****The Official Temple University Kornberg Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you’re writing off all the work you put in to get to this point bc of an insignificant change (or lack thereof) in your portal status?

Mine still says app complete. I’m not assuming I got in, rejected, or waitlisted based on that. There are no loopholes in this game, they make a decision on how you interviewed/stats and tell you on Dec. 1st

You’re absolutely right. I’m sorry, I got carried away in anticipation. No one knows what these status changes mean but the handful of people in admission committees.

Anyone can make a seemingly compelling case for what these status changes mean by selectively looking at the facts but they all have holes in them. For example, Temple accepts hundreds of applicants every year. If what I said earlier is right, how can this be accounted for by the handful of people that got their status changed to “none”.

Members don't see this ad.

So you’re writing off all the work you put in to get to this point bc of an insignificant change (or lack thereof) in your portal status?

Mine still says app complete. I’m not assuming I got in, rejected, or waitlisted based on that. There are no loopholes in this game, they make a decision on how you interviewed/stats and tell you on Dec. 1st
Thanks Brady=Goat, you are right. I was too worried. Good luck to all of us at midnight.

Reactions: 1 user
It makes sense ha. I guess I probably get waitlisted since my status is still app complete. I interviewed in mid Nov so they either haven’t made a decision yet or I get waitlisted.
at least you got invited to an interview :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Any status change to none today?

I wouldn't worry. Last year some people got accepted without the change to "Check Back Dec. 1st."
Yea, I noticed that. Probably my interview was late so they didn’t have time to update it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was still app complete. Probably I interviewed late, nov.14, which may not have any status change. Last year ppl who interviewed late didn’t get any status change but still got accepted.
I also interviewed Nov 14 (afternoon group). I don't honestly remember ever seeing my portal say "invited to interview," but maybe I just missed it somehow. Regardless, my status is still "application complete," so I guess we will see what happens!

Out of curiosity, What do you guys think of your interview performance? I know my essays were average at best. My interview was terrible
My essays were also really meh. I just couldn't think of anything new to say; I feel like I already gave them all the pertinent information about me in my app/PS/etc, so I think I may have ended up being too repetitive and broad. I basically just rambled about how friendly everyone had been and how much I was enjoying myself and thought I'd fit in at Temple. As for the rest of it, the interview itself I thought went fine for the most part. My alum was really nice, and the questions were pretty straightforward. I hadn't really prepared a ton so I was just very genuine and answered everything to the best of my abilities. I did kind of run out of time though and had to rush through the ethical question. I know I definitely gave a quick panicked glance into the camera lense when I saw that 30 seconds remaining signal! I also wasn't thrilled with my questions for my interviewer, but I suppose if you're going to fall short somewhere that's not the most harmful time to do so. I had a really nice conversation with Ariel at one point, and I'm a pretty extroverted, bubby person, so I'm hoping personality will be enough to get me through! What makes you think yours went so poorly? Remember, we are usually harder on ourselves than others will be ;)

How did people get notified last year and how early? Are there really going to be midnight emails going out? I think the nerves are finally starting to set in...

Good luck to all!

Last edited:
I also interviewed Nov 14 (afternoon group). I don't honestly remember ever seeing my portal say "invited to interview," but maybe I just missed it somehow. Regardless, my status is still "application complete," so I guess we will see what happens!

My essays were also really meh. I just couldn't think of anything new to say; I feel like I already gave them all the pertinent information about me in my app/PS/etc, so I think I may have ended up being too repetitive and broad. I basically just rambled about how friendly everyone had been and how much I was enjoying myself and thought I'd fit in at Temple. As for the rest of it, the interview itself I thought went fine for the most part. My alum was really nice, and the questions were pretty straightforward. I hadn't really prepared a ton so I was just very genuine and answered everything to the best of my abilities. I did kind of run out of time though and had to rush through the ethical question. I know I definitely gave a quick panicked glance into the camera lense when I saw that 30 seconds remaining signal! I also wasn't thrilled with my questions for my interviewer, but I suppose if you're going to fall short somewhere that's not the most harmful time to do so. I also had a really nice conversation with Ariel at one point, so I felt positive about that. What makes you think yours went so poorly? Remember, we are usually harder on ourselves than others will be ;)

How did people get notified last year and how early? Are there really going to be midnight emails going out? I think the nerves are finally starting to set in...

Good luck to all!
I think my interview was terrible due to my responses. I was asked roughly 8 questions during those 8 minutes, so I definitely should’ve elaborated more so less questions were asked. I kept looking to the far right corner during the interview because the guy near the recorder held up the time at 30 second intervals. I felt rushed and forgot a lot of the things I wanted to say. The question I asked also took up a lot of time too lol. I think the only thing going for me that day was my interaction with the interviewees and faculty (Brian and Ariel) so that plays a factor. Hopefully, my jokes get me an acceptance.

Last year, people were notified around midnight. But they had the status “check back dec 1st”. I don’t think people got that this year. Some of us have “none” so hopefully that’s a waitlist or acceptance.

Brooooo. We hear back at 10am. Thought I got rejected
I JUST ALMOST DIED because my phone's email icon didn't pop up as I was reading your replies! All is well though, it was in my inbox. Everyone who applied probably got the same thing. That was nice of them to tell us a time!

Reactions: 1 users
Yup! I thought it was a rejection too haha

Does anyone know if they got that email last year? Last year people got accepted at 12:02 AM

I think every interviewee should have it. Have you checked your spam?
I got it, I was just wondering if anyone didn't and if it was a bad sign lol...was rlly looking forward to 12:02 AM

I got it, I was just wondering if anyone didn't and if it was a bad sign lol...was rlly looking forward to 12:02 AM
No I don't think getting this email should be a bad sign! Good luck to you tomorrow morning.

I think it’s a good sign. Good luck to all of us

I got an email--application still under review.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an email from Brian!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got an email from Brian!!!!!!!!!!!
Was it an acceptance letter? I got an email from Ariel edwards saying my application is still under review.
They had me share my status and I said "I'm still interested."
Anyone else got this?

Reactions: 4 users
Acceptance #3! So happy! Thanks Brian!

Accepted!
Got an email at 10:05 AM and a status change to “offer made”!

Reactions: 2 users
Was it an acceptance letter? I got an email from Ariel edwards saying my application is still under review.
Anyone else got this?

Yeah what does that email mean?

Anyone else got this?
Mine was an acceptance letter. Also my status on AADSAS changed to "Offer Made". When did you interview?

Anyone else got this?

Yep, same thing here. I only had two interviews and am in review limbo now at both schools. Sigh. Oh well, it's early yet. Congrats to those who got in!!!

I also received the under review email :( :( anyone know what this means? Should we still hope for an acceptance??

I also received the under review email :( :( anyone know what this means? Should we still hope for an acceptance??

Same here. Form what i understand until we get a no, there is hope. I’m assuming we are waiting for the first round of offers and other people to say “not interested” then we will hopefully get our offers - good luck

I JUST GOT MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!! Adea portal says "offer made". I got an email and a missed phone call :)

Reactions: 4 users
Got accepted to Temple! So excited, I loved the school and the people. Got the email this morning then they followed up with a phone call.

Does anyone know how long we have to send the deposit?? is it Dec 31st for Temple as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.