Texas school applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a friend who goes to UT. She said UT doesn't technically have rolling admissions. Having said that, she also said UT kind of does treat applications as if they had rolling admissions for the ones they receive in the first couple of months. Basically, the earlier your app is in, the better. Anyway, even she is a bit confused about how UT does admissions, but technically UT doesn't have rolling admissions.

I don't think UT is on a rolling admissions cause took the PCAT in Jan 08 and they said that's fine, they just need to know so they can put my application on hold until they get my results... and they said they do it for everyone that takes the PCAT in jan so why would they say that if they just fill up all the spots before then? Wouldn't make sense...

Members don't see this ad.

for UT, this was the breakdown for last year:
the first round would be in mid February
the second round is in mid March
the last round would be in mid-late April

i think that's pretty much the basic set up from each year too. three rounds and that's it. They did change the system last year like the application. Everything is online based. App, letters of rec, resume, etc. And the system itself is pretty up to date and will tell you if the letters of rec were filled out and such too.

Oh thanks for the info!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just four more days (at most) and we'll know about round one at UT and Tech.

:scared:

Anyone waiting to hear from UIW? If you go there now, do you remember when you got your interview invite? Also, do they do different batches of interviews like UT?

ye, kind of like how no one on these boards seem to go to UIW or have applied in past years...anyways, i think we are ok for interview invites from UT at the end of the week, let's just hope we get one, eh

Anyone waiting to hear from UIW? If you go there now, do you remember when you got your interview invite? Also, do they do different batches of interviews like UT?

Actually, I got an email from the secretary saying they don't have my PCAT scores, which is weird. But I'm just writing to let you know I'm waiting for UIW to send me an invite too.:)

I applied to both UIW and TAMHSC last year.

For UIW, all interview invitations went out on the same day if I remember correctly. I do know they did not have rolling admissions. They told us during the interview that all acceptance letters would be mailed 4/20/07. This was through postal mail, no email. The interview invite was email, in late Feb, followed by postal mail. I believe the interview was late March/early April. I know I was in the first of two rounds of interviews, I think they were during a 2 week span.

For TAMHSC, again no rolling admissions and all acceptance letters were sent out at one time (4/16/07) via email and DHL, and I think interview invitations all at once as well which went out mid to late Feb via email. Their interviews were spread over 1 week (Spring Break) I think Thursday-Sat of that week. You were either scheduled for the 9am session or the 1pm session. There were about 40 people in my group. At the interview they told us they would interview 150 people that year and accept 70 (I think, it was definitely between 65 & 80). Only the top 70 people would get acceptance letters, all others were either waitlisted or rejected. They said to call and get your rank and that they do not send out rejection letters at all.

Sorry this got so long. Feel free to PM me and I'll answer any other questions I can. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

thanks wbrown for the update on UIW, so where did you end up going?
thanks knickerbocker for the link

Members don't see this ad :)
Tech's interview dates are up!! Haven't decided on a date 02/15 or 02/22, this is for the Abilene campus, I don't know about Amarillo. .who's with me? :)

Tech's interview dates are up!! Haven't decided on a date 02/15 or 02/22, this is for the Abilene campus, I don't know about Amarillo. .who's with me? :)

where did you see it? Online app or eraider? Email?

This is the dates for texas tech on their website like Knickerbocker said:
"http://www.ttuhsc.edu/sop/programs/pharmD/calendar.aspx"

Hi guys, I have one question about the email from Texas tech, are we suppose to get any emails for them regarding applications deadlines, etc or we only get emails from them in that mailbox if they want to offer us interview and such?

:(

Thanks

Hi guys, I have one question about the email from Texas tech, are we suppose to get any emails for them regarding applications deadlines, etc or we only get emails from them in that mailbox if they want to offer us interview and such?

:(

Thanks

They send out emails about deadlines and such if you have started an application.

OMG, I got an invite from Tech! I have not chosen which date to go yet but this just relieves some of the pressure on me for my UH interview this Friday. I'm soooo happy :).

OMG, I got an invite from Tech! I have not chosen which date to go yet but this just relieves some of the pressure on me for my UH interview this Friday. I'm soooo happy :).

congrats on your interview...was your invite by regular email, eraider email, or postal mail? i hope i get one, too...but probably not since i haven't heard anything yet...bummer for me...good luck!

i chose the amarillo location....did you choose abilene or amarillo? do you think that makes a difference in when you get an invite?

OMG....yay, I got one too! I don't know which day to choose either. I am hoping to get one for UH as well for the second round, so I guess I should go with the 15 instead of 22. I am so super excited!

congrats on your interview...was your invite by regular email, eraider email, or postal mail? i hope i get one, too...but probably not since i haven't heard anything yet...bummer for me...good luck!

i chose the amarillo location....did you choose abilene or amarillo? do you think that makes a difference in when you get an invite?

I chose the amarillo campus too. I don't think it makes any difference because Pharmafrekan chose abilene and he got the invite today too. Check you online application. That's where they notify you that you have been invited for an interview. There are several dates to choose from.

I chose the amarillo campus too. I don't think it makes any difference because Pharmafrekan chose abilene and he got the invite today too. Check you online application. That's where they notify you that you have been invited for an interview. There are several dates to choose from.

omg, i am such an idiot! i was checking my regular email all day waiting for an invite. just checked my online app like you said, and i got one!!! YAY! i have to choose a date, but i need time to think about it. i'm so happy now!! :D

Same here.:D We are going on a PLEASANT trip~~~yay!! Got to visit the bars there.

how 'bout them UT invites...good luck to you guys getting invites from Tech

when and how do we get specific info on the time and itenarary of the interview? probably after we choose a date...but for those of you who may know from previous years, what is the tx tech interview like, and when does it start. wondering if i should fly out the night before or that morning....thanks!

fyi....TSU is doing things real early this year. just received my letter for interview on the 28th. Not my first choice of school, but i'm just really surprised they're on track this time around. :thumbup:

you got a letter in the mail? what about email? i really want to stay in houston, so that's my #2 choice.

Yay! I got a Tech interview too! All my dates say "amarillo". Does yours say "abilene"?

when and how do we get specific info on the time and itenarary of the interview? probably after we choose a date...but for those of you who may know from previous years, what is the tx tech interview like, and when does it start. wondering if i should fly out the night before or that morning....thanks!

Several PDF files with this info became available after I picked the date.

It looks like UH has started sending invitations for the second set of interviews.

Anyone have any UT information yet?

I got Tech and UH interview offers today! =)
do you guys know if they ever look back at our gpa, PCAT scores, work experience, etc. after the interview to consider admission? Or do they determine admission only based on the interview after they have offered you one?

UT is going to make us wait until tomorrow, or even Friday :eek:...hoping tomorrow. anyone know if that the website UT allows you to log into (https://utdirect.utexas.edu/admissions/status_check.WBX) to check to see if they received all the parts of your application will update if they extend you an interview, or only an e-mail will go out?

I got Tech and UH interview offers today! =)
do you guys know if they ever look back at our gpa, PCAT scores, work experience, etc. after the interview to consider admission? Or do they determine admission only based on the interview after they have offered you one?

When did you get the invite for UH? i'm beginning to get really worried!

UT is going to make us wait until tomorrow, or even Friday :eek:...hoping tomorrow. anyone know if that the website UT allows you to log into (https://utdirect.utexas.edu/admissions/status_check.WBX) to check to see if they received all the parts of your application will update if they extend you an interview, or only an e-mail will go out?

I think I read that it shows up on the website shortly before an email is sent out, but I may be wrong.

I received an interview request from UH today. I didn't get my application in early enough for the first round. The interview is Feb 22.

I'm only really interested in TAMU and they do their interviews all at once-requests for those should come out mid-late February.

As far as I know UIW is not on a rolling basis, and so long as everything is postmarked by Jan 31st, you will be considered as an applicant. One of their advisers was talking about that at the career fair. All interview invites should go out at the same time.

Hope this helps.

For those of you (us) waiting for UT--just breathe.

How do the UH interview invites come (email, snail mail, etc)???

*ahem* I'm a "she" :)

Am I the only one that applied to abilene? Sure feels like it...

wish I could just login to my UT application and magically know if i got an interview invite...:cry:

login to your online application! that's how they notify you...if interview dates are listed, then you are invited for one...

I think pharm friend was thinking of UT not UH because UH invites by e-mail. There is no section on my UH app that has interview notification.

I do have an interview.:hardy:

I think pharm friend was thinking of UT not UH because UH invites by e-mail. There is no section on my UH app that has interview notification.

I do have an interview.:hardy:

oh, sorry...this is so confusing...i was thinking of tx tech...uh does invites by email...my bad...:cool:

2 kinds of mails:

email = electronically
snail mail = in the mailbox

Does it even make any sense to apply this late to either UT or UH??? I just put it off and put it off. I think UT is due a week from tomorrow. I'm already a bio/pre pharm student here, but I haven't even started on the PharmD app. Have I shot myself in the foot by waiting so long???

Does it even make any sense to apply this late to either UT or UH??? I just put it off and put it off. I think UT is due a week from tomorrow. I'm already a bio/pre pharm student here, but I haven't even started on the PharmD app. Have I shot myself in the foot by waiting so long???

Just apply. You have nothing to lose.

Yes, you should definitely apply. There are probably a lot of others who have not yet applied either.