Texas Tech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbishop

Texas Tech 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone applying to (hopefully finished by now) or interviewing at Texas Tech? since we're so awesome, i figured we should have our own thread.

if you have any questions for an interviewer, this would be a great place to ask! :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

indeed we are awesome
mooninites.jpg

questions?

Ya, we need some questions. We need something to entertain us in class :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I interviewed at Tech on 2/2. The school was great and I would love to go there. I hope to hear some good news in a couple weeks! :)

you know I asked questions about the college before.

I am happy there are few people making comments, less competition.

by the way what is the weather like there at the moment. Given it is going to feel cold coming from 80 degrees but just curious how much I will freeze.

When I was there, it was snowing, which they said was uncommon. Hopefully, it will be better weather for you, it was hard to scrape the snow off the car at 6:30 in the morning. Good luck on your interview.

When I was there, it was snowing, which they said was uncommon. Hopefully, it will be better weather for you, it was hard to scrape the snow off the car at 6:30 in the morning. Good luck on your interview.

Thanks I hope the best for you too :) How did you feel it was?

oh and I know the feeling of the snow and ice that is why I relocated from New York to Arizona :)

It was a pretty long day, by far the longest interview process I have been on. They do offer plenty of useful information, and everyone there is really nice. It is not very stressful, make sure you get some rest and eat properly the morning of.

It was a pretty long day, by far the longest interview process I have been on. They do offer plenty of useful information, and everyone there is really nice. It is not very stressful, make sure you get some rest and eat properly the morning of.

If you remember the Q&A, which seemed like a bit of a trainwreck from my perspective, I was Tim, the guy in the back of the room that a couple of questions were directed towards.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the school, and yeah, we've had a pretty cold and snowy winter, which the locals claim is uncommon. Anyway, good luck with everything, if you have any questions let me know

it's always this cold, but usually not this snowy. (We've had ~20" this winter)

i'm from DFW and i haven't switched from my three season tires just in case you're wondering. you just need someone to give you a ride!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi evry1

How long after you've complete your application did it take to get your interview offer at TTech?

I'm so anxious.

Thank you!

Hi evry1

How long after you've complete your application did it take to get your interview offer at TTech?

I'm so anxious.

Thank you!

Approximately two weeks afterwards. They send it in the mail but you can check on your application online for a status change. I do not know though if they have started to go over regular admissions yet or not.

Right now TTU is interviewing those who submitted during early admissions. (Submitted by January 8th.) They probably haven't sent out interview notices for regular admission yet. Regular admission has until March 1st to submit applications. If you get an interview it will be posted online where you submitted your application. Good luck!

i hope those that interviewed today (monday 2-12) had a fun day.

ttu is the suck!:smuggrin:

ITT has a pharmacy school? awesome, is that at the same pharmacy where they let aggies work?

:thumbup: you spelled "Aggies" correctly! :thumbup:

And there is a good chance your future boss will be an Aggie...:smuggrin:

Your aggies. They'll have to wait outside. We don't want them here.

cgwuher.jpg

awww....c'mon...

where is the love..:love:

I like my techie druggists...they work so hard for me...:D

where do you work, out of curiosity? and where specifically in "dallas", dallas often refers to one of 50 different cities

I'm a DOP for a 300 bed for profit hospital near Dallas. Our staff consist of pharmacists from all over the US. I do not discrminate between pharmacists...because of their school. We all have mutual respect for each other..and I love my TTU pharmacists dearly.. because they are good people and good to work with.

I just popped in to give you guys a little ribbing..because we're playing at the Reed tomorrow night. And it was you guys who gave us the only conference loss...and of course Leach and co seem to get the best of us.

glad to hear we're not gonna suck when we get out, school's f'n hard, so it better be worth it (they keep telling us we're gonna be good)

I gotta be honest, I don't follow basketball hardly at all, but aggs are pretty good these days, and it's been nice not to have lost to you's guys yet

if you feel that RX school is hard, then shift your paradigm... instead of studying to do well in the exams... start studying because you have an ernest desire to completely learn and know the material...

Gotta love my Tech Pharmacist...I remember him running around the ICU with the thick copy of DiPiro telling me about acidosis and the TPN formulation..:smuggrin: I was like...dood..better you than me..

I don't think it's difficult, per se, I just think there's a TON of material to cover in a short amount of time. I just need to manage time better, but I'm a master of procrastination. We'll see how this week's 3 tests go, study study busy bee!

Big thanks to Jbuprepharm and mbishop! You guys were right, the interview process was not stressful. The day really flew by because there was so much to take in. Tech has an impressive facility but what really stood out was the fact that everyone was so nice (that, and the "work-out" facility! lol):laugh:

I just popped in to give you guys a little ribbing..because we're playing at the Reed tomorrow night. And it was you guys who gave us the only conference loss...and of course Leach and co seem to get the best of us.

how'd that work out? ;)

Big thanks to Jbuprepharm and mbishop! You guys were right, the interview process was not stressful. The day really flew by because there was so much to take in. Tech has an impressive facility but what really stood out was the fact that everyone was so nice (that, and the "work-out" facility! lol):laugh:

glad everything went well. let us know when you find out :luck:

btw, who were your faculty for the group interview, if you remember?

Hello everyone, just wanted to pop in this thread to let you know I'll be going to Tech on 2-23 for an interview. Whilst I know the process will be a long one, I was wondering if you had any advice?

Hola! I am interviewing that day too hopefully.
Get good sleep, and know why you want to be a pharmacist! Hehe :p

glad everything went well. let us know when you find out :luck:

btw, who were your faculty for the group interview, if you remember?

I don't remember their names but it was two ladies. Will definetely let you know when I hear something. I know I'll be rushing home to check the mail everyday until then!

Hello everyone, just wanted to pop in this thread to let you know I'll be going to Tech on 2-23 for an interview. Whilst I know the process will be a long one, I was wondering if you had any advice?

i are also interviewing on the 23rd. be prepared for windiness (it shouldn't be too cold).

congrats on interviewing on the cool day :clap:

Hey guys and gals,

I interviewed on 2-2-2007 @ Tech as well (Absolutely loved it, so I hope I get in!). At the end of the day, during the "wrap-up" session, I remember Mr. Schwettmann mentioning that the first early admissions offers (specifically for our interview group) would be made around February 23rd.

My question to any current Tech student, or anyone in-the-know, is: For early admission interviewees, how long before tech usually updates the candidate's admission status (3 weeks like they said?)?

Thanks a lot.

They like to send the acceptance letter by mail before they update the candidates admission status online if I remember correctly. So they will probably update it online a few days after they mail the letters.

Hey guys and gals,

My question to any current Tech student, or anyone in-the-know, is: For early admission interviewees, how long before tech usually updates the candidate's admission status (3 weeks like they said?)?

Thanks a lot.

Last year when I interviewed I went to the first interview date, which was Feb 3rd. They also told me that they were going to review our applications on the 23rd. I didn't receive my letter until the first day of March. So give it some time and relax. The envelope will have confetti in it so don't open it laying down like I did.

Hey guys and gals,

I interviewed on 2-2-2007 @ Tech as well (Absolutely loved it, so I hope I get in!). At the end of the day, during the "wrap-up" session, I remember Mr. Schwettmann mentioning that the first early admissions offers (specifically for our interview group) would be made around February 23rd.

I was also at that interview on 2/2, did you send in your shot records? I got an email implying that I was not a serious candidate because I have not sent them in. I was planning on receiving my Hep B shot this week, because my insurance just recently changed. I am pretty worried, and I hope that it does not jeoperdize my chances of getting an acceptance.

Thanks a lot.

I was also there on 2/2. I was wondering if you sent in your shot records? I received an email implying that I was not a serious candidate because I did not send them in. I was planning on sending them in this week after I receive my first Hep B shot, my insurance just changed and I was not able to get an appointment. I am worried that this may jeopordize my chances of getting an acceptance.

don't worry too much about that, They're just uber anal about it. Sharon Harrison sent you the e-mail didn't she?

Just do it when you can, it's rolling admissions anyway

don't worry too much about that, They're just uber anal about it. Sharon Harrison sent you the e-mail didn't she?

Just do it when you can, it's rolling admissions anyway

Thanks for the reply, I can tell they are pretty serious about the shots. Yea, Sharon Harrison sent me the email. I sent her an email letting her know that it will be in by the end of the week. So by rolling admissions, do you mean they may pass me on to the next admissions committee meeting?

no, I mean the exact opposite. I'm pretty sure that it means they will always review yours again first before going to the next pool.

Sharon's a bit of a beehotch about the shots and stuff. Don't sweat it, just don't waste time. good luck

Hey I interviewed on 2/2 as well. I have a question for the current students concerning intern licenses in Texas. Am I able to apply for one before I start pharmacy school in the fall? I tried looking at the Texas Board of Pharmacy website but could not find an answer. Thanks and hopefully I will see you guys in Amarillo in the fall.

you will apply for an intern license at the end of your first semester, but will not get it until you have taken and passed at least 30 hours of pharmacy course week.
in other words, you get it the summer after your first year

Hey,

I did get the e-mail, but I had already submitted my shot records (they were in-transit). It's understandable, though, why they want students to get the shot records in.

As far as how serious of a candidate they think a prospective student is based upon his or her submission of immunization records, I was thinking that while it's not a *HUGE* consideration, it must play some role if she made the statement both in person and in writing.

I hope to see everyone in Amarillo (or Lubbock!) this fall as well.

I hope to see everyone in Amarillo (or Lubbock!) this fall as well.

just for clarification, your 1st two years can only be in Amarillo, unless you apply for the abilene campus, otherwise Lubbock and Dallas are only P3and P4 year sites

nevertheless, good luck to everyone, we'll see the next batch this friday