Texas school applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This may sound really stupid but does anyone know if they send out mass email or just individually? I want an interview invite too!

If your "mass email" means forward the email to those who got invited, the answer is no.

I am a total newb to the UH app, but how much is the application fee? I can't find it anywhere on their website! I vaguely remember the rep saying it was 100, but I want to be sure since you have to mail them the check. And did you guys send it along with all of the required stuff to be mailed in? Congrats to everyone who already got interviews!

The application fee is $100. And yes, I gave them a packet with all the required documents except the recommendation letters which my professors chose to sent them separately. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview, too! I'm nervous and excited at the same time. :)

Dienophile and Aggie07, how did you guys prepare for the interview?

Aggie07 is right about the interview feedback. There is alot of good information there. Other than that, I bought a new suit; I read over my supplemental the night before and I got a good nights rest. Conduct yourself in a professional manner, but most importantly, let your personality shine. The group exercise can be fun. The writting is cake. The interview is just as described in the feedback. I look forward to seeing you guys there. Look for me, I'll be wearing the white coat.

Ok, so Houston has started to do interview invitations.

Does anyone have information about when other schools in the state started sending out invitations during the last cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got an email yesterday for an interview at UH on Jan 25 at 8:15 am...i'm so excited! this is my number one choice...good luck, everyone!:D

i got an email yesterday for an interview at UH on Jan 25 at 8:15 am...i'm so excited! this is my number one choice...good luck, everyone!:D

How many schools did you apply to? It looks like you've got the whole country covered.

I'm assuming Jan. 25th is the first round of interviews. I can't believe they already sent out invitations. When did everyone send in their applications? I sent mine in at the end of November.

How many schools did you apply to? It looks like you've got the whole country covered.

i finished applying to UH, TSU, A&M, Tx Tech, USC (CA), and U of the Pacific (CA). i'm in the process of completing my apps to UT-Austin, Massachusetts COP-Worcester, and Arizona-Glendale.

so far i got an interview to UH on jan 25, and an interview to USC on jan 26. i'm happy! :)

I'm assuming Jan. 25th is the first round of interviews. I can't believe they already sent out invitations. When did everyone send in their applications? I sent mine in at the end of November.

my UH online app was submitted the very first day it opened in sept, but i didn't send in all the additional forms until later cause i was waiting on my LORs. so, my app was considered complete on oct 20, even with 1 missing LOR, but that one was finally submitted sometime in mid nov.

i still can't believe i got an interview first round! i don't think i'm that strong of a candidate considering my numbers are just avg, or if anything, they're below avg. i was very shocked...

my UH online app was submitted the very first day it opened in sept, but i didn't send in all the additional forms until later cause i was waiting on my LORs. so, my app was considered complete on oct 20, even with 1 missing LOR, but that one was finally submitted sometime in mid nov.

i still can't believe i got an interview first round! i don't think i'm that strong of a candidate considering my numbers are just avg, or if anything, they're below avg. i was very shocked...

I'm a bit disappointed that I did not get selected for the first round of interviews. :( I submitted my application around Oct. 23rd so I figured that was pretty early. But...I am hopeful that I will be selected for the next round! :) What are you considering "average" numbers?

For those of you fortunate souls that were selected for the first round of interviews....CONGRATS!! If you don't mind - please post you stats! Thanks!

Ok, so it's obvious that UH has rolling admissions.

What about the other schools in the state? I've read claims of Tech and UT, but I don't see evidence like I have for UH.

I'm 75% done with my applications! All I need now is one more letter of recommendation so that I can apply to Irma Lerma Rangel CoP.

Ok, so it's obvious that UH has rolling admissions.

What about the other schools in the state? I've read claims of Tech and UT, but I don't see evidence like I have for UH.

I have a friend who goes to UT. She said UT doesn't technically have rolling admissions. Having said that, she also said UT kind of does treat applications as if they had rolling admissions for the ones they receive in the first couple of months. Basically, the earlier your app is in, the better. Anyway, even she is a bit confused about how UT does admissions, but technically UT doesn't have rolling admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a bit disappointed that I did not get selected for the first round of interviews. :( I submitted my application around Oct. 23rd so I figured that was pretty early. But...I am hopeful that I will be selected for the next round! :) What are you considering "average" numbers?

i got a 75% on pcat, but 36% in math...3.5 cum gpa, 3.2 science gpa, ba in biology, research experience, pharm tech and volunteer experience. i'm just surprised b/c my numbers aren't that high, as you can see.

good luck to you!

i got a 75% on pcat, but 36% in math...3.5 cum gpa, 3.2 science gpa, ba in biology, research experience, pharm tech and volunteer experience. i'm just surprised b/c my numbers aren't that high, as you can see.

good luck to you!

That's why I applied VERY EARLY. Definitely have the advantage. My stats are similiar to you too, except my weakness is on reading. Are you from U of H?

That's why I applied VERY EARLY. Definitely have the advantage. My stats are similiar to you too, except my weakness is on reading. Are you from U of H?

i'm not from uh, but i am a houstonian...yeah, applying early really paid off, and i was all worried that i could have gotten things in earlier...i just didn't want to give myself any excuse for not getting an interview, but i did, and i'm very thankful for that!

Well I definitely wish both of you (Partykiki and pharmfriend) and others good luck! Please remember to post your experiences in the interview sections after you've been interviewed! My stats are pretty decent. My GPA is also a bit low. I have about a 3.2 (science and cum), but I have a 93 PCAT so I'm hoping that will help. I have 6.5 years of healthcare experience, but not in the pharmacy. Anyway...I hope to meet you all at U of H one day :) Nothing but positive thinking and prayer is going to get us through this next phase. I'm Psyched!!!!!!

Be blessed

I will be seeing everyone at the UH interview, I have one also. How is every one doing on the questionare? some of those are tough questions.
My stats are as follows:
84 on pcat
3.7 GPA (cum)
4 years of pharmacy experience
This site has been quite helpful so far, thank you all.

hey hey everyone, merry xmas from Lateralus. Anywayz, I'll make sure to post information about the first round of interviews once I hear about it at school. Hope to see all ya'll in austin for interviews!

trey I can't believe u still post on here :) --Nancy

LOL @ current P1s who still secretly spy on the future P1s and don't post.....IE nancy and mikey. omg thats hilarious I dint even know you guys were members. hope yallz christmas was tight! get ready for next semester......i heard almost all our classes are recorded for bboard......vegas trip anyone?

Hi friends,
I have a few questions about UH and Texas tech application...i hope someone will be able to clear my questions :D

1) When we sent our supplimental documents like the transcripts and checks do we sent it in a regular envelope or in a yellow manila envelope...i know its not a big deal but I just want to knw how yall did it. When I requested transcrips from UH, they did not give it to me in a sealed envelope. DO u think its a problem? I was also trying to request another transcript from UH, but i didnt see that option in peoplesoft..for those who attent UH and know how to request transcripsts online plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help meeeeeeeeeee.

2) In the texas tech application, under the residency section there is question which says "Have u been assigned an INS SEVIS number"...does anyone have an idea wht this is...since this is the holiday time, its taking a long time for the advisors to reply me back about these questions...so i really hope someone will be able to help me out asap

when I turned inmy supplemental app. I put it in a manila envelope and handed it to them at the desk in the admissions office. the transcripts need to be in a sealed envelope im pretty sure. And I dont know how to request online but you can go to the registrars office and it takes two minutes.

Does anyone know exactly when the A&M app is due? There are two dates on the website: Feb. 1 and Feb. 15. If the deadline is Feb. 1, I don't know if I'll be able to ask for LORs from my professors. Two weeks seems like it isn't enough time (classes start Jan. 14 for me).

Does anyone know exactly when the A&M app is due? There are two dates on the website: Feb. 1 and Feb. 15. If the deadline is Feb. 1, I don't know if I'll be able to ask for LORs from my professors. Two weeks seems like it isn't enough time (classes start Jan. 14 for me).

The Feb 1 date appears more often (I think Feb 15 only appears once - in the application, shortly after a mention of Feb 1). That would make me guess that it is Feb 1.

Staff go back to work on January 2nd, so you could try contacting them to get a definite answer.

1. i usually request my UH transcripts through "enrollment services" online. it's faster & easier. (i got lost on ppl soft) when you come in to pick it up, they usually ask if you need it to be official, & then they'll put it in a sealed envelope w/registrar's stamped signature on it.

2. INS SEVIS = Immigration and Naturalization Service's, Student and Exchange Visitor Information System

I was reading the interview feedbacks for UH and I have not found anything that gives me an impression of what the writing part of the interview was like. do any of you guys have any idea at all? Are the prompts anything like the ones on the pcat or something different?

LOL @ current P1s who still secretly spy on the future P1s and don't post.....IE nancy and mikey. omg thats hilarious I dint even know you guys were members. hope yallz christmas was tight! get ready for next semester......i heard almost all our classes are recorded for bboard......vegas trip anyone?

So I'm not the only P1 that does it?

i sent out my completed texas tech application on 12/21 but on the website...it still shows that none of it has been received. does anyone know how long it takes for this to show up as received, or if anyone else sent their application around the same time?

i sent out my completed texas tech application on 12/21 but on the website...it still shows that none of it has been received. does anyone know how long it takes for this to show up as received, or if anyone else sent their application around the same time?

I sent out the last of my stuff right before you did. Everything has slowly shown up as "received" except for my essays. Hopefully I wasn't supposed to print those out and send them separately.

I've been complete with UT for a while, except for my final transcript. I sent that off weeks ago, but it still hasn't shown up.

I received this email from them mid-December:

"Currently we are in a conversion to a new imaging system and posting of documents for our review is not available until at least December 7. We have only one person in Lubbock who processes all documents for our school. As a result when many documents come at various times, the posting to your application becomes bogged down. Please be patient while documents are matched to your record. Since you have started the Admissions Application, you are encouraged to complete the process as soon as possible. We cannot do a review of your file until we have all documents on file."

I hope that helps. There's really not much we can do except wait.

Knickerbocker, I don't think you have to print the essay separately. I hope not because I didn't either! When you review my application online though, if you scroll down to the bottom section titled "Essays," does it at least say that it has been "E-mailed to Admissions Office?" Because that's what mine says so I think as long as it says that, it should be okay. Do you know the exact day that all your other documents were shown as received? I forgot to get a delivery confirmation when I mailed it so hopefully it didn't get lost in the mail.

Knickerbocker, I don't think you have to print the essay separately. I hope not because I didn't either! When you review my application online though, if you scroll down to the bottom section titled "Essays," does it at least say that it has been "E-mailed to Admissions Office?" Because that's what mine says so I think as long as it says that, it should be okay. Do you know the exact day that all your other documents were shown as received? I forgot to get a delivery confirmation when I mailed it so hopefully it didn't get lost in the mail.

Ok, I see that note about my essays being emailed to them.

Delivery tracking shows that they received my packet on Dec 21st. I had items show up as received on Dec 27th, 28th, and today. The stuff from the 27th and 28th is surprising because Tech was probably closed.

i received this email from TX Tech on Dec. 18th:

"I am writing to let you know that your status has been changed to “pending”. This means,I have done an initial review of your file. I will forward your file to the Admissions Committee...The Committee will begin its reviews on January 8th, just after the early admissions deadline passes. Your status will not change until the Committee has reviewed your file."

Anyone else still waiting for their final transcripts to show up for UT? I had my sent about the 18th of Dec or so, so it should be there. It probably got buried during the break by thousands of other transcripts :(

Hi guys...I am assuming there must be many of you who had applied to texas a&m. I got a quick question about their application. Since I am a permanent resident of US, i have to sent in a copy of my permanent resident card. They were also asking if my parent is a US citizen and if yes sent in a copy of the citizenship card. To my knowledge, there is no such card for citizens right...but my dad do have a certificate saying that he is a US citizen, and it has a note on it which says "this certificate should not be copied"..etc...did anyone face the same problem...if yes plzz do tell me how u guys handled it.

My UT and TT applications are finally 100% ready for review. My UH application has been finished for almost a month now.

All that I have left now is the application for A&M.

All that I have left now is the application for A&M.

In terms of completing the application, A&M is the easiest one. No essays and very straight forward. I wish all applications were like the one at A&M.

Hi guys...I am assuming there must be many of you who had applied to texas a&m. I got a quick question about their application. Since I am a permanent resident of US, i have to sent in a copy of my permanent resident card. They were also asking if my parent is a US citizen and if yes sent in a copy of the citizenship card. To my knowledge, there is no such card for citizens right...but my dad do have a certificate saying that he is a US citizen, and it has a note on it which says "this certificate should not be copied"..etc...did anyone face the same problem...if yes plzz do tell me how u guys handled it.

Heyy plzz someone help me out, did anyone else had to sent a copy of their citizenship card or something like that for A&M application???

Heyy plzz someone help me out, did anyone else had to sent a copy of their citizenship card or something like that for A&M
application???

Maybe there isn't anyone here who has been in the same situation as you. Why don't you try calling or emailing them...I think they're the best people to give you an answer.

Maybe there isn't anyone here who has been in the same situation as you. Why don't you try calling or emailing them...I think they're the best people to give you an answer.

I agree. And thx for bringing up this question coz I forgot to send my green card to them also. I've emailed to ask if they need me to send it over now or bring it at the time of interview (if I get one).:)

So... Any of you UT guys have any info about interview dates and such?

I managed to get some info (directly or not) about UH and Tech, but UT seems so secretive and mysterious.

for UT, this was the breakdown for last year:
the first round would be in mid February
the second round is in mid March
the last round would be in mid-late April

i think that's pretty much the basic set up from each year too. three rounds and that's it. They did change the system last year like the application. Everything is online based. App, letters of rec, resume, etc. And the system itself is pretty up to date and will tell you if the letters of rec were filled out and such too.

I agree. And thx for bringing up this question coz I forgot to send my green card to them also. I've emailed to ask if they need me to send it over now or bring it at the time of interview (if I get one).:)

hey thank u guys for your response :)

hey spikeymikey and other UT people, do you know how UT informs you of an interview invite? i mean since they do everything online, will it be online, email or perhaps snail-mail? thanks.

If memory serves me correct, we got both an email and a letter via snail mail informing us of our interview.