The Lounge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sunny123 said:
There are very few species of snakes up here in Canada (due to the varied climate conditions). We spent our time studying the physiology and unique characteristics of various species of lizards, frogs, salamanders, and snakes. Snakes don't have ears, so no lessons were handed out to us in order to play the instrument ;) .
But they can feel the vibration from ur recorder no?

Members don't see this ad.

data said:
But they can feel the vibration from ur recorder no?
recorder? they don't produce sound waves strong enough to induce a response to vibration.

sunny123 said:
recorder? they don't produce sound waves strong enough to induce a response to vibration.
You don't know how to blow hard enough into it. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
sunny123 said:
it's all about the pitch!!!!!!!
This baseball analogy is getting too weird for me. :p

How about bears in Canada? Sunny, ever come across one??

I am talking about the real animals not hairy men who like one :laugh:

Premedtomed said:
How about bears in Canada? Sunny, ever come across one??

I am talking about the real animals not hairy men who like one :laugh:
Yeah i go camping every year. encountered a bear three times. remind you they are fast i mean they can run as fast as a lion for miles. Scary guys thank god my uncles friend had a gun with him. We banged garbage cans to scare it away.

life is a dumb bollywood movie where the hero never gets the girl. :mad:

hello!
what do indians in general think about marriage w/ a chapta? is that taboo? do indian parents prefer chapta spouses more than white ones? it's rare seeing indians dating their cousins from the far east, that's why i'm curious. pls help out, thanks!

Halitosis said:
hello!
what do indians in general think about marriage w/ a chapta? is that taboo? do indian parents prefer chapta spouses more than white ones? it's rare seeing indians dating their cousins from the far east, that's why i'm curious. pls help out, thanks!

it is not rare dude

Premedtomed said:
it is not rare dude

really? maybe youre from california, but it's rare where i'm from. actually, i should have said: it's RARER to see a chapta holding hands w/ an indian as compared to other non-indian holding hands w/ an indian.

wtf is a "chapta"?? i've never heard that term in my life.

Members don't see this ad :)
Halitosis said:
really? maybe youre from california, but it's rare where i'm from. actually, i should have said: it's RARER to see a chapta holding hands w/ an indian as compared to other non-indian holding hands w/ an indian.

Naah I am not from KY :(

But I know of two people marrying chaptas :laugh:

An Indian guy marrying and chapta chick and an Indian girl marrying a chapta guy

Premedtomed said:
Naah I am not from KY :(

But I know of two people marrying chaptas :laugh:

An Indian guy marrying and chapta chick and an Indian girl marrying a chapta guy

nice, i wonder what their babies will look like. manipuris?

so, were their parents reluctant at first, with the cultural diff and all?

Halitosis said:

Naah doctors all of them - so I guess their parents didn't care.

Also, a lot of them are familiar with Indian stuff. I have a Korean friend, a guy,
going to medical school and he knows a lot about Indian food. His other friend, my room mate for medical school, is Indian.

hey, hali..!where do u hail from...?manipur, assam,tripura,meghalaya,sikkim,north bengal/any part of the eastern indian states?well,just curious to know!
Halitosis said:

prady said:
hey, hali..!where do u hail from...?manipur, assam,tripura,meghalaya,sikkim,north bengal/any part of the eastern indian states?well,just curious to know!

HA! i'm from taiwan!

but i did take hindi for a year and am trying me best to learn abt indian stuff!

AL EAST REPRESENT :cool:

Halitosis said:
HA! i'm from taiwan!

but i did take hindi for a year and am trying me best to learn abt indian stuff!

I made a friend from Taiwan ( I mean born and bred here but of Taiwanese origin) a few weeks back outside a club/bar.

He's a cool guy. Not in medicine but Finance

prady said:
haha!cool!all the best!
Does everyone here believe in reincarnation?

Premedtomed said:
Datashwar, I believe in existentialism

As you sow so shall you reap
Interesting was it always this way?

data said:
Interesting was it always this way?

Naah after I posted the thread on Bengalis :laugh: :laugh:

Actually I am reading Bhagavad Gita right now. It is very interesting, reading partly because I wish to get better a understanding Sanskrit. Also, I have never read it before.
So I 'll answer your question more specifically afterwards.
BTW I am not religious.

As you sow so shall you reap.

Read my sig. ! that should explain it all.

Premedtomed said:

Actually I am reading Bhagavad Gita right now. It is very interesting, reading partly because I wish to get better a understanding Sanskrit. Also, I have never read it before.
BTW I am not religious.

The Bhagavad Gita is really good!! (I had read the english version, obvs).
Okay. That's all for now.

:laugh:
Premedtomed said:

BTW I am not religious.

few lines from our sacred gita.......
yaada yaada ridharmasa
glaani bhavati bhharata
abhuthama adharmasa
taadatmanam sriham neham
paritrai naam sadhoonam
vinas chayaayachatushkrita
dharmasangsthapanathaya
sambhawani yuge yuge.....
i translated from the hindi/sanskrit version...!there may b some mistakes!pardom me,if 'm wrong!plz. rectify,if possible!
saffronrain said:
The Bhagavad Gita is really good!! (I had read the english version, obvs).
Okay. That's all for now.

The secret to Tintin’s eternal youth has been discovered!Apparently, the repeated blows he took on his head (50 times to be precise)resulted in a subsequent hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism…along with an acquired growth hormone deficiency …that’s what the Canadian Medical Journal has to say in this year’s Christmas Edition. A meticulous search was done by the Author(and his two children)who diligently noted the number of times the young reporter was bonked on his head(with the trauma scale being the number of stars,bells and assorted objects seen by the subject and as documented on the cartoon strip following the injury)!Unfortunately,no brain imaging was done…the author laments in conclusion… :scared:

prady said:
few lines from our sacred gita.......
yaada yaada ridharmasa
glaani bhavati bhharata
abhuthama adharmasa
taadatmanam sriham neham
paritrai naam sadhoonam
vinas chayaayachatushkrita
dharmasangsthapanathaya
sambhawani yuge yuge.....
i translated from the hindi/sanskrit version...!there may b some mistakes!pardom me,if 'm wrong!plz. rectify,if possible!
:thumbup:
minor mistakes.... :cool:
yadaa yadaa hi dharmasya,
glaanirbhavati bhaarat
abhyuthaanam adharmasya,
tadaatmaanam shrujaamyaham
paritraanaay saadhunaam,
vinashaayacha dushkrutam
dharma sansthapanarthaay,
sambhavaami yuge yuge

I hope its right... :)

desikudi said:
glaanirbhavati bhaarat
abhyuthaanam adharmasya,
paritraanaay saadhunaam,
vinashaayacha dushkrutam
sambhavaami yuge yuge

Why are we singing the theme song of the Mahabharat? ;)

desikudi said:
glaanirbhavati bhaarat
abhyuthaanam adharmasya,
paritraanaay saadhunaam,
vinashaayacha dushkrutam
sambhavaami yuge yuge

data said:
Does everyone here believe in reincarnation?
what were you in your previous janama???

hopeful05 said:
NO NO NO
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My ex believed very staunchly that I was his wife in last janama.......I guess one janan of togetherness was enough for both of us.......

sunny123 said:
Why are we singing the theme song of the Mahabharat? ;)
I love it......though I am not a hindu..( Irony.......my name is epitome of hinduism).......I feel Bhagvad Gita is the best poetry and life story written ever.....

meetlife said:
I love it......though I am not a hindu..( Irony.......my name is epitome of hinduism).......I feel Bhagvad Gita is the best poetry and life story written ever.....
Best life story ever written is pride and prejudice.

thank u 4 the corrections!
desikudi said:
glaanirbhavati bhaarat
abhyuthaanam adharmasya,
paritraanaay saadhunaam,
vinashaayacha dushkrutam
sambhavaami yuge yuge

I'm watching this nicholas movie called bring back the dead...or is it bringing back the dead. I don't get what this movie is about. Somebody help me understand this nonsense. DUMB SPACE CHANNEL!

prady said:
do u know what these lines mean?
I have no idea what they mean, but I love to chant them out in the swimming pool corriders. The echo makes it feel as if I got some divine voice.

Sunny, my friend got Godfather I, II, III, and The last samurai, and Gone in 60secs for 30 bucks...and it came with cases. GOTTA LOVE THE CHINESE. I Still can't find Band of brothers. I need to get that set. But you are right the prices did go up before it was 8 for 30(w/o case)