The Lounge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that sucks... its so competitive....but I'd want the brilliant people to treat my relatives...or me...not people who got in by cheating....
What's even worse is the people who take the test for them.... :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

CoronaLight said:
Anyway, I had some questions that weren't worthy of a new thread. My family is from A.P. so you might get an understanding of why I am naive about this stuff.
1. What is a jat singh?
2. what is a sindhi?
3. What is a sardarni?
if any of these terms are negative - i apologize in advance

1. What is a jat singh?
Well sikhs (those who follow the religion sikhism; also called punjabi's) are kind of subdivided further as Bhapas and Jat-sikhs. Jat sikhs nowdays will generally cut their hair ( uncut hair is a religious thing for sikhs; but jat-sikhs are relatively liberal)
Also all jats or punjabi's are not "singh", it is a surname. I think it was a 'title' conferred in older times as singh means tiger ...

3. What is a sardarni?
A sikh may also called sardar (M)...and sardarni (F)

Can you say D-O-N-E?!?!?!?! Cause I am, with university. Last exam, and the pressure is off (for the moment). :cool:

Time to start working :p

Members don't see this ad :)
all d best sunny boy!itz party tlme!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
sunny123 said:
Can you say D-O-N-E?!?!?!?! Cause I am, with university. Last exam, and the pressure is off (for the moment). :cool:

Time to start working :p

Yeah...thats good news.....time to CELEBRATE.... :clap:

guys
I don't know about others but I find this story hilarious
woman gets convicted for raping a man!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

nimeshshingala said:
guys
I don't know about others but I find this story hilarious
woman gets convicted for raping a man!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
and did you notice she's like 8 years younger than him. i doubt she "raped" him "while he was sleeping" (???) :laugh:

rxgal8 said:
and did you notice she's like 8 years younger than him. i doubt she "raped" him "while he was sleeping" (???) :laugh:

true,how can he be asleep while getting raped :laugh: :laugh:
by this context, I think Bill Clinton should have accused Monica Lewinsky of raping him :laugh: :laugh:

nimeshshingala said:
true,how can he be asleep while getting raped :laugh: :laugh:
by this context, I think Bill Clinton should have accused Monica Lewinsky of raping him :laugh: :laugh:
exactly....hahaha :laugh:

hopeful05 said:
Yeah...thats good news.....time to CELEBRATE.... :clap:
Yeah... I celebrated by sleeping in all day, getting aorund to fixing my computer, and I went to another forest with my parents to take a long walk. I took some pics, that I'll post up soon.

The celebration will be coming this weekend ;) .

sunny123 said:
Yeah... I celebrated by sleeping in all day, getting aorund to fixing my computer, and I went to another forest with my parents to take a long walk. I took some pics, that I'll post up soon.

Hey sleep is good :thumbup:
:) ...have lots of fun...and get us the pics soon......

Members don't see this ad :)
b-e-a-u-tiful!what a way 2 spend a day! ;) happy sleeping,happy fixing....,happy walking....& keep the pics coming!!! :laugh:
sunny123 said:

sleeping is fun. it's one of my hobbies. :)
i went to The Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC today... actually left The Bubble and ventured out into the wide wide world. Of art. It was so awesome... maybe...maybe I'll post some pics. They yelled at me a few times b/c the flash kept going off during each picture...and the flash ruins the artwork. Oops. :oops:
Anyone like art??? They had sitars, tablas, Ganeshas, Shivas, Vishnus all on display in a few sections. >>sigh<< Their place is in a temple. Not a museum.. but whatever... I digress.. yeah. sleeping is cool. :D

hi swetha, keep the pic. coming!
saffronrain said:
i went to The Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC today... actually left The Bubble and ventured out into the wide wide world. Of art. It was so awesome... maybe...maybe I'll post some pics. They yelled at me a few times b/c the flash kept going off during each picture...and the flash ruins the artwork. Oops. :oops:
Anyone like art??? They had sitars, tablas, Ganeshas, Shivas, Vishnus all on display in a few sections. >>sigh<< Their place is in a temple. Not a museum.. but whatever... I digress.. yeah. sleeping is cool. :D

I celebrated by drinking :laugh:
and then driving to another place and drinking more :laugh:

No luck with g/f still :(

saffronrain said:

i la-ha-hav (thats love) museums.... and i sure wud love to be stranded on an island full of museums... they are amazing because you can put together the works of brilliant artists and such diff styles -- all under the same roof
so any pics wud be much appreciated...
I agree though- sometimes indian religious symbols and figurines are used incorrectly-- not intentionally maybe-- but its worse when people think its "cool" without knowing what its all really about.....
but then in a way it makes people aware of our culture when you put these in a museum...but when they put the symbols on T-shirts with no sence of the meaning---that is not cool!

^ yep, the whole use of Indian/Hindu symbols on t-shirts gets me, cause it is all misused. I also get irked by people that pronounce the word chakra, as "shaakrah". :shudder: :laugh:

As for the museums Swetha, I enjoy them a lot. Have you seen any Norman Rockwell paintings? They are an adventure just looking at them. Picasso is really a master at his technique at painting. Monet takes some getting used to (at least for me).

However, if the museum is trying to show Indian artwork from a certain era, then I got no probs with that. In fact, that is probably the only way anyone can see some really old pieces.

hopeful05 said:
This is where I want to be ;)
SP-215.jpg
hey hopeful, is this a picture of Ambergris Caye - part of Belize??
Where ever it is... it's beautiful :)

yeah in reply to what sunny and hopeful said- museums are awesome. :thumbup:
and yes, i hate it when people walk around w/ shirts, sandals, bags, etc that have the "om" symbol on it or various hindu dieties. i get so angry. there are a handful who know the significance of such things, but most of them have no idea. i'm sure japanese/chinese (east-asians) ppl also get annoyed when seeing things like the yin-yang being displayed on stupid things like bags.. idiots. trying to americanize all that. sorry just frustrated. :mad:
norman rockwell- i'll be honest, haven't really paid much attention to his works. i love salvador dali and max ernst b/c they've got SUCH an abstract way of looking at life, that you get perplexed looking at their artwork and just wonder what exactly is going on in their minds. it's pretty sweet. surrealism- love it. :D picasso is awesome too, i love is abstractness (yeah i just made up a word). monet- i've always loved his works. i tried to replicate one of his pieces and it actually turned out pretty good! i was surprised,
although it took me about the entire semester of that one art class to finish it. ugh. right now i'm working on a painting of Ganesha.. it's so hard!!!
i went to the met yesterday w/ my friend, and when we entered the south asian art section, she was like..wow some of this is...weird.. so i'm there thinking, um...no..not really... i think you need an honest sense of appreciation for the world and what it has to offer, if you want to appreciate art for what it is.
later kids, i'm gonna bum around. :)

lata said:
hey hopeful, is this a picture of Ambergris Caye - part of Belize??
Where ever it is... it's beautiful :)

prady said:
it is breathtaking!

Yea i thought it was gorgeous....
as for where is it? Lata..i have no idea....but i'd sure love to be there... :)

ya hopeful,wherever it is, we should visit that place,atleast once!what do u say? ;)
hopeful05 said:
Yea i thought it was gorgeous....
as for where is it? Lata..i have no idea....but i'd sure love to be there... :)

i swear, this is turning out to be like shaadi.com. i think? i've never visited that site and don't plan on it. are all the guys trying to find a "suitable girl"? :p

saffronrain said:
i swear, this is turning out to be like shaadi.com. i think? i've never visited that site and don't plan on it. are all the guys trying to find a "suitable girl"? :p

you took these words out of my mouth...and u r right
but i think they r just kidding....

prady said:
ya hopeful,wherever it is, we should visit that place,atleast once!what do u say? ;)

i think a place that romantic...i wud save for a trip with someone special... :laugh:

:laugh: hahahahhaaaaaaa!!! :laugh:guyz check this out!
saffronrain said:

hey sunny, just wanted to ask if u've been to st. maarten? i was there for a long weekend break and boy did i have fun! stayed at a hotel that was close to the airport - so we could watch the people on the beach get blown into the ocean whenever the planes took off!!! it was sooo funny... people kept going back there - i guess to see if they could withstand the back wash from the planes taking off....

alright ppl... keep on with the shaadi.com mini thread ....

just some pics from st.kitts and nevis..
marriot3.jpg

marriot2.jpg

beach5.jpg

beach.jpg

itz good!
lata said:
hey sunny, just wanted to ask if u've been to st. maarten? i was there for a long weekend break and boy did i have fun! stayed at a hotel that was close to the airport - so we could watch the people on the beach get blown into the ocean whenever the planes took off!!! it was sooo funny... people kept going back there - i guess to see if they could withstand the back wash from the planes taking off....

marriot3.jpg

marriot2.jpg

beach5.jpg

beach.jpg

prady said:
hey hopeful,who is that 'someone special'?anybody in mind? ;)

maybe..maybe not ;) :p
who knows whos heading my way in future?

lata said:

marriot3.jpg

marriot2.jpg

beach5.jpg

beach.jpg
Nope Ms. Lata, I haven't been. But I hope to be going there soon. As for that whole plane thing, one of my friends told me how people grab hold on to the fences at the airport, while the planes take off. The force of the takeoff is sooo strong, that people really gotta hold on tight to that fence, or else they get blown away.

I'll post my experiences when it happens :laugh: .

Awesome pics, Lata. Make me wanna just pack my bags and fly there...hehe

hopeful05 said:
maybe..maybe not ;) :p
who knows whos heading my way in future?
heyyyy tina,
speaking of the future, did you end up deciding on penn or ny for pharm school?

nimeshshingala said:
hey
they were inspired by my movie,"Cabbie Doc MD", they just changed it to "Gangster MD",
I should Demand some kind of compensation from Fox Movies and Meera Nair for stealing my idea :mad: :mad:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

hahaha!!! :laugh: :laugh:
nimeshshingala said:
hey
they were inspired by my movie,"Cabbie Doc MD", they just changed it to "Gangster MD",
I should Demand some kind of compensation from Fox Movies and Meera Nair for stealing my idea :mad: :mad:

nimeshshingala said:
hey
DOn't worry, Meera lives in Toronto, so I'll pay her a visit and tell her to change her script to something like "Ricksha-walla MD".

hey is meera nair the one who produced 'monsoon wedding'?? that sucked. :thumbdown:

prady said:
awwww.....come on !dont b so har****he movie was'nt thaaaaaaaaaat baaad! :laugh:

oh please. admit it. it was terrible.

plus the actors weren't too pleasing to the eye.

I thought it was a good movie. And for the actors only the australian guy was kinda cute...the rest were :thumbdown: esp the fat brother...omgg (i think he was the director's nephew or something) :p