Temple School of Pharmacy 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i sent my app in early october, interviewed early feb, and nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm...another great theory torn apart by cold, hard facts lol

How are your stats?

There is no one set way they look at apps. They interview around 300, accept two hundred. Three-hundred apps don't seem like a lot to me for a group of committee members.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no one set way they look at apps. They interview around 300, accept two hundred. Three-hundred apps don't seem like a lot to me for a group of committee members.
They interviewed 366 applicants in 2007 so I'd say the number is probably closer to 400 than 300 (since PharmCAS says 300+).

LBPharmD, assuming you get in, are you planning on choosing Temple over UF?

I can't make that assumption...

I think you might be right. I wish there was someone to confirm it though lol!

They accept ~150 students. Our class of 2012 is like 150-155 students.

So...I FINALLY heard back from them. waitlisted. Anyone know how many people they waitlist usually? In the e-mail it said that usually about 12-15 spots open up per year. Just trying to figure out what my chances are.

May I ask when did you receive their email? I am still waiting...

when was your interview pharmphanatic? mine was 2/10 and i'm still waiting.

So...I FINALLY heard back from them. waitlisted. Anyone know how many people they waitlist usually? In the e-mail it said that usually about 12-15 spots open up per year. Just trying to figure out what my chances are.

I finally heard back today too, waitlisted again, aarrggh. I had my interview 2/6. I know I wish they would let you know your chances as an alternate.

Interviewed March 27 accepted today(4/14)!!! whoo hoo!

Does anyone have any advice on where to live? apartment? dorm?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed March 27 accepted today(4/14)!!! whoo hoo!

Does anyone have any advice on where to live? apartment? dorm?

Congrates.....

I have the same question...wht is good- dorm or apt.?

Last edited:
I interviewed on 2/20 and I got the e-mail on 4/14 telling me I was waitlisted. But in the e-mail it said something about sending the deposit with all of the other paperwork. Does that mean we have to send the deposit just to be on the waitlist? I'm not sure I want to do that cause I have already been accepted to another school and I have a spot reserved there...I don't want to waste money holding a spot at Temple that I may never even get. Anyone know how that deposit works?

I interviewed 2/10 and just got accepted via e-mail 4/17!

I interviewed 2/26 and today 4/17 I am waitlisted.. bummer :(

I interviewed 2/26 and today 4/17 I am waitlisted.. bummer :(

You know, I just wish they put a little more effort in their rejection email. I mean at least I deserve a grammar free rejection email right? I did after all paid the supplemental fee! I rather get into Temple for locality reason , but I'm still going to be done in 4 years nonetheless. Good luck.

Waitlisted and I don't plan on sending in my deposit.

EDIT: Accepted but I will be declining my seat.

Last edited:
how many people get waitlisted each year.. and how many get in???
did any waitlisted ppl get in yet????

Hello,
I am an out of state student who got accepted to Temple. i was wondering is there any options to be considered as an in state student after a year or something. and are there any scholarship opportunities at Temple??

oh, I got another rejection today... I guess most likely I will go to Temple this fall. I am also a out-state student and anxious to know more about financial aid!!! It's really expensive for out-state students... Also, housing is a big problem too. welcome to talking with my future classmates~ I am trying to join the facebook group.

Last edited:
oh, I got another rejection today... I guess most likely I will go to Temple this fall. I am also a out-state student and anxious to know more about financial aid!!! It's really expensive for out-state students... Also, housing is a big problem too. welcome to talking with my future classmates~ I am trying to join the facebook group.
sorry to hear for your rejection today.
but temple is also good school for medical field.Yes maybe it wouldn't be my first choose but, you need to do,what you need to do right.

I just heard from them sunday night

Last edited:
Hi! I got my acceptance to Temple and am planning on attending this Fall. But I am really scared!! I live in California and I have no idea on what to do about housing. I've been looking on craigslist but it's really difficult to choose based on pictures and descriptions. Any suggestions?? :confused:

My friend wanted me to post on her behalf:
She is a Temple student looking to rent out her studio apartment located in Center City to a guy or girl starting in beginning of June. It is right near the subway, and a great location near all the stores and shopping.

You would be subletting from June until August, then you would be assuming her lease. It is fully furnished, and she will give you all her 1st year books.

PM me with your name and phone number where to contact you if interested. Thanks.

Temple sent me an email yesterday offering me an interview, I dont know if I should go because its so late in the application cycle. Does anyone know how many seats are available?

Heyy

i got accepted into pharmacy school this week.
i went to check the housing around there.. and cannot decide where to stay...
i wanted to know where everyone is planning to stay....

hey guys I m pretty sure, you guys have some idea.
or some of you guys did what I am about to ask.
I took some some elective courses at CC , like psy, english, comp , history.
but I want to take science courses at pharm. school?
do you guys know can I still apply to scchool? or do I have to finish the pre-requ. first?
thanks

Any suggestion for where to live?!?! I am a little bit scared of phili area...

i'm looking for a female roomate. PM me if you are interested in living around City Ave. it's about 15 minute commute from temple health science

Just curious - has anyone who applied for on-campus housing receive their room assignments yet? I haven't heard anything yet and I'm thinking I should probably start to look at other options... any feedback would help.

hi all, I am thinking to apply Temple this year.
I have a question about the electives (18-21 credits) ? I got my Bachelor.
So Bachelor holders can exempt from completing 9 elective credits.
I have total 9 elective credits -- I fullfilled foreign languages (6 credits) and art (3 credits). Am I ok to apply? Thanks

I got accepted about three weeks ago and was wondering if anyone could answer my question. What are the guidelines for getting in-state tuition? I am currently out of state and want to know how strict the rules are. I have rented an apartment in philly for the last 4 years but I don;t know if they want me to transfer my license and such.

Weirdest thing happened. I got an email said that my file was re-evaluated, now I am accepted.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Weirdest thing happened. I was rejected in April, and now I got an email said that my file was re-evaluated, now I'm on the "alternate list."

Any thoughts?

it seems that accepted applicants pulled out last minute because the school's huge increase in tuition that they are reconsidering the ones they rejected earlier.

--

Last edited:
--

Last edited:
I'm a PY2 and I'm looking for a female roomate. My apartment is about a 15 minute drive from temple pharmacy school. please message me if you are interested. move-in is august 1st.

I'm a PY2 and I'm looking for a female roomate. My apartment is about a 15 minute drive from temple pharmacy school. please message me if you are interested. move-in is august 1st.

off topic...
Parking passes, Are they worth it? Or is street parking ok? (best i've noticed was 16th and 17th sts)

off topic...
Parking passes, Are they worth it? Or is street parking ok? (best i've noticed was 16th and 17th sts)

DO NOT PARK ON THE STREET!! You will get fined $126. The Philadelphia Parking Authority people are hyenas. One time, I was only 5 minutes over the meter and they ticketed me anyway. Another time, I parked where I thought was a safe spot, BAM another $126 down the drain. I got four tickets in the last year on THS campus. Don't do it!! I tell you, DON'T DO IT!!! Parking is only 95 a month, it's so much safer and cheaper.

what's the deal with on campus housing? is it safe? are the conditions okay or is it a complete waste of money and I would be better off somewhere else off-campus?

Anyone completed the immunization record? What should I do with it?! Thanks!

Hey internPharmD,
A nurse at Temple told me if you have insurance and your insurance pays for the bloodwork... then get it done.. but if not, since it is quite pricey, just wait until school starts.

Good luck!

Hey, I will be attending Temple's SOP this fall as a P1. I am looking for a place to live. Orientation is the 7th so I was thinking on heading there the 5th & 6th to look around. Would it be possible to set up a date & time to check out your place? My email is [email protected]