Temple School of Pharmacy 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i havent heard back either.

i called and they said that if we dont get a response by friday (via email) then that means they still have not made a decision on our file yet.

So if not today...then hopefully tomorrow

Also, there was a post above and someone said that either Wed or Thurs we would hear something....sooooo we can still cross our fingers :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

i had my interview early feb and still haven't heard anything either way. i guess im not too optimistic any more, but they are really leaving me hanging here!

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how many people have already got in???

i had my interview early feb and still haven't heard anything either way. i guess im not too optimistic any more, but they are really leaving me hanging here!

I know what you mean, I interviewed the on the first available date and have not heard anything yet. At this time last year, I received the alternate (wait list) email already. I'm not too optimistic for Temple also. Luckily, I have been accepted elsewhere and plan on attending. My plan will only change if Temple miraculously accepts me but I will not put too much faith on it. Good luck!

No! I'm so aggravated already. How long are they going to take before they let us know?

I feel ya! When I called yesterday afternoon, they said that if we dont recieve an email by Friday then they still have not made a decision on our file yet...so that pretty much means moreeeee waiting.

I had my interview mid-Feb and I got my acceptance letter 3 weeks ago...
What time did you all apply? I applied and finished the hwole process by mid December. Maybe you applied later than me and got stuck in the pile with hunders of other ppl applying later...

I also applied and haven't gotten any sort of response from them. Oh, except for the email saying that they received my application.

I had my interview mid-Feb and I got my acceptance letter 3 weeks ago...
What time did you all apply? I applied and finished the hwole process by mid December. Maybe you applied later than me and got stuck in the pile with hunders of other ppl applying later...

I think that's true to some extent bc I had my entire app completed and handed in by early september. I interviewed early feb and got a response 2 weeks later. And I also think they take the number of completed pre-reqs into account too. Bc i only had 1 incomplete pre-req. I really don't know how they're going to interview 300+ people within the next 3 months.

There were only 5 people in my group interview but i was unsure how many groups they interviewed that day. I know midwestern ccp interviews alot of people (similar number to temple) and when i interviewed there, there had to be at least 35 other people also interviewing. And that was back in november and temple started on feb.

Last edited:
I sent my PHARMCAS app. in early as well but couldn't get an interview until Feb. 26th. I called today and asked if a decision was made on my file. They said that I am in the next pile which will be evaluated on this Tuesday. I'm in a predicament because I was accepted at Thomas Jefferson and have to have a decision by next Thursday not giving me alot of time to wait for Temple's decision. Temple is my first choice and now I don't even know what to do.
What timing ..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
do you mean next Tuesday?

Thank you

Tuesday March 24th. I'm guessing that the committee meets on Tuesdays to make decisions.

If you call and ask you can see if there has been a decision made on your file.

I interviewed on the 25th and have not heard anything yet either. so I am hoping that this is a good sign and that they will be reviweing my file next tuesday and not this past tuesday!

thanks for all the information nikki1428

I don't for some reason this was an odd situation, but im happy about it. I interviewed on March 16th at 1pm and i was accepted on Thursday, March 19th at 12pm. They told me it would take 2 to 3 weeks

I interviewed on 2/10 and received my acceptance email 2/18. They told me it would take 4 weeks.

Has anyone who interviewed in the second week of Feb not heard a reply back yet? At my interview, i was told 4-6 weeks. Has anyone received a rejection email yet, or know if they have rejected people yet? This wait is killing me!

thats crazy that for some people they heard back within a couple of days to weeks. When i called them this morning they said they are still reviewing applications and the committee is meeting again early next week. I wonder if they are doing this randomly from a pile or by interview date.

hi guys! im new on this blog and had some questions. i took the jan pcat and here's whr i applied:

lecom-B, temple, buffalo, st johns fisher, albany, charleston, thomas jeff, belmont- interview offers

mcphs-w- waitlisted

campbell, lecom-erie-havent hrd back

im oly a junior in college n im a lil overwhelmed. i didnt think id get all these interviews n i have all my interviews starting 26th march at temple! its my first interview n im so nervous! i donno wht to expect! ne tips and feedback is really appreciated and needed! thnks!!

hi guys! im new on this blog and had some questions. i took the jan pcat and here's whr i applied:

lecom-B, temple, buffalo, st johns fisher, albany, charleston, thomas jeff, belmont- interview offers

mcphs-w- waitlisted

campbell, lecom-erie-havent hrd back

im oly a junior in college n im a lil overwhelmed. i didnt think id get all these interviews n i have all my interviews starting 26th march at temple! its my first interview n im so nervous! i donno wht to expect! ne tips and feedback is really appreciated and needed! thnks!!

Just be sincere and really know why you are pursuing Pharmacy! There are different types of interviews so be ready for both. Check out the Pharmacy interview feedback section! Good luck.

By the way, congrats on the interviews.

Has there been any recent acceptances or decisions for that matter? I'm in the group of people that interviewed on 2/10 and I still haven't heard anything back yet. I'm assuming my application is in the batch that gets looked today, the 24th. If someone hears back in the next few days please post

Has there been any recent acceptances or decisions for that matter? I'm in the group of people that interviewed on 2/10 and I still haven't heard anything back yet. I'm assuming my application is in the batch that gets looked today, the 24th. If someone hears back in the next few days please post

I interviewed on 2/10 as well ... Mine was 11am. What time was yours? Maybe we saw each other ...

I interviewed on 2/10 as well ... Mine was 11am. What time was yours? Maybe we saw each other ...

Mine was at 1pm on 2/10, so I guess mine was right after yours or maybe a group in between.

Mine was at 1pm on 2/10, so I guess mine was right after yours or maybe a group in between.

Cool, were you there for the tour at 12? I was there and talked to some people who were in your group ...

I called them, they said if we didnt get an email yesterday...then we have to wait till next week. We will definitely find out by the end of this month. YIKES. Does anyone know how many acceptances they have given out?

I had an interview yesterday, really intense with 2 faculties. They asked like 20 questions :scared: I got a headache and felt sick right after the interview :bang: and then got stuck in Houston for 2 hours because of the rain :annoyed:

really??..was it that bad?..i have mine tomorrow and i think its the last batch..but seriously was the group interview that stressful?.
i'm reallly sorry about ur situation..hope ur feeling better now! :)

I had an interview yesterday, really intense with 2 faculties. They asked like 20 questions :scared: I got a headache and felt sick right after the interview :bang: and then got stuck in Houston for 2 hours because of the rain :annoyed:

Oh wow - 20 questions in the interview by 2 faculty members?! They interview 5 people per group in 1 hour and that meant that each candidate had like 36 seconds to answer each question, assuming that each person had an equal opportunity to answer each question (minus the time it takes for the 2 faculty members to talk). mmmm :rolleyes:

My interview group consisted of 5 candidates total, 1 faculty interviewer and she only asked 2 questions per person. I think the general consensus on this thread is that temple's interviews aren't stressful at all.

just let it go.

Has anyone who interviewed more than 6 weeks ago still not hear anything back from them yet?

Has anyone who interviewed more than 6 weeks ago still not hear anything back from them yet?
I interviewed on Feb 26th and haven't heard anything yet. Sad to say that I'm not very optimistic at this point.

Oh wow - 20 questions in the interview by 2 faculty members?! They interview 5 people per group in 1 hour and that meant that each candidate had like 36 seconds to answer each question, assuming that each person had an equal opportunity to answer each question (minus the time it takes for the 2 faculty members to talk). mmmm :rolleyes:

My interview group consisted of 5 candidates total, 1 faculty interviewer and she only asked 2 questions per person. I think the general consensus on this thread is that temple's interviews aren't stressful at all.

just let it go.

yeah that's why i was so surprised when there were 2 faculties, but the questions were not that bad, just general stuff. Anyways I got headache because of the weather I guess.

good luck for those who are gonna have an interview, congrat to those who have already been accepted, and pray for those who are waiting (like me)

Hi guys,
Check your email... I just got an acceptance email!

Temple U Class of 2013!!

I interviewed last Thursday 3/26 and got an acceptance e-mail today! Such a relief! :D Good luck to all waiting to hear!!!!

* checks e-mail *

Still nothing! I must have really sucked at the interview. :laugh:

Me too!! Just checked my email and I'm in!!! :D:D Congrats to everyone else who also got the acceptance. And those who haven't heard anything yet, don't lose hope! :xf:

I just checked my email and STILL NOTHING. Its been 7 weeks since my interview. Is anyone else in the same boat I am?

I just checked my email and STILL NOTHING. Its been 7 weeks since my interview. Is anyone else in the same boat I am?

I interviewed on February 20th. I still haven't heard back either...

ditto, interviewed feb 9th-- and nothing! at this point im just mad that they are not communicating with those of us that wern't "accepted" yet...its really annoying..

Hi guys! i interviewsed with temple on 26th feb, and got my acceptance email on the 1st of april! you guys should definitely check with the admin office! I even got my acceptance packet in the mail so i know they are definetely sending out descisions.. good luck! :thumbup::)

Congrats to those who've been accepted and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear back!

For those who were accepted and are going... what are your plans for housing? I'm still deciding what I want to do the first year- live with relatives or with other students. Send me a message! I'd love to get to know future classmates/friends before we start school :)

Oh yeah, and if you have facebook, search Temple Pharmacy 2013, there's a group, but you have to request to join. Do ittttt.

2/6 got interview invitation
3/31 interviewed
4/8 accepted

that's a great news... but actually I'm still waiting for the other schools.:p

Interviewed 4/2
Accepted 4/8

I'm excited...now just waiting for 3 other schools!

Anyone else here who is waiting to hear back from their interview from 2 MONTHS AGO? I dont understand how they are reviewing apps; some people are hearing back in 1 or 2 weeks, while there are other people who have been waiting for months.

Yep, I interviewed Feb. 6th and still haven't heard anything. I called today and she said they are still reviewing apps but couldn't give me a date by when the rest of the emails would go out.

Here is my take on how they're doing their admissions.

They interview everyday from February until May (or whenever they stop interviewing) and then accept a few here and there who stood out. The rest get thrown into a huge pile and based on their stats, they'll either be waitlisted or rejected in the end. It's near impossible for the interviewers to know who anyone is from that pile anymore because they don't write anything down while conducting their interviews.

Here is my take on how they're doing their admissions.

They interview everyday from February until May (or whenever they stop interviewing) and then accept a few here and there who stood out. The rest get thrown into a huge pile and based on their stats, they'll either be waitlisted or rejected in the end. It's near impossible for the interviewers to know who anyone is from that pile anymore because they don't write anything down while conducting their interviews.

I have a different theory:

They go through the piles in the order that the applications came in...not by interview date. So after each interview...the interviewer writes comments on each applicant's packet regarding the interview, and returns the packed to Ms. Fitchett, who files it back in order.

When the committe meets...it is not to discuss the recent interviews, but the packets that are next in order of completion...that is why the people who turned in their apps in November or December have already been accepted...even though they interviewed later than some of the rest of us.

This just makes more sense to me...there is NO WAY that we are all just THAT bad at interviews!! We have come this far, after all, right???