Texas MOT Applicants 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No fun. Do y'all really think that's true? She's been consistently responding to emails saying January, while the OT secretary at Dallas campus has told me Christmas holidays twice. Is there some miscommunication between Denton and Dallas?
Always! I am just going to have to put it out of my mind and wait. Hopefully, we are surprised with earlier notifications.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I will be applying to TWU Dallas in 2014-2015.
I'm not 110% sure of my stats but they are approx:
Overall GPA 3.678
Last 60 hours 3.8 or 3.9?
Pre-reqs: 4.0

I will be shadowing after the 1st of the year. I was previously working full time and caring for my son so I'm doing things a little out of the normal order. However, my son spent years in OT so I have personal experience :)
He is the reason I am pursuing this career change! OT saved us all in so many ways.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Krys, congrats! I guess that was earlier than expected. I'm also waiting to hear back from TWU...times going slow. As for Uthscsa, when did you apply ?

Krys, congrats! I guess that was earlier than expected. I'm also waiting to hear back from TWU...times going slow. As for Uthscsa, when did you apply ?
Thank you hornedfrog92 :) and yes time is moving very very slow..

as for the UTHSCSA I completed my application a couple of days before the deadline

TWU Dallas secretary told me this morning that we will receive emails this week- get ready!! Good luck to everyone!

And I just received a response to an email I sent over a month ago saying that they will be sending emails for recommendations this week. :heckyeah:

Officially got the TWU Dallas acceptance email! Anyone else? :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When you log in to webadvisor for TWU, does it show anything different now? I ask bc I just checked mine and it still says "awaiting department review."

When you log in to webadvisor for TWU, does it show anything different now? I ask bc I just checked mine and it still says "awaiting department review."
No it still says "awaiting department review." To think, I was checking that every day thinking it would update!

I haven't either. I'm a nervous wreck! Congratulations to those of you who have been recommended!

Or maybe they are only sending out the Dallas ones so far? Have any of the Houston applicants heard anything?

Thanks! Makes me feel a little better. It looks like they are going from highest to lowest. I'm a little bit lower but not far. I only applied to Dallas and did not check Houston. I have heard that there were approx 498 applicants alone to Dallas this year.

So GPA is more important than experience, passion, knowledge, and ability to live on your own and pay your own bills? What about people who had to work full time in college because they didn't have parents to pay for it and weren't able to have the highest GPA?

So GPA is more important than experience, passion, knowledge, and ability to live on your own and pay your own bills? What about people who had to work full time in college because they didn't have parents to pay for it and weren't able to have the highest GPA?
I could not agree more but unfortunately that is what it has come to. I was pretty confident I would have a chance at 3.85 last 60 and 3.82 PreReq but I am terribly nervous now.

Last edited:

"TWU doesn't care."
I just read your post to my husband and this was his response.
He's been so supportive over the last 3 years as I've worked full-time while taking pre-req's and $10k worth of grad school to get into TWU Dallas.
That said, I received my acceptance e-mail last night. It was oddly anti-climactic. As I've learned, the selection process is essentially gpa driven. Don't mean to be a kill-joy, it's just been a long 3 years. I've taken vacation days to complete over 70 observation hours in three different settings, only to find out they "expire" after two years and TWU doesn't really care if you do more than the requisite amount. I hope TWU will refine their process in the future to consider things like work experience and a proven ability to juggle school/work/life responsibilities.

Here are my stats:

Undergrad GPA (circa 1997): 3.27
Last 60 GPA(circa 1997): 3.27
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
12 hours of grad school GPA(which takes the place of last 60hrs): 4.0

Good luck and congrats to all!

*please excuse any spelling/grammar issues as I'm writing from my iPad while on vacation...about to enjoy a much needed mimosa!

Last edited:
They said they are done sending out applications for Dallas campus, but that they have not sent out waitlist email. My name is not on acceptance list, but the secretary did not have waitlist to see if I'm on there. Do not know about Houston yet.

I am terribly upset, after having left teaching to go back to school. Also, working as a tech has been hard work and it hurts to surround yourself with OT, then not be accepted.

Really?! Wow! Maybe be there is still hope with the wait list. I had to make the choice between the Denton fast track campus and Dallas bc we could only do one or the other. I chose Dallas bc ideal location as I have an hour commute to Denton. And my advisor stated that Denton fast track has refused students who are close to graduating in the past and felt I should apply to Dallas and Houston. Yesterday, I went to sign off for my final semester and he was like you should have applied to denton for assured admission bc they are now turning the tides on accepting those near graduation. ???!!! Sigh!

I was really happy not having to do an interview but now I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
Nope. Maybe I should call just to see. Who did you call? Did you just ask to verify if you were on the acceptance list?

I called the Dallas OT number and she said that my name was not on the acceptance list after I asked to verify. But again she said she did not have acccess to waitlist. She said rejection and waitlist email should be going out today.

Houston said they do not have list, that Denton has the list.

Thanks. I'm going to call now and I'll update afterwards. I hope they hurry with the emails for rejection and wait list so I can be put out of misery.

Not on acceptance list but she did also say that wait list email is going out today. If you don't receive that email then you will receive rejection letter via regular snail mail.

I am sorry. I sympathize with you- let's hope and pray for waiting list!

Will those of you who get either a letter for recommended acceptance or the waiting list post your stats? I'd like to get an idea of how competitive it was this cycle.

But gosh! It must be ridiculous if 3.8 GPAs don't make the cut!

Yeah, I had a 3.74 undergraduate GPA from LSU and 4.0 Prereqs from TWU... But I'm either rejected or waitlisted at Dallas. I put Houston as second choice, no news from them

I had an overall GPA of 3.93 and I didn't get accepted (I called to verify). I also had 4.0 pre-req GPA and around ~100 observation hours. Not sure if I'm on the waitlist yet :/

I called the TWU OT admissions office and they told me an acceptance letter would be come in January? I haven't received any emails, acceptance, waitlisted, or otherwise.

I had a 4.0 GPA for my prerequisites & my last 60 units.

I had an overall GPA of 3.93 and I didn't get accepted (I called to verify). I also had 4.0 pre-req GPA and around ~100 observation hours. Not sure if I'm on the waitlist yet :/

Did you call the Dallas OT department?

Thank you! And same to you. I've been talking to my husband who has been so supportive bc I quit work too. He is helping me keep a positive outlook no matter what. I did say I was ready to head to back to work (we also have four kids and being a stay at home mom has been the most challenging job to date..lol). I wish the best to luck to everyone. I don't plan on giving up. I will reapply if necessary.

So no one has heard anything from Houston?! This is bananas! I hear ya on the rejections, wish theyd do those by email as well. This suspense is no fun...
Also, is anyone's twu webadvisor page showing any status other than the old "awaiting departmental review?"

Did you call and ask about being wait listed or receive an email?

I also just got an email about being waitlisted!!

Email. Do think if we call they will let us know where we are on wait list?

I don't know... They said in information session that they don't usually tell people where they are, but I think I will call and ask this afternoon just to make sure. I also want to see how it works with putting Houston as second choice- if you're waitlisted for one campus, do they not consider you for the other?

Second on receiving a waitlisted email. I'm so worried...

My email didn't say that I was waitlisted for a specific campus. Did anyone receive an email that did?

I would think so. I didn't choose Houston bc can't do. But hope that works out for you. I think your GPA is still competitive!