Texas MOT Applicants 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hehe just called the Houston campus and was told they'd never be able to get anything done if they don't stop getting all these calls! She made it very clear they just want us to wait b/c notifications will be going out by email. She would not respond to my request for a time frame. And even yet I'm still tempted to call Denton.... Think I'd get the same response? Anyone else on here wating on Houston too?

Members don't see this ad.

Did they say at info session how many people they put on waiting list? I can't remember, all I remember is that there's a higher chance for getting in from list than one would think

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to two open houses this year and don't remember anything specific about the waitlist. At least at the Houston sessions, they did not specify waitlist percentages.

hehe just called the Houston campus and was told they'd never be able to get anything done if they don't stop getting all these calls! She made it very clear they just want us to wait b/c notifications will be going out by email. She would not respond to my request for a time frame. And even yet I'm still tempted to call Denton.... Think I'd get the same response? Anyone else on here wating on Houston too?

I am tempted to call, but am afraid they will give me the same response as above. I have 100 questions about the wait list!!

If you call Denton, will you ask about Houston please?

Hello everyone,

I have been officially waitlisted to TWU Houston. Here are my stats:

Major: Music Education
Overall: 3.43
Last 60: 3.69
Pre Req: 3.78

Has anyone heard of how many people were waitlisted for either campus?

Hello everyone,

I have been officially waitlisted to TWU Houston. Here are my stats:

Major: Music Education
Overall: 3.43
Last 60: 3.69
Pre Req: 3.78

Has anyone heard of how many people were waitlisted for either campus?

Did you only apply to TWU Houston? I'm just wondering how you know you were waitlisted for Houston and not Dallas or both!

Yes my email does not say the campus for which I'm waitlisted.... I assumed Dallas but now I'm not sure... Guess I will have to call to find that out

i
Did you only apply to TWU Houston? I'm just wondering how you know you were waitlisted for Houston and not Dallas or both!

I applied to TWU Houston as my first choice, and I put TWU Dallas as my second choice. This is what the waitlist email says:

Dear School of OT Applicant

The Admissions Committee for the Master of Occupational Therapy program has completed its part in the selection process and made recommendation that your application be held for further consideration.

The pool of qualified applicants to the School of Occupational Therapy was larger than our capacity to admit. Therefore, we are creating a waitlist. Please notify our office at [email protected] by January 31, 2014 if you would like us to hold your application for future consideration should an opening become available.

Thank you for your interest in Texas Woman’s University and your application to the School of Occupational Therapy. We appreciate the time and effort expended to review our program and apply.

I called Dallas and they said they generally do not tell us where we are in wait list.

I received an acceptance email from Houston! Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 1 user
i

I applied to TWU Houston as my first choice, and I put TWU Dallas as my second choice. This is what the waitlist email says:

Dear School of OT Applicant

The Admissions Committee for the Master of Occupational Therapy program has completed its part in the selection process and made recommendation that your application be held for further consideration.

The pool of qualified applicants to the School of Occupational Therapy was larger than our capacity to admit. Therefore, we are creating a waitlist. Please notify our office at [email protected] by January 31, 2014 if you would like us to hold your application for future consideration should an opening become available.

Thank you for your interest in Texas Woman’s University and your application to the School of Occupational Therapy. We appreciate the time and effort expended to review our program and apply.
I would think you would be wait listed for your 1st choice but I would call if any doubt :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a wait list for TWU Houston. It was in my "junk" mail so for those of you that haven't received anything yet you may want to check there! I also interviewed for UTMB back in November and was wondering if anyone has heard anything back from them yet. Thanks!

My friend was waitlisted last year and was officially accepted to TWU Dallas at the end of May. I am waiting for her to call me back and tell me if they disclosed where on the wait list she stood??? I doubt they will, but lets be hopeful ;)

Just called Denton. They would not look up my status for me. Emails will only go out for acceptance or wait list. Rejections will be by mail. They are working to get everything out today but are still sending notifications. So basically, if you don't hear anything today, it would be pretty safe to assume the worst.

Hello, Everyone I just received my waitlist as well, Not sure which school but i did select Houston as first choice then Dallas. My stats aren't the best out there

Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.41
Last 60: 3.75
Pre-Req: 3.2

So I'm so nervous

I'm reading all these replies saying 1st choice and 2nd choice for TWU...I thought that you can apply to one location only?

I got my acceptance email for TWU Dallas this morning.
These were my stats:
Major: Exercise and Sport Science
Over all GPA: 3.89
Last 60 hr GPA: 4.0
Pre req GPA: 4.0
About 400 hours in five settings.

however I think I am planning on going to Texas Tech.

Denton said the waitlist email is for whichever campus you put as your first choice. Redraider: glad your choice is what you want and helps one of us on the waitlist! Ha

So i couldn't help myself and went ahead and called the Dallas campus, they said acceptances were sent out yesterday and today's for the wait lists. Denials come by mail later on this week. She also said the same procedure's going on for the Houston campus. So i think we have until the rest of today to see if we're wait listed. I haven't received any email so i'm at work looking at my phone every 5 mins :(. Congrats to those who already got accepted :D

Does anyone know how many people they accept at each campus? Anxiety has officially kicked in :scared:

Does anyone know how many people they accept at each campus? Anxiety has officially kicked in :scared:

45 for Dallas, ~42 for Houston. I wonder how many people are waitlisted...

I applied for TWU Dallas as my first choice (didn't receive a waitlist email from them) and was accepted to TWU Houston! I'm so glad I got in somewhere! My stats are posted above. So, you can get into one of the schools that you didn't choose as your first choice. Good luck everyone!

I applied to Dallas, but was recomended into Houston. I am being put on a wait list for Dallas in cases a spot opens up. I will move from the Houston campus to the Dallas campus. I'm a little confused a recommendation is not an acceptance?

I am guessing you received emails from Houston letting you know you're accepted, as well as a waitlist email?

Last edited:
The Houston acceptance email said that "we understand Houston was not your first choice" but also said we can be added to the Dallas' waitlist if we choose.

The Houston acceptance email said that "we understand Houston was not your first choice" but also said we can be added to the Dallas' waitlist if we choose.
I got the same email. Have you called and spoken to anyone? Do you know where that places us on the Dallas wait list? I'm kinda confused by the email, what are your thoughts about it?

Which campus did yall call to confirm your status? I'm one of the ones still waiting for an email.... When I called earlier, no one would tell me anything.

Which campus did yall call to confirm your status? I'm one of the ones still waiting for an email.... When I called earlier, no one would tell me anything.
I've called both and no one has picked up either haha

future- I feel ya. I just want the wait to be over. So I just called Denton and was told Lawana could tell us our application status, but she had just left for the day. She did confirm that they had finished sending out the Houston emails. And I'm guessing that since the Dallas applicants got their news first today they must have finished those emails even earlier. Sorry but it looks like bad news for both of us. And still my webadvisor says awaiting review....

I am accepted or recommended for TWU Dallas! I was wondering if there is a facebook group yet or anything? And best of luck to people waitlisted or waiting to hear!

Reactions: 1 user
I got waitlisted and called Houston and Dallas to see which campus this was for but no answer. I then called Denton and they told me when you're waitlisted it's not for your first option but more of a general thing... so basically wherever there's a spot open (houston or dallas)

I am accepted or recommended for TWU Dallas! I was wondering if there is a facebook group yet or anything? And best of luck to people waitlisted or waiting to hear!
Idk if there is a facebook, I think that would be nice to have! If you find one or start one will you post a link to it on here?

that would be nice to know the spots that could possibly remain for those on the wait list

Just spoke to Sharon @ UTMB and she said letters go out on Friday!!! Hopefully i get in here so i can forget all about TWU :|

That.....i forgot to ask lol. I'm at work lol so i just made a quick phone call. I'm guessing by email since we were notified about the interviews by email. So maybe email first, then a letter (it's more official).

Officially got the TWU Dallas acceptance email! Anyone else? :)

I got my acceptance yesterday! I'm so excited but I'm a tad confused because I applied and never got asked to interview! All it said was my application was prepared to recommend to the Graduate School that my application be accepted. to acceptance, no idea what that means, but was wondering if anyone else had this experience, or that my dreams came true?

Anyone else going to the Feb 28th intro?!

I got my acceptance yesterday! I'm so excited but I'm a tad confused because I applied and never got asked to interview! All it said was my application was prepared to recommend to the Graduate School that my application be accepted. to acceptance, no idea what that means, but was wondering if anyone else had this experience, or that my dreams came true?

Congrats! There was no interview process this year. If you received the recommendation for acceptance you are most likely in!! Will you be attending the Dallas campus?

I am most likely going to go to the intro I just have to double check when I get my schedule for next semester :)

Congrats! There was no interview process this year. If you received the recommendation for acceptance you are most likely in!! Will you be attending the Dallas campus?
I have never been to Dallas actually and wanted to go meet/speak with the faculty, it's between them and another school haven't decided yet, but yes the Dallas campus will be my home. It's just SOO expensive to live out there . What about yourself?

future- I feel ya. I just want the wait to be over. So I just called Denton and was told Lawana could tell us our application status, but she had just left for the day. She did confirm that they had finished sending out the Houston emails. And I'm guessing that since the Dallas applicants got their news first today they must have finished those emails even earlier. Sorry but it looks like bad news for both of us. And still my webadvisor says awaiting review....
Hey kt828, did you get a letter about going to the open house feb 28th?

I have never been to Dallas actually and wanted to go meet/speak with the faculty, it's between them and another school haven't decided yet, but yes the Dallas campus will be my home. It's just SOO expensive to live out there . What about yourself?

I am on the wait list... waiting for a spot to open. Wow! You've been accepted to more than one program?? What a blessing:)

Is there anyone who was accepted to TWU Dallas or Houston who is planning on attending other campuses?

And has anyone been able to speak to Lawana Spratling about whether the waitlist is definitely for first choice or for either campus? I was told by another person it was for first choice, but seeing here that someone was told it was just a general waitlist makes sense with the fact that the email is a bit ambiguous.

I just got off the phone with Lawana and if you received a waitlist email it's for the first choice you selected on the applicaiton. In my case I chose Dallas, so that's where I wait for a seat to open. I also asked about a confirmation email through ot@twu (stating they know we are interested on being placed on the waitlist) she said you won't receive a confirmation email-- they will just check you off on their list.

Also, they wont disclose how many people are on the waitlist nor what number you are on the list!!

I just got off the phone with Lawana and if you received a waitlist email it's for the first choice you selected on the applicaiton. In my case I chose Dallas, so that's where I wait for a seat to open. I also asked about a confirmation email through ot@twu (stating they know we are interested on being placed on the waitlist) she said you won't receive a confirmation email-- they will just check you off on their list.

Also, they wont disclose how many people are on the waitlist nor what number you are on the list!!

I wonder how long it typically takes to get off the waitlist... or when you'll know you're rejected. It feels kind of cruel to not at least give us a number of people on the waitlist.