Temple School of Pharmacy 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ericn2k3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There was a thread specifically for Temple last cycle. I notice there weren't one already made this year. With that being said, anyone with any updates recently?

Members don't see this ad.

I sent all my stuff out to Temple a loonnggg time ago and never heard back from them... has anyone else?

Temple probably forgot they have to interview+admit students for fall 09. Nothing better explains their tacit attitude toward us! I wish i could really get my fee back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Temple probably forgot they have to interview+admit students for fall 09. Nothing better explains their tacit attitude toward us! I wish i could really get my fee back.

me too! I applied waaaay back at the beginning of September because they told me they were on rolling admission and would be reviewing applications soon...and I haven't heard a thing. I won't be going to this school :)

Hey folks, i just received an interview request from Temple. But i am going to decline since i have already been admitted. Good luck to all who are still waiting

I got 2 invitations today, one from Temple and one from Jefferson. It would be nice if I could do both on one trip but that's probably wishful thinking. :(

I got the email around 2:30 EST time and just called to schedule my interview. It seem that they changed the interview format from what I read in the email. From group interview to one on one now, I believe. Anyway, I'm excited. I'm scheduled for Feb. 2nd!

I got an invite today too ... YAY!

Also got an invite but will decline

I got 2 invitations today, one from Temple and one from Jefferson. It would be nice if I could do both on one trip but that's probably wishful thinking. :(

If you do end up doing both, go to www.septa.org and click Plan My Trip and put in the adresses of where you're going, and it'll give you nice directions by public transportation so you don't have to pay cab fare.

Temple pharmacy is probably a half an hour or so by subway from Jeff.

when filling out the supplemental, did you all hand write it in? There was not fill in PDF or a word doc to type it in

oh, and how do you fill the academic record part if you went to a quarter school?

Something so small makes me frustrated.

Thanks

I got the invite today too! Will not be attending, good luck to you guys that will :)

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you guys think of this school? It seems a lot of people aren't attending their interviews. Is this just another "pharmacy mill" or do they also have good clinical connections?

I don't know about their clinical connections but i declined mainly because i already accepted an offer from another school. Well, that and temple is not in the nicest of areas. I know someone who attends their dental school and to tell you the truth, some of the experiences they've had were quite a turn off.

i'm interviewing with them on 2/27, let me know if anyone else is gunna be there that day!

i got an interview invite today!!! woo hoo! i just need to schedule a day!

Silversun...we are totally interviewing at all the same places!!!

CRAZYY!!

I don't know about their clinical connections but i declined mainly because i already accepted an offer from another school. Well, that and temple is not in the nicest of areas. I know someone who attends their dental school and to tell you the truth, some of the experiences they've had were quite a turn off.

my sister goes to the dental school at temple. i stayed with her when i interviewed at TJU. she took me to drive past the med campus (we refused to leave the car). its sooo hood. also on her first day, one of her friends got hit by a car and went flying the second he set foot off campus

my sister goes to the dental school at temple. i stayed with her when i interviewed at TJU. she took me to drive past the med campus (we refused to leave the car). its sooo hood. also on her first day, one of her friends got hit by a car and went flying the second he set foot off campus
So do you think I'll make it walking from the Allegheny Station to the med campus in a suit? It doesn't look that far from the map. :laugh:

So do you think I'll make it walking from the Allegheny Station to the med campus in a suit? It doesn't look that far from the map. :laugh:

Says it's a 3-minute walk on trip planner, and those estimates are usually for slow walkers.
Just make sure you take the orange line (just a warning since I believe the blue line also has an Allegheny station).

Is anyone going for the interview this week???
i have mine next week on 12th feb.:scared::scared:

How did you guys fulfill the Race and Diversity elective class?
they said it has to be upper level of sociology, which means students from 2-year college cannot fulfill the requirment.

I had my interview today! I was nervous at first and it did go away as I got more settled in. There were only 4 of us including myself. The next group as I can see from the name plates had 9 applicants. It is done and over with. The waiting game begins AGAIN! Will find out in 3-4 weeks. GL.

hey ericn2k3,
how was the temple pharm interview? i have mine on thursday.. i heard it's a group interview, how does that work?
good luck!

Actually I thought they changed the format for this year to 1 on 1 (or 2 on 1). ericn2k3, did you take the subway there or drive?

hey ericn2k3,
how was the temple pharm interview? i have mine on thursday.. i heard it's a group interview, how does that work?
good luck!

I initially thought they had changed it to 1-on-1 interview format as well. That is not the case, it is still group interview. A group of probably 4-6 (4 in my case) applicants will be interviewed by 1 Pharmacy faculty member. There is an optional tour as well.

I drove to my interview as I am currently residing in Philadelphia.

anyone have there interview on the 9th?! 1p??

I have my interview on the 10th.

I interviewed there yesterday and here's my take on it:

First, the urban location of the campus wasn't as bad as people on this forum make it to be. People who visited the campus and complained how unsafe it was clearly never lived in or near a city before.

As for the group interview, we were only asked 2 major questions and I interviewed with 4 other people. Everything during the interview was going swell until it was our chance to ask the professor questions. Someone in my group asked the professor what sets temple apart from other schools. One of the things the professor emphasized was how temple's student body was so diverse that she usually sees only "one white person" in a class. I was unsure if she was implying that having only 'one white person' was a good thing or bad thing. It almost seemed as she was alluding to how temple's so diverse that they need more white students - perhaps? Either way, the comment made me feel uncomfortable as a minority because i thought it was an inappropriate and a politically incorrect comment to make during an interview. At first, i thought she said 'right person' but then she said it again and she definitely said 'white person.' Afterwards, I asked one of the people in my group to clarify what the professor said, and she said that the professor definitely said "white person."

nevertheless, it was my last interview and i'm glad to be done with interviews! Good luck to all of you!

Did you have to write an essay on interview day?

i was wondering about the questions they asked at the interview.. were they personal or were based on whats going on in the pharma-fields???

1. No essay.
2. My group was asked 2 questions and the interviewer went around the circle for everyone's answers. First question was a 2 part question:
-where did you do your pre-pharm coursework and why pharmacy?

and 2nd question was a scenario/problem-solve question:

-What would do if a patient comes up to you with 2 Rx's (An anti-depressant & percocet) and they ask you if they can take all the percocet at the same time?

Advice: It was one of the most relaxed interviews i've been on. My interviewer didn't even fill out an evaluation sheet or wrote anything down during the interview. Therefore, they are focus on how you conduct yourself and communicate. So try and stand out of the group.

I would have to say that caucasians really are a minority at temple. The class consist of majority indian, asians, and africans.

rasmalai - love the name...and rasmalai tastes good too!!!

ras malai is a type of dessert. =)

haha...im going to go buy some right now...

jk!

good luck at your interview!!

Hey Guys,
I am a first year student at Temple. They have a well organized program and I am enjoying it. It was a great choice for me. Just relax and let the "future phamacist" in you shine. The campus tour is usually done by students so you get their perspective and also get to ask questions you may be afraid to ask a faculty member. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I just want to know the opinions of those of you currently attending Temple pharmacy school, what do you guys think of the program so far (ie. tuition cost, learning environment, etc) and the living conditions around the campus area. Do most students live on or off campus? Thanks for all the inputs.

i have my interview for feb 25th =) yay!!

I am going to decline my interview invite at Temple on the 10th of Feb,.....I ve been so lazy to do so...but that means One open seat for yall!!!

Hi everyone,
I just want to know the opinions of those of you currently attending Temple pharmacy school, what do you guys think of the program so far (ie. tuition cost, learning environment, etc) and the living conditions around the campus area. Do most students live on or off campus? Thanks for all the inputs.

I am a first year student at the Temple Pharmacy School and the program is very well organized. I think its safe. I live very close to the school and I did not have any problems. I haven't heard of any problems form others. The classes are not that hard, it actually is hard to fail. I know a few students did fail in our class last semester, but they had their reasons for failing. Everybody in the school is down to earth, the professors are very easy to talk to and look at the students as their colligues not someone beneath them. Also the subway does come right to the Temple Medical Campus (station is 2 blocks from the pharmacy school). Many students use the subway and wearning a suit or dressing up is not a problem if you take the subway. A lot of people live in center city and take the subway every morning. Anyways thats my perception of Temple. The pharmacy school does not really have a campus as I was used to beforem its right on a big street, so there is a lot of traffic.

thanks for the info. Its helpful to hear from someone who is actually attending the school right now. Any advice on interview?

thanks for the info. Its helpful to hear from someone who is actually attending the school right now. Any advice on interview?

I thought it wasn't stressful at all. Just be yourself and relax.