SUNY Buffalo AOA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Optimus123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with how AOA works at SUNY Buffalo? There is no website of any kind for it (although I am aware the AOA website lists an administrative contact and I will shoot him a message if no one here knows). Thanks for your time!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone familiar with how AOA works at SUNY Buffalo? There is no website of any kind for it (although I am aware the AOA website lists an administrative contact and I will shoot him a message if no one here knows). Thanks for your time!!!

Grading is based on Pass/High Satisfactory/Honors. Each credit you take (variable for each module or clerkship) is an opportunity to earn honors points - you get 1 honors point per credit for High Sat and 2 honors points per credit for Honors. If, in a given academic year, you receive 75% of possible honors points you will get a Dean's Letter of Commendation for that year. To be eligible for AOA one must receive a Dean's Letter of Commendation in two of the first three years. Third year is the most important as it seems that almost everyone who gets a DLOC in 3rd year and at least in one either of the first two years will make AOA as a senior. Rarely someone who gets a DLOC in only the first two years will make AOA. People who make junior AOA are those that got a DLOC in years 1 and 2 and have gotten honors in all of their clinical rotations up until the time the decisions for junior AOA is made (that date which I am unsure of). Apparently non-academic stuff goes into the decision somehow or another, but you still must get a DLOC in two years at a minimum. So hopefully that answers your question.

That definitely answered my question, thank you very much for taking the time to write that.