This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think being out of state hurts you at all. I know many people accepted there who are out of state.
It says on their website they only accept 15% out of state students in their class

Members don't see this ad.

It says on their website they only accept 15% out of state students in their class
My guess is only about 15% of their applicants are out of state though, so its probably proportional. I wouldn't let that get your hopes down! I'm sure you have a strong application and have just as good of a chance of getting off the waitlist! My friend and I are both out of state and were accepted, and I have a few friends who are students there as well who are out of state!

My guess is only about 15% of their applicants are out of state though, so its probably proportional. I wouldn't let that get your hopes down! I'm sure you have a strong application and have just as good of a chance of getting off the waitlist! My friend and I are both out of state and were accepted, and I have a few friends who are students there as well who are out of state!
Thanks! I’ve already been accepted a couple places and paid a deposit at one place so either way, it’ll be ok!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted to a program off of the wait-list yet? If so, which program?

Has anyone been accepted to a program off of the wait-list yet? If so, which program?
I'm on the waitlist at TXST and called this week to see if there's been any movement. She said there won't be any until the new year since the faculty is all on break. Not sure about other schools though!

Does anyone know how to accept a waitlist spot at Texas tech? I’m not sure where to log into to accept it

Does anyone know how to accept a waitlist spot at Texas tech? I’m not sure where to log into to accept it

I have not applied to TTech this cycle, but I think if you were notified via email about your status being on the wait-list then you could either email them back accepting the offer or call the TTech DPT Department and let them know you are willing to be placed on the wait-list.

Thanks for the input. The letter I received in the mail said that I needed to log into my application to accept so I was kind of confused. But I will call first thing Monday morning, thanks again :)

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the input. The letter I received in the mail said that I needed to log into my application to accept so I was kind of confused. But I will call first thing Monday morning, thanks again :)
It is your Texas Tech Merlin account you should log in to. That is where you submitted your secondary application. You should have received an email from them with the link :)

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody still waiting to hear back from UTHSCSA or UTMB?
I’m still waiting to hear back from UTHSCSA. Probably either wait-listed or rejected since I know others have already gotten their acceptance notice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m still waiting to hear back from UTHSCSA. Probably either wait-listed or rejected since I know others have already gotten their acceptance notice.
Just got waisted at UTHSCSA

anyone still waiting to hear back from UNTHSC??
I am! I submitted my application in September and haven’t heard back. I emailed Pam but she said it was still under review. I don’t know if that’s good or bad. This is my first year to apply

Reactions: 2 users
I am! I submitted my application in September and haven’t heard back. I emailed Pam but she said it was still under review. I don’t know if that’s good or bad. This is my first year to apply
Hopefully they will get back to everyone after New Years. Goodluck!

Does anyone have any advice or know how the interview is set up for UNT? I have an interview there on January 10th. Thanks in advance!
I would look up MMI interviews to prepare. It’s multiple one on one interviews! Good luck.

Hi y'all,
This was my first year to apply to any program for PT. I originally was thinking to do PTA school but was convinced otherwise late in the application cycle. I applied to UNTHSC but still haven't heard back from them. Can y'all tell me if my stats are good to apply (for next year)? I still need to finish a few pre-reqs but should be completely finished by summer.

Undergrad School: Univ of North Texas
Major: Kinesiology
Minor: Psychology & Education
cGPA: 3.56
pre-req GPA: 4.0 so far (still need Chem 2 & both Physics)
GRE: haven't taken yet (UNTHSC doesn't require)

Hours: 91 in various - outpatient, neuro, acute/in patient (seen geriatric, pediatric, neuro, sport, wound management etc). Will complete more pediatric hours this summer..

Extracurricular: adult volleyball, 5ks & half marathons, various awards/scholarships through athletics (volleyball at UNT) and academics in college

Work: (science) Teacher - public schools for 7 years & Coach (through work and side part time job), student athlete tutor during college

Volunteer: various.. animal shelter, food bank, shelter, packing food boxes to send abroad, etc. Nothing consistent though

Interviews: None - haven't heard back from UNTHSC

Thoughts? Ways to improve my application?
Thank you!!

I heard UTEP does not interview, is this correct? I heard they will be sending out decisions some time early this month... Asking for a friend.

Anyone attending Angelo State?? Trying to start looking for roommates!

Accepted to UT Southwestern yesterday afternoon!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone actually gotten off the waitlist from Tech? Anybody have any insight as to when positions start opening up, etc

Declined Tx State and got waitlisted by Texas Tech before the New Year. Decided that Angelo State was the place for me! Good luck to everyone still waiting for answers!

Reactions: 3 users
Declined Tx State and got waitlisted by Texas Tech before the New Year. Decided that Angelo State was the place for me! Good luck to everyone still waiting for answers!
I’ll be going to Angelo State as well!

Just got my acceptance email from UTEP, so now I have to pick between UTEP and TWU. Pray for me, y’all

I got the email about still being considered for UTEP also. Wondering if it means we're on a waitlist?

Got accepted at UTEP, so I will be releasing my spot at TTU. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Anyone on here declining their acceptance offers to TXST or UTHSCSA?

I could very well be the latest person on this forum but I just recently discovered this website haha. I had a very humbling experience for my first application cycle as I received all rejections with no interviews. I was hoping i could get some feedback on my current statistics, especially from those that got in, and input on areas I could improve in? Thank you!

Here is mine:

School: Texas State University
Major: Biology (pre-med)
Minor: chemistry
cGPA: 3.50
pre-req GPA: 3.8-3.91 (depends on school)
Last 60: 3.67
GRE: 151V, 153Q, 3 AW

Hours: 52 in acute, 80 in outpatient rehab, 80 hours in inpatient rehab, 200 in pediatrics, Looking to get more observation in a SNF.

Extracurricular: involved with intramural sports and a member of the ESS club.

Work: Worked 2 years as a high school science teacher/track coach, rehab tech for 4.5 months, Worked retail for 1 year.

Volunteer: I volunteer with the Capable kids foundation that organizes events for kids with special needs, Sponsor for my high school student council and helped organized several school events for 2 years. 130 hours of volunteer hours doing transport at a hospital.

applied at: UTMB, TXST, UTHSCSA, TWU.

Interviews: NONE

Waitlisted: NONE

Acceptances: NONE

I just released my spot at TTUHSC (Lubbock) for a spot in UTSW's program.

I could very well be the latest person on this forum but I just recently discovered this website haha. I had a very humbling experience for my first application cycle as I received all rejections with no interviews. I was hoping i could get some feedback on my current statistics, especially from those that got in, and input on areas I could improve in? Thank you!

Here is mine:

School: Texas State University
Major: Biology (pre-med)
Minor: chemistry
cGPA: 3.50
pre-req GPA: 3.8-3.91 (depends on school)
Last 60: 3.67
GRE: 151V, 153Q, 3 AW

Hours: 52 in acute, 80 in outpatient rehab, 80 hours in inpatient rehab, 200 in pediatrics, Looking to get more observation in a SNF.

Extracurricular: involved with intramural sports and a member of the ESS club.

Work: Worked 2 years as a high school science teacher/track coach, rehab tech for 4.5 months, Worked retail for 1 year.

Volunteer: I volunteer with the Capable kids foundation that organizes events for kids with special needs, Sponsor for my high school student council and helped organized several school events for 2 years. 130 hours of volunteer hours doing transport at a hospital.

applied at: UTMB, TXST, UTHSCSA, TWU.

Interviews: NONE

Waitlisted: NONE

Acceptances: NONE

What about your LORs? Were they good or just okay? And how good was your personal statement? I can't speak for all schools but I know that some TXST values a good personal story more than your grades, which is not always fair but it is what it is.

I received an acceptance email from UTMB earlier this afternoon!

Have you heard of anybody else getting accepted today?
No I haven't! I interviewed Dec 6th and was wondering when I'd hear back. I'm also a little sketched out because I heard they call and confirm acceptances and I haven't received a call yet. Hopefully, I'm just being overly anxious lol.