Temple/LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nice! When is your interview and did you write a letter of interest?
Do you mind sharing your stats?
yea sure, i didnt send a letter. 513 mcat and 3.63 gpa

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!
If you don't mind sharing, what were your stats and ECs like?
3.63 cGPA. 511 MCAT. 2000+ hours as a medical scribe/MA. 40 hours shadowing. 100+ hours of clinical volunteering. 100+ hours of community volunteering. 200+ hours of research.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got complete couple weeks ago. Is it a good idea to send a LOI? I'm hugely interested in this school and feel I could expand a bit more on exactly how I can contribute to LKSOM (e.g. public health projects in North Philly, etc.).

Has anyone gotten accepted in ACMS with a low/no Mcat but 3.7ish cGPA? I feel like all of the accepted applicants have a competitive MCAT, but temple also offers mcat prep like what?!

I was complete March 26th. I applied with a 3.64 GPA (although currently a 3.68 GPA) and a 506 MCAT, and I haven't gotten an interview.
I am still hopeful about Temple ACMS. It's a wonderful program. I'm trying to stay positive, my friend.

Just got the rejection email :( Good luck everyone.

Got a R email :(

Congrats to those accepted and good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:
If you haven't gotten either a rejection nor an interview, should we expect to get a rejection email sometime soon?

For anyone familiar with them, how does the Temple ACHS compare with Georgetown SMP? From what I see Temple is easier coursework and you get linkage interview if you meet certain standards, and Georgetown is much harder coursework and is well-known, so if you do well it can have an influence on multiple different schools during the app cycle, but there are no guaranteed interviews/acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
3.63 cGPA. 511 MCAT. 2000+ hours as a medical scribe/MA. 40 hours shadowing. 100+ hours of clinical volunteering. 100+ hours of community volunteering. 200+ hours of research.
If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you just apply straight to medical school? Your stats seem pretty amazing and I'm sure you would have gotten in! Did you have a lower sGPA or was there some other factor?

If we applied w/o an MCAT, is it worth sending an update with practice MCAT score reports from AAMC full lengths lol? i know at least another SMP that's accepting / asking for this. I'm testing on 6/27, so i can only get an actual score in July (was originally scheduled for April)

I did also start a new clinical job, but I already mentioned it (not as an activity, but in the what are you doing until the beginning of the program prompt), so i doubt it'll be seen as meaningful / worth sending an update letter.

If we applied w/o an MCAT, is it worth sending an update with practice MCAT score reports from AAMC full lengths lol? i know at least another SMP that's accepting / asking for this. I'm testing on 6/27, so i can only get an actual score in July (was originally scheduled for April)

I did also start a new clinical job, but I already mentioned it (not as an activity, but in the what are you doing until the beginning of the program prompt), so i doubt it'll be seen as meaningful / worth sending an update letter.
What's the other SMP accepting this? Just wondering cause I was supposed to retake in April too lol 7/7 gang now

What's the other SMP accepting this? Just wondering cause I was supposed to retake in April too lol 7/7 gang now
Gtown SMP.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Tufts (but thats cause you have to let their office know if you don't have an MCAT score by the time you apply and they'll tell you)

from Tufts MBS website: "
If your MCAT has been cancelled or rescheduled to a date after our deadline, or you have concerns that you may not be able to provide a test score this 2020 cycle, please email us at [email protected] so we can understand your circumstances. Applicants, friends and loved-ones may be dealing with unprecedented challenges at the moment – we can work with you and make a plan.
  • Applicants should not delay applying simply because an MCAT score is not yet available."
edit: I guess Gtown too from @Dr.Gains haha

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I was perusing through the previous year threads, and it seems they interview through May and once more in mid-June. And depending on whether you are in the "continuing candidates" list (i.e. interviewed but not accepted/rejected yet), they give out acceptances into mid-July. Having said that, some people also expressed frustration of not being notified about rejections - it seems some didn't find out until they actually emailed/called the admissions office. So I guess if we don't get the interview happening later this week, we might have some hope of getting on in June.
Also, this is not really much of an extended timeline in the context of past deadlines; I think it was pre-2019 where due dates were in the May 15 - June 1 range.
It also seemed like people who got in tended to have pretty decent stats, though much higher than the typical postbac. Many were 3.6+ GPA (with some even 3.7 and 3.8) and/or MCAT in the 510-515 range.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone, I was perusing through the previous year threads, and it seems they interview through May and once more in mid-June. And depending on whether you are in the "continuing candidates" list (i.e. interviewed but not accepted/rejected yet), they give out acceptances into mid-July. Having said that, some people also expressed frustration of not being notified about rejections - it seems some didn't find out until they actually emailed/called the admissions office. So I guess if we don't get the interview happening later this week, we might have some hope of getting on in June.
Also, this is not really much of an extended timeline in the context of past deadlines; I think it was pre-2019 where due dates were in the May 15 - June 1 range.
It also seemed like people who got in tended to have pretty decent stats, though much higher than the typical postbac. Many were 3.6+ GPA (with some even 3.7 and 3.8) and/or MCAT in the 510-515 range.
Thanks for taking the time out to share this! I believe it is a relatively new program, so that might be why the deadlines have not been constant every year. It really is the best Postbac program in my opinion. Hoping they get back to us all soon!

Yup and this is what drives me crazy. The people applying with those stats don’t need a postbac. The whole point of a postbac is to address academic weakness. People with stats like that just need to apply more broadly and work on other parts of their application that are weak. If this what postbaccs are turning into then it’s going to be a serious waste of money in the future.

Has anyone written an update letter to the program? Do you let them know by email, or just hope that they see it on postbaccas (I think we're supposed to upload updates there)

Has anyone written an update letter to the program? Do you let them know by email, or just hope that they see it on postbaccas (I think we're supposed to upload updates there)
I just sent them a letter of interest and updated my grades on postbaccas. How do we put a letter on postbaccas?

I just sent them a letter of interest and updated my grades on postbaccas. How do we put a letter on postbaccas?

the letter of interest? I put it in the documents section and then clicked update my application, i think

Last edited:
Anyone else annoyed with Temple at this point? Just heard back from gtwon within 2 weeks.

Anyone else annoyed with Temple at this point? Just heard back from gtwon within 2 weeks.
At this point I am wondering if I was a reject that they never sent the email too. Just don't know how to ask without it hurting me

How many people on here are interviewing today? I remember there was one post from a few days ago indicating a 05/27 interview.

Any information on whether or not they're still interviewing?

For those that updated their application did you guys also send another transcript?

At what point can we assume we're rejected? Like does anyone have a timeline where we should give up hope? I recently uploaded an update letter and new grades on Postbac cas and I emailed them to let them know and all they said is that my application is under review.

24 including BCMS
Was told they take about 10 BCMS and 30 ACMS!

So assuming 75% of the FB group is ACMS, they have about 18 ACMS seats filled and about 12 (40%) seats still remain, though a good chunk of these remaining seats will be filled up from this Wednesday's interviewees. Still, this combined with the potential 06/15 interview (based on previous cycles) is basically the last bit of hope left for us non-interviewees.

At what point can we assume we're rejected? Like does anyone have a timeline where we should give up hope? I recently uploaded an update letter and new grades on Postbac cas and I emailed them to let them know and all they said is that my application is under review.

When did they tell you that your app is still under review?

I emailed last week that my final transcripts were in and I updated my grades on PostBacCAS. Received an interview invite 40 minutes later. Interview on 6/2.

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed last week that my final transcripts were in and I updated my grades on PostBacCAS. Received an interview invite 40 minutes later. Interview on 6/2.
Congrats and good luck on the interview! Nice to know they might have interview slots in June.
If you don't mind sharing, what are your stats like?

Anyone under review 4/8 or after heard back yet?

Congrats and good luck on the interview! Nice to know they might have interview slots in June.
If you don't mind sharing, what are your stats like?

uGPA 3.0, sGPA around 2.9. I have 16 post bacc pre-req credits at 3.67, with the last 8 being 4.0. No MCAT. In state and strong ties to the school.

uGPA 3.0, sGPA around 2.9. I have 16 post bacc pre-req credits at 3.67, with the last 8 being 4.0. No MCAT. In state and strong ties to the school.
What are your extracurriculars if you dint mind sharing?

What are your extracurriculars if you dint mind sharing?

Graduated in 2018. I've been a medical scribe for the past 2 years, promoted to chief scribe a year ago. I did one summer of developmental psych research, one summer interning at a medical museum. A few volunteering/mentoring things, about 200 hours total and nothing long term. Also did some research this year with a doctor I worked with and got my name on a (pending) publication. A few other random things as well.

Graduated in 2018. I've been a medical scribe for the past 2 years, promoted to chief scribe a year ago. I did one summer of developmental psych research, one summer interning at a medical museum. A few volunteering/mentoring things, about 200 hours total and nothing long term. Also did some research this year with a doctor I worked with and got my name on a (pending) publication. A few other random things as well.
That’s a hefty list, congrats! This is for amcs and not achs correct?