the new and improved 2010 Acceptance and Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received a waitlist email today (so did a friend). Is anyone not planning to not accept? or is strongly considering not going. Feel free to PM.

Same thing for LIU...:cool:

2 waitlists going. I'm starting to feel like HamsterPants. Except now she's accepted so that may be very good feeling. Congrats HP.

Which LIU? Bklyn or CW Post? Which St. Johns program>?

Members don't see this ad.

I got the waitlist email too....

I received a waitlist email today (so did a friend). Is anyone not planning to not accept? or is strongly considering not going. Feel free to PM.

2 waitlists going. I'm starting to feel like HamsterPants. Except now she's accepted so that may be very good feeling. Congrats HP.

Acceptance received at 2:00PM to LIU C.W Post campus (clinical Psy.d). I feel blessed and grateful to have some seriously tough decisions ahead of me.

Members don't see this ad :)
to my utter shock and delight yesterday, i received at email letter of acceptance from yeshiva psyd (i had given up all hope!) it can happen!! i presume i was on their waitlist or something. anyone else thinking of going there?? :D

Congrats! We all know how much you've been waiting for this. Good luck with grad school!:thumbup:

Also another reminder to those who are turning down offers, please let us know where, the type of program (e.g. clinical, counseling, PhD, PsyD), the date when you actually declined the offer, and if you feel comfortable, your POI. This should be done on the "Waitlist Blues" thread. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=704930

please feel free to PM me instead of posting and I will update.

Let's spread some hope to the waitlist! :thumbup:

Hey, 2 lists is better odds than 1!

How long does everyone plan on sitting on their offers? If someone has two offers, they should generally chose between the two ASAP, so that these slots are freed for the next person.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does everyone plan on sitting on their offers? If someone has two offers, they should generally chose between the two ASAP, so that these slots are freed for the next person.

Yes! Always decide ASAP. but you tecnically have until April 15th to choose. The sooner the better, I'd say.

I'm in at Temple (Clinical Phd) off of the waitlist! It sooo can happen. :horns:

Yay! I am so happy for you! I have been sending positive thoughts that you would get in. We will both be in the state of Pennsylvania too! Whoo PA! :D

Official wait list notification via e-mail from program administrator.

"High Priority" Waitlist at Hofstra.

Anyone have thoughts about Hofstra Clinical PhD in comparison to Yeshiva Clinical Health Emphasis PhD (the school I've been accepted to)? I felt pretty equal about them when I interviewed, so any help would be appreciated.

To wait, or not to wait, that is the question.:confused:

Accepted to Wichita State University's Clinical Ph.D. program via phone call this morning. First choice!

"High Priority" Waitlist at Hofstra.

Anyone have thoughts about Hofstra Clinical PhD in comparison to Yeshiva Clinical Health Emphasis PhD (the school I've been accepted to)? I felt pretty equal about them when I interviewed, so any help would be appreciated.

To wait, or not to wait, that is the question.:confused:

Hofstra told you that you were "high priority?" Eek, there goes my chances... they said they couldn't update me further, except that I was placed on a wait list. I guess its time for me to start working on my apps for next year... :(

I got my acceptance letter yesterday from Adler School of Professional Psychology- Clinical Psy.D. program! :)

Hofstra told you that you were "high priority?" Eek, there goes my chances... they said they couldn't update me further, except that I was placed on a wait list. I guess its time for me to start working on my apps for next year... :(

Hi Sunshine,

I wouldn't give up yet... if they follow the guidelines that are in the insiders guide (and possibly APA guidelines? not sure) then high priority means that in an average admission year you will get in off the waitlist before April 1st. But it isn't really over until April 15th, so it is quite possible that people who aren't high priority can get in off the waitlist too. After all, you wouldn't be on the list if they didn't think you had a shot. I wish you luck!!!:luck::luck::luck::luck::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Did you like the school when you interviewed? What was your impression? I haven't talked to very many people about Hofstra and I'm curious about what people think. Feel free to PM me if you want :)

If anyone has heard anything from USC post-interview (besides a rejection letter), please PM me. Thanks!

Accepted:

Loyola University Maryland Psy.D
C.W. Post LIU Psy.D

Yippy choices are nice after 12 out of 12 denials last year!

Today is March 24th and Adelphi (clinical PhD) said that they will be sending out notifications via email today. Um, has anyone gotten one? I was just wondering...
Thank you and good luck!

Accepted at 1.35 through email....
This is my top choice! I am soooo happy and got a workout of jumping around...
I wish good luck to everyone!

Today is March 24th and Adelphi (clinical PhD) said that they will be sending out notifications via email today. Um, has anyone gotten one? I was just wondering...
Thank you and good luck!

Just received email from Patrick Ross with acceptance to Adelphi and $5000 assistantship. Woo Hoo. Good luck to all still waiting.

Accepted at 1.35 through email....
This is my top choice! I am soooo happy and got a workout of jumping around...
I wish good luck to everyone!

Just received email from Patrick Ross with acceptance to Adelphi and $5000 assistantship. Woo Hoo. Good luck to all still waiting.

Mass e-mails or personal? Future.. was yours also at 1:35?

Hey guys- I am down between 2 schools and would love some assistance in making my decision. I have been accepted to LIU C.W Post Psy.d and Seattle Pacific University's Ph.d Clinical program. Here are the ups and downs for each:

PRO LIU- Better reputation, higher APA internship match rate, more intensive clinical training, more opportunities for department financial assistance, more research emphasis than most Psy.ds,
CON LIU- Approximately 35k/yr, Minimal financial assistance (RAship) at this point, NY cost of living, fewer research opportunities in my area of interest.

PRO SPU-
Dream research fit, really connected with the faculty, great part of the country, possible RA money,I have family in the area, collaboration with big names at U Washington.
CON SPU- Younger school that is less well known, lower APA internship match rates, less intensive clinical training, fewer opportunities for financial assistance, approximately 28k/yr tuition.

My ultimate career goal at this moment (though it may likely change) is to have an academic position and do clinical work on the side. I could also see myself in an administrative position at a mental health facility.
I know that this is a wonderful dilemma to have and I am incredibly grateful for these opportunities. Thanks so much for reading. All feedback is appreciated!

Hey guys- I am down between 2 schools and would love some assistance in making my decision. I have been accepted to LIU C.W Post Psy.d and Seattle Pacific University's Ph.d Clinical program. Here are the ups and downs for each:

PRO LIU- Better reputation, higher APA internship match rate, more intensive clinical training, more opportunities for department financial assistance, more research emphasis than most Psy.ds,
CON LIU- Approximately 35k/yr, Minimal financial assistance (RAship) at this point, NY cost of living, fewer research opportunities in my area of interest.

PRO SPU- Dream research fit, really connected with the faculty, great part of the country, possible RA money,I have family in the area, collaboration with big names at U Washington.
CON SPU- Younger school that is less well known, lower APA internship match rates, less intensive clinical training, fewer opportunities for financial assistance, approximately 28k/yr tuition.

My ultimate career goal at this moment (though it may likely change) is to have an academic position and do clinical work on the side. I could also see myself in an administrative position at a mental health facility.
I know that this is a wonderful dilemma to have and I am incredibly grateful for these opportunities. Thanks so much for reading. All feedback is appreciated!

Gotta go with the school that is going to meet your interests in the field most!! No point in a good reputation if its for an area of the field that doesnt matter to you..

Gotta go with the school that is going to meet your interests in the field most!! No point in a good reputation if its for an area of the field that doesnt matter to you..

Idk i disagree with this. What he/she likes to do now might not necessarily be what he/she wants to do for their life. I think the lacking APA accred internship match rate, lack of financial assistance opportunities, etc are heavier weights than anything...

Also, he/she is doing a PsyD, so research cant be the most important factor here right?

Hmmmm do the coin flip test mate! Easy peasy!

Idk i disagree with this. What he/she likes to do now might not necessarily be what he/she wants to do for their life. I think the lacking APA accred internship match rate, lack of financial assistance opportunities, etc are heavier weights than anything...

Also, he/she is doing a PsyD, so research cant be the most important factor here right?

Hmmmm do the coin flip test mate! Easy peasy!

I gave up gambling years ago so I'm afraid the coin flip test is no longer an option:) The fact that the first 2 responses were opposing views is indicative of my mental state. Keep the feedback coming colleagues!

(btw- I'm a guy)

PRO SPU- Dream research fit, really connected with the faculty, great part of the country, possible RA money,I have family in the area, collaboration with big names at U Washington.

If you want an academic position, I would go to the place that has the best opportunities and fit for research. From reading your pros and cons, it looks as though you think higher of SPU, but maybe I'm reading too much into it lol

What is the difference in APA internship match rate for the 2 schools if you dont mind sharing ?

PRO SPU-
Dream research fit, really connected with the faculty, great part of the country, possible RA money,I have family in the area, collaboration with big names at U Washington.

One thing to remember about SPU is that they only received APA accreditation a couple of years ago, so that's going to create a significant discontinuity in their internship match rates pre- and post-accreditation. If I were in your spot, I'd look primarily at their match rates for the last couple of years; they're probably much different and much better than their match rates over the longer term.

One thing to remember about SPU is that they only received APA accreditation a couple of years ago, so that's going to create a significant discontinuity in their internship match rates pre- and post-accreditation. If I were in your spot, I'd look primarily at their match rates for the last couple of years; they're probably much different and much better than their match rates over the longer term.

Thanks so much! Great point. I think the numbers are roughly 93% for LIU to 60-70% SPU. I'm sure it will get better 5 years from now.

Waitlisted at Adelphi. Not my personal top choice, so feeling pretty ambivalent about it.

I received an acceptance phone call for a slot in the clinical child program on March 23!

Still have not gotten a phone call acceptance or email waitlist. I guess this is bad news and means I was rejected ?? Looks like I will not be transferring into a PsyD program since I was not accepted

Time to take a year off to work

Response to this.. "Good things come to those who wait"??????
:(:scared::smuggrin: