Temple/LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! Can I ask you what the diff is bw ACMS and ACHS? I'm wondering if I should apply for ACHS as well :/
ACMS has the conditional acceptance and ACHS Doesn’t making it much less competitive. ACHS has linkages but it’s still really hard to link MD and they only have 2 MD linkages

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
ACMS has the conditional acceptance and ACHS Doesn’t making it much less competitive. ACHS has linkages but it’s still really hard to link MD and they only have 2 MD linkages
Is there still a glide year with ACHS? And is there a degree associated with it?

Does anyone know how many credits of the ACHS program go toward the science gpa?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there still a glide year with ACHS? And is there a degree associated with it?
If you link there is no glide year. The program can be a certificate but then you won’t be eligible for financial aid but you will be if you do the program and don’t get the certificate

I was complete around early April for ACMS and am also waiting - good luck to the rest of us awaiting results :)

If you link there is no glide year. The program can be a certificate but then you won’t be eligible for financial aid but you will be if you do the program and don’t get the certificate
Yea that's what I was told in my interview. Do you know if there is really any benefit to having the certificate? I feel like I would prefer financial aid and no certificate but maybe I'm missing something?

How do you link? What is the probability of linking? And do you get to choose what med school you want to link with? I don't see much info on it online, sorry for the questions! I just don't see how ACHS (since matriculation isn't guaranteed) is better than other SMPS (like georgetown, loyola, etc where you actually obtain a degree)

How do you link? What is the probability of linking? And do you get to choose what med school you want to link with? I don't see much info on it online, sorry for the questions! I just don't see how ACHS (since matriculation isn't guaranteed) is better than other SMPS (like georgetown, loyola, etc where you actually obtain a degree)

It’s not, only ACMS is the real competitive SMP

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You can only apply to 1 school for linkage and you must be nominated. You must meet the minimum requirements such as a 3.3 undergraduate gpa previous to the program, 1 mcat with a 509+ and sat with a 1350 for Temple. The only other MD is SUNY in Brooklyn. The MD schools are hard to link and they typically see 1-3 link through the program per year. More likely to link DO with PCOM, but with that linkage you aren’t give a written agreement. They say that have a great track record with people getting into med school after the program not through linkage though.

Members don't see this ad :)
The neurotic pre-med in me is panicking as I applied pretty late in the cycle and am unsure about how many seats in the ACMS program are available to begin with and how many acceptances have been given out so far. With the being said, has anyone received an acceptance recently?

For anybody else who took a 5/4 Casper, I just got the email that Temple has received my results and my application is now under review.

For anybody else who took a 5/4 Casper, I just got the email that Temple has received my results and my application is now under review.

Damn I haven’t yet and I took the same date. Thanks for the update though!

Damn I haven’t yet and I took the same date. Thanks for the update though!

When was your postbaccas verified? I submitted everything else including LOR before taking Casper. If you’re wondering you can send an email to make sure they received everything

When was your postbaccas verified? I submitted everything else including LOR before taking Casper. If you’re wondering you can send an email to make sure they received everything

Same as you, everything was submitted and verified long before the CASPer. I’ll def email them!

Just got the acceptance email! Interviewed on the 12th.

Surprised that they sent me the decision so quickly. So grateful! :)

Reactions: 3 users

Same here! Just got the acceptance email today and also interviewed on the 12th! Congrats to you!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone have an idea of how many more seats might be left?

That's amazing, congratulations!!!

Anyone else hoping for an interview LOL

Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know how many people have gotten accepted to ACMS already?

Are they still accepting new applications for ACHS?

Does anyone know the timeline for those waiting for an interview for ACMS? I applied and was marked complete in Feb, but haven't heard anything since

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know the timeline for those waiting for an interview for ACMS? I applied and was marked complete in Feb, but haven't heard anything since
If May 15th was the deadline to apply I feel like they're gonna have at least two more interview cycles. They for sure send rejections though right?

From the last email they sent out, I believe they’re interviewing through May. If they don’t respond to me this month regarding an interview, I’m going to assume it’s a rejection :(

If May 15th was the deadline to apply I feel like they're gonna have at least two more interview cycles. They for sure send rejections though right?
Have you looked at the other application cycles?
they deff do send out rejections based on posts from earlier years. I’m going crazy by refreshing my email like every 10 mins

they deff do send out rejections based on posts from earlier years. I’m going crazy by refreshing my email like every 10 mins
Same here. I just got an email from ABC network (for some reason) and freaked out for a second when I saw the letters A and C in the same word lol

Glad to know I am not the only one losing my mind. We got this guys.

Same and the radio silence is really stressing me out :(

Anyone have any idea how many more interview invites they're going to send? I was complete over a month ago and haven't heard anything since and this is really stressing me out

Just got a II for ACMS. applied a while ago... 3/3 but was only verified (under review) 4/8

Reactions: 1 users