Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an credentials evaluation form several days ago and it stated that my PCAT scores had not arrived before the deadline, but I took the January 2008 PCAT. I already emailed them back telling them that I had taken the January 2008 PCAT but I have not heard back from them. This totally sucks because I dont think I am going to get an interview due to this. Did anyone encounter this problem? If you did let me know.

A&M is really slow in responding to emails, thts what i hv learned frm my experience. Its much better to call them to clear your question.

It takes 6 weeks for your PCAT score to arrive usually. Have u recieved a score reportyet, if you have then the scores should have reached A&M too.

Members don't see this ad.

I also got an interview for that date but I don't know if I should go since I already got my acceptance letter from UH :)D). I feel I will be wasting their time because I know I am not going there. And I have to tell them by tomorrow...:confused:
If you already got your acceptance somewhere else, and you KNOW you are going to go there, then you should decline the interview. Its a waste of your time and theirs. Besides maybe they will replace you with someone who hasn't already been accepted to pharmacy school.

Interview on Feb 28th AHHHH! :)
excited excited :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
A&M is really slow in responding to emails, thts what i hv learned frm my experience. Its much better to call them to clear your question.

It takes 6 weeks for your PCAT score to arrive usually. Have u recieved a score reportyet, if you have then the scores should have reached A&M too.

No, I am still pending my scores to arrive in the mail, but they should be here soon, but I dont think they will evaluate my application again, but I will try to contact they by phone to see what can be done.

I decided to decline their invitation for interview. Good luck to all of you, guys!:)

umm okay so did anyone else get that e-mail with the missing credentials? because i got one a month ago that said i was missing some classes and a LOR. Since then, i have sent in the missing LOR and e-mailed Patricia telling her that i was finishing the pre-reqs in the summer or was currently in them. i never got a response from that e-mail. they sent me another e-mail today saying that i'm still missing those classes. the e-mail seemed to be the same generated one because it said to submit everything by February 1st... it's wayyy past February 1st. i can't find where on the website it has her phone number because i dont know how else to tell her my situation. plus i feel like it's way too late anyways and since they've already sent out interview letters and obviously mine wasn't reviewed....

same thing happen to me too. they will review your file even your LOR and some classes are not in. call them as soon as possible: 361-593-4271. A&M requires two LOR from professors, one from anyone else. if your professors do not have an PHD, they probably will not accept it.

umm okay so did anyone else get that e-mail with the missing credentials? because i got one a month ago that said i was missing some classes and a LOR. Since then, i have sent in the missing LOR and e-mailed Patricia telling her that i was finishing the pre-reqs in the summer or was currently in them. i never got a response from that e-mail. they sent me another e-mail today saying that i'm still missing those classes. the e-mail seemed to be the same generated one because it said to submit everything by February 1st... it's wayyy past February 1st. i can't find where on the website it has her phone number because i dont know how else to tell her my situation. plus i feel like it's way too late anyways and since they've already sent out interview letters and obviously mine wasn't reviewed....

same thing happen to me too. they will review your file even your LOR and some classes are not in. call them as soon as possible: 361-593-4271. A&M requires two LOR from professors, one from anyone else. if your professors do not have an PHD, they probably will not accept it.

hey thanks for the number! so you mean u got the e-mail twice too?
because i got it a month ago and again today which i thought was really weird.

ps i think i saw u on the UH thread, i'll prob see u on the 19th!

actually, I got the e-mail three times. the first was a month again, the second one was last week, the third one was this week. the last e-mail is to confirm they received everything. Good Luck to us On the 19th!!!

hey thanks for the number! so you mean u got the e-mail twice too?
because i got it a month ago and again today which i thought was really weird.

ps i think i saw u on the UH thread, i'll prob see u on the 19th!

When I got the email about the missing classes, I called and asked them about it. They said it was something they send out as a notice to all applicants, they know you might take them summer or whenever, but they send them out just to keep their books straight. So no worries if you know you will take care of them before you actually start Pharmacy school. But no sciences allowed in the summer, so make sure you get those knocked out this semester.

For those of you that interviewed already or will be next week, what have you heard about it? Do they grill you or is it laid back?

Hi, new to the forum. It's good to see that I'm not the only one agonizing over this process and can get advice etc.

So, I just got an interview on March 6th? Can anyone give me a heads up on how to prepare and what to expect from TAMU?

Thanks in advance!!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to their website and under pros. students there are some interview questions
GL!

get this back to the top of the first page

did anyone else get any news this weekend or today?
I am gonna assume that they wont send any new invites out until after the first weekend of interviews.
so maybe I'll get something next week.

how many people are really trying to get in these schools?? I see most of the same names getting interviews at all the texas schools here. I am also one who sent to most schools, but it seems like they are interviewing all the same people.

I have an interview at Kingsville on Feb 29, anyone going to Kingsville on Thursday afternoon from Austin?

did anyone else get any news this weekend or today?
I am gonna assume that they wont send any new invites out until after the first weekend of interviews.
so maybe I'll get something next week.

how many people are really trying to get in these schools?? I see most of the same names getting interviews at all the texas schools here. I am also one who sent to most schools, but it seems like they are interviewing all the same people.

I did get an interview for Friday Feb. 29th at 2pm, BUT, this is my FIRST Texas school interview and trust me, I sent out my fair share of apps. to Tx schools. It does seem like the same general people are getting interviews, but don't worry, after this weekend and within March, I think everyone will hear more. :D (it's what I tell myself at least).

Generally speaking the SDN regulars are more likely to be on top of things and have gotten there apps in earlier. For instance, Tech has only done Early decision interviews. Also some of those getting a lot of interviews are also really strong applicants... go back and look at their PCAT and other creds... of course multiple schools want to interview them.

Lastly I'll say that at my Tech - Abilene interview I know of only 1 other person there among the 25 or so interviewing who is a member of these forums. Im guessing that surely at least 75% of those interviewed on that day are not members here... so... you cant say that because 5-10 of the members here have multiple interviews that all the schools are only interviewing the same people.

I say toughen up a little... its competitive out there... good luck to all.

One of my professor is M.D instead of Ph.D and I send my letter in around January. Until now they keep telling me that the letter is missing so I ask them if the letter is not qualify they would let me know and they said yes. This is the second time my professor is sending those letter and they still haven't received it. OMG, this is so frustrating because it's delaying my application process. Anyone have any suggestion? Anyone know how many rounds of interview A&M have left?:(

i will fax the LOR in (that is what did). and call them right after you fax in to confirm it. make sure he/she put you LOR in your file after they receive it by sending you a updated e-mail.

One of my professor is M.D instead of Ph.D and I send my letter in around January. Until now they keep telling me that the letter is missing so I ask them if the letter is not qualify they would let me know and they said yes. This is the second time my professor is sending those letter and they still haven't received it. OMG, this is so frustrating because it's delaying my application process. Anyone have any suggestion? Anyone know how many rounds of interview A&M have left?:(

Good Luck To All Those Who Have An Interview Today!!!! :)

Howdy,

I finished interviewing today and thought i'd share some info about the process:

The entire thing last about 2 hours. There is a 20 minute writing assignment and a 30 min interview. At the end a couple of pharm students are available to answer questions.

re interview itself: there are 2-4 ppl interviewing you. My interviewers were really nice and laid back. The interview lasts exactly 30 min, so if the questions wrap before then, be prepared to make some small talk with the interviewers. TAMU times the interview.

The writing part is easy and all they want to see is that you can write--use correct grammar, etc.

Patricia makes a big deal out of smiling and greeting your interviewers warmly and having a firm handshake, which is a little weird. If you haven't gotten those basic things figured out by now, then you're not doing so well.

Overall, it went really well. my advice is to just relax, smile a lot, and be yourself. Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice shew,

Does anyone else think ut prepharmacy and enchanted should start their own forum just for people who are still trying to get in application materials ridiculously late and want to complain to each other back and forth with poor tense and grammar usage? Maybe they could use I still apply a month later almost as a title?

THANKS SO MUCH SHEWPHARM!!!! I have my tomorrow =X

Lastly I'll say that at my Tech - Abilene interview I know of only 1 other person there among the 25 or so interviewing who is a member of these forums.

That reminds me...

At one point early in the UT thread, we were wondering why there were so few of us posting about interviews and such. After the first set of acceptances came out, a few people suddenly created accounts for the sole purpose of making posts to congratulate themselves. Oh yeah, they also made one more post to advertise their facebook group for the class of 2012.

I don't mean to be a sore applicant or anything, but it bugs me that some people could never create an account to contribute anything. All of this time and they never asked questions, answered questions, or gave comments.

I don't expect people to post all the time or anything, but the fact that they bothered to create accounts just for that says something about their character, in my opinion.

That reminds me...

At one point early in the UT thread, we were wondering why there were so few of us posting about interviews and such. After the first set of acceptances came out, a few people suddenly created accounts for the sole purpose of making posts to congratulate themselves. Oh yeah, they also made one more post to advertise their facebook group for the class of 2012.

I don't mean to be a sore applicant or anything, but it bugs me that some people could never create an account to contribute anything. All of this time and they never asked questions, answered questions, or gave comments.

I don't expect people to post all the time or anything, but the fact that they bothered to create accounts just for that says something about their character, in my opinion.

yea i kinda agree but you're going to get that when you have a forum like this. sux if u ask me. but the thing i hate the most is when ppl create multiple accounts and go on forums to bash schools.. makin up stuff to discourage applicants from interviewing/accepting offers. in my opinion, those are the ppl that really have it messed up. scary to think that those same ppl may be pharmacists one day =(

Dear Robertzimmerman,

I am sorry about my grammar mistake, I will try to do better next time. Second, I did not complain. I just want to help other students here, since people have helped me here in SDN. If you want to make fun of people, I don't think this is a good place for you.

Does anyone else think ut prepharmacy and enchanted should start their own forum just for people who are still trying to get in application materials ridiculously late and want to complain to each other back and forth with poor tense and grammar usage? Maybe they could use I still apply a month later almost as a title?

Awesome! Thanks, man.

Howdy,

I finished interviewing today and thought i'd share some info about the process:

The entire thing last about 2 hours. There is a 20 minute writing assignment and a 30 min interview. At the end a couple of pharm students are available to answer questions.

re interview itself: there are 2-4 ppl interviewing you. My interviewers were really nice and laid back. The interview lasts exactly 30 min, so if the questions wrap before then, be prepared to make some small talk with the interviewers. TAMU times the interview.

The writing part is easy and all they want to see is that you can write--use correct grammar, etc.

Patricia makes a big deal out of smiling and greeting your interviewers warmly and having a firm handshake, which is a little weird. If you haven't gotten those basic things figured out by now, then you're not doing so well.

Overall, it went really well. my advice is to just relax, smile a lot, and be yourself. Good Luck!

Howdy,

Thanks for the info...good luck!

Very fun way to spend an afternoon... i know the essay was only about grammar and such... but I wish we had more time... I dont like leaving things half finished.

The interview was very relaxed.

who in here has an interview date on the 7th? I had mine switched from the 6th to the 7th

I applied way before the due date. They keep sending the evaluation form saying I'm missing my recommendation letter and my professor keep sending them. They finally receive it today! Sorry if my bad grammars bother you because English is not my first languate. I'm actually glad there are nicer people around here!

No offense anyone... and that's all I have to say about that.

interview was pretty good. i think overall it went well but i'm kinda disappointed. i would've expected them to sell us the school/program (why we should pick them over others) but they didn't really do that. no tour ---> definitely unexpected and pretty disappointing

I applied way before the due date. They keep sending the evaluation form saying I'm missing my recommendation letter and my professor keep sending them. They finally receive it today! Sorry if my bad grammars bother you because English is not my first languate. I'm actually glad there are nicer people around here!

I am certainly one of them~~;)
Good to hear you finally make it~~~~:thumbup:

who in here has an interview date on the 7th? I had mine switched from the 6th to the 7th

I also wanted to reschedule my interview from 6th to 20th....do you think I can still do that now or is it too late?:confused:

I also wanted to reschedule my interview from 6th to 20th....do you think I can still do that now or is it too late?:confused:

I would call ASAP, the only reason mine got changed was because some else yesterday called and needed to switch their interview as well. When i originally talked Christi, she wasn't able to change it at first she had to call me back 2 hours later. call on monday if at all possible! i would try tomorrow just in case she is in her office.

I would call ASAP, the only reason mine got changed was because some else yesterday called and needed to switch their interview as well. When i originally talked Christi, she wasn't able to change it at first she had to call me back 2 hours later. call on monday if at all possible! i would try tomorrow just in case she is in her office.

Did you tell her the reason for changing the interview date? I want mine changed because i want to prepare more during Spring Break.

Did you tell her the reason for changing the interview date? I want mine changed because i want to prepare more during Spring Break.

I had a micro lab mid term that could not be made up. If thats the only reason you want to swap, i dont think they would give you another option.

haha i think you took my 9 am spot, right?

hey Party,
did you already get into TSU? is this just a back up just in case?

for those of you who had interviews also, where they the usual questions too?

comments on the negative comments. I think we are all just a little stressed out here, no one needs to take anything personal. I think we are all here to help each other out, besides some of us are going to be classmates if not coworkers one day.
Keep your head up guys!

haha i think you took my 9 am spot, right?

mine got changed to 1pm on the 7th, originally i had 1030 am on the 6th when is your interview now? is 9am the first interview time?

Party Kiki
I didnt mean to sound short on my last reply... i was half asleep when i wrote it. If you call to get it changed, I would not say the reason you want to change is to have more time..I would say something else. Also when I called on Friday, they kind of harped on me for not calling earlier.. the only reason i waited was because my lab coordinator was diddy daddlying about my request to take the midterm on another day. Did you try calling today? if they are not in the office be sure to call on monday pronto because maybe someone else had a conflict with a later interview date and they need to swap too :D

hey Party,

for those of you who had interviews also, where they the usual questions too?

comments on the negative comments. I think we are all just a little stressed out here, no one needs to take anything personal. I think we are all here to help each other out, besides some of us are going to be classmates if not coworkers one day.
Keep your head up guys!

Very well put RXdoctor!!!

mine got changed to 1pm on the 7th, originally i had 1030 am on the 6th when is your interview now? is 9am the first interview time?

Party Kiki
I didnt mean to sound short on my last reply... i was half asleep when i wrote it. If you call to get it changed, I would not say the reason you want to change is to have more time..I would say something else. Also when I called on Friday, they kind of harped on me for not calling earlier.. the only reason i waited was because my lab coordinator was diddy daddlying about my request to take the midterm on another day. Did you try calling today? if they are not in the office be sure to call on monday pronto because maybe someone else had a conflict with a later interview date and they need to swap too :D

From Feb 29th at 9am to March 7 at 4pm
Looks like I'll see you there!

hey Party,

hehe...it's nice to have options....:D
Just wanna try if I can get in...
I would still go to every interview just to have an experience even though I got accepted to one school ...