Temple School of Pharmacy 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone have their interview today??

Members don't see this ad.

I thought it wasn't stressful at all. Just be yourself and relax.

Does anyone, who took pcat in Jan 24, 09, have an invitation letter for the interview? I am so so so nervous, and I can't concentrate on my studying now.

Does anyone, who took pcat in Jan 24, 09, have an invitation letter for the interview? I am so so so nervous, and I can't concentrate on my studying now.

I doubt it, I think they need to have the results from the PCAT before they invite you. Anyways don't worry they have interviews till late April...

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. I did the January pcat and my interview was late March. Study and try to do well this semester.

NY PHARM: how did you do on your pCAT?

Anyone interviewing on feb 17 at 11am?? Does anyone have any advice on what to WEAR? I was thinking black suit but, I figured everyone would wear that.

What were people wearing to the interview? thanks!:rolleyes:

Anything above 70th percentile is considered competitive. I had a good profile and excellent grades. On the Pharmcas website, I think Temple states that the lowest they consider is 50th percentile. Getting accepted is a combination of GPA, PCAT, and this special thing about you that they like during the interview. All schools are choosing the best students so make sure you do your best to increase your chances of getting into the pool.
Give it your best shot and think positive.

Last edited:
Anyone interviewing on feb 17 at 11am?? Does anyone have any advice on what to WEAR? I was thinking black suit but, I figured everyone would wear that.

What were people wearing to the interview? thanks!:rolleyes:

Everyone was in black suits, including the jacket. I had a woman in my interview group, and she wore a full suit, too, so it's not just the guys. You're good, don't worry.

not yet, had my interview 1 week ago. apparently its supposed to take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks...:( 1 week was a long wait, i cant even imagine 3-7 more...

Has anyone heard back from Temple yet?? I had my interview 2 weekends ago and havent heard anything from them yet.. I guess this should be understood since they said its going to take somewhere between 7 - 8 weeks...

OMG! i just got my acceptance from temple via email!:soexcited: I interviewed 2 weeks ago on Tuesday, Feb. 2nd and i wasn't expecting to hear back from them so fast! I got the email at 12:32 pm today from Joan Hankins of admissions. I only have 21 days to accept or reject the offer.

I really thought I was going to get rejected because I thought i totally bombed my interview.

Oh crap...i have to start making decisions again.

good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got mine too!!!!!!

I am soooooooooooooo excited!!!!! I interviewed on Feb 10th :D

Good luck to everyone else. Hope to see you all on Aug 7th, 2009!!!!! :cool:

Jdario86 and dougwell, what kinda stats did u guys have? GPA, PCAT, experience, etc...

I had an interview on feb 11th :xf:

i interviewed on the 11th also, now im nervousssss!

i interviewed on the 11th also, now im nervousssss!

what time was your interview? i was at 1pm... were u in my group?

im hoping we get something tomorrow or a few days from now...

Got my acceptance email today as well. I interviewed Feb 3 I think...about 2 weeks ago.

Interviewed at:
VCU- waiting for response
Pitt- waiting for response
Temple- accepted
College of Notre Dame- accepted
Univ of MD on 3/2

I did pretty badly on my PCATs but have a Bachelors in Bio, pharmacy tech experience, and currently working in an immunology lab...

To all those that received an acceptance email, does it mention that you will receive an official acceptance letter in the mail? Also what time was your interview?

my interview was at 1 also, i was the only female! ha! so what do you think, we're out of luck?? or they didnt decide on us yet

haha i remember you! i think the decision on us is coming in the next few days... some had their interview 1 week before ours, and someone had an interview on the 10th, so it seems logical that our group is now in the process of being decided on... we'll see. GOOD LUCK!

Oh actually I was there February 10 from 10-11am...not Feb 3. The email said that I would be receiving a provisional acceptance form in the mail...

wait i just realized my interview was on the 9th, haha whoops, i cant keep them straight, i guess thats bad news for me, but good luck to you!!

did anyone interview on 12th feb or after and has got in?

Jdario86 and dougwell, what kinda stats did u guys have? GPA, PCAT, experience, etc...

I had an interview on feb 11th :xf:

3.48 PreReq GPA, 76 PCAT, BA in French, no experience, hospital and community volunteer hours.

Congratulations!

I am still waiting for the interview cuz I took pcat in Jan.
I hope to see you guys who are accepted in August. :)

Hi, i have an interview set up on March 18 and I am so nervous!
I have to fly up from Houston and I really hope I get in.
I have been reading all the posts on SDN and I am worried about not getting in... Does anyone know the percentage of people who interview that actually get accepted?
I spoke to June Fitchett and she said it was about 75%... I'm wondering if this is true?
Also, do you think that March 18 is really late and that they would have already made their decisions on who to accept by then?
That is my spring break and it is hard for me to go any sooner than that...

My interview was FEB 11 and haven't heard anything yet!!
anyway, I hope I can hear something soon.
since I am out of state students I have to pay 30k per year. I am wondering do they consider in-state student after a year?
also I am thinking moving to phily in April if I get accepted. Is it going to help on my residency status? anyone?
Thanks

I am wondering do they consider in-state student after a year? also I am thinking moving to phily in April if I get accepted. Is it going to help on my residency status? anyone?
Thanks
It's not just Temple. Just about every school will consider you as someone who is only there to go to school so you will not get in-state tuition after 1 year. You'll be a PA resident after 1 year but getting in-state tuition is a whole new story. You'll need to convince the school that you plan on staying in PA after graduation.

As far as I know, your address when you applied remains your state designation.
Rudangel: Don't worry about not getting in. That is counter productive. Be positive and give it your best shot.

NY Pharm: do you have any tips about how to prepare the best for the interview?

I have my interview on Wednesday :eek:

Hi, i have an interview set up on March 18 and I am so nervous!
I have to fly up from Houston and I really hope I get in.
I have been reading all the posts on SDN and I am worried about not getting in... Does anyone know the percentage of people who interview that actually get accepted?
I spoke to June Fitchett and she said it was about 75%... I'm wondering if this is true?

Also, do you think that March 18 is really late and that they would have already made their decisions on who to accept by then?
That is my spring break and it is hard for me to go any sooner than that...

According to their Pharmcas webpage - http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolTemplepage.htm

They interview 300+ people and accept 200 of those people. And according to their website they receive over a 1000 applications annually. So I think you have at least a 67% chance of getting accepted after getting interviewed. And i know your chances are even greater if you interview super early. I guess i had pretty good chances because i interviewed during their 2nd round of interviews.

Good luck!

[---

Last edited:
They interview 300+ people and accept 200 of those people. And according to their website they receive over a 1000 applications annually. So I think you have at least a 67% chance of getting accepted after getting interviewed. And i know your chances are even greater if you interview super early. I guess i had pretty good chances because i interviewed during their 2nd round of interviews.
I'm looking at the 2007 numbers and they interviewed 366 students and accepted 218 students. Those are great odds if you get an interview but I believe they got over 1200 applicants this year.

According to their Pharmcas webpage - http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolTemplepage.htm

Good luck!

thank you! i am still super nervous! i really hope i get in...
and i wonder how many people per group they choose to admit into their school? is it only one person per group? or most of them?

Last edited:
thank you! i am still super nervous! i really hope i get in...
and i wonder how many people per group they choose to admit into their school? is it only one person per group? or most of them?

Mm. i don't know. Quite frankly, don't be consumed by numbers and statistics. Just relax and you'll do fine. You got chosen out of over 1000 applicants for an interview which means the adcom people think you're academically qualified to study pharmacy at temple and they will be looking pass your stats during the interview. Let yourself - not your numbers - shine during the interview.

Congrats to all who got in!!!

I interviewed on the 9th, still have not heard anything from them that makes me nervous.
I dont think I got enough attention during the interview we were a group of 6 :(

Mm. i don't know. Quite frankly, don't be consumed by numbers and statistics. Just relax and you'll do fine. You got chosen out of over 1000 applicants for an interview which means the adcom people think you're academically qualified to study pharmacy at temple and they will be looking pass your stats during the interview. Let yourself - not your numbers - shine during the interview.

ur right... thanks!
i just feel like im not as smart as everyone else..
53 composite on pcat and 3.3 or so science gpa?
u can see why im nervous.. lol

ur right... thanks!

When did you take PCAT?
I took it in Jan, so I am waiting for my score and the interview.
I really want to get in. However, I am nervous cuz I didn't get any
letter for interview. Did you get it via e-mail?

When did you take PCAT?

You won't get an interview offer (it comes via email) until they receive your scores. I was debating whether I should retake my pcats in january or not, and an advisor mentioned that they put applications that have "will take pcats in january" aside until scores are received, and in the meantime they get to work on those that are totally done. When you get your scores, and when PharmCAS marks ur app as "Mailed", thats when your offer should be coming.

ur right... thanks!
They must have liked something about your application to call you in, regardless of your low PCAT score. I'm not sure how they evaluate you, although I have a clue, but the one who is interviewing the group does not even take notes. Seriously, don't be nervous. Think about other schools that accept less than 25% of the students that they interview, whereas, Temple accepts close to 75%.

You won't get an interview offer (it comes via email) until they receive your scores. I was debating whether I should retake my pcats in january or not, and an advisor mentioned that they put applications that have "will take pcats in january" aside until scores are received, and in the meantime they get to work on those that are totally done. When you get your scores, and when PharmCAS marks ur app as "Mailed", thats when your offer should be coming.

Thanks. I know what you mean because someone said to me that I have to wait unitil late March and even late April. However, my concern is that if I have a small opportunity to get the interview and acceptance because I am being in the behind. Also, I have applied only Temple.

Does anyone who take the pcat in Jan have the invitation letter for interview yet?

Last edited:
anyone else heard from temple about acceptance from temple?

I received my acceptance letter and admissions packet in the mail today. I will be sending in my deposit tomorrow.

Good luck to those who have interviews!

When did you take PCAT?

i took it in october '08 and i received my interview offer via email

They must have liked something about your application to call you in, regardless of your low PCAT score. I'm not sure how they evaluate you, although I have a clue, but the one who is interviewing the group does not even take notes. Seriously, don't be nervous. Think about other schools that accept less than 25% of the students that they interview, whereas, Temple accepts close to 75%.

u said u might have a clue as to what they are evaluating during the interview? i havent done my interview yet so wud u mind sharing? anything wud be greatly appreciated and very helpful!

u said u might have a clue as to what they are evaluating during the interview? i havent done my interview yet so wud u mind sharing? anything wud be greatly appreciated and very helpful!
It's just my speculation on group interviews so I won't go into details. Just keep in mind that for interviews where the interviewer doesn't write anything down, they're probably focusing less on what you say but more on how you say it.

It's just my speculation on group interviews so I won't go into details. Just keep in mind that for interviews where the interviewer doesn't write anything down, they're probably focusing less on what you say but more on how you say it.

That's very true. For mine, the interviewer didn't write anything down so I think they didn't really focus on your answers but on the reasoning behind it. I remember I was not absolutely right on the 2nd question I was asked because the interviewer explained the right answer after everyone gave their answer (no one answered correctly). But I do remember, giving a thorough step-by-step explanation to back up my answer and i even gave a further elaboration towards the end when she gave us a chance to elaborate on any of our answers. I was the only one in my group who elaborated even further and added to my answer at the end. Furthermore, I gave the most unique answer out of everyone in my group who gave cookie cutter answers because I approached my answer at 2 different perspectives (A legal and a clinical perspective). I guess I stood out positively, in that sense. that's why I probably did well on my interview and ended up getting accepted at the end.

I suggest you focus on how to articulate the reasoning behind your answers.

And if your interviewer gives you an opportunity to elaborate on any of the answers towards the end - you better ELABORATE.

:soexcited: I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER IN THE MAIL!!!!

I know some of you guys got emails, I didnt get one, I just got the thick envelope. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for an answer or waiting on an interview!

:soexcited: I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER IN THE MAIL!!!!

I know some of you guys got emails, I didnt get one, I just got the thick envelope. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for an answer or waiting on an interview!

Kudos! I know some people have been unknowingly spamming their acceptance emails. Perhaps you got it and it got spammed.

Congrats once again! And welcome to the club!:)