the new and improved 2010 Acceptance and Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
....uh that's what I just suggested!

I thought so, but I was just double checking since it would be within this same thread! I didn't know how that was going to work. Thanks for taking this on!

Members don't see this ad.

I have not heard ANYTHING from Baylor either and they said they were going to get back to us around the 18th! I'm not sure what that means......

I called someone in the department today and they said that some decisions had been made, but she wasn't sure about all. I think that they might be waiting to see if people decline to make sure that they fill their whole class. Just keeping my fingers crossed for declines with my POI!

T4C suggests that you do that in this thread.

So, yep, use this thread to post that info.

The acceptance/wait list thread is kind of overwhelming and tangential as it is. It might be easier for all of us if this topic received its own thread. It is a fairly large topic... especially now that most of the people still looking for information will be wondering about this exact thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
The acceptance/wait list thread is kind of overwhelming and tangential as it is. It might be easier for all of us if this topic received its own thread. It is a fairly large topic... especially now that most of the people still looking for information will be wondering about this exact thing.

The problem is that Enlightened1 started a separate thread, and T4C thought it best to merge it with this thread. . . . I guess there are 3 options. 1) Try starting another thread again, and see if T4C accepts it, or 2) Keep posting your discontent on here and hope that T4C will let you start another thread, or 3) PM T4C and petition to start another thread. : )

The problem is that Enlightened1 started a separate thread, and T4C thought it best to merge it with this thread. . . . I guess there are 3 options. 1) Try starting another thread again, and see if T4C accepts it, or 2) Keep posting your discontent on here and hope that T4C will let you start another thread, or 3) PM T4C and petition to start another thread. : )

Thanks for the advice :thumbup:. I am new to this thread stuff.

if you like, we could post this info in the "Waitlist Blues" thread. It is less crowded than this one, and waitlistees would be the ones most interested in this info.

my friend just got called yesterday 4pm est with her acceptance. she also got the weird housing letter letting info out early that i got.

i got my packet yesterday with a grant for 25% tuition remission.....can neone tell me if thats something they give to everyone or not??

just got an email saying im on the waitlist and that its a favorable position and i will likely be admitted in a wk but it will be without funding.

if you like, we could post this info in the "Waitlist Blues" thread. It is less crowded than this one, and waitlistees would be the ones most interested in this info.

I think that is an excellent option and one that would not irk T4C. : )

hamsterpants, I haven't seen any Temple updates from you recently. No news?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know how exhausting waitlists can be, and I always wanted to know if spots were opening up in the program/lab I was applying to. So, I though it might be helpful to start a new thread where individuals can post where they turned down offers. Just be sure to include the name, the type of program (e.g. clinical, counseling, PhD, PsyD), the date when you actually declined the offer, and if you feel comfortable, your POI.

Best of luck to you all! :luck:

Great idea, Enlightened1. We will do this on the "Waitlist Blues" thread. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=704930

please feel free to PM me instead of posting and I will update.

come on down!

just got an email saying im on the waitlist and that its a favorable position and i will likely be admitted in a wk but it will be without funding.

Congratulations. I hope that doesn't mean all offers of admission are extended at this point and it's on to the waitlist and rejection side of things...I got nothing. :(

my friend just got called yesterday 4pm est with her acceptance. she also got the weird housing letter letting info out early that i got.
Wagwise- you still haven't received a call from Fuller???

I was going to post this on the main board, but I figured anxious people here would be best able to help me out.

What do I do? I have two schools I haven't heard from STILL. One is John Jay (from what I understand, most of their offers are out but I'm still on the waiting list. I asked the DCT over a week ago and she said they were still making offers) and one is from Uniformed Services University. The USU interview was at the beginning of the month, and from the list it looks like one offer was made.

What should I do? Should I bother the DCT of JJ and maybe my POI at USU? I'm getting beyond anxious and going into annoyed territory. :scared:

I got this message too, earlier this morning. I wonder how many people received it? It's so hard to tell with waitlists.

Congrats Wagwise, and if anyone is planning on turning down an offer to GWU...please let me know!!! It's my #1 choice.

Has anyone received an offer from Wichita State University? The DCT said initial offers were made and I'm first alternate. They are my top choice and the suspense of waiting is awful.

I am on the waitlist at Hofstra... I didn't get any info about my place on the waitlist, but Joan did say that sometimes they accept people after the April 15th deadline.

I am on the waitlist at Hofstra... I didn't get any info about my place on the waitlist, but Joan did say that sometimes they accept people after the April 15th deadline.

Hi Sunshine,

Do you mind sharing how you found out you are on the waitlist? Did they call you or did you call them to ask? I was thinking about calling to check on my status, but if they are notifying waitlists I might hold off.

I was going to post this on the main board, but I figured anxious people here would be best able to help me out.

What do I do? I have two schools I haven't heard from STILL. One is John Jay (from what I understand, most of their offers are out but I'm still on the waiting list. I asked the DCT over a week ago and she said they were still making offers) and one is from Uniformed Services University. The USU interview was at the beginning of the month, and from the list it looks like one offer was made.

What should I do? Should I bother the DCT of JJ and maybe my POI at USU? I'm getting beyond anxious and going into annoyed territory. :scared:

I am also still waiting on JJ....I called the program assistant yesterday and she said she knew that not all the positions had been filled but would have to check my application status with Dr. Galietta - who is out all week apparently. She told me to call back next Monday......ugh so frustrating

i got my packet yesterday with a grant for 25% tuition remission.....can neone tell me if thats something they give to everyone or not??

Wagwise,

I don't know the answer to your question because I haven't received my packet yet but I'm hoping you can answer one for me.

When you were offered admission, did you accept right away? I'm asking because I did not right away and the person who offered me admission made no mention of a packet being sent to me or any financial assistance at that time. I haven't been home for a few days so that might be why I haven't gotten it yet...but I would obviously like to see it before I call and accept. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

.Hello! I was accepted to Long Island University CW Post Campus (Clinical PsyD) by phone today :soexcited: (professor left a voicemail while I was sitting in on a class that they offered). She's in a meeting right now but I'm waiting to see her when she gets out at 2pm! :woot: YES!! My dream school :laugh: (and obvious first choice) and now I'm in and my worry is over :hardy: and I'm good to GO!!! :clap: I've been thinking about grad school all through college, and now, finally here I am!!! Yea, I'm totally doing the happy dance *:soexcited:*, but I know there are many of you out there waiting to hear. Pamela was not in the office yesterday and won't be in today, so don't freak out if that letter doesn't come today... there's still time :luck::xf:. If anyone else hears (and plans to accept) PM me so I can get to know my new fellow classmates!! :thumbup:

I know, I love these faces, don't I?? LOLZ! :p

Last edited:
.Hello! I was accepted to Long Island University CW Post Campus (Clinical PsyD) by phone today :soexcited: (professor left a voicemail while I was sitting in on a class that they offered). She's in a meeting right now but I'm waiting to see her when she gets out at 2pm! :woot: YES!! My dream school :laugh: (and obvious first choice) and now I'm in and my worry is over :hardy: and I'm good to GO!!! :clap: I've been thinking about grad school all through college, and now, finally here I am!!! Yea, I'm totally doing the happy dance *:soexcited:*, but I know there are many of you out there waiting to hear. Pamela was not in the office yesterday and won't be in today, so don't freak out if that letter doesn't come today... there's still time :luck::xf:. If anyone else hears (and plans to accept) PM me so I can get to know my new fellow classmates!! :thumbup:.

.I know, I love these faces, don't I?? LOLZ! :p.

Congrats, maybe there is still hope for me. Why did they give all the wrong dates in the e-mail they sent? I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Which professor called you? Was it the same one that e-mailed you?

Wagwise,

I don't know the answer to your question because I haven't received my packet yet but I'm hoping you can answer one for me.

When you were offered admission, did you accept right away? I'm asking because I did not right away and the person who offered me admission made no mention of a packet being sent to me or any financial assistance at that time. I haven't been home for a few days so that might be why I haven't gotten it yet...but I would obviously like to see it before I call and accept. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

i actually asked when they called me about the packet. i did not accept yet. they said it was sent out that wk.......that was 3 wks ago i think. so i think they were slacking. u shuld def receive one in the mail and shuldnt have to do nething to get it.

I'm in at Temple (Clinical Phd) off of the waitlist! It sooo can happen. :horns:

Wagwise- you still haven't received a call from Fuller???

when i got the housing email i talked about before i waited 2 days n when i still didnt hear from admissions i called them and asked. the guy sounded confused but asked for my name, looked me up in the compu and told me i was accepted. im just surprised that i didnt get an official acceptance call like my friend did. maybe they figured that call was enough.....

I'm in at Temple (Clinical Phd) off of the waitlist! It sooo can happen. :horns:

CONGRATS HAMSTER!!!!!!!!!!!! :highfive:I Have been following this forum and the waitlist blues and all the other ones long enough to know how bad you wanted to go to Temple and have been rooting for you the entire time!!! :clap: So happy that good things have happened to such a nice person on this forum!!! :woot:

I am also still waiting on JJ....I called the program assistant yesterday and she said she knew that not all the positions had been filled but would have to check my application status with Dr. Galietta - who is out all week apparently. She told me to call back next Monday......ugh so frustrating

She's out all week! Ack! I guess I'll wait till then...

I JUST got my phone call from CW Post and it was an acceptance!!! My first! VERY happy about this. My call was from Dr. Ortiz, who I interviewed with. He apologized for not making the call yesterday because he was very busy (WOW, heart attack much?) so i'm guessing individual professors are making the call? This is an incredible relief. PM me fore details.

Hi Sunshine,

Do you mind sharing how you found out you are on the waitlist? Did they call you or did you call them to ask? I was thinking about calling to check on my status, but if they are notifying waitlists I might hold off.

I didn't call... I'm not on the east coast and so my timing is always off. :rolleyes: I emailed Joan (the dept. secretary) and just politely asked about the status of my application. Joan is awesome and very on top of things, so she should get back to you within the day.

Yay for you! That is nice to know that it CAN happen. I have been on many waiting lists this year and haven't gotten off of any of them. It looks like I probably won't either. Luckily at my VERY LAST interview, which was the last interview invite I received (invited just a few weeks ago), I finally got accepted. This is my 3rd time applying, and I was actually starting to think about alternate career options. So for anyone who is starting to give up, remember that it only takes one! And for anyone who is just applying for the first time, remember that sometimes third time IS the charm. In the end I'll probably have been rejected from 17 of the 18 schools I applied to, but I'm OK with that. :)

yay for you! That is nice to know that it can happen. I have been on many waiting lists this year and haven't gotten off of any of them. It looks like i probably won't either. Luckily at my very last interview, which was the last interview invite i received (invited just a few weeks ago), i finally got accepted. This is my 3rd time applying, and i was actually starting to think about alternate career options. So for anyone who is starting to give up, remember that it only takes one! And for anyone who is just applying for the first time, remember that sometimes third time is the charm. In the end i'll probably have been rejected from 17 of the 18 schools i applied to, but i'm ok with that. :)

+1

I didn't call... I'm not on the east coast and so my timing is always off. :rolleyes: I emailed Joan (the dept. secretary) and just politely asked about the status of my application. Joan is awesome and very on top of things, so she should get back to you within the day.

Thanks for letting me know! I think I'll try e-mailing too.

Hey guys! Just a heads up, I spoke to the person who called me personally, and she told me that she's an adjunct, and she just checked her email today (the LIU account). So one reason for the delay is that some professors may not know yet that they have students to call, so don't give up hope! :xf: Also, it doesn't look like Pamela will be in today either...

Hope that was helpful!! :luck:

I got the disparities fellowship = $18,000 so major :soexcited: and :hardy:!!

Congratulations to all who were accepted. I am still praying...

wow, so many happy cw post ppl today. great job guys :clap:

So I know that acceptances went out at LIU Brooklyn and I know that some waitlists went out. I am starting to think that I'm rejected, since I've heard NOTHING post interview. But I think someone also said that some rejections had gone out? Were these pre-interview or post-interview? I don't see them on the rejection board. Has anyone else heard nothing from them post-interview? Any info would be nice, I just want to know where I stand!! :eek:

Yay for you! That is nice to know that it CAN happen. I have been on many waiting lists this year and haven't gotten off of any of them. It looks like I probably won't either. Luckily at my VERY LAST interview, which was the last interview invite I received (invited just a few weeks ago), I finally got accepted. This is my 3rd time applying, and I was actually starting to think about alternate career options. So for anyone who is starting to give up, remember that it only takes one! And for anyone who is just applying for the first time, remember that sometimes third time IS the charm. In the end I'll probably have been rejected from 17 of the 18 schools I applied to, but I'm OK with that. :)

yay! I'm SO glad it happened for you too. All your persistence paid off. and you are right, ONE is the magic number. It was down to this one for me too. I'm in disbelief, I had already started work on next year's app.

I received a waitlist email today (so did a friend). Is anyone not planning to not accept? or is strongly considering not going. Feel free to PM.

Same thing for LIU...:cool:

2 waitlists going. I'm starting to feel like HamsterPants. Except now she's accepted so that may be very good feeling. Congrats HP.