the new and improved 2010 Acceptance and Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I found out yesterday that I am number 10 on IUP's PsyD wait-list. I love the program, and would be ecstatic to get an offer, but I'm not too hopeful with being so far down the wait list. Looks like I will probably have another application process to look forward to..

Members don't see this ad.

Fuller Theological Seminary Clinical PhD acceptance 3/24

Azusa Pacific University Pre-PsyD Waitlisted 3/30

Just accepted off the wait list for Hofstra Clinical PhD!!! I'm still in shock, but so happy! :soexcited:

Congrats sunshine!!!! I told you not to lose hope ;) you even got in off the waitlist before me despite my "high priority", I guess we now know that means very little haha. Congrats to you again I know how bad you wanted to get in there!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats sunshine!!!! I told you not to lose hope ;) you even got in off the waitlist before me despite my "high priority", I guess we now know that means very little haha. Congrats to you again I know how bad you wanted to get in there!!

Thank you! I think it helped that I kept pestering Joan, haha. I hope you get in too!

Argosy-Chicago 11/20
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology 3/3
Also admitted to Umich School of Social Work 3/30... not sure where I'm going yet.

Yeshiva clinical psyd anyone? I heard that they are on spring break now so I guess they will not be notifying us tomorrow? um, what about APA?
APA- can someone tell me if they require notifications about waitlists too by April 1st or just acceptances? Thanks!

Yeah, what is going on with that?? I still haven't heard anything from several schools (post-interview), even after emailing them. I thought they were bound by the APA guidelines to tell us by April 1st? I am SO annoyed.

deciding between BYU clinical and ASU counseling. Any advise? :confused:

I called someone in the department today and they said that some decisions had been made, but she wasn't sure about all. I think that they might be waiting to see if people decline to make sure that they fill their whole class. Just keeping my fingers crossed for declines with my POI!

You know, I still never heard from Baylor even though I contacted them over a week ago and they said they would get back to me soon. I accepted an offer at another university which was actually my top choice so that's good!!!! I let Baylor know I accepted and told the secretary that I still hadn't been contacted. She apologized a lot but that was it. I find it kind of strange that I got absolutely no reply. Good luck to you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks AJ! i'll likely accept, love the program, students and faculty (and their pets) but very hesitant about huntsville...:confused:

I know I was there too, the crazy place they took us Saturday night...
oivey

has anyone else not heard yet from Yeshiva Clinical PsyD? I called and they told me to email them and they'll get back to me... I did and still have not received a response. Is anyone else in this situation? Does anyone know what this means? :(

has anyone else not heard yet from Yeshiva Clinical PsyD? I called and they told me to email them and they'll get back to me... I did and still have not received a response. Is anyone else in this situation? Does anyone know what this means? :(

I have not heard back from them either.

Accepted of the Wait list at The University of Oregon for Clinical PhD and Going:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Officially accepted Adelphi's offer today and turned down St. John's School Psy. D program and Hofstra School-Community Psy. D. program for any of those on wait lists. Good luck to all!

Received an acceptance call today from my POI at Binghamton... official acceptance is on the way via snail mail!

Hey everyone,

So I got an offer from Seattle Pacific today and I'm trying to decide where to attend. I've been also sitting on an offer from Idaho State. Both are for clinical PhDs.

ISU offered me a stipend and tuition waver for my first year (competitive annually). The prof I would work with is doing interesting research on the bahavioral deficits due to meth and it's neural toxicity to the OFC but I never got to meet him. I am ultimately interested in specializing in neuropsych so the research would fit well. However, the city is very rural and I didn't really feel "at home" in the surroundings. I know school will consume most my time but I feel location is a big factor. I understand that I will be consumed with school but the location troubles me.

As for SPU, since it's private, I would have to pull out federal student loans. The program does offer assistantships and grant fellowships to help subsidize the cost and priority is given to more advanced students. Thus, I would have to incur debt of which I am debt free at this point. I do know there are post doc programs in rural areas that will wipe 50,000 of debt for service and pay a modest salary though. *The program also offers me the ability to work with adjunct faculty from U Washington. The prof I would work with is the chair and his research in health psychology and psychopharnacology is also a close match as well. The school is also in Seattle which is much closer to my family which is important to me. Plus, I'm 28 and have slowly been building a life here.

Thus, it comes down to money vs location being the biggest deciding factors I suppose. Both are great programs and I plan on thinking about this over the weekend. Any advice or words of wisdom is appreciated.

Hey everyone,

So I got an offer from Seattle Pacific today and I'm trying to decide where to attend. I've been also sitting on an offer from Idaho State. Both are for clinical PhDs.

ISU offered me a stipend and tuition waver for my first year (competitive annually). The prof I would work with is doing interesting research on the bahavioral deficits due to meth and it's neural toxicity to the OFC but I never got to meet him. I am ultimately interested in specializing in neuropsych so the research would fit well. However, the city is very rural and I didn't really feel "at home" in the surroundings. I know school will consume most my time but I feel location is a big factor. I understand that I will be consumed with school but the location troubles me.

As for SPU, since it's private, I would have to pull out federal student loans. The program does offer assistantships and grant fellowships to help subsidize the cost and priority is given to more advanced students. Thus, I would have to incur debt of which I am debt free at this point. I do know there are post doc programs in rural areas that will wipe 50,000 of debt for service and pay a modest salary though. *The program also offers me the ability to work with adjunct faculty from U Washington. The prof I would work with is the chair and his research in health psychology and psychopharnacology is also a close match as well. The school is also in Seattle which is much closer to my family which is important to me. Plus, I'm 28 and have slowly been building a life here.

Thus, it comes down to money vs location being the biggest deciding factors I suppose. Both are great programs and I plan on thinking about this over the weekend. Any advice or words of wisdom is appreciated.

What percentage of students at SPU/ISU are funded annually? Does the funding include full/partial tuition waiver and/or full/partial stipend? Personally, I'd go for ISU, as I've heard good things about it, and SPU is a relatively new program. Also, make sure you'd be okay with SPU's religious bent (you've probably already looked into this, but I wanted to mention it). Good luck! :luck:

What percentage of students at SPU/ISU are funded annually? Does the funding include full/partial tuition waiver and/or full/partial stipend? Personally, I'd go for ISU, as I've heard good things about it, and SPU is a relatively new program. Also, make sure you'd be okay with SPU's religious bent (you've probably already looked into this, but I wanted to mention it). Good luck! :luck:

The amount really depends on the type of offer. A GTA position offers a tuition waver and small stipend but is only offered to one student per year so it's competitive. Otherwise, other compensation usually covers only partial costs at ISU. The school has had some funding problems due to the recession and the gov of Idaho would let the state burn down before raising taxes.

As for SPU, the compensation offered there would only cover partial costs. I did take the religion factor into account but at the graduate level, it's really not an issue. Many grad students there are Jewish, Buddhist, and agnostic. I've really heard good things about both programs and thru ate actually both relatively new. ISU phd program was accredited in 2001 and SPU in 2006. Like I said, it's really an issue of money vs location since I'd rather stay in Seattle bit of course I want to make the best decision for me.

I just made a decision :D, but when I sent an email to my POI telling her that I was accepting her offer, she asked me to send a formal letter of acceptance. Is this just a letter that I type up and attach to an email? Any correct templates? I dont know what else to say that I didnt put in my original email.

I'm new to this! :)

I just made a decision :D, but when I sent an email to my POI telling her that I was accepting her offer, she asked me to send a formal letter of acceptance. Is this just a letter that I type up and attach to an email? Any correct templates? I dont know what else to say that I didnt put in my original email.

I'm new to this! :)

All they are looking for is an email saying "I would like to accept your offer to join ---- program." Include you name and that's it.

All they are looking for is an email saying "I would like to accept your offer to join ---- program." Include you name and that's it.

Sorry...related question.

I told my POI via e-mail that I accepted. Do I need to send in a letter as well or no?

I don't think so, probably depends on the program, but I didn't.
My program had me sign the formal letter of offer they sent me and sent it to their graduate admissions office, so they may want a hard copy in addition to an email.

I'll be attending Washington State Univ's Clinical program in the fall!! :biglove:

sent in declines to fuller and pepperdine so if you were waiting for either you might be getting a call.

i decided to go to IUP (for the $)

Hi guys,

After lurking here for months, and only posting a couple of times, I decided to seek some advice from everyone. I just got off the waitlist at Hofstra and Fairleigh Dickinson for their clinical psych PhD. Does anyone know how these programs compare? I'm having a tough time deciding, and don't really know anyone who goes to either of the schools. FDU has a considerably better financial aid package, but I don't feel comfortable making my decision based on money alone. Any input/advice would be much appreciated (the sooner the better, with Thursday being 2 days away!).

Thanks!

Just accepted an offer from Harvard for their clinical program! Wicked-awesome!!

Received an offer from University of Hawaii for the clinical PhD program via snail mail.

How tempting is that? (For me, very.)

From what little I know of it, it's a very good--and quite research-intensive--program. Sky high cost of living, though, so you may not be able to live on a stipend (unless the university is nice enough to adjust them upward).

I received an email from GWU-PsyD with an admission offer...I was in the middle of the waitlist, so I guess some people decided to go somewhere else.
I declined the offer...so I hope the next one on the waitlist will be happy about the news:) feel free to PM if you have any questions

Received an offer from UPenn (hello, dream school!) without ever receiving an offer to interview... and after accepting elsewhere.

bittersweet much?

Received an offer from UPenn (hello, dream school!) without ever receiving an offer to interview... and after accepting elsewhere.

bittersweet much?

It's not "nice," but you can withdraw your acceptance to the other school tomorrow and accept at UPenn...

Not that that's the smartest decision, either, but it's doable!

hey all!
congrats to everyone!
I am headed to Alliant/CSPP's LA campus this fall.
is anyone on here headed there too, for psyd/phd/masters?
or know of anyone who is?
u can PM me, im interested in finding a roommate :)

Received an offer today via snail-mail (dated 4/20) from a school at which I took myself off the waitlist a month and a half ago.

Good to know, but so much for trying not to hold up offers for other applicants. :confused:

Accepted to Widener

Hi Psybaum! I was hoping you could share some info on how you like Widener and how your application process went. I'm planning on applying there for next year and wanted an idea of where i'm falling in the applicant pool. I dont need numbers but an idea of GPA, GRE that are common in the accepted class would be much appreciated!!!

PGSP-Stanford (off waitlist)!!!!:banana::soexcited::highfive::claps:

Congrats psyvagabond!!! Im interested in applying to PGSP and was hoping you could share some info about your application process. Are you going straight from undergrad? Ballpark of your GPA and GRE scores. Anything else that you feel helped you get in? I really appreciate all the info and once again CONGRATS!!