The Official 7/06/2011 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ravupadh

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm taking the exam this date because I am NOT a morning person lol.

How's everyone's practicing going? I'm using the SDNed schedule and I think it's getting the job done. I'm on the second set of chapters and I'm feeling confident.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

PS: 14
BS: 13
VR: 10

37P

I couldn't be more happy right now. I came out of that test feeling good about PS, but terrible about BS. I honestly have no idea how I got a 13 in BS. I must have gotten lucky on guesses.

My AAMC practice test range was 34-38 with an average of about 35-36

Members don't see this ad :)
wow i did terrible....worse than any practice test i took etc

i dont even want to put my score up out of shame...

if possible i will retake sept 10...this cant be real :scared::eek:

PS: 10 VR: 10 WR:Q BS: 8 Total: 28Q... so stoked, I was pretty sure I went down from my 26Q last year after that bio section. My BS last year was a 10.... do you guys know if many schools look at all your best sections from multiple MCAT scores? keep your heads up, this test was really difficult

10/10/11

31R. Up 3 points from last year! Good luck everyone! The long 33 days have finally past.

PS: 12
VR: 9
BS: 11
WS: S

Total: 32S

If it weren't for my nerves on test days, I am sure I could have done better, but this score is sufficient. My GPA is stellar so this is enough to at least get me into my state schools (thank god Florida has so many!). DONEEEEEEEE!!!!

Took the test two times before, but third is the charm.
07/06/11: 10/10/11= 31Q

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
33Q - 12P 9V 12B.

AAMC avg: 32.5. 11 practice exams takn- most were TPR.

:)

Anyway,

BTW I had a dream last night I scored this exact score... weird.

Last edited:
12PS 8VR 10BS --> 30N

average practice was usually around 26, 27

hopefully 8VR isn't too damaging... Should I withdraw my application this year and reapply next year?

PS: 10 VR: 10 WR:Q BS: 8 Total: 28Q... so stoked, I was pretty sure I went down from my 26Q last year after that bio section. My BS last year was a 10.... do you guys know if many schools look at all your best sections from multiple MCAT scores? keep your heads up, this test was really difficult

patrickj, I got the exact same score, but I'm not stoked. I don't know how to feel about it...my GPA and EC's are all solid, and idk if I want to chance a retake. I feel like I might be able to get in at South Carolina schools....I just don't know what to do.

OMG. So far I have only looked at VR and it was a 10. I need to down this beer before PS....

Great scores so far guys!

Flamen...yeah!!!!!!!

PS: 14
BS: 13
VR: 10

37P

I couldn't be more happy right now. I came out of that test feeling good about PS, but terrible about BS. I honestly have no idea how I got a 13 in BS. I must have gotten lucky on guesses.

My AAMC practice test range was 34-38 with an average of about 35-36

Great score (especially in the sciences) :thumbup:

VR-11 PS-12 BS-12 total: 35R great job everyone; to the people who did not get their target keep your heads up it's just one test and you'll take it again and do great I know it!

VR - 10
PS - 14
BS - 12
WS - S

Total - 36S

MCAT Practice Avg - Around like 32?

I honestly had no idea what my score would be. None at all. Only felt confident about PS, which worked out I guess. Now to finish more secondaries...:(

30Q!!!! Definitely was NOT expecting this. I got a 27Q last year. I hope I never have to retake it again!! and for those who didn't do as great, don't worry!!! You will get there eventually. I was in the same position last year. Good luck to all those applying for 2012!!! :luck:

GW will. they take your best from each section

VR - 10
PS - 14
BS - 12
WS - S

Total - 36S

I honestly had no idea what my score would be. None at all. Only felt confident about PS, which worked out I guess. Now to finish more secondaries...:(

Congrats! That's a great score!

VR - 10
PS - 14
BS - 12
WS - S

Total - 36S

WOW great score!!!! What method did you use to study?

30 N
10,10,10 distribution.
This was my first time taking and I don't think I'll retake. While I'm a little disappointed that I only scored a 30, it's not the end of the world especially because I broke 10 in every section.
On the 7 practice exams I took before the test (5 kaplans and 3 aamcs), I had scored in order 28, 28, 33, 35, 32, 32, 32. All of my 32s came on aamcs 9-11.
I was averaging about a 31 or 32... at least I didn't bomb especially because of that impossible bio section...

do you guys know if many schools look at all your best sections from multiple MCAT scores? keep your heads up, this test was really difficult

Check out this spreadsheet: http://is.gd/sdn_med_matriculant_data

There's a column in there (Column Y) called "Multiple MCATs" which tells you how some schools deal with multiple MCAT scores (we have data for very few schools). Keep in mind that the med schools will see all your scores and usually give most weight to the most recent score.

George Washington takes the highest in each section.
Miami-Miller consider all scores (with most weight to highest score)
Loyola-Stritch averages MCAT scores

Since it varies by school, you can try calling/emailing the schools whose policy on multiple MCAT scores is not listed.

Good Job Guys! Paul411 is probably already compiling data for statistical analysis, should be pretty interesting to see! You all who got low to mid-range scores, you may be down but you are not out. You can beat this thing, its going to be hard and require some more time. My heart goes out to all who studied their butts off but still came up short. I wish you the best on your future endeavours.

WOW great score!!!! What method did you use to study?

Thanks a lot. Wasn't expecting the score I got. Especially because this was my first time and I mainly studied after school ended in May. I used parts of the 3 Month Study Method that's posted on SDN somewhere...but I mainly used TBR and EK. Used TPR for the tests.

Good Job Guys! Paul411 is probably already compiling data for statistical analysis, should be pretty interesting to see! You all who got low to mid-range scores, you may be down but you are not out. You can beat this thing, its going to be hard and require some more time. My heart goes out to all who studied their butts off but still came up short. I wish you the best on your future endeavours.

:laugh:

Scores reported on SDN for 7/6/2011 MCAT: goo.gl/O3P0t

Edit: Whoops! Wrong URL

Last edited:
hey does anyone know when we can register for october/november mcat test dates? when do they tell us the available dates, are exams even offered during these months? i have to retake, only got an 8 in bio.

Dang my adviser is quick. Shot off an e-mail 2 minutes after I sent him my scores. I wonder if he was counting down to the score release too. :laugh:

EDIT: Top!!

hey does anyone know when we can register for october/november mcat test dates? when do they tell us the available dates, are exams even offered during these months? i have to retake, only got an 8 in bio.

Saturday, September 10, 2011 (1 PM) is the last MCAT administration date for 2011. The next available one will be in Jan 2012

From the AAMC:
You will be able to register for a 2012 exam in the fall of 2011, when the Scheduling and Registration System for 2012 opens

Exams are not offered during those months. Only Jan-Sept, so you can try for a September administration or wait until January.

Good job guys!

Hmm I'm kind sad and happy about my score at the same time.

32R (8 VR, 10 PS, 14 BS)

Practice AAMC Average: 32.2 (Lol I guess the practice exams really do predict your actual score.)

The BS was NOT expected. But I really thought I would get at least a 10 on the VR it was easy for me. I have no idea what happened. What should I do lol. My GPA is decent (3.48) but not my science GPA (3.21).

Last edited:
Okay, let's try this again with the right link this time

Statistical analysis of scores posted on SDN for 7/6/2011: goo.gl/O3P0t (also contains scores reported from 6/16 and 5/26 for comparision)

I still can't believe my 33 score!

10/11/12 VR/PS/BS as a chem major. I still can't believe that score in BS with such hard passages and little background.

I am so pumped.

EVERYONE WITH LOW SCORES, don't give up! I went from a 27 to a 33! You can do it too!

PS: 10 (up from 8)
VS: 11 (up from 9)
BS: 10 (Down 1 point)

31O

I couldn't be happier. I got a 28M in April, and I just really wanted to push past the 30 benchmark. Congrats to all!!!

the latest to retake is September. there are no dates in October or november

First post too :3 12 VR / 14 PS / 12 BS / M WS 38M (I hated my prompts :/)

Last edited:
32Q!!! (9VR/12PS/11BS)

This is a total shock!! I've have only ever scored a 30 one time (on practice test 11). All other practice tests i've taken have been below that. SOOOO happy!!!