Texas Tech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think he just meant that since next week is spring break everyone (faculty included) will be getting wasted this weekend.

yes, that

Members don't see this ad.

Question about laptops and what not. I was looking around on the Tech website and found something called Microsoft Campus Agreement where you can download Microsoft programs. Does that mean I can download Microsoft Office 2007 and not have to buy it along with a new laptop?

For you guys who have been to interviews in recent weeks. Have all the guys been wearing jackets. Because the weather has been so warm lately I was wondering if I could skip the jacket. What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad :)
For you guys who have been to interviews in recent weeks. Have all the guys been wearing jackets. Because the weather has been so warm lately I was wondering if I could skip the jacket. What do you all think?

I follow your thinking, but I'd wear it, and if you get too warm take it off. But having the option to look your best is a good one

That sounds logical. I guess sometimes you need to hear somebody else say it :=) Thanks!

When I got my laptop I did not have Microsoft office on it. I downloaded it from Texas Tech's website. If it is free with your computer though you might as well get it. They also have different antivirus software, but most computers come with something.

Question about laptops and what not. I was looking around on the Tech website and found something called Microsoft Campus Agreement where you can download Microsoft programs. Does that mean I can download Microsoft Office 2007 and not have to buy it along with a new laptop?

windows vista business and microsoft office 2007 are not currently available for free download (XP pro and office 2003 are though). by the time yall start in the fall, I imagine they'll have those available (or maybe not since vista is garbage). :clap:

they make you fashion your own boots out of the hides of people who failed biochem.

not really, for us it was 8 days (4 days x 2) of pretend learning while professionally dressed. it was sort of a crash course in getting to know each other and what was expected of us. don't worry, they don't hover over you after the first two weeks...although they might for you because of us
+pity+

hello, i was wondering if anyone knows when the committe is meeting next? and has rejection letters been mailed out for those who were interviewed in march? Thanks.

How dressy is professional dress? Business casual? Also, how was the white coat ceremony? I know you can have family and friends there but is it worth it to ask my family to drive 6 hours to this?

they make you fashion your own boots out of the hides of people who failed biochem.

not really, for us it was 8 days (4 days x 2) of pretend learning while professionally dressed. it was sort of a crash course in getting to know each other and what was expected of us. don't worry, they don't hover over you after the first two weeks...although they might for you because of us
+pity+

How dressy is professional dress? Business casual? Also, how was the white coat ceremony? I know you can have family and friends there but is it worth it to ask my family to drive 6 hours to this?

For bootcamp, the first day is more like business formal, because it's picture day (guys wear a tie etc.), the rest of the two weeks is like, polo and khakis, and the equivalent for women. The white coat ceremony is worth it for some, but I would leave it up to them. It's nothing exciting for some, but I thought my mom was gonna have a break down she was so happy/proud... etc.

hello, i was wondering if anyone knows when the committe is meeting next? and has rejection letters been mailed out for those who were interviewed in march? Thanks.

I don't know any students that are knowledgable about the inner workings of acceptance/rejection. All I can say is have a beer (or soda) and twiddle your thumbs calmly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully not too off topic, but I'm hoping to go to TTU in Fall 2008. I've read on here that several of the students who got accepted are getting their shots. What shots do we have to take prior to school?

The only thing I saw on line said I would need a tuberculosis test, and measles-mumps-rubella immunization. The MMR I had when I was a child. Would I need to retake that? (I'm 37 years old!!) Are there other immunizations that are required?

Thanks!
------------------------------------------
"After all is said and done, usually more is said than done."

MMR is a once in a lifetime shot, it is 2 doses. Besides MMR and TB test you need Hep B, Tetanus, and Varicella (Chicken Pox) or documentation of disease which is basically signing a form to say "I have had it." I think that is all.

Hello. I interviewed on 3/19.

We, who interviewed on that day, were told by a school official a few things about the consideration process.

Those who interviewed for regular admission before the 19th would be considered by the last week of March. Those who interviewed from the 19th thru the 26th would be considered by the second week of April. I am not sure when the April 13th interviewees would be considered.

All first offer of acceptance letters should be mailed out by May 15th. All letters of rejection will have been mailed by the end of July.

The official said that there have been and still could be an occasion of a student who holds onto a letter of acceptance without notifying the school until the week before start of the program. This is why letters of rejection will be mailed out until the end of July.

Good luck as I wai myself.

:thumbup:

I interviewed in mid February and during the interview process they told us how important it was to get our Hepatitis B shots. You should have received a sheet of paper from Sharon that list the required shots. The paper stresses you to get started on the Hep B shots within two weeks after your interview because it is a series of three shots with the third one being approx 4-6 months after your first shot.

Congrats on your acceptance! Do you have any family or will it just be you that is moving to Amarillo? I've got young ones so it's real important that I live in an area with a good elementary school. From what I've researched, Puckett and Sleepy Hollow Elementary have a great reputation. I took a trip to Amarillo a few weeks ago and I think I've narrowed down the apartments I want to stay at that are in the two school districts. It's either between Newport, Dove Park or Wind Tree apartment. Anyone else know of any good elementary schools that is not too far from Texas Tech and if these apartments are any good?

Hopefully not too off topic, but I'm hoping to go to TTU in Fall 2008. I've read on here that several of the students who got accepted are getting their shots. What shots do we have to take prior to school?

The only thing I saw on line said I would need a tuberculosis test, and measles-mumps-rubella immunization. The MMR I had when I was a child. Would I need to retake that? (I'm 37 years old!!) Are there other immunizations that are required?

Thanks!
------------------------------------------
"After all is said and done, usually more is said than done."

hey guys, two questions:
1. are there are any furnished apartments in amarillo?
2. for FAFSA, are tech students considered Graduate/Professional or Undergraduate?

thanks!

pharmcat said:
I interviewed in mid February and during the interview process they told us how important it was to get our Hepatitis B shots. You should have received a sheet of paper from Sharon that list the required shots. The paper stresses you to get started on the Hep B shots within two weeks after your interview because it is a series of three shots with the third one being approx 4-6 months after your first shot.

do whatever she says, it's a pain when you have to go out of your way to fix your immunization record. :(

pharmcatmeowmeowmeow said:
It's either between Newport, Dove Park or Wind Tree apartment. Anyone else know of any good elementary schools that is not too far from Texas Tech and if these apartments are any good?

I know several people in Newport and Dove Park and they don't say it blows. I think Newport is newer (you probably know that much) if that sways you at all.

hey guys, two questions:
1. are there are any furnished apartments in amarillo?

i just googled for any, and there are a few. However, I haven't even heard of most or all of them and so I couldn't recommend or warn you about them.

here are the 2 i found:
http://www.oakwood.com/corporate-apartments/US/TX/Amarillo.html
http://www.rentnet.com/apartments/fyp/search/brochure/brochure.jhtml?pid=420716&cPointer= (furnished available)

you could also find rent houses, etc. locally if you had a newspaper, but this will be a good headstart.

I just found out I got accepted to Tech for Pharmacy School! Anywayz do ya'll know how long I have to either accept or reject the offer? Thanks.

I just found out I got accepted to Tech for Pharmacy School! Anywayz do ya'll know how long I have to either accept or reject the offer? Thanks.

Congrats!
I was wondering when your interview was and did you see your acceptance on the application status first online?
thanks

Hello. I interviewed on 3/19.

We, who interviewed on that day, were told by a school official a few things about the consideration process.

Those who interviewed for regular admission before the 19th would be considered by the last week of March. Those who interviewed from the 19th thru the 26th would be considered by the second week of April. I am not sure when the April 13th interviewees would be considered.

All first offer of acceptance letters should be mailed out by May 15th. All letters of rejection will have been mailed by the end of July.

The official said that there have been and still could be an occasion of a student who holds onto a letter of acceptance without notifying the school until the week before start of the program. This is why letters of rejection will be mailed out until the end of July.

Good luck as I wai myself.

:thumbup:

Thanks for the info. By May....
if not chances are low.

Congrats!
I was wondering when your interview was and did you see your acceptance on the application status first online?
thanks

I interviewed on the 23rd of March and found out this morning when I checked the status online. GL

I interviewed on the 23rd of March and found out this morning when I checked the status online. GL

Have you got all your immunization: Hep B, Tetanus, MMR, Varicella, Titer and sent the form back to them before they sent you the acceptance letter?

Because I was interviewed on March 26th, but I forgot to send them my immunization form and I'm doing all the shots tomorrow even though today is the 14th day after my interview. You think it will lower my chance to get accepted?

I did get an email stating that I should get all my shots ready if i am serious about Texas Tech. Do they send this email to every interviewee or just to those who are accepted? Does anybody know about this? Thanks a lot. Sorry for the long message.

Have you got all your immunization: Hep B, Tetanus, MMR, Varicella, Titer and sent the form back to them before they sent you the acceptance letter?

Because I was interviewed on March 26th, but I forgot to send them my immunization form and I'm doing all the shots tomorrow even though today is the 14th day after my interview. You think it will lower my chance to get accepted?

I did get an email stating that I should get all my shots ready if i am serious about Texas Tech. Do they send this email to every interviewee or just to those who are accepted? Does anybody know about this? Thanks a lot. Sorry for the long message.

they send it to pretty much every applicant that isn't up on the required shots

Hello. I just received notification online of my acceptance into TTUSOP.

WHEW !

Does anyone know about when to expect the formal letter to respond with the deposit guarantee?

:luck:

Congrat Lateralus 1441 :luck:;I'm so happy for you. I'm in your boat in the sense that my school here in Texas does not have a pharmacy school,which means I'm kinda at a disadvantage but anyways, I see the way your emotion's been up and down regarding your status in UT and all that:confused:.I really feel your pain. Anyways, this is over now and you can be rest assured that you're going to pharmacy school this fall:cool:. My question to you though is, if you get accepted to UT and they pull you off of the "tabled application " in Houston what would you do.

Once again,congrat and stay blessed.

Hello. I just received notification online of my acceptance into TTUSOP.

WHEW !

Does anyone know about when to expect the formal letter to respond with the deposit guarantee?

:luck:

Congratssss! I am still waiting...

Congrat Lateralus 1441 :luck:;I'm so happy for you. I'm in your boat in the sense that my school here in Texas does not have a pharmacy school,which means I'm kinda at a disadvantage but anyways, I see the way your emotion's been up and down regarding your status in UT and all that:confused:.I really feel your pain. Anyways, this is over now and you can be rest assured that you're going to pharmacy school this fall:cool:. My question to you though is, if you get accepted to UT and they pull you off of the "tabled application " in Houston what would you do.

Once again,congrat and stay blessed.

I found out yesterday that I got into UT-Austin so I plan to pass on my acceptance at Tech. My gf is gunna be at Baylor for another year so I wanna be able to stay close to her and my family which is another reason I'm gunna go to UT. Thank you for your comments by the way trackster. I feel that SDN is one of the main reasons I'm even here talking about acceptance into pharmacy school and I feel blessed for having found this site. GL to all and God bless.

Lat

we won't hold it against you. UT is a fairly competent pharmacy school. :p

Still waiting, though my status was updated from "Review Interview Dates" to "Interviewed" today. :scared:

Current TT SOP students, what is the Personal Test Number? It is just what it means, your ID# when taking tests? Do they use my PTN to keep track of my logic test and essay?

Thanks!

During the interviews on Friday the 13th, we were told to expect something in approx. 2 wks.

Current TT SOP students, what is the Personal Test Number? It is just what it means, your ID# when taking tests? Do they use my PTN to keep track of my logic test and essay?

the personal test number is supposed to be used to identify you when you take an exam (to keep ringers out). We VERY rarely use it because it changes and I think the professors think its a pain to keep up with.

This could change next semester, but that's what we're dealin with here.

Unrelated to current topics... has anyone bought their laptop yet? I tried ordering mine back in March, never got it from Dell... A few generic e-mail exchanges later, I ended up just calling.

Found out that they were tripping up on the fact that the laptop was being shipped to the school (default on the on-line order form, you can't change it), which of course did not match up with my billing address =). I ended up having to order the laptop over the phone, which was just as easy, but just wanted to pass that experience along to anyone looking to order their's soon.

To current students whom purchased their laptops last year: If you bought it directly from Dell, did you have to still mail it off to the IT staff? When I got the machine, I noticed it already has the Bluesocket wireless network and the SecureExam software pre-installed from the factory....?

Unrelated to current topics... has anyone bought their laptop yet? I tried ordering mine back in March, never got it from Dell... A few generic e-mail exchanges later, I ended up just calling.

Found out that they were tripping up on the fact that the laptop was being shipped to the school (default on the on-line order form, you can't change it), which of course did not match up with my billing address =). I ended up having to order the laptop over the phone, which was just as easy, but just wanted to pass that experience along to anyone looking to order their's soon.

To current students whom purchased their laptops last year: If you bought it directly from Dell, did you have to still mail it off to the IT staff? When I got the machine, I noticed it already has the Bluesocket wireless network and the SecureExam software pre-installed from the factory....?

Hello. The school's IT dept. dudes told us on interview day that DELL would ship the computer to them and they would have it ready for us by the beginning of BOOT Camp.

Hope this helps.

:hardy:

I just checked my account status online and..."Offer Extended"!!!!!!

WOOOOO!!!

:banana:

Congratulations jg12! Hope to see you in Amarillo this fall.

Thanks!! I'm so excited.:thumbup:

I just found out I have also been accepted. Yeah!!!!!!!!
My question is should I accept on line or wait for the offer through the mail.

Does anyone know if there will be any meetings in the summer?

When will you guys be moving to Amarillo?

As far as I know we don't have to be there until the White Coat Ceremony August 5th. I plan on moving either July or August. I still need to go look at apartments, bah.