This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an acceptance offer from UTHSCSA off the waitlist today at 2:50pm. However on one of the forms they sent me requires me to submit within 3 days with my response by Jan. 22nd. Has anyone who’s gotten off the waitlist have this issue??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got accepted to UTEP this morning and I will be attending!

Reactions: 3 users
I was also accepted into UTEP this morning! Is there a group chat for the Class of 2023 yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't mean to offend. I may very well be going to the wrong places! Juarez tacos are great so there must be some of that in EP. Recommend some, please! :)

So far my favorite is Taqueria Ajiji as it tastes the most like the Tamaulipas influence on meat prep recipes/cuts that we have back home. I haven't been yet but I assume Tamaulipas Tacos will be similar, too.

Second tacos on my list are maybe at Fat Bear or Chinampa for the value, but I'm not a fan of Toro Bronco, El Cometa, L&Js. Don Cuco's is real decent.

And also, I should clarify that I feel El Paso trumps South Texas on a few things: gorditas, chile verde, breweries. I also feel confident that I can enter any place and have great burritos like at Crisóstomo, Lucky, or Rafa's, but I just haven't yet been convinced about tacos.

Again though, I didn't mean to offend. Personal preference involving too many variables I suppose!
LOOOL, you must be eating at the wrong restaurants if you think our tacos are trash....

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using SDN mobile

Friend got in to Angelo State U off the wait list today!

Anyone know if there is a facebook group for Angelo State's class of 2023?

Hey, it's all good. It's a long time until May. Our class president didn't get accepted until mid May. He withdrew from NMSU DPT and accepted his spot at UTEP.

Things have a funny way of working out. Perhaps it's representative hueristics or whatnot but I do feel that people at UTEP are truly meant to be there. I know that sounds really crunchy and borderline spiritual but it's true. Our admission committee does a good job of weaving together people that will fit together, complementing weaknesses with strengths and unifying us through our differences. I hope you get to be here. El Paso is a special place! Good luck
Waitlisted at UTEP sigh

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted at UTEP sigh
I feel you. Got the same waitlist email too tonight. Guess I’ll have to stick to UCSF. Was hoping to get out of California for a bit

Just got an acceptance offer from UTHSCSA off the waitlist today at 2:50pm. However on one of the forms they sent me requires me to submit within 3 days with my response by Jan. 22nd. Has anyone who’s gotten off the waitlist have this issue??
Hey! Congrats, I got off the waitlist last week too and I freaked out about that also. I called Patricia and she said that’s a typo. You have three business days from when your acceptance email is received to send all your forms and deposit in!!

Hey, it's all good. It's a long time until May. Our class president didn't get accepted until mid May. He withdrew from NMSU DPT and accepted his spot at UTEP.

Things have a funny way of working out. Perhaps it's representative hueristics or whatnot but I do feel that people at UTEP are truly meant to be there. I know that sounds really crunchy and borderline spiritual but it's true. Our admission committee does a good job of weaving together people that will fit together, complementing weaknesses with strengths and unifying us through our differences. I hope you get to be here. El Paso is a special place! Good luck

I appreciate the kind words. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Congrats, I got off the waitlist last week too and I freaked out about that also. I called Patricia and she said that’s a typo. You have three business days from when your acceptance email is received to send all your forms and deposit in!!
Awesome!! Also congrats to you as well! Do you happen to know if there’s any forums or group chats for people attending UTHSCSA? Hopefully we get to meet each other at orientation! :)

Didn't mean to offend. I may very well be going to the wrong places! Juarez tacos are great so there must be some of that in EP. Recommend some, please! :)

So far my favorite is Taqueria Ajiji as it tastes the most like the Tamaulipas influence on meat prep recipes/cuts that we have back home. I haven't been yet but I assume Tamaulipas Tacos will be similar, too.

Second tacos on my list are maybe at Fat Bear or Chinampa for the value, but I'm not a fan of Toro Bronco, El Cometa, L&Js. Don Cuco's is real decent.

And also, I should clarify that I feel El Paso trumps South Texas on a few things: gorditas, chile verde, breweries. I also feel confident that I can enter any place and have great burritos like at Crisóstomo, Lucky, or Rafa's, but I just haven't yet been convinced about tacos.

Again though, I didn't mean to offend. Personal preference involving too many variables I suppose!

Tamaulipas on Rojas best tacos in El Paso no cap. Equally or better than most places in Juarez

Awesome!! Also congrats to you as well! Do you happen to know if there’s any forums or group chats for people attending UTHSCSA? Hopefully we get to meet each other at orientation! :)
I got an email last week asking to fill out a questionnaire so they could start pairing us up with our big!! It also mentioned there should be a follow up email about joining a Facebook group for us soon :)

Tamaulipas on Rojas best tacos in El Paso no cap. Equally or better than most places in Juarez
That's what I've heard. I'm excited. Chihuahua's regional differences are more than fine in my book, but I am eager to have Tamaulipas style again since that's I'm use to back home. Since both states are in northern Mexico, I didn't think much difference could exist, but I was wrong. Juarez food is great though and if Tamaulipas Tacos is a taste of Tamaulipas in EP then dang it I will stay in El Paso till I die. I love this place.

I feel you. Got the same waitlist email too tonight. Guess I’ll have to stick to UCSF. Was hoping to get out of California for a bit
We have a guy here from OC. I'm sure he'd love to have someone to chat about Cali with!

Do you know anything about the waitlist?
is UNTHSC your #1 ?
When I asked about my position they told me that they do not rank, instead they review all applications once a seat becomes available. UNTHSC is my #1 choice so ill be attending there this summer.

We have a guy here from OC. I'm sure he'd love to have someone to chat about Cali with!
Well I received an email accepting me to UTEP after the super bowl. So looks like I might be going to Texas after all

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone been moved off Texas Tech’s waitlist recently?

After interviews with Baylor and Incarnate Word, I got wait-listed for both:/

Anyone who is currently on the waitlist for TXST and lives in the Austin area, I have a unique PT Tech job opportunity for y’all.

This particular job is special because you will have the unique opportunity of working closely with a group of outstanding PTs who have close connections with TXST.
You’d also gain valuable hands-on learning experience in orthopedic manual physical therapy from multiple (5) PTs whom have completed a fellowship in orthopedic manual therapy from the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual through The Manual Therapy Institute in Austin as well as the privilege of working along side 3 other PTs currently working on completing their fellowship.

Austin Manual Therapy Associates is currently looking for individual(s) interested in a full-time PT Tech position for their Far West location. Applicants must be willing to start on a voluntary probationary period as a volunteer to determine if you are a good fit for the clinic as well as to determine if the clinic is a good fit for you.

If this opportunity is something you would be interested in please email your resume to the Clinic Director, Dr. Leeda Rasoulian at [email protected]

Congrats, that's exciting!! I plan on attending Texas Tech as well so I'll be looking forward to meeting future classmates. :)
Is there an online chat or forum for incoming students? I want to get to know everyone before school starts and maybe find a roommate! :)

Congrats to those who got in, best of luck to those still waiting.

I don’t frequent the prept boards frequently, but if any of you uthscsa peeps have questions feel free to DM me.

Is there an online chat or forum for incoming students? I want to get to know everyone before school starts and maybe find a roommate! :)
I have not seen an official chat for incoming students yet! Maybe a Facebook group will be created soon, hopefully we'll get some more information. :)

Just got off the waitlist at TWU DAllas earlier this morning!

There’s still hope for those who are on the waitlist. Decisions that were once confirmed and unwavering are now being affected due to the evolving circumstances with the pandemic we’re up against. Has anyone heard anything about any DPT universities establishing academic coursework online during the summer term?

I was told that UMHB would be doing one last round of interviews in March, does anyone know if that happened/is still happening with everything that is going on?

I was told that UMHB would be doing one last round of interviews in March, does anyone know if that happened/is still happening with everything that is going on?
Bell county is under a shelter in place order, so if it has not occurred yet it most likely will not happen.

I got off the wait-list for UIW today and accepted my seat! :D

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! I guess I will be seeing you in June
Hi!

I'm thinking of applying to ASU next year. Do you mind sharing the stats that got you in? If not, no worries.