The Official 7/06/2011 MCAT Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ravupadh

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm taking the exam this date because I am NOT a morning person lol.

How's everyone's practicing going? I'm using the SDNed schedule and I think it's getting the job done. I'm on the second set of chapters and I'm feeling confident.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I havent had much sleep either, but I contracted some sort of infection inducing a fever so I havent really thought about the MCAT all that much. I hope its not an omen for tomorrow! I am still pretty nervous about the score release. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
I stalked some of the previous test threads to get an idea of what time the scores are going to be released (yes, I am preparing already). First date is the test date, second one is the release date/time

6/16/2011 –> 7/19/2011 3:12 pm
5/26/2011 –> 6/28/2011 3:06 pm
5/21/2011 –> 6/21/2011 3:10 pm
5/20/2011 –> 6/21/2011 3:12 pm
5/07/2011 –> 6/07/2011 3:05 pm
4/29/2011 –> 6/01/2011 3:06 pm
4/16/2011 –> 5/17/2011 3:04 pm
4/09/2011 –> 5/10/2011 3:05 pm

So it looks like I'm going to try to stay away from my computer until about 3 pm

You think there is a chance we will get our scores today?

Slim chance at best... if you look at the previous score release dates they are always on tuesday except for one that was on wednesday.

shat_bricks.jpg

I'm supposed to be at the Yankee game when the scores are released. I'll be spending all my secondary money on alcohol so when I look at the score on my phone I wont be tempted to jump off a grandstand onto the field :thumbup::smack: Good Luck everyone !!

Members don't see this ad :)
only 24 hours until this month-long death march is finally over. i feel like jack shephard at the end of lost.

ive been having trouble sleeping knowing that d-day is near. maybe i'm over reacting????

Just one more day fellas. Best of luck to you, and hope all of your scores turn out to be what you have worked so diligently for. I'm a 7/16er, so one more week of torture of me haha. Again good luck!!

Unfortunately, im in NY so if u hear about somebody jumping for the Empire State after the scores release it was me.. lol!!! cant wait for all this to be done!

I want to hear good things in this thread tomorrow. The results of the 7/6 exam will determine whether I go into a state of depression leading up to the results release for the 7/16 exam.

Unfortunately, im in NY so if u hear about somebody jumping for the Empire State after the scores release it was me.. lol!!! cant wait for all this to be done!

It is comments like this that really cause me to remember that it's only an exam. A single 144 multiple choice exam, that's all it is. Life can be so incredible and have so much to offer, keep that in mind.

Whats the breakoff for you guys and retaking the exam? Like if you break 30 are you done for good or are you lookin for atleast national average like 31, 32?

28? I see that as completely possible but what were your guys AAMC averages? I averaged around a 33-34 for the back last like 5 tests...and while I don't think I did that well I definitely think breaking 30 is very much in the ball game given the difficulty of our exam. The only thing I'm really really worried about is Verbal because I know everyone just bombed Biology and Physical wasn't horrible.

LUCKY. You could get a 3 and it wouldn't phase you while on the magical morphine...unless this is sarcasm.

I wish this were the case. Obviously I will not be getting morphine...
I do not know how I will be able to handle tomorrow. My brain felt so damn fuzzy by the end of the test that I was not sure whether or not I was awake or asleep. :xf: for educated guessing and miracles. Good luck, friends!

28? I see that as completely possible but what were your guys AAMC averages? I averaged around a 33-34 for the back last like 5 tests...and while I don't think I did that well I definitely think breaking 30 is very much in the ball game given the difficulty of our exam. The only thing I'm really really worried about is Verbal because I know everyone just bombed Biology and Physical wasn't horrible.

I averaged around 35-36 on the last four AAMCs I took in the three weeks leading up to the exam. I was hoping (naively, but what the hell) that I'd peak on the big day, but obviously that didn't happen and now I'm concerned about breaking 30 on this bad boy. I just read what I posted right after I took it. The pain had numbed over the last month or so, but that brought it right back. Ouch.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone tomorrow! I'll be in the middle of my workday and don't know if I'll check for fear of nervous breakdown in front of my colleagues :hungover:

i'm waiting for tomorrow w/ the mentality of reapplying next year. It's all good. One more year? No biggie!

I know the exam was hard but I still won't be happy with a score below 30. >.< That's not high enough for the schools I'm looking at, which means I'd have to do a re-take and delay my app even more.

I wish this were the case. Obviously I will not be getting morphine...

I thought you might be going under the knife. Online sarcasm is the hardest to detect :laugh:

It's unfortunate that I have nothing else to do tomorrow but agonize over the release of scores. Every time I see the clock advance towards the time of reckoning my heart races....

I took a volunteering shift tomorrow to keep occupied until 1pm. I had originally planned to look AFTER my bootcamp class at 6:30, but my boyfriend is forcing me to check it before so he can now how I did before he goes to bed (he is currently in Amsterdam). Ugh. Shudder. I'm the type who likes to look at exams from the last page and work my way up to the first - DEFINITELY not rip the bandaid off type. This is going to be worse than hell!!!!

Blech.

Good luck to everyone though. I really really hope that you all do much better than you think. Don't think there is much hope for me. :rolleyes:

Night!

I am actually thinking of putting a piece of cardboard in front of the screen and slowly, ever so slowly revealing the screen...or maybe I will reduce the window size to a tiny little slit and slowly scroll down...ahhaha, I have issues...:D

Good luck tomorrow everyone. I had to force myself to stop reading this thread the day after the test cause it was freaking me out :)

Good luck to all of you...

Some of us will miss the mark and others will score beyond our wildest expectations. Let's be honest, we guessed on good sized chunk of this exam. So, try to be polite and not gloat if you score well.

...Whether it's luck or you just busted your ass, please be mindful that some of the posters won't do as well.

I am actually thinking of putting a piece of cardboard in front of the screen and slowly, ever so slowly revealing the screen...or maybe I will reduce the window size to a tiny little slit and slowly scroll down...ahhaha, I have issues...:D

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I did that with the AMCAS score section because it had verbal to the furthest left..

So I revealed my sciences first from the right, starting with BS... my reactions went as follows

BS: :oops:
PS: :confused:
VR: :mad:

guys it's been a painful 33 days but I enjoyed being on this forum with you all good luck everyone I hope we all hit our target in a few hours; good luck!