Temple/LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied relatively recently...Does anyone know when the next interview date is/how long it takes around to hear back regarding them?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied relatively recently...Does anyone know when the next interview date is/how long it takes around to hear back regarding them?
You'll probably hear back around May for an interview at the latest

Reactions: 1 user
They sent a link to create a login specifically for my TUid so I don't think it's shareable. I would email them and ask!
Ahh okay. Yeah I did email them but the answer wasn’t super clear. They said students only get a TU Portal when they are admitted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh okay. Yeah I did email them but the answer wasn’t super clear. They said students only get a TU Portal when they are admitted?
Hmmmm that's definitely not the case because most of us here made an account on the portal after receiving the email. Tell them you're referring to an email from [email protected] with the subject line "Thank you for your application to Temple University". Otherwise, the email I listed is for the collective office of Temple graduate school admissions so maybe just email them directly and ask them to resend it to you?

Hey guys! I'm a future applicant for ACMS and I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing the secondary prompts so I could get a head start? I tried searching for them on this forum but not sure if I missed it? I was told it might benefit me to get a head start with all my free time because the prompts don't change much over the years.

Hey guys! I'm a future applicant for ACMS and I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing the secondary prompts so I could get a head start? I tried searching for them on this forum but not sure if I missed it? I was told it might benefit me to get a head start with all my free time because the prompts don't change much over the years.

Sure!

In addition to the personal statement, these were the questions: (2000 Characters)

1) Tell us about your special interest in the clinical campus you selected.

2) LKSOM seeks an engaged student body with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and interests to enhance the medical school experience for everyone. Please describe what makes you unique as an applicant, an obstacle that you had to overcome and how you will enrich the LKSOM community.

3) What are you doing between October and the beginning of the program?

Sure!

In addition to the personal statement, these were the questions: (2000 Characters)

1) Tell us about your special interest in the clinical campus you selected.

2) LKSOM seeks an engaged student body with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and interests to enhance the medical school experience for everyone. Please describe what makes you unique as an applicant, an obstacle that you had to overcome and how you will enrich the LKSOM community.

3) What are you doing between October and the beginning of the program?

Thank you so so much!

On average, how long is it taking for PostBacCas to verify apps?

I only got the TUportal email after I was admitted! I definitely don't think it's a big deal if you don't ask them.

For anyone who interviewed or was accepted to ACMS, do you mind sharing your stats? I applied to both ACHS and ACMS and have an interview with ACHS coming up, but I have not heard from ACMS yet (probably because I still need to take the CASPer test on May 4). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what courses fulfill the humanities requirement listed on PostbacCAS for temple ACMS? I couldn't find any info about this prereq on their website.

Does anyone know what courses fulfill the humanities requirement listed on PostbacCAS for temple ACMS? I couldn't find any info about this prereq on their website.
It's pretty flexible I think - any language, art, social science, philosophy etc classes. The only requirement if you apply for ACMS is those 8 credits of basic sciences with labs.

is there a linkage from ACHS to LKSOM?
Yes, but it requires a certain undergrad gpa outside of the achs program, a certain post bacc gpa and a certain SAT score to be considered.

It's pretty flexible I think - any language, art, social science, philosophy etc classes. The only requirement if you apply for ACMS is those 8 credits of basic sciences with labs.

Thank you! So you don't have to have the humanities courses to apply for ACMS?

Yes, but it requires a certain undergrad gpa outside of the achs program, a certain post bacc gpa and a certain SAT score to be considered.
Can you please share the requirements?

Thank you! So you don't have to have the humanities courses to apply for ACMS?
No problem! In my understanding, you don't need specific humanities courses (like the sciences ones need to be orgo, gen chem etc) but you will have to assign certain humanities courses in the prereq section of PostbacCAS. There's more leeway so just pick what you would consider "non-science" humanities classes from all your coursework.

Will it be too late for me to apply rn?
cGPA 3.78
MCAT 504
I've filled in all of the application details. Just need to do CASPer and submit the essays/personal statement
They are accepting apps until may 15

What about CASPer? I haven't even looked at it/prepped :( Wont it take time for it to get scored? I'm so worried...I found this program super late in the cycle
You don't need to prep much for CASPer. It is mostly ethics-based and there are a few scenarios you can run through on the site/other resources. It does take around 3 weeks for them to score it however and a few days for Temple to accept/process it. They did say a May CASper is okay though so I am sure they are accounting for this while reviewing applications!

So for those who are planning to attend the program, what are housing options?

There isn’t any provided housing I’m aware of. I’m looking for a place somewhere off the broad street line to commute up

There are tons of housing options throughout the city and public transpo is fairly accessible/reliable from most neighborhoods! The broad street line of the subway system goes directly to Temple’s campus.
I currently live in Philly, so if you have any specific housing questions, feel free to reach out.

For anyone who interviewed or was accepted to ACMS, do you mind sharing your stats? I'm not sure if I have realistic expectations about getting in.

What really is the difference between the 2 campus options? I'm really not sure which one to pick
I kind of just did some research on what each campus offers because I also was not too sure how to answer the question. I ultimately ended up picking one over the other because it is significantly closer to my hometown.

has anyone been able to apply using only your MCAT score and not entering ACT and SAT scores on postbaccas? My SAT is so embarrassing and MCAT is way better.

has anyone been able to apply using only your MCAT score and not entering ACT and SAT scores on postbaccas? My SAT is so embarrassing and MCAT is way better.
I applied only with my MCAT! I emailed to see if I needed to enter mySAT/ACT bc the scores have been archived and they said that just MCAT is fine

Anyone recently invited for an interview?

Does the ACHS linkage guarantee acceptance, assuming you have all the stats? Can you apply to more than one of the linked schools or only one?

Does the ACHS linkage guarantee acceptance, assuming you have all the stats? Can you apply to more than one of the linked schools or only one?
You get nominated by the achs faculty for 1 school and that’s the only place you can apply. An interview is not guaranteed, if you interview an acceptance is not guaranteed. Basically the agreement is, you basically have an unfinished application when they are accepting students, so if they like you enough they can accept you given you still reach the requirements by the end of the post bacc.

Can someone who already interviewed tell me what the interviews were like? I am unsure about how to best prepare.. Were most of the questions pretty traditional (why medicine, asking to elaborate on your activities, etc)?

Can someone who already interviewed tell me what the interviews were like? I am unsure about how to best prepare.. Were most of the questions pretty traditional (why medicine, asking to elaborate on your activities, etc)?
When is your interview?

Pretty traditional and conversational. The open file interviewer was very well versed in my experiences from the get-go so I'd see how your app ties into "why medicine." Blind interview was standard, "tell me about yourself," etc. Both of my interviewers were very friendly, put me at ease, and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me. You should check the Temple SDN page where many ppl have listed questions they were asked!

Pretty traditional and conversational. The open file interviewer was very well versed in my experiences from the get-go so I'd see how your app ties into "why medicine." Blind interview was standard, "tell me about yourself," etc. Both of my interviewers were very friendly, put me at ease, and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me. You should check the Temple SDN page where many ppl have listed questions they were asked!

Oh ok! Thanks for your detailed advice. Hope your interview went well! :)

(Did you think the questions listed on the Temple SDN page for MD interview were pretty similar to how your interview went in general?)

Hey guys, I applied on March 30th and my CASPer was delivered on April 16th and that is when I got the "you are complete" email. I have not heard anything since then. Is this normal?

Hey guys, I applied on March 30th and my CASPer was delivered on April 16th and that is when I got the "you are complete" email. I have not heard anything since then. Is this normal?
I'm in pretty much the same situation