied: 442
OOS: 324 Applied, 89 Accepted
IS: 117 Applied, 26 Accepted
International: 1 Applied, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 50
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.16-4.00
Overall: 3.31-3.99

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Question for anyone that may know: I have a ~2.8 sGPA overall, but my post bacc in all science courses was 3.7. Would it be a waste of money to apply?

Members don't see this ad :)
Question for anyone that may know: I have a ~2.8 sGPA overall, but my post bacc in all science courses was 3.7. Would it be a waste of money to apply?
UofU’s ADEA guide Co2026 has the 5th percentile of accepted students SciGPA of 3.16. So less than 5% of the class had a sci gpa less than 3.16. Class of 2024s was 2.98 for 5th percentile

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #1
Notification date:
7/12
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 6/6
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 4.0; Overall: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 23 TS, 22 PAT, N/A
Method of interview: In Person

Earliest interview date is August 22nd.

Both submitted application on ADEA and completed Casper last week. I have not yet received an email and the ADEA decision status is "None." What is the typical turn around time? Do they need to receive Casper scores to review my app?

Both submitted application on ADEA and completed Casper last week. I have not yet received an email and the ADEA decision status is "None." What is the typical turn around time? Do they need to receive Casper scores to review my app?
Casper scores are usually released to schools after around 2 weeks. So once your score is released to them, then your app should be “complete & ready for review”.

They might already have reviewed your app and then want to see your Casper score to complete you app and determine things from there. It’s all school dependent

Casper scores are usually released to schools after around 2 weeks. So once your score is released to them, then your app should be “complete & ready for review”.

They might already have reviewed your app and then want to see your Casper score to complete you app and determine things from there. It’s all school dependent
Wow, you are so helpful! Thank you!

Interview #2
Notification date:
7/27
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/2
Application complete date: 6/21
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.99; Overall: 3.99
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25 AA, 24 TS, 25 PAT, N/A

Interview #2
Notification date:
7/27
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/2
Application complete date: 6/21
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.99; Overall: 3.99
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25 AA, 24 TS, 25 PAT, N/A
Alaskanskier are you even from Utah? Or did you just move here and change your residency?

Members don't see this ad :)
I moved here for undergrad and changed my residency a couple years ago.
Ok, i have just heard from some people that the U likes in state applicants who were born in Utah vs those who moved in state for college. Can anyone verify this?

Ok, i have just heard from some people that the U likes in state applicants who were born in Utah vs those who moved in state for college. Can anyone verify this?
i doubt anyone would confirm that if true...

I wouldn’t assume anything unless it comes directly from admissions. Residence is residence. If you can prove it, it shouldn’t matter if you were born in Utah or not

Does anyone have any insight to how many applicants they interviewed this year?

OOS acceptance! Suuupper excited. Can any current/former students offer any info about their experience with the U please? I’m not super familiar with any students bc I’m from so far away so I’m a bit worried about moving across the country. Just wondering what the vibe is like and how faculty/students/friendships are. Also is SLC a safe/nice place to live for students? Thanks!

• Love
OOS acceptance! Suuupper excited. Can any current/former students offer any info about their experience with the U please? I’m not super familiar with any students bc I’m from so far away so I’m a bit worried about moving across the country. Just wondering what the vibe is like and how faculty/students/friendships are. Also is SLC a safe/nice place to live for students? Thanks!
When did you get your acceptance offer?

SLC is super safe/nice!

where are you from?

I also got accepted and I accepted the offer! So we could be classmates! I did my undergrad at the U and have rubbed shoulders with many students. With only 50 per class they say it feels like a very tight knit group because it's so easy to get to know each other. Obviously I haven't done school there yet, but I've volunteered to help in some of their classes and it's a very supportive vibe, not too competitive. I've met and corresponded with a handful of faculty members who have all been amazing and nice. Salt Lake is very safe and nice, and it's really accessible via train/bus which you can ride for free with your UID card. The only complaint I have ever heard from students is parking.