Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my friend, who is current student in A&M pharmacy school told me A&M is interviewing 150 students, and accepting 90 students this year. I got an invitation of interview on Feb. 29th 1:00pm. Good Luck, everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

so A&M has started sending out invites too!!!!!!!

I hvnt even heard about my status from them yet, i just hope they got all my application docs and LOR's in time :scared:

GOOD LUCK TO all u guys getting interviewd on 28th and 29th :luck:

my friend, who is current student in A&M pharmacy school told me A&M is interviewing 150 students, and accepting 90 students this year. I got an invitation of interview on Feb. 29th 1:00pm. Good Luck, everyone!

Wow that's a pretty high chance of getting in compared to some of the other schools where they interview about 300 students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Their website says they invite about a hundred students to interview. In the past they have accepted about 75-76 but they are planning to increase that number this semester (I have heard 80). One thing to remember is that some students in that interview group (100-150) will be accepted and go somewhere else. That makes your chances of being in that final group of 80-90 even better if you get an interview.

For instance if 15 (maybe more - just a guess) are accepted and decline then the interview pool of about 125 (average of our scouting reports) shrinks to 110 with about 85 (another average of our reports) getting in and staying in.

Has anyone got any invites in March? I am so worried that I won't be getting an interview!!~~:(

for example, if 90 out of the 150 students get accepted, and 15 out of 90 students who got accepted and decided to go somewhere else, the school will admit more students from the interview pool to make up 90 students or it just have 75 students in Fall semester?

Their website says they invite about a hundred students to interview. In the past they have accepted about 75-76 but they are planning to increase that number this semester (I have heard 80). One thing to remember is that some students in that interview group (100-150) will be accepted and go somewhere else. That makes your chances of being in that final group of 80-90 even better if you get an interview.

For instance if 15 (maybe more - just a guess) are accepted and decline then the interview pool of about 125 (average of our scouting reports) shrinks to 110 with about 85 (another average of our reports) getting in and staying in.

for example, if 90 out of the 150 students get accepted, and 15 out of 90 students who got accepted and decided to go somewhere else, the school will admit more students from the interview pool to make up 90 students or it just have 75 students in Fall semester?

I don't know for certain, but most schools would let 15 more in to get the class up to 90. That the other 15 people typically come from waitlists.

I talked to Patricia Gonzales today and she said that on the evaluations if the courses is the only thing you are lacking or it says the five year rule, that as long as your degreed at the time you start pharmacy school then it is waived. Also she said the second and third round interviews have not gone out yet

Ok so after all that worrying I was doing, and even calling and talking to Patricia today, I got an email a few moments ago for an interview on March 6

Yeah!! I got an interview on March 6.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hvnt even heard abt my status from them. So confused abt A&M!!

Me too. Well, I got a status report that an error on their part. I contacted them a couple times to ask about it, but they would never respond.

So if I don't get invited, I have no idea if it is because they didn't think I would be a good candidate or because they never fixed my problem.

Ethyl Methyl, i thought you got in UH already. Which one you prefer? UH or A&M?

I prefer UH. But since I applied to them too, I just want to know what happened to my application. Plus, I have not received the actual acceptance letter from UH yet. Just the email...I'm afraid it was all just a fluke.

hehehe... it wont be just a fluke. Congratulation again!!!!
what are people's top choice schools in Texas? is it true that people usually prefer UT, UH, Texas Tech over A&M? and why?

I prefer UH. But since I applied to them too, I just want to know what happened to my application. Plus, I have not received the actual acceptance letter from UH yet. Just the email...I'm afraid it was all just a fluke.

what are people's top choice schools in Texas? is it true that people usually prefer UT, UH, Texas Tech over A&M? and why?

UT and UH are considered the top choices for texas applicants. The reason why people are iffy about A&M is because they havent received their final accredition yet, and for a new school it has its own drawbacks like less experience in the field, but I am sure A&M will catch up in just a matter of few years.

hehehe... it wont be just a fluke. Congratulation again!!!!

Thank you. During this whole application process, I found out that once my initial anxiety is over, it just gets replace by another anxiety. I guess it never ends until the first day of pharmacy school. Then, self doubt will kick in (Did I make the right decision? Am I cut out for this?, etc.). Never mind me, I have a little OCD in me sometimes.

To answer your question, most people prefer UT, UH and Texas Tech over A&M simply because A&M is a new school and is still unaccredited. Once they earn their accreditation, more people will start considering A&M as their first choice.

Thank you, Smilingangel.

UT and UH are considered the top choices for texas applicants. The reason why people are iffy about A&M is because they havent received their final accredition yet, and for a new school it has its own drawbacks like less experience in the field, but I am sure A&M will catch up in just a matter of few years.

Ethyl Methyl, Thank you for all of your quick response.

I got an invite too on the 28th; too bad it's one day before my UH's. I am trying to change the date to the 6th. Hopefully this won't damper my chances of getting in. I wish I was among the first group of UH interviewees so that maybe by now I could be less worried about the whole process.

Knick, Ive seen your stats... if you dont get an interview here... I'm gonna assume one of your LORs wrote "I hate this guy and he smells"

I agree A&M will catch up soon... I'm certainly no Aggie or anything... its just they have good faculty and a nice facility... and a good network with all the other A&M HSC institutions.

My first choice is UIW b/c i live in San Antonio, and my life is here, but if for some reason I don't get an interview or get accepted at UIW, Kingsville is my second choice.

yes...I received an interview invitation from TAMU for March 7 @ 1pm...I just have a lil question for you all here to help me out...cuz I live in DFW, so i guess i'd better fly down there. Which airport is closest to Kingsville? Corpus Christi's intl airport is like 45mins away...:(

Got an interview for March 20th I'm really excited! Please keep me in your prayers:) it so weird I mailed my application on the last day (feb.1st).. Good luck to everyone with your interviews..

yes...I received an interview invitation from TAMU for March 7 @ 1pm...I just have a lil question for you all here to help me out...cuz I live in DFW, so i guess i'd better fly down there. Which airport is closest to Kingsville? Corpus Christi's intl airport is like 45mins away...:(
Congrats! You gotta let me know what the interview is like... I will have mine on the 20th of March at 4pm... kinda late for an interview I thought.

Yes Corpus is the closest airport... otherwise its a 6.5 hour or so drive from DFW. I make a 6.5 hour drive here from Jacksonville (south of Tyler) so its doable if you like driving.

Got the invitation today. It's on Mar 7 at 9am. Still have not decided whether I should go or not.

Got the invitation today. It's on Mar 7 at 9am. Still have not decided whether I should go or not.

oh...congrats:)!!! well..if you could come with me, that would be GREAT!!!

Has anyone got any invites in March? I am so worried that I won't be getting an interview!!~~:(

I got my interview invite a day ago and its for march 20, so no worries friend.

Thats pretty amazing that they are only interviewing 150 and taking like 90 of those applicants. I really want to go here, its my number one choice because I hate the houston area, Im from Austin and am sick and tired of UT and need a change, dont wanna go to a private school like UIC, but Tech would be my number 2 choice. What about yall, what are your preferences?

why sick and tired of UT? well, you have your reason. Good luck with everything!!!1

Thats pretty amazing that they are only interviewing 150 and taking like 90 of those applicants. I really want to go here, its my number one choice because I hate the houston area, Im from Austin and am sick and tired of UT and need a change, dont wanna go to a private school like UIC, but Tech would be my number 2 choice. What about yall, what are your preferences?

why sick and tired of UT? well, you have your reason. Good luck with everything!!!1

Honestly I just need a change. Being from ATX and having my family here has made me really dependent on them during my undergrad and I think its time to become independent and learn to do things like an adult. I really need a change of scenery, even though I bleed burnt orange, I really wanna leave Austin and come back after pharmacy school...would make me appreciate the best city in texas more!

I called in today to get a few more specifics about the interview and the lady told me they are interviewing 250 people and taking 90-100. Is this bs or are they reevaluating how many they want to interview?

250 sounds right, since they are probably getting more application than previous years. For those of you havent recieved interview invite, like myself, what day are you giving yourself to totally freak out. I am thinking March 5 for me. I didnt know they were filling up interview dates all the way til March 20 so fast. I figured I might be a later choice, but I hope they dont forget about me...

I got an credentials evaluation form several days ago and it stated that my PCAT scores had not arrived before the deadline, but I took the January 2008 PCAT. I already emailed them back telling them that I had taken the January 2008 PCAT but I have not heard back from them. This totally sucks because I dont think I am going to get an interview due to this. Did anyone encounter this problem? If you did let me know.

I got an credentials evaluation form several days ago and it stated that my PCAT scores had not arrived before the deadline, but I took the January 2008 PCAT. I already emailed them back telling them that I had taken the January 2008 PCAT but I have not heard back from them. This totally sucks because I dont think I am going to get an interview due to this. Did anyone encounter this problem? If you did let me know.

It takes over a month to receive your score. So i think are cutting it close, but who knows, if you did outstanding and they get it in time then you might be ok.

I dont think they will evaluate my application again. I guess i wont get an interview and have to wait until next year.

They really frown on the January PCATs. People try to cut it close every year and rarely ever are successful at making the deadline. If it's not in on time, I doubt they will accept. I think their website may have a warning about this.

I also got an interview for that date but I don't know if I should go since I already got my acceptance letter from UH :)D). I feel I will be wasting their time because I know I am not going there. And I have to tell them by tomorrow...:confused:

I called in today to get a few more specifics about the interview and the lady told me they are interviewing 250 people and taking 90-100. Is this bs or are they reevaluating how many they want to interview?

Yeah thats what they told me 250 interviews, and their taking 90-100

they are interviewing 250 students? my friend told me the dean of the school told them in their class that they are interviewing 150 students, and accepting 90 students. Maybe they get a lot more applicants, and decided to interview more.