The Official 7/06/2011 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ravupadh

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm taking the exam this date because I am NOT a morning person lol.

How's everyone's practicing going? I'm using the SDNed schedule and I think it's getting the job done. I'm on the second set of chapters and I'm feeling confident.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. The performance of others who took the test on 7/6/2011 will not affect your score (assuming you also took it on 7/6/2011).

Yes. This "pre-setting" is very accurate since it is based on a large amount of data from previous administrations. So a 35 on the 7/6/2011 exam is equivalent to a 35 from a 2010 administration (aka standardized test).

not necessarily.

here is what my friend got on 4/22/06:
Total Score: 37S Percentile Range: 96.6 - 97.7

and here is what i got:
Total Score: 36P Percentile Range: 96.2 - 97.5

i would definitely argue that the 36 i got was closer to a 37 than a 36 on my friend's administration based on the percentile coverage.

the score shouldn't be off more than a single point though.

I am really afraid of seeing my scores... I don't know whether to block my whole screen and slowly reveal each section's score... or to just end the suspense and see everything right away..

Well, I think since they made the switch to the shorter CBT version in Jan 2007, the percentiles-scores correlation has been more stable.

want: each section >=10 writing>=5
expect:...just give me each section >=7 I'll be happy

Do u guys have problem logging in ?? It doesn't let me log-in unless I try 3 times !!!

Members don't see this ad :)
You really wont have any option to block your screen, because its all right there in front of you as soon as you login. I find that its better to set your expectations low that way if its good you can be ecstatic, if it went badly you are already mentally prepared to move on from this. Give yourselves a pat on the back, you studied for it and did your best, and not everything in life is going to go the way you want it to thats the nature of things. You will all someday become doctors if you want it bad enough. I've had a few friends who applied to medical school multiple, one of them SEVEN TIMES, and still got in top a top 20 school, which was impressed solely by their persistence. MCAT is not the be all end all, and trust me, every single one of us will have to deal with much bigger issues in our lives than panicking about an exam score. In retrospect this is all going to seem trivial one day. Life is tough guys, you can put in your best effort and hope things turn out well, if they dont keep trying. One thing is for sure, there are hundreds of thousands of people who wish in their wildest dreams that they could be applying to medical school in the position that we are in today. Not everybody is fortunate enough to have had these oppurtunities, dont ever forget that guys.

For everyone who's wondering (or freaking out) about what the scores will look like once they appear, here's a sample screenshot (click for a bigger version):

I'm sure you'll all do better than Jesus did on his first attempt :thumbup:

Yesss thank you! I was suppressing my urge to ask where on the screen the scores pop up.

im really anxious for u guys lol. i took my MCAT like 4 days ago and I am freaking out bc of the anticipation

You really wont have any option to block your screen, because its all right there in front of you as soon as you login. I find that its better to set your expectations low that way if its good you can be ecstatic, if it went badly you are already mentally prepared to move on from this. Give yourselves a pat on the back, you studied for it and did your best, and not everything in life is going to go the way you want it to thats the nature of things. You will all someday become doctors if you want it bad enough. I've had a few friends who applied to medical school multiple, one of them SEVEN TIMES, and still got in top a top 20 school, which was impressed solely by their persistence. MCAT is not the be all end all, and trust me, every single one of us will have to deal with much bigger issues in our lives than panicking about an exam score. In retrospect this is all going to seem trivial one day. Life is tough guys, you can put in your best effort and hope things turn out well, if they dont keep trying. One thing is for sure, there are hundreds of thousands of people who wish in their wildest dreams that they could be applying to medical school in the position that we are in today. Not everybody is fortunate enough to have had these oppurtunities, dont ever forget that guys.

Good stuff my friend, good stuff.

You really wont have any option to block your screen, because its all right there in front of you as soon as you login.

I set up two windows and held one over the MCAT THx right after I logged in. Then I was able to drag that along from left to right revealing each score individually. This worked out well for me but my anxiety was through the roof when everything was solid and it only left Biology to reveal. At that point I was just hoping it wouldn't spoil it for me.

Anyway, good luck everyone, I'm sure many of you did better than you thought you did when you left the test center.

A reminder that the scores posted on SDN tend to be higher than the average MCAT score.

National MCAT scores average: 25
Average of scores reported on SDN: 32

So don't freak out.

I set up two windows and held one over the MCAT THx right after I logged in. Then I was able to drag that along from left to right revealing each score individually. This worked out well for me but my anxiety was through the roof when everything was solid and it only left Biology to reveal. At that point I was just hoping it wouldn't spoil it for me.

Anyway, good luck everyone, I'm sure many of you did better than you thought you did when you left the test center.

Are the scores already out? you checked yours and it was there?

Man, I am sitting here at work getting absolutely nothing done in wait for my scores. I know they won't come out for another hour, but I can't seem to leave the computer for more than 2 minutes without rushing back.....lol.

No problems logging in but my scores aren't up yet...I wouldn't worry about the login problems I'm sure a bunch of people are signing in now that the system might be in chaos

how come it says on the test registration website next to the test dates that it will be released today at 5 pm eastern time? is 3:00 pm everyone is talking about, eastern time or pacific time?

how come it says on the test registration website next to the test dates that it will be released today at 5 pm eastern time? is 3:00 pm everyone is talking about, eastern time or pacific time?

The official release time is 5:00PM ET but for the last couple of administrations, the scores have been released between 3:00PM ET and 3:15PM ET.

I just logged on and reduced the window to 2 inch column. I shall slowly scroll across. I shall not be thwarted in my painfully slow reveal!

And now I shall begin alcoholic anesthesia...

I just logged on and reduced the window to 2 inch column. I shall slowly scroll across. I shall not be thwarted in my painfully slow reveal!

And now I shall begin alcoholic anesthesia...

I'm just covering my screens with my hands lol

Please post your scores along with the breakdown as it appears in THx (VR/PS/BS) and AAMC practice test average (if available).

Dude I haven't even written the MCAT yet but I'm pretty shook waiting for your scores release...

Often I hear about a difficult test but rarely do I see the actual people's results a month later to see if they ended up being happy or if they did poorly.

So hopefully you guys do well so I can ensure that even if I think I did poorly on my MCAT in a couple weeks I'll be fine ^_^