***The Official UCLA School of Dentistry Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any OOS get an interview yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I have my interview next week! Just got notified a couple days ago

Members don't see this ad :)
If there are any international students here. Feel free to PM me.

Class of 2020

Applied last July, still waiting

Reactions: 3 users
Just got one! Interview #2

School: UCLA
Notification date: 9/28
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Iowa
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT: 25AA/24TS/25PAT/23RC/30QR/none below 23

Reactions: 4 users
Just got one! Interview #2

Notification date: 9/28
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Iowa
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT: 25AA/24TS/25PAT/23RC/30QR/none below 23
Where else did you apply? What other invites have you received, if you don't mind me asking.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking, how was the Iowa interview?

It has been my only interview, but I thought it was excellent. The faculty, students, and other interviewees were all extremely friendly. It was a lot less stressful than I had anticipated. Great experience overall. Now, I'm excited to see how UCLA is!

Reactions: 1 users
It has been my only interview, but I thought it was excellent. The faculty, students, and other interviewees were all extremely friendly. It was a lot less stressful than I had anticipated. Great experience overall. Now, I'm excited to see how UCLA is!

Awesome! Thank you for getting back to me about it! Congrats on UCLA!! That is so great! I wish you the best of luck!

Awesome! Thank you for getting back to me about it! Congrats on UCLA!! That is so great! I wish you the best of luck!
Not a problem! Thank you. Best of luck to you as well.

Just had my interview at UCLA. Very stress-free

Does anyone happen to know the in-state accepted of interviewed statistic from the last cycle?

Does anyone happen to know the in-state accepted of interviewed statistic from the last cycle?

It has to be higher than 78/138 (at least 56%)

Screenshot 2017-10-03 at 3.27.01 PM.png

3.92 oGPA, 24 AA/25 TS/ 23 PAT/ 25 RC
Did you get an application completion email when you paid your supplementa fee? I paid mine through the portal but I never actually received any email saying my app was completed. My UCLA aadsas status is currently received/aaplication complete.

Interview invite #9!
OOS (midwest)
22AA 23TS 28PAT
3.85cGPA

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone. Do we know how many pre-December interview invites are left, if any for UCLA?

Hey everyone. Do we know how many pre-December interview invites are left, if any for UCLA?
UCLA just informed me that November 17 is their last pre-dec interview day. After asking them for different dates, I found out that they have spots open in October and in November (before the 17th).

Did anyone receive any ethical questions during interviews? I've been hearing a lot of students get tripped up by those. I have my interview next week. I'm an international student.

Hi new here!

I was wondering what are the chances of an acceptance if you've already interviewed and you're out of state?

Did anyone receive any ethical questions during interviews? I've been hearing a lot of students get tripped up by those. I have my interview next week. I'm an international student.

my interview was super easy. just casual conversation about why you like LA and yourself

D1 here. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

Anyone know how late UCLA offers interviews??? Just retook my DAT and destroyed it, but nervous because they won't get my new official scores until end of November.

Anyone know how late UCLA offers interviews??? Just retook my DAT and destroyed it, but nervous because they won't get my new official scores until end of November.
Nov 17 is their last pre-dec interview date I believe.

What are the match rates for the specialties? Is your curriculum largely biomedical? Thanks.
I have no clue about the match rates, sorry. Not too sure about the curriculum either because I only know of fall quarter so far. This quarter we are taking Gross Anatomy with cadaver lab, Foundations of Basic Sciences, Waxing lab, Dental Morphology, Dental Materials Science and then a couple other easy ones. I do know we have classes coming up for the next several quarter called systems. But I don’t know exactly what those classss entail.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview 3

Interview Date: 11/17
Method of notification: Email on 10/31
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 9/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.89
DAT: Bio: 23, G-chem: 23, O-chem: 23, PAT: 20, Math: 18, RC: 16

Interview 3

Interview Date: 11/17
Method of notification: Email on 10/31
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 9/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.89
DAT: Bio: 23, G-chem: 23, O-chem: 23, PAT: 20, Math: 18, RC: 16
Congrats!!! Would you mind sharing how much research and extracurriculars you have?

Gah, seem like UCLA is about to be or have already finished with sending out the last batch of invites for pre-dec :( since they send out the invite for the last pre-dec date, 11/17, today.

I have no clue about the match rates, sorry. Not too sure about the curriculum either because I only know of fall quarter so far. This quarter we are taking Gross Anatomy with cadaver lab, Foundations of Basic Sciences, Waxing lab, Dental Morphology, Dental Materials Science and then a couple other easy ones. I do know we have classes coming up for the next several quarter called systems. But I don’t know exactly what those classss entail.

Hello I have a question about the interview. It says in the email that there is an essay and transcript review. What do they mean by this?

Hello I have a question about the interview. It says in the email that there is an essay and transcript review. What do they mean by this?

During your interview day, you will write a quick, 30 min essay on a given topic. Then, you'll also meet shortly with Noemi to review your transcripts and see if you are missing any prerequisites.

During your interview day, you will write a quick, 30 min essay on a given topic. Then, you'll also meet shortly with Noemi to review your transcripts and see if you are missing any prerequisites.

Thanks! What is the purpose of the essay and what kind of essay is it?

Thanks! What is the purpose of the essay and what kind of essay is it?
I think it's just to check that you can actually write, and YOU wrote your personal statement instead of having someone else do it for you. It shouldn't difficult at all!

Anyone heard anything lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.