*** The Official University of Florida Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there has been any movement off the waitlist?
Based on previous years, it seems that the next round of acceptances is in early February

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know around how many people are in the waitlist at this moment?

what are the stats of those of you who were interviewed/ accepted

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My aadsas status has been “received/under review” since November. Does this mean the chances of us getting rejected at this point is high?

Does anybody know when you take the first part of boards here?
You take your boards at the end of Spring semester D2 year (You're given 2 weeks off from school to take the exam, so end of April-first week of May usually)

Interviewed here yesterday. What are some stats of accepted students? Would really love to go to school here

Anyone interview Wed and have your status change to received/application complete?

Just got an interview invitation today for the 24th

Anyone interview Wed and have your status change to received/application complete?
Yep! same thing happened to me. I guess that is their own way of waiting until the next round!

Does anyone know if there is an specific date in February when they accept the next round of people? I heard it was mid-February

Does anyone know if there is an specific date in February when they accept the next round of people? I heard it was mid-February
When I interviewed they said that the latest you'll find out is Mid February so fingers crossed!

i interviewed today and They said it could be first week of feb or second week just depends when it gets done thats why they say mid feb. If you get accepted you get a call if you dont your AADSAS will say waitlist/denied

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed today and They said it could be first week of feb or second week just depends when it gets done thats why they say mid feb. If you get accepted you get a call if you dont your AADSAS will say waitlist/denied
How many people were at your interview?

What are your stats if you don’t mind me asking?
Sorry for the delay. Fl resident gpa 3.8, dat 21 but my RC was like 28 or something so I think that’s what they like. I also have a lot of shadowing and I work for an oral surgeon.

anyone know if they're done with interviews?

I actually called to ask about this today and they said they are still reviewing applications for "a few more weeks" and until then it's still possible. He said if they're still reviewing, they're not done.

Reactions: 3 users

They mentioned during the interview that they stop interviewing in January and it was going to be their last month. So I believe so.

Any word on when they might notify second round of acceptance?

The undergraduate acceptance date was today

Any acceptances today?

Does anyone know if they notified alternates today from pre-dec interviews??

I was in the alternate list pre-dec an didn’t receive any notification. Does anyone know if there were acceptances given out today?

I was also on the alt list pre-dec. Hopefully they haven't yet given out acceptances

I was also on the alt list pre-dec. Hopefully they haven't yet given out acceptances
the email i got said if youre on alt list then you wouldnt hear back until may. the alt list is ranked so it doesn't really matter if you are pre dec or post (i think)

the email i got said if youre on alt list then you wouldnt hear back until may. the alt list is ranked so it doesn't really matter if you are pre dec or post (i think)
When I was put on the alt list on December first they just said that we would hear something (whether it’s a rejection or acceptance) by the end of May.

I got an acceptance call today around 3:00pm-ish. I interviewed on Jan24th and am a Florida Resident.

Here is my info:

Married with two kids
Non-traditional applicant
Pharmacy technician for 9 years
Missionary in Africa for 2 years

Current job:
Middle-School teacher (7th Grade Science)

Shadowing hours:
Private practice: 28 hours
Volunteer Clinic: 56 hours

Bachelor's Degree Major:
Biomedical Sciences

Stats:
GPA: 3.49 (result of one bad semester)
sGPA: 3.91
(Straight A's for last two years)

2nd DAT:
AA 23 TS 23
PAT 21 QR 21 RC 24
BIO 30 GC 23 OC 19

1st DAT:
AA 19 TS 20
PAT 20 QR 14 RC 22
BIO 19 GC 18 OC 24

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
I got an acceptance call today around 3:00pm-ish. I interviewed on Jan24th and am a Florida Resident.

Here is my info:

Married with two kids
Non-traditional applicant
Pharmacy technician for 9 years
Missionary in Africa for 2 years

Current job:
Middle-School teacher (7th Grade Science)

Shadowing hours:
Private practice: 28 hours
Volunteer Clinic: 56 hours

Bachelor's Degree Major:
Biomedical Sciences

Stats:
GPA: 3.49 (result of one bad semester)
sGPA: 3.91
(Straight A's for last two years)

2nd DAT:
AA 23 TS 23
PAT 21 QR 21 RC 24
BIO 30 GC 23 OC 19

1st DAT:
AA 19 TS 20
PAT 20 QR 14 RC 22
BIO 19 GC 18 OC 24

Congrats

Excited to be Gator!

Good luck to everyone!!
I got waitlisted at NOVA and accepted to LECOM back Dec. 1st. 2000$ non-refundable fee to hold my seat at LECOM. But I'll be giving it up with no hesitation to go to one of the best dental schools in the nation.
It's not always in December that you get what you want. I thought I never had a chance to get into UF after I didn't get a phone call on Dec 1st.
But don't lose hope you all!!!
So excited to be a dental student at UF this fall!

Any questions you guys have I'll be glad to answer :)!

Btw this is my second year applying.
First year I applied before I graduated with my bachelor's degree and had lower shadowing hours.
I retook my DAT got a better score, kept straight A's a increased my shadowing hours and graduated before reapplying.

So is the second round of acceptances over? They made the calls Friday?

So is the second round of acceptances over? They made the calls Friday?
Yes that's what they said at our interviews, they would call all of the acceptances on a day in mid-febuary, then if you were waitlisted or rejected they would notify you by the status change on AADSAS in conjunction with a supporting email that day.

so is it safe to assume at this point if you're still on the alternate list (pre-dec or post-dec interview), that we aren't going to hear back until May, and it's probably going to end up being a rejection?

so is it safe to assume at this point if you're still on the alternate list (pre-dec or post-dec interview), that we aren't going to hear back until May, and it's probably going to end up being a rejection?
That’s my assumption, but who knows. Has anyone been able to get through to anyone? Wondering if they’ll tell us ranking of waitlist

That’s my assumption, but who knows. Has anyone been able to get through to anyone? Wondering if they’ll tell us ranking of waitlist
I called and asked and they said they are not allowed to tell us the ranking

Does anyone know if they accepted anyone who has been on the waitlist since Dec 1?

Does anyone know if they accepted anyone who has been on the waitlist since Dec 1?
I don’t think your odds are better or worse if your pre or post dec since it’s a ranked list and they are done with interviews I’m pretty sure. Pre dec could have ranked higher than people interviewed in January kinda thing. But at this point it’s waiting for people to reject the offer and hope you’re next.

*Hope for those that have yet to interview*
Called today for an update and was told that they are still reviewing applications and that obviously in previous years it hasn't typically gone this long, but for the next few weeks while they are reviewing anything is possible and "they're not done yet."

I’m not saying this will happen, but I had several friends that in previous year were on the waitlist and didn’t get in until May and as late as July. They had put deposits down other places. Some accepted and some declined. But it can go late....so never say never....good luck

Reactions: 5 users
*Hope for those that have yet to interview*
Called today for an update and was told that they are still reviewing applications and that obviously in previous years it hasn't typically gone this long, but for the next few weeks while they are reviewing anything is possible and "they're not done yet."
Does this mean they have not filled all the spots yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.