the new and improved 2010 Acceptance and Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who do you contact to find out where you are on the waitlist? The program chair, or the admissions office?

Who gave you the news?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else heard from LaSalle recently?? I haven't heard a word from them since my interview and it's making me crazy! It's tied for my number one choice with another school I was accepted to and I just want to make a decision and get this over with!! If anyone hears anything please let me know!

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Roosevelt U. yet...I've waited for a couple of weeks now (I interviewed there Mar. 1st) and I'm just getting a little antsy waiting to hear from them.

Accepted off U Vermont waitlist clin phd, I guess I forgot to pull myself off the waitlist :( Either way I am now! Good luck everyone

Snail mail acceptance to New School MA program, since you can't go directly into their phd program with 25% scholarship. Good luck to all.

Just finishing up at the New School. Would love to offer any feedback, answer your questions if you have any. I have a lot to say about this program . . .

I also got into the New School MA with a scholarship. I wonder if we go through a program like that which requires you to go to their MA program before applying to the PhD how likely we are to get in to the PhD part of the program. Any thoughts? Also, if we are getting a scholarship for the MA, is this their way of telling us we have a good shot of getting in to the PhD later? I am curious because I have another acceptance to a straight-through PhD program, although the funding isn't good.... not sure if I should go to the sure thing without as much money or the gamble with some money

I know it feels good to get an acceptance, but do not be tantalized by it. It is standard for them to offer that 25% tuition remission.

The chances of getting in to the PhD are not good. They take about 80 MA students each year and about 16 get in to the PhD. Those who are "lucky" enough to continue on are heavily burdened, as the program offers financial aid packages to only 2 students.

I decided early on that I didn't want to even apply to the PhD because it is an exploitative and infantilizing environment. I watched friends of mine who had virtually enslaved themselves to professors and worked hard to earn between 3.80 and 4.0 GPA's be rejected for completely political reasons this year.

This school has a reputation as a company and not an institution of higher learning. I'm sad to say it, but this is entirely true.

Accepted off U Vermont waitlist clin phd, I guess I forgot to pull myself off the waitlist :( Either way I am now! Good luck everyone

Hey Justin, if you don't mind me asking, were you a high alternate or an alternate on the waitlist?

Auburn is my only shot. Anyone want to throw me a spot? :xf:

Did anyone else also receive an e-mail today from CW post about sitting in on some of their classes. They will be notifying applicants on Monday regarding admissions decisions but I am wondering if getting this e-mail now is a sign that I might be getting a phone call. If you did get this e-mail I would reaaaaaaaaly appreciate if you let me know. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else also receive an e-mail today from CW post about sitting in on some of their classes. They will be notifying applicants on Monday regarding admissions decisions but I am wondering if getting this e-mail now is a sign that I might be getting a phone call. If you did get this e-mail I would reaaaaaaaaly appreciate if you let me know. Thanks!

Hey- I received the email today as well... that was such a tease!!! I am wondering if anyone that interviewed at LIU did not receive the email?

Hey- I received the email today as well... that was such a tease!!! I am wondering if anyone that interviewed at LIU did not receive the email?

Yea, that's the same thing I was trying to figure out. I swear my heart skipped a beat when I saw the e-mail b/c i thought that they originally said only accepted & waitlisted students would be invited--maybe it's just wishful thinking lol

Yea, that's the same thing I was trying to figure out. I swear my heart skipped a beat when I saw the e-mail b/c i thought that they originally said only accepted & waitlisted students would be invited--maybe it's just wishful thinking lol

Right!! I was in the middle of finishing up my notes for the day and I said to myself "this is it!!".. Only to read the bottom half of the email. Did you get a sense of how many they were looking to accept this year?

Right!! I was in the middle of finishing up my notes for the day and I said to myself "this is it!!".. Only to read the bottom half of the email. Did you get a sense of how many they were looking to accept this year?

Some of the current students said ~20. i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. This is gonna be the longest weekend ever!

Lol likewise... Actually the email said that the professor may call over the weekend too... so dont wander too far from your cell!!!

I know it feels good to get an acceptance, but do not be tantalized by it. It is standard for them to offer that 25% tuition remission.

The chances of getting in to the PhD are not good. They take about 80 MA students each year and about 16 get in to the PhD. Those who are "lucky" enough to continue on are heavily burdened, as the program offers financial aid packages to only 2 students.

I decided early on that I didn't want to even apply to the PhD because it is an exploitative and infantilizing environment. I watched friends of mine who had virtually enslaved themselves to professors and worked hard to earn between 3.80 and 4.0 GPA's be rejected for completely political reasons this year.

This school has a reputation as a company and not an institution of higher learning. I'm sad to say it, but this is entirely true.

Wow MichelleFC thanks so much for this info!! I was definitely leaning towards going straight for the PHD program (i.e. my other acceptance) but after what you said I have no doubt in my mind at all...I won't be attending new school.... YIkes!! The only reason I was even feeling slightly hesitant to reject them was because they had given me a 50% scholarship, which comes out to about double what I'd be getting at the other program. But the other program is very reputable and it is straight to phd so I am not going to even think twice now.:D Thank you again so much!!! You saved me some agonizing about what to do.

Yea, I got the same email, but based on the bottom half of it, it seems everyone got it. Well, it's not much more of a wait... According to the emails, acceptance letters will be sent Tuesday afternoon.

PsychAddict and nicu4leo, I'm guessing LIU is your first choice since you're dying to know? Let me know, it's my first choice, and we may be future class mates? :xf: I'll post the second I hear!! :p

Hey Justin, if you don't mind me asking, were you a high alternate or an alternate on the waitlist?

When I emailed him before he told me I was first alternate, I did not believe it really because I figured they told everyone that. So who honestly knows, this PI had given away the spot before I had even interviewed so I was a little turned off the program before I found this out.

Anyone accepted into UMKC or WSU and thinking of not going? I'm waitlisted at both as a "high alternate" and am dying to get off the waitlists!

If you're in this situation, please PM me!! Thanks so much!!

also... I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice...

basically I'm getting a master's in London this year so wasn't able to go to any interviews in person, they were all conducted over the phone/skype. I am coming home for Easter to be with my family and could get to WSU easily as I don't live too far away from the campus. Does anyone think, even though I am waitlisted, that it would be inappropriate for me to ask the DCT/my POI if I could come to the campus, meet them, etc etc to learn more about the program? I'd be really interested to hear anyone's thoughts, if you have any, please PM me!! Thanks!

Did anyone else who was waitlisted at Pitt receive a rejection letter today? I am a first alternate and my POI has been great about updates, but then I received this letter today. I'm hoping it was just standard operating procedure for those not extended an offer in the first round...

Did anyone else who was waitlisted at Pitt receive a rejection letter today? I am a first alternate and my POI has been great about updates, but then I received this letter today. I'm hoping it was just standard operating procedure for those not extended an offer in the first round...

Sounds like the first choice accepted the offer.

I did not receive any email from them so I have no idea what this means but it probably is not good..crap :/

Wow MichelleFC thanks so much for this info!! I was definitely leaning towards going straight for the PHD program (i.e. my other acceptance) but after what you said I have no doubt in my mind at all...I won't be attending new school.... YIkes!! The only reason I was even feeling slightly hesitant to reject them was because they had given me a 50% scholarship, which comes out to about double what I'd be getting at the other program. But the other program is very reputable and it is straight to phd so I am not going to even think twice now.:D Thank you again so much!!! You saved me some agonizing about what to do.

I'm so glad I can be helpful! I'd hate to see anyone else enter a program I know has so many flaws. Good luck to you!

Yea, I got the same email, but based on the bottom half of it, it seems everyone got it. Well, it's not much more of a wait... According to the emails, acceptance letters will be sent Tuesday afternoon.

PsychAddict and nicu4leo, I'm guessing LIU is your first choice since you're dying to know? Let me know, it's my first choice, and we may be future class mates? :xf: I'll post the second I hear!! :p

nothing yet.....

Has anyone heard from Baylor? They said that they would call everyone even if rejected, but they're driving me crazy!

anyone have an opinion on Depaul's clinical-community program?

Last edited:
also... I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice...

basically I'm getting a master's in London this year so wasn't able to go to any interviews in person, they were all conducted over the phone/skype. I am coming home for Easter to be with my family and could get to WSU easily as I don't live too far away from the campus. Does anyone think, even though I am waitlisted, that it would be inappropriate for me to ask the DCT/my POI if I could come to the campus, meet them, etc etc to learn more about the program? I'd be really interested to hear anyone's thoughts, if you have any, please PM me!! Thanks!

It doesn't look like anyone has responded to this. I think it's definitely appropriate to ask your POI. Tell them, I'm still very interested in the school; as you know, I couldn't be there for interviews, and now I'd like to take the opportunity to visit if you have a chance... etc. They may say no -- but that's the worst that could happen. Why would this be a bad thing to do?

Last edited:
In my desperation, I looked up my online application status for Yeshiva and under the section "Admission Type" it said "Ferkauf Fall Admit"-does anybody who has not officially received an acceptance have that status? Feel free to PM me.

In my desperation, I looked up my online application status for Yeshiva and under the section "Admission Type" it said "Ferkauf Fall Admit"-does anybody who has not officially received an acceptance have that status? Feel free to PM me.

I submitted it the old fashioned way... now I know why they want you to do it online. I just couldnt figure out how to do it that way- on my screen the boxes didnt line up with the questions!
I havent received any notification and I am going crazy about it!:)

Hi Agador Spartacus,
I have the same thing too...but I am not certain if it is anything to be optimistic about...

Hi Agador Spartacus,
I have the same thing too...but I am not certain if it is anything to be optimistic about...

I also have the same for my admission type. Wish I could remember if it said that before decisions would have been made when I've checked my status. It might simply mean we'd potentially be admitted for the Fall at Ferkauf....

Oh my god I love your screen name. A Birdcage fan I'm guessing?

Hi,
I've heard nothing and I'm going crazy. Unfortunately, I also have that and I think it just means that you were hoping to be admitted for the fall.

I'm trying to decide between the PsyD programs at Antioch U New England, University of Hartford, and Nova Southeastern U. I would like to pursue Neuropsychology. Nova is the only program that has a Neuropsych concentration, but I don't know much else about the school. Otherwise, the two others don't have concentrations.

Can anyone give me their input on these programs? Does any one of these hold a higher reputation that the others? I would REALLY appreciate any feedback! Thanks and good luck to everyone!

I'm trying to decide between the PsyD programs at Antioch U New England, University of Hartford, and Nova Southeastern U. I would like to pursue Neuropsychology. Nova is the only program that has a Neuropsych concentration, but I don't know much else about the school. Otherwise, the two others don't have concentrations.

Can anyone give me their input on these programs? Does any one of these hold a higher reputation that the others? I would REALLY appreciate any feedback! Thanks and good luck to everyone!

IIRC, Hartford has (some) funding while the other two don't.

Was anybody else totally offended by the fact that City College failed to send anyone post-interview rejection letters? I know they sent them to applicants who didn't receive interviews. They just decided to string along the people who put the time, energy, and emotion into interviews. How totally insensitive.

I just accepted an offer from MSPP (Clinical Psy.D.) and declined offers from La Salle and Immaculata-- for anyone waiting on these programs, hopefully you will hear good news soon! :)

Would the person who got off the waitlist at Oregon mind PMing me their POI or any other info, I am on the wait list too and the wait is driving me nuts!