Texas MOT Applicants 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ah okay, that's good to hear.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything about the approximate number of seats they're filling up for TWU Dallas or Houston?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if TWU Denton has heard anything? Do they typically hear back before Dallas/Houston or around the same time?

I interviewed for UTMB this past Friday, and I was just wondering if anyone knows when we will hear from them about acceptance??

Thank you!

Does anyone know if TWU Denton has heard anything? Do they typically hear back before Dallas/Houston or around the same time?

I heard from TWU Denton last week. And when I called today, the lady said that they are still in the process of reviewing applicants for Dallas.

I interviewed for UTMB this past Friday, and I was just wondering if anyone knows when we will hear from them about acceptance??

Thank you!

I was at the past interview also! I was told by the coordinator that we will hear back right before their Christmas break which was December 23rd! I hope it's sooner, the wait is going to be hard!

Reactions: 1 user
I was at the past interview also! I was told by the coordinator that we will hear back right before their Christmas break which was December 23rd! I hope it's sooner, the wait is going to be hard!
I agree!! I am so anxious! So will they let us all know at once or no? Do you know?

I heard from TWU Denton last week. And when I called today, the lady said that they are still in the process of reviewing applicants for Dallas.

Did you apply for TWU Denton and Dallas?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. That's what I was told too. I thought maybe I was told wrong. Thanks!

For those who have a decision from Tech, how long did y'all have to wait after the interview to get y'all's decision letters???

I agree!! I am so anxious! So will they let us all know at once or no? Do you know?

No, they didn't tell us that much detail. I hope they let us know as soon as they know we are in. But I am sure they might wait so that they don't get millions of phones calls. They specifically told us not to call, just to wait till we receive an email.

No, they didn't tell us that much detail. I hope they let us know as soon as they know we are in. But I am sure they might wait so that they don't get millions of phones calls. They specifically told us not to call, just to wait till we receive an email.
Thank you! Sorry last question: are you sure it's via email or do they send a letter?

I inte

I interviewed on October 19. Got accepted October 31.

Okay thank you very much for replying!
Maybe we will find out right before Thanksgiving!
Although that could definitely make or break someone's holidays so I don't know about that! Lol.

I only applied to Denton. I believe that you're not allowed to apply to both places, just one.
Really? on the application it asks you to prioritize the campus based on where you'd like to go so i'm guessing you're allowed to apply to all 3.

Okay thank you very much for replying!
Maybe we will find out right before Thanksgiving!
Although that could definitely make or break someone's holidays so I don't know about that! Lol.
It says on the school website that we'll hear from them no longer than Dec 23rd lol....so we probably gotta wait till December....now THAT could make or break someone's Christmas :(

It says on the school website that we'll hear from them no longer than Dec 23rd lol....so we probably gotta wait till December....now THAT could make or break someone's Christmas :(

I interviewed last Friday, November 15th and just got an acceptance email!
So decisions for that day should be coming out already!
Good luck everyone! (:)

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed last Friday, November 15th and just got an acceptance email!
So decisions for that day should be coming out already!
Good luck everyone! :))
Congrats!! Question... Are all your prerequisites complete?

Have TWU Dallas applicants gotten any recent word of when we might get a notification? The couple of times I have tried to call I could not get through and I have yet to get a reply from an email I sent over a week ago.

Really? on the application it asks you to prioritize the campus based on where you'd like to go so i'm guessing you're allowed to apply to all 3.

Well, when I asked the person from the department if I could apply to both dallas and denton, she said that I could not. So, I'm guessing that prioritizing may have to deal with whether or not there is a spot left for you to go to, if one does not work out? I'm not so sure about this part. I just know that I was told I could only apply to one place.

Well, when I asked the person from the department if I could apply to both dallas and denton, she said that I could not. So, I'm guessing that prioritizing may have to deal with whether or not there is a spot left for you to go to, if one does not work out? I'm not so sure about this part. I just know that I was told I could only apply to one place.

Yes, I was told the same after a year of my advisor saying I could. I could have chosen to do assured admission; however, I am one if those transfers with a lot of credits due to change of major so I am so close to graduating and there have been some who had been denied bc of that. So assured admission us not truly assured admission at this point bc they could still deny you. So, I felt I was pretty competitive to Dallas which is honestly my first choice because of location. It's an hour drive to denton for me. :( thanks for sharing!

No they are not! I still need developmental psychology and physics!
Oh hahahah. You're talking about Tech...i thought you meant UTMB for a second and I was anxious all day waiting to hear from them. Good luck tmrw and try to relax during the interview (that's if you're going) ;)

Have TWU Dallas applicants gotten any recent word of when we might get a notification? The couple of times I have tried to call I could not get through and I have yet to get a reply from an email I sent over a week ago.
Do you email Lawana Spratling? When i emailed her about it, her response "Applicants will be notified by mid-January" although they could change their minds because we were once told the online applications would open September 1st but it opened August ending (smh) so they're not that consistent to me.

Do you email Lawana Spratling? When i emailed her about it, her response "Applicants will be notified by mid-January" although they could change their minds because we were once told the online applications would open September 1st but it opened August ending (smh) so they're not that consistent to me.
No, I emailed the general OT email address. Maybe that's why I have received no response. :p Yeah, my hunch is that they will let us know around mid-Dec but secretly hoping we find out by next week before Thanksgiving break. WISHFUL
thinking!!!!!

Has anyone heard anything from UTHSC in San Antonio? Or do you have any clue when they start sending out invites?

Has anyone heard anything from UTHSC in San Antonio? Or do you have any clue when they start sending out invites?

I called them two days ago, and they said we should start hearing from them at the end of December/early January!

The wait is killing me! I guess TWU Dallas is going to keep us in suspense for at least another month. :(

I know! I can't wait to hear from them. I called last Wednesday to check up with Dallas and see if they now had a better idea of when we should expect news, and said that they were hoping to get acceptance emails out by Christmas holidays. (Which is December 17). That sounds better than what I was told about a month ago- that it would be mid-January. So at least they expect to let us know sooner rather than later! Ahhh I can't wait!!

Awesome! I guess I will distract myself with wrapping up classes and finals. Good Luck! I look at it right now as "no news is good news"..lol

I know it's early, but has anyone heard of news or updates for UTMB?

A few friends of mine have already gone through the UTMB interview process approximately about a week ago. They haven't received or heard anything yet.
I know it's early, but has anyone heard of news or updates for UTMB?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything from TWU Dallas or Houston? I am nervous the weather has delayed when we will hear news- anyone talked to them to see if they're still planning on sending out acceptances before the Christmas break? That's a week away!

No word as the Denton and Dallas campus have been closed since Friday. However, the Dallas campus is open today. We find out if the Denton campus is open tomorrow, this evening. :(

I just asked Lawana for an update via her direct email address (not the [email protected] one). I'll post when/if I get an update. Hopefully she responds! Anyone tried emailing for an update lately?
Also, I didn't realize some campuses are closed!

Yes, I attend the Denton campus and I think they should re-open tomorrow. It is finals week and many classes have resorted to online exams because of weather related closure here.

Its a good thing I'm in Houston. If I attended in Denton, I don't know if I could resist the temptation to pop in and beg for updates!

We are closed for another day tomorrow. :( I was hoping we might find out the end of this week. Praying next week.

Lawana emailed back saying applicants would be notified by mid-January. :(

No fun. Do y'all really think that's true? She's been consistently responding to emails saying January, while the OT secretary at Dallas campus has told me Christmas holidays twice. Is there some miscommunication between Denton and Dallas?