the new and improved 2010 Acceptance and Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this site. I have been accepted into PGSP's PhD clinical program. I am considering attending the program in the fall. I do understand the long-term ramifications regarding the cost of the education. Putting that aside, I have three questions:

1. Does anyone have any information regarding the quality of the education, employment that graduates have secured, etc.?

2. I also understand in 2010, PGSP's PhD program had an 85% APPIC internship match rate - and there were 41 students that applied for internship. 85% APPIC matched (35), 66% (27) APA matched. How do you compare this to a program that has only 6 students applying for APA internships and gets a 100% match rate?

3. Typically what do students do if they do not get into an APA internship (after applying their first time), and only want to get into an APA internship?

Thank you for your feedback! Best, M

Members don't see this ad.

No call as of yet.... I am guessing that the professors are waiting until they get into the office tomorrow (wishful thinking)!!!

ive heard nothing either. let's see what happens tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was anybody else totally offended by the fact that City College failed to send anyone post-interview rejection letters? I know they sent them to applicants who didn't receive interviews. They just decided to string along the people who put the time, energy, and emotion into interviews. How totally insensitive.

I was feeling so strung along that I e-mailed them. It took them about a week and a half to reply. The e-mail was fairly kind in its rejection, can't remember the exact words but basically "Unfortunately we have already extended all of our acceptance offers... you were a strong candidate blah blah blah but it was really competitive this year. You will receive a follow-up letter to this e-mail in the coming week".

So they said there would be an official rejection letter but it never came (FYI I received this e-mail a week and a half ago).

So anyway I know I'm rejected but I do find it rather annoying that they couldn't send me a letter and I definitely feel you on that front. I guess they technically have until April 1st, but it just feels really cruel since they have their entire incoming class, it is not like they are waiting because of a waitlist issue.

Has anyone (who didn't already hear last Tuesday 3/16) heard from Nova Southeasterns PsyD program?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if anyone had just received an acceptance. I know I've talked to several of you who were on the waitlist before, I got an email from the DCT stating that I was now the next alternate so I'm wondering if anyone out there is turning it down. PM please. Thanks.

The New School has extended an offer of admission to their General Psych MA program, @ 25% off. :rolleyes: Seriously, though, with four rejections, three MIAs and two post-interview determinations pending, it's nice to have a taste of success. Now to see what happens with GWU today...:corny:

Add another to the stare at my phone all day list.

Why would the letter say we will be contacted over the weekend or monday. Why not just say monday since it looks like noone was contacted yet or better yet why not just tell us by email since the decisions have been made since last week.

Why would the letter say we will be contacted over the weekend or monday. Why not just say monday since it looks like noone was contacted yet or better yet why not just tell us by email since the decisions have been made since last week.

Right? The day is edging closer to an end... the professors must be enjoying this :).... $20 says we get another email telling us decisions will now be mailed tomorrow.. grrr.

I thought the email was awful. Every time my blackberry buzzed since last Friday I got my hopes up.

I don't care how they contact me, but to tell me to expect a call between X and Y if you got in is borderline cruel. ;)

I just got my acceptance e-mail to Nova's Psy. D. program in clinical psychology!! YEAY!! So excited!! Wishing each and everyone of you lots of luck!!!! :)

No calls forCW? e-mails from GW? Nothing from Yeshiva??

Today should have been a big day for news and at 3:20 still NOTHING!

Anticipation is killing my soul.

No calls forCW? e-mails from GW? Nothing from Yeshiva??

Today should have been a big day for news and at 3:20 still NOTHING!

Anticipation is killing my soul.

Looks like 8 people posted in the last 2 pages waiting for CW Post. I also know another person waiting who hasn't heard.

As for Yeshiva, I'm also still waiting to hear, but my guess is a pessimistic one... Considering a handful of people have already heard, and nothing has shown up in the rejection thread, I'm guessing those who haven't heard are waiting on bad news. I hope I'm wrong...

I thought the email was awful. Every time my blackberry buzzed since last Friday I got my hopes up.

I don't care how they contact me, but to tell me to expect a call between X and Y if you got in is borderline cruel. ;)

Ditto. I've called the office 3 times but Pam is not answering. They are not nice for keeping us waiting like this.

Has anyone heard from the Nova PhD program after interviews last Monday (3/15)?

Thanks!

Hi all!

I was accepted into St. John's Adult Clinical PhD program! I am totally shocked! I had called last week and was told that the acceptances had already gone out so I had kinda lost hope on this one.... Well now I have a decision to make... If there are any St. John's students out there I would love to hear their thoughts and experiences with the program.

Looks like someone was accepted by phone. They posted on grad cafe pretty recently I think. Good luck to all.

I am in at GWU!! Email just came over the wire!!!

For all of us who are still waiting to hear from the various schools... I have some good news and some bad news. Good news: We only have about 2 weeks to be notified so the waiting game is almost over (and we survived!). Bad news: I have the feeling a lot of sad emails/letters will be sent in the next week or so....
ok, when I am nervous I start to get weird... sorry for putting you all through it but THIS IS GETTING TO ME!! I dont know what I am going to do if I am not told soon...+pissed+lol...

I have not heard ANYTHING from Baylor either and they said they were going to get back to us around the 18th! I'm not sure what that means......

Congrats! Is this for the PhD or PsyD? I'm still waiting to hear from GWU's PsyD. I thought they were going to let us know today over email if we were accepted, waitlisted or rejected...?

Thanks!

Hey- I was admitted into the PsyD program.. Dr. Holmes sent out the emails this afternoon, but she has stated at the interview it may take her until tomorrow to finish up- Good luck :)

Just received call from Azusa Pacific U that I was accepted into their PsyD program :soexcited:

Looks like someone was accepted by phone. They posted on grad cafe pretty recently I think. Good luck to all.

No C.W post phone call for for me either. If I didn't have another offer already I would likely be on my way to seeing a psychologist instead of becoming one. Lol

No C.W post phone call for for me either. If I didn't have another offer already I would likely be on my way to seeing a psychologist instead of becoming one. Lol

I know what you mean. Waiting on a few places that people keep posting they got into is upping the stress level. I guess we'll all be able to empathize with patients that much better if we make it through this...

wow, so many of us waiting for responses from CW.

Not nice to keep us waiting. For those of you who received an email regarding sitting in on classes, do you live nearby the campus? I am wondering why I did not get the email... either it means bad news or maybe they didnt send me knowing I am across the country and wouldnt be able to sit in on classes????

For those who were accepted to the New School's General Psych MA, how personalized were your letters? I had some very encouraging sounding words written at the bottom of an otherwise form-type letter. "Good fit, Come join us," "Wonderful work, you must be very proud"

Anybody else get something similar? I wouldn't want to assume I was that special...:p

I received an email from the enrollment manager at Nova on March 19. Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

How has noone heard from CW Post yet except for that one person on grad cafe that said they were phoned yesterday. Its 7:30 how late can they call. I'm preparing myself for a hopeful wait list.

wow, so many of us waiting for responses from CW.

Not nice to keep us waiting. For those of you who received an email regarding sitting in on classes, do you live nearby the campus? I am wondering why I did not get the email... either it means bad news or maybe they didnt send me knowing I am across the country and wouldnt be able to sit in on classes????

I do live close by, and I did get the email... Well I guess we'll know by tomorrow. Anyone going to a class for them tomorrow?? Let me know!!!

I do live close by, and I did get the email... Well I guess we'll know by tomorrow. Anyone going to a class for them tomorrow?? Let me know!!!

Waiting to hear before I commit to taking time off work to go to class.

That said, I got a phone call just now from an area code I didn't recognize, got all excited, but, no luck.

Has anyone heard back from Rosalind Franklin post-interview?

I know how exhausting waitlists can be, and I always wanted to know if spots were opening up in the program/lab I was applying to. So, I though it might be helpful to start a new thread where individuals can post where they turned down offers. Just be sure to include the name, the type of program (e.g. clinical, counseling, PhD, PsyD), the date when you actually declined the offer, and if you feel comfortable, your POI.

Best of luck to you all! :luck:

I know how exhausting waitlists can be, and I always wanted to know if spots were opening up in the program/lab I was applying to. So, I though it might be helpful to start a new thread where individuals can post where they turned down offers. Just be sure to include the name, the type of program (e.g. clinical, counseling, PhD, PsyD), the date when you actually declined the offer, and if you feel comfortable, your POI.

MOD NOTE: We have plenty of accept/reject/waitlist/interview/follow-up/etc threads....so I merged your thread here.

Whoever got accepted to UNCG mind pm'ing me their POI?

Is there going to be a thread where people can post if they turn down offers?! :idea: If so this will be amazing!!

Is there going to be a thread where people can post if they turn down offers?! :idea: If so this will be amazing!!

T4C suggests that you do that in this thread.

So, yep, use this thread to post that info.