****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2022 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, you honestly couldn’t have just rounded up your shadowing hours lol. It’s not like tufts has the means to go and call each dentist and verify that person X shadowed Y hours. I mean come on, they can’t even return an email or answer a phone call

I'm a potential applicant for 2018-2019 cycle. I noticed that some other schools require upwards of 100. Should I try to shadow more. I'd probably do it during the remainder of the school year, and then when summer comes around. Since one of my letter of recs said they can't write a letter until June anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

I spoke to someone in Admissions they said the class was full..so most people who interviewed in the past couple weeks have been waitlisted
This is just untrue haha they said they had 70-80 spots before the last wave of acceptances and there is a 0% chance they were all filled since only 40-50 max interviewed post-December/pre-Jan acceptance wave and there’s been no waitlist movement.

Wait I interviewed a week ago, you’re telling me I was interviewing to be on the WL lol?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait I interviewed a week ago, you’re telling me I was interviewing to be on the WL lol?
I honestly don’t think anyone truly knows what’s going on/nobody will really tell the truth haha but good luck let us know!!

Interviewed on 2/1/18 and was accepted today (2/19/18) at 2pm CT

Reactions: 2 users
Haha why?

Just the general feeling of a lot of posters in this thread who have still heard nothing from the school. Nothing against those who have been accepted (they very much deserve it), but it seems like every few days is "Tufts class is full; No more interviews" and then suddenly someone will pop in to say they've been accepted. It's almost comical really

Just the general feeling of a lot of posters in this thread who have still heard nothing from the school. Nothing against those who have been accepted (they very much deserve it), but it seems like every few days is "Tufts class is full; No more interviews" and then suddenly someone will pop in to say they've been accepted. It's almost comical really
It is pretty ironic actually. I was hesitant to even say anything. When I interviewed February 1st, they said there was another interview session on February 6th. After that the admissions committee was meeting again and that we should expect to hear a response anywhere between the middle and end of February. Overall (including my session), I believe they interviewed about 350 students, and that they were expecting to interview around 400 or fewer. I'm not sure if they are interviewing more, just reiterating what they had said when I was there!

It is pretty ironic actually. I was hesitant to even say anything. When I interviewed February 1st, they said there was another interview session on February 6th. After that the admissions committee was meeting again and that we should expect to hear a response anywhere between the middle and end of February. Overall (including my session), I believe they interviewed about 350 students, and that they were expecting to interview around 400 or fewer. I'm not sure if they are interviewing more, just reiterating what they had said when I was there!
I interviewed that day too. Congrats :) but yes this lack of a pattern in notifications is stressful. Going off of the last wave, I’m thinking this means waitlist for everyone else. Or they just really want to keep everyone on their toes lol

I interviewed that day too. Congrats :) but yes this lack of a pattern in notifications is stressful. Going off of the last wave, I’m thinking this means waitlist for everyone else. Or they just really want to keep everyone on their toes lol
I interviewed the first week of feb and just got an acceptance email yesterday evening. During my interview they said they still had slots left and they were going to keep letting people know within 2 or 3 weeks of their interview

Is Tufts done interviewing at the end of this month or the end of March?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed the first week of feb and just got an acceptance email yesterday evening. During my interview they said they still had slots left and they were going to keep letting people know within 2 or 3 weeks of their interview
Are you going to take it? And may I ask what day you interviewed?

Has anyone been able to contact the school? I sent in my deans certification form and still don’t know if it reached the school...does Tufts update your status with an email after they received all the required documents after acceptance?

Has anyone been able to contact the school? I sent in my deans certification form and still don’t know if it reached the school...does Tufts update your status with an email after they received all the required documents after acceptance?
They will email you

Accepted this morning around 8 CST, interviewed on 2/1!!!! I can't believe it. Tufts has always been my dream.

For anyone who ever doubts your ability to get into dental school because of a poor undergrad GPA, it is still VERY possible to make your dental school dreams come true. I had a 2.8 GPA from undergrad, but changed my mindset, scored a 21 AA, loaded up on shadowing/volunteering, and have a 3.9 GPA in my masters program. Never give up ppl!!!!!!! I am truly speechless. I'm going to be a dentist!!

Reactions: 17 users
What in the world I interviewed same day and haven’t heard back?!!!?!!?!

My bestie dmddillydilly interviewed on 2/1 and some other people from that day got accepted a week before she did and she just heard yesterday that she was accepted! Doesn’t mean anything :)

My bestie dmddillydilly interviewed on 2/1 and some other people from that day got accepted a week before she did and she just heard yesterday that she was accepted! Doesn’t mean anything :)
It’s not abt accepted or waitlisted, I’m just so impatient lmao

anyone aware on who to reach for scrub info? and how to get name and logo embroidered?

I’ll be dropping my seat this week! Good luck to one of you eager applicants on the wait list!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
How did everyone submit the TUSDM D22 Accepted Student Forms? Did you fill them out electronically and email them back to denadmission@tufts? Or actually mail them out to their address in Boston? It's stressing me out a little that some of the students aren't getting confirmation!

How did everyone submit the TUSDM D22 Accepted Student Forms? Did you fill them out electronically and email them back to denadmission@tufts? Or actually mail them out to their address in Boston? It's stressing me out a little that some of the students aren't getting confirmation!
I did both, to cover all my bases.

Has anyone who interviewed on 2/8 heard anything yet? (acceptances or waitlists) or know anyone from our interview group who was accepted/waitlisted/rejected?

Accepted 5:30 PM EST!!! Interviewed on Jan. 30th and was waitlisted Feb. 8th. So excited!

Those of you that have been accepted, have you gotten any other information after sending in the documents and deposit?

Hey guys, I am looking for female a roommate for the fall. Please PM me if anyone is interested!!!

Those of you that have been accepted, have you gotten any other information after sending in the documents and deposit?
they will send you login info with your username and tufts email!

Status
Not open for further replies.