This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh nice! What was the interview like??
Congratulations to everyone who’s gotten acceptance offers!!! Just did the interview yesterday at UTHSCSA and hopefully will hear back in 2 weeks or so since the 1st years are taking finals next week.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations to everyone who’s gotten acceptance offers!!! Just did the interview yesterday at UTHSCSA and hopefully will hear back in 2 weeks or so since the 1st years are taking finals next week.
I was at the interview yesterday too! That was actually my sixth interview and I have to say that it was one of my favorites of all of the programs I've interviewed with so far. Really positive experience!

Reactions: 1 user
I was at the interview yesterday too! That was actually my sixth interview and I have to say that it was one of my favorites of all of the programs I've interviewed with so far. Really positive experience!
Where all have you interviewed so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where all have you interviewed so far?
Temple University, University of the Incarnate Word, Texas Tech (Lubbock), University of North Texas, UT Medical Branch Galveston, and UTHSCSA!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I know I’m late to the game but I wanted to post in case people are curious about a graduate student applying for PT school ☺️

Here’s my stats:
School: Texas State (undergrad and masters)
Major: Pre-PT/Exercise Science
Minor: Honor
Thesis: undergrad & masters
Undergrad GPA/Masters GPA: 3.87/4.0
pre-req GPA: 3.6
GRE: 150V, 147Q, 5 AW

Hours: 300 in an outpatient clinic at TXST, 400 hours at a post-acute care hospital

Extracurricular: secretary and president of ESS club (3 years), cat camp counselor (2 years), peer mentor (2 years), mathworks fellow (2 years), Alpha Chi and Phi Kappa Phi honors societies (3 years), ESS graduate student org (1 year).

Work: Retail (4 years), student worker TXST PT clinic (1 year), Honors College GA (1.5 years), PCT at post acute hospital (9 months), cat camp counselor (2 years), peer mentor (2 years).

Volunteer: various through student orgs.

Schools applied to: TXST, UTHSCSA, TWU-Dallas, UTEP
Interviews: None lol.
Acceptances: TWU-Dallas
Rejections: TXST and UTHSCSA
Waiting on: UTEP

For everyone who got rejections like me, don’t give up!! You’ll get to where you need to be. Just keep grinding!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! I know I’m late to the game but I wanted to post in case people are curious about a graduate student applying for PT school ☺

Here’s my stats:
School: Texas State (undergrad and masters)
Major: Pre-PT/Exercise Science
Minor: Honor
Thesis: undergrad & masters
Undergrad GPA/Masters GPA: 3.87/4.0
pre-req GPA: 3.6
GRE: 150V, 147Q, 5 AW

Hours: 300 in an outpatient clinic at TXST, 400 hours at a post-acute care hospital

Extracurricular: secretary and president of ESS club (3 years), cat camp counselor (2 years), peer mentor (2 years), mathworks fellow (2 years), Alpha Chi and Phi Kappa Phi honors societies (3 years), ESS graduate student org (1 year).

Work: Retail (4 years), student worker TXST PT clinic (1 year), Honors College GA (1.5 years), PCT at post acute hospital (9 months), cat camp counselor (2 years), peer mentor (2 years).

Volunteer: various through student orgs.

Schools applied to: TXST, UTHSCSA, TWU-Dallas, UTEP
Interviews: None lol.
Acceptances: TWU-Dallas
Rejections: TXST and UTHSCSA
Waiting on: UTEP

For everyone who got rejections like me, don’t give up!! You’ll get to where you need to be. Just keep grinding!
Congrats on the TWU-Dallas acceptance! When exactly were you accepted?

Have deadline coming up and am struggling to choose between Angelo State and Texas State :(

Still haven’t heard back from Texas Tech since my interview in November. I’ve been accepted other places, but really like Texas Tech. I felt like the interview went really well but it’s been a while, should I give up on being accepted there since it’s been so long since my interview? Other schools I’ve been accepted to I heard back in less than two weeks!

Hey there! I'm new to the thread but I interviewed at Texas Tech on Oct. 25th and still haven't heard back. My guess is that if we haven't heard within two weeks, we are placed on some type of waitlist. However, I know so many people who went to Tech from the waitlist and found out within 3 weeks of the semester starting.

Just got offered an interview at UTMB. Can anyone give me insight about how to interview is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got offered an interview at UTMB. Can anyone give me insight about how to interview is?
I had a positive experience interviewing at UTMB. I interviewed there last weekend. You will have two individual interviews and what they called a "focus group session." In one of my individual interviews, I was asked standard interview questions like "why do you want to be a PT?" and "what makes you a unique candidate?" The interview was very conversational. In my second individual interview, two professors (different from the one who interviewed me in my first individual interview) presented me with an academic-related scenario and I had to answer questions about the scenario. Finally, in the focus group part of the interview, we were in a group of about 12 other interviewees. We all were presented with a scenario and had to discuss the scenario with each other while two current students of the program observed and took notes. I felt very welcome by the faculty and current students. Overall, really enjoyed my interview day there. Best of luck to you with your interview!

Do you guys think going to a lesser known school like Angelo State instead of Texas Tech or Texas State will affect employment opportunities following graduation?

Do you guys think going to a lesser known school like Angelo State instead of Texas Tech or Texas State will affect employment opportunities following graduation?
I wouldn't think so!

One of the PT’s I worked with this past year had this to day when choosing a school:
At the end of the day, all that matters is that you learn enough to pass NPT. When you start clinical rotations, you make connections that will generally help with future employment more so than just depending on your school’s alumni network. It’s about how you feel about the program, and the vibe you get from the people around you. School is school, no matter where you go.

Him saying that really helped me cope with some rejections. At the end of the day, we’re all just trying to be the best PT we can be.

Reactions: 2 users
One of the PT’s I worked with this past year had this to day when choosing a school:
At the end of the day, all that matters is that you learn enough to pass NPT. When you start clinical rotations, you make connections that will generally help with future employment more so than just depending on your school’s alumni network. It’s about how you feel about the program, and the vibe you get from the people around you. School is school, no matter where you go.

Him saying that really helped me cope with some rejections. At the end of the day, we’re all just trying to be the best PT we can be.
Thank you for sharing this! This is what I have thought, but sometimes it can be hard for me to pass up schools because of "the name" but I know that is a stupid reason to pick a school.

Absolutely not! All three of those schools are ranked so high in the state, and offer so much. Like everyone's saying, it honestly doesn't matter where you go, as long as you pass the NPTE and learn. If you feel that Angelo State is where you belong then go for it!

Hey there! I'm new to the thread but I interviewed at Texas Tech on Oct. 25th and still haven't heard back. My guess is that if we haven't heard within two weeks, we are placed on some type of waitlist. However, I know so many people who went to Tech from the waitlist and found out within 3 weeks of the semester starting.

well I hope that’s not true! will be accepting somewhere else if that’s the case :/

got accepted to UTHSCSA
Awesome!! When did you find out and when was your interview? Asking for myself since I also had a interview with them recently. Just waiting to hear back from them.

well I hope that’s not true! will be accepting somewhere else if that’s the case :/
That's just my guess! I'm not 100% sure, but the earliest people know if they're accepted is 2 weeks, after that it's either waitlist or rejection. Where are you planning on accepting?

Has anyone been accepted to UTMB yet? If so, about how long did you receive your acceptance after your interview? I have a deadline for another school shortly after my interview at UTMB, so just curious about timeline.

Awesome!! When did you find out and when was your interview? Asking for myself since I also had a interview with them recently. Just waiting to hear back from them.
I interviewed Dec 6th and found out on Dec 11th

I interviewed at UTMB on December 10th and found out by the 13th by email. :)
Has anyone been accepted to UTMB yet? If so, about how long did you receive your acceptance after your interview? I have a deadline for another school shortly after my interview at UTMB, so just curious about timeline.

Declined my offer at Texas State so hopefully that opens up a spot for one of you that was waitlisted!

I interviewed at Tech 9/27 but still haven't heard back. I've been reading this thread and it seems that people have either been accepted two weeks after the interview or haven't heard back at all. Does anyone know if they've sent any emails about being waitlisted?

I interviewed at Tech 9/27 but still haven't heard back. I've been reading this thread and it seems that people have either been accepted two weeks after the interview or haven't heard back at all. Does anyone know if they've sent any emails about being waitlisted?
Tech doesn't notify you if you're on the waitlist :/

Tech doesn't notify you if you're on the waitlist :/
Oh ok. I remember during my interview they said something about how they should notify us on our application status no later than a certain date in January. I don't remember the exact date but maybe I misunderstood.

Oh ok. I remember during my interview they said something about how they should notify us on our application status no later than a certain date in January. I don't remember the exact date but maybe I misunderstood.
I think they said they would notify by Jan. 15th!

I interviewed 9/27 as well. I guess no news is better than a rejection. I think we are probably on a waitlist. They might send out more acceptances January 15th once they find out how many people that are accepted have made the deposit and are committed to going there. They probably will send out the waitlist info that day too. Just my guess though. ‍

I had an interview at TTUHSC on December 6th and I got a rejection letter from them today, December 17th. I was also put on TWU’s waiting list so at the moment I am feeling very defeated. I also applied to UTHSCSA and I never got anything from them so I’m assuming I’m out. UNT has not reached out to me either. I have another interview with UTMB on January 10th so hopefully things go better for me there. Does anyone have any tip for UTMB’s interview?

I had an interview at TTUHSC on December 6th and I got a rejection letter from them today, December 17th. I was also put on TWU’s waiting list so at the moment I am feeling very defeated. I also applied to UTHSCSA and I never got anything from them so I’m assuming I’m out. UNT has not reached out to me either. I have another interview with UTMB on January 10th so hopefully things go better for me there. Does anyone have any tip for UTMB’s interview?
Hey! Don't give up. I'm on TWU's (Dallas) waitlist as well. As for UTMB, I interviewed there two weeks ago. Both the staff and students are very welcoming and friendly. You will have two individual interviews and one group session. One of my individual interviews was very conversational. I was asked pretty standard interview questions (what makes you unique? what are you passionate about besides physical therapy? how would your friends describe you?). I wasn't asked anything really unusual that caught me off guard. The second interview was scenario-based (academic-related). I read a short passage and had to answer questions about the passage to two faculty members. It wasn't bad, just make sure you thoroughly read the passage and understand what's going on in the narrative. During the group session, we were with about 12 other applicants and two current students of the program. One of the current students read us a scenario (also academic-related) and we had to discuss how we would go about solving the issues in the scenario with each other while the two current students observed. For that portion, I would just make sure you speak early so that you avoid running into the issue of having someone else say what you were going to say. I hope this helps! Best of luck at your upcoming interview!!

Does anyone know if Tech, UMHB or Angelo State are still interviewing or have started sending rejections? I submitted those apps in August and have still not heard anything besides my application being complete and under review. Just wondering if anyone is in the same situation.

Just received an acceptance letter from Texas Tech. I interviewed 11/22
LFG!!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if Tech, UMHB or Angelo State are still interviewing or have started sending rejections? I submitted those apps in August and have still not heard anything besides my application being complete and under review. Just wondering if anyone is in the same situation.
As far as I know ASU only does 2 weekends of interviews in November and select their class from that. I was accepted there and was also accepted at Tech, and according to the person who just posted recently, it does look like TTU has started sending out rejections, and I am not sure if they are still interviewing or not. Don't give up yet!

Does anyone have any advice or know how the interview is set up for UNT? I have an interview there on January 10th. Thanks in advance!

How do we know what number we are on the waitlist?
You could try calling them? I know some schools that give out that info and some that don't. Doesn't hurt to try!