Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knickerbocker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got a problem... The deadline is coming up, and they say that I have an issue that keeps me from having everything completed.

They say that I am missing a class. However, I am currently enrolled in it this semester. Does anyone know what I need to do?

I emailed them Friday afternoon, so I won't find out until Monday. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I've got a problem... The deadline is coming up, and they say that I have an issue that keeps me from having everything completed.

They say that I am missing a class. However, I am currently enrolled in it this semester. Does anyone know what I need to do?

I emailed them Friday afternoon, so I won't find out until Monday. :(

I'm taking comp II and art history this semester...I wonder how that is going to affect my application. They have not contacted me about the possibility that I might not have my application completed because of this...

I'm taking comp II and art history this semester...I wonder how that is going to affect my application. They have not contacted me about the possibility that I might not have my application completed because of this...

They are supposed to email you a list that shows what they do/don't have for you. Did you get some kind of confirmation from them when you sent everything in?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the same problem, they told me that the application is still going to be reviewed as long as you finish everything before 2008 Fall (science before the summer as usual)

When I first saw this thread, I thought someone has gotten an interview invite from A & M. I freaked out! But same here, my checklist is still unchecked for the class completion but the advisor said it would be ok.

This is straight off the TAMHSC website:

"You have until the end of Summer II to complete your prerequisites for admission in the fall pharmacy program. You do not need to have all of your prerequisites completed in order to apply"

I got an email saying that I haven't taken like 3 classes. I emailed them back and asked if I will still be considered for an interview. She said that she would send my application to the Admissions Committee to be reveiwed anyways. I don't think any of you should worry though unless you got an email specifically stating that your application will not be sent to the Admissions Committee.

As far as the interviews go, we're just going to have to sit tight for a while. Texas A&M won't be sending invitations until the last week of February and/or the first week of March. Interviews will be conducted throughout the month of March and maybe early April. So just sit tight guys!!!!

haha, i'm taking piano to cover the extra fine art credit.

I'm going with Painting and History of Rock and Roll on the Art credits.

I'm on campus at Texas A&M - Kingsville and I think the reason they sent the email like that was so we would make sure to plan our schedules to get that stuff done.

i also take history of rock and roll !!! with "ron schermerhorn".......interesting!

I was planning to take art hist II this summer..hope its ok with em. And what is comp II..computer science? Do they require tht :confused:

I was planning to take art hist II this summer..hope its ok with em. And what is comp II..computer science? Do they require tht :confused:

I think it's english composition II. If I'm not mistaken TSU is the only school in Texas that requires computer science.

Well, I hope everything is ok because they never responded to me and tomorrow is the deadline.

Did you hear back from them?
Im also "incomplete" too and haven't heard back about if my rec letters came in on time...

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I never heard back from them. I have no idea where my standing is with them. I almost feel like they took my $100 and ran :mad:

I'd hate to start a rumor, but I heard from a non creditable source that the application pool this year for A&M was deficient. Can that even happen? Go fromo 700+ applicants to not enough? I'd love if someone could clarify that for all of us!

I'd hate to start a rumor, but I heard from a non creditable source that the application pool this year for A&M was deficient. Can that even happen? Go fromo 700+ applicants to not enough? I'd love if someone could clarify that for all of us!

"For the fall 2006 class the College received 575 applications for 76 seats."
"For the fall 2007 class the College received 604 applications for 77 seats."

Sounds like a rumor that has been distorted as it has been passed from person to person.

I have heard from the mouth of the Associate Dean in charge of admissions that they are looking at accepting 80 this year. Theres no way that they wouldn't have 80 "acceptable" applicants. A&M is on everyones application list (even if only as a backup). The school has only become more well known as more years have passed without incident (usually people are concerned about startup programs for the first couple of years). There are probably 80 applying from SDN alone.

Has anyone heard anything from Kingsville because I never received an email from them. I wanted to know if they had received everything I sent in but I guess I have to wait. :confused:

Has anyone heard anything from Kingsville because I never received an email from them. I wanted to know if they had received everything I sent in but I guess I have to wait. :confused:

They seemed to have become unresponsive as of a couple weeks ago. I too wish that I knew if everything was ok and if I had a chance or not.

Bob Dylan said that he attends the school at Kingsville. Maybe he can tell us something.

I haven't talked to anyone... but from what I know about their process... the deadline was Fri Feb 1. The admissions committee probably met last week to decide who to invite for interviews (I'd guess they did this on Thurs/Fri when it was less busy and all the "postmarked by" applications all had a chance to arrive).

Then their staff has to prepare all the envelopes and invitation letters... (maybe in the mail... maybe mailed today or tomorrow?)

I think they may also send and email simultaneously with the mailing... I don't know where I read/heard that.

But... their website shows interview dates starting February 28-29 so you have to assume they'll let us know something soon...

as to harr's concern about not getting a "we got your packet" email like most of us who applied earlier got... not only is it too late to turn in something if they didn't get it, but also, in the time it takes to review your packet and prepare that email... they are probably better off reviewing your packet and sending you and interview email.

Has anyone heard from TAMU yet?! The first interview dates are less than two weeks away. I can't believe the school isn't sending out invites sooner. This isn't giving people a lot of time to change their plans to come to the interviews.....argh!

according to the school's silly website, interview dates are 2/28-29, 3/6-7, 3/20.

TAMU is my first choice, so my britches are in knots over it now.

it's tomorrow they will send email notification for interview's invitations...so keep all your finger crossed! :)

Where do u get all that information from? I tried looking for the interview dates online, but I couldn't find them.

Where do u get all that information from? I tried looking for the interview dates online, but I couldn't find them.

http://pharmacy.tamhsc.edu/

The interview dates are in a picture on the right side of the page.

I don't know where they got the information about invitations going out, though. Maybe they emailed A&M about it?

Ahh, thanks... I would have never seen that little box.

I called Texas A&M pharmacy school yest, and they said that everyone should have a notification saying that they hv recieved all the documents by next week...they still hv some applicant inputing to do at this time..thts wht they said...:luck:

I think one of my profs who wrote recommendatin letter sent it after feb 1, does any one know if thtz going to be a problem? I saw feb 15th as the deadline somewhere too :confused:

so I heard from a TAMU preceptor that the school is busy processing late applications and will "hopefully" send out interview invites next monday. I also heard that the way they determine who gets interviewed on what day is completely randomized. so unlike other schools, who interview their favorite prospective students first (or as those applications come in), a really great candidate could have to wait until March 20 to interview.

In my opinion, if this information is true, this is a completely screwed up application process. By March 20, the really great students will have probably already been accepted by UTAustin, Tech, and U of H, leaving TAMU with a smaller, less outstanding pool of students from which to choose. If TAMU wants to get the really great students, they need to have an application process that accepts students sooner, before those students have to commit to other schools.

I just got an interview,
too bad its the same day as the UH one

I just got an interview for Feb 28 at 2:30 pm!!!

So my information in my previous post was incorrect and I apologize if I freaked anyone out about it.

I'm super excited about the interview and I hope other people hear about interviews soon.

p.s. I have an interview for UofH the 22nd.

hooray for TAMU and Kingsville and South Texas Pharmacy Programs!!! YEEEEE!!!!!!

Looks like A&M doesn't like me. Oh well. I was expecting this, since they would never respond about my status. I want my $100 back!

I Got An Interview For The 29th At 4:00 Pm!!!!

Was it a mass emailing? What was the time the message was sent to you guys?

Looks like A&M doesn't like me. Oh well. I was expecting this, since they would never respond about my status. I want my $100 back!

I guess you're not the only one they didn't like. I didn't get any invitation either. :confused:

I received an email at 9 PM today. It's not an mass email. They actually send you an attached invitation letter with your name on it signed by the Dean so it's personalized. From what it looks like, I think they've only sent out February interviews but I could be wrong. It just seems like everyone who has gotten an interview so far (on this forum and some of my friends) are either going on the 28th or 29th. Someone check up on this tho cuz i'm not certain.

Congrats to ShewPharm, Tx08CPhT, and OrllY!!!!! Yea I've got an interview for in Florida the day before =X

I guess you're not the only one they didn't like. I didn't get any invitation either. :confused:

Hmm... I may have hope then. From what I gather, you are a great candidate that schools really want to interview.

I'm not saying that I'm a superb candidate, but seeing that one didn't get invited probably means that more invitations are coming out some time soon.

i just got an email for an interview at A&M on Feb 29 at 10:30 am!! yay! (hi, partykiki and ethyl methyl...)

i just got an email for an interview at A&M on Feb 29 at 10:30 am!! yay! (hi, partykiki and ethyl methyl...)

Cool...when did you get it? why dun I have one?:confused: Good Luck

i just got an email at around 6:30 tonight saying that my history and politics classes are over the five year rule.. has anyone else heard of this? I know for math and sciences they usually need to be five years or sooner,but history and politics as far as what we learn usually don't change too drastically. I am really worried now that i see people are getting interviews and I am just now getting an email about my application not being "complete"

i just got an email at around 6:30 tonight saying that my history and politics classes are over the five year rule.. has anyone else heard of this? I know for math and sciences they usually need to be five years or sooner,but history and politics as far as what we learn usually don't change too drastically. I am really worried now that i see people are getting interviews and I am just now getting an email about my application not being "complete"

that's weird, cuz my science prereqs are more than 5 yrs old, and they still accepted mine...i didn't know they had that rule until after i sent in my app, so i thought they wouldn't consider me, but since i got an interview, then they may have made an exception in my case...i don't know...

I had emailed them a while back with a similar problem. They told me that my old classes would be fine if I would have my degree completed before the fall I intend to enter pharmacy school.

When I received their evaluation thing last month, it had a number of issues for my courses. I tried emailing them back a couple times, but they never responded.

I never did find out if I am ok or not with them. Considering that I didn't get an invitation today, I'm thinking perhaps not.

I'm just so worried now, I called and left a message for Patricia and then i also emailed her, but i know i am not even going to get a response until monday if not later! Im hoping it was just a generated message and that they will still hopefully consider me.

The agony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are only Feb's interview invitations out so far? I haven't received any emails from A&m yet! My prereqs have only 1 hour owed from Music/Art...I intend to take Drawing in summer I if going to TexasA&M pharm school...I don't know if I have to be complete everything in order to get into interview process....now, i just pray that they still send emails out for March's interview dates next week....anyway, good luck for everybody!​

Are only Feb's interview invitations out so far? I haven't received any emails from A&m yet! My prereqs have only 1 hour owed from Music/Art...I intend to take Drawing in summer I if going to TexasA&M pharm school...I don't know if I have to be complete everything in order to get into interview process....now, i just pray that they still send emails out for March's interview dates next week....anyway, good luck for everybody!​

I think that you are right - it looks like maybe March 6/7 and 20th invitations haven't been sent yet. Ok, I'm not going to give up yet.

hey all,
just wanted to say I am one of the many applicants who sent my stuff a while ago and only got a confimation so far. No interview yet, I only hope to hear something soon.

Also, does anyone know where A&M currently sits with accreditation? I trust the A&M system to get it, but would they have it by the time the first class graduates?

My interview is for Friday the 29th at 4:00 PM.

Knick... the way accreditation works is in steps. First you show that you have a building and staff, then you admit your first students, etc.

A&M has completed every step for accreditation except for the last one... a school is not fully accredited until the moment the first graduate walks across the stage... really dramatic right?

Officially their classification is "Candidate for Accreditation Status" http://www.acpe-accredit.org/students/programs.asp#tx

Hope this helps...