So I just failed Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just surprised you think a professor would care to recruit a med student when everything occurs thru the match anyways, and a student is influenced by many different factors when it comes to specialty selection.

Some professors try and recruit you to do certain specialties actually. My Neuro professor had me come over to his house just to show me the cremasteric reflex. Even gave me a nice glass of red too!

Edit: Wait a second...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Some professors try and recruit you to do certain specialties actually. My Neuro professor had me come over to his house just to show me the cremasteric reflex. Even gave me a nice glass of red too!

And now I know why your like to post ratio is so high.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually like the idea of beheading people, though not because I have an appetite for violence.
Then, ISIS started beheading dudes, and I got excited, because I could finally be able to see if the Neuro prof had told me the truth or not. Except ISIS censored the immediate aftermath of the beheadings. :(

A lot of times, when reading your posts, I worry that I'll be reading about you in the news one day for all the wrong reasons.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Wonderful....now that's in my google history

Why do i google things on sdn?

Ark, don't let the haters get you down. You decide what qualities you want in your significant other.

A lot of times, when reading your posts, I worry that I'll be reading about you in the news one day for all the wrong reasons.
Me too. A Philip Markoff in the making.

There is a line between intellectual curiosity and saying something that isn't really socially acceptable. While it is not always clear exactly where it is, you have leapt over that line now.
He's actually just trying to be incendiary for attention. He likes to play up the Aspberger's. Some people will take any kind of attention they can manage to procure.

Reactions: 1 users
Ark, don't let the haters win. You decide what qualities you want in your significant other.

He is free to "want" anything he wants. Whether he'll actually get those specific qualities in a woman is debatable.

There is a line between intellectual curiosity and saying something that isn't really socially acceptable. While it is not always clear exactly where it is, you have leapt over that line now.
He leapt over the line a long time ago. Pretty consistent with Aspergers.

And ark

Wonder what went down in the PMs...
Oh didn't see that he was banned too. My guess, Her second to last comment riled him up, he reported her comment, then PMed her and said something off the wall, She reported him, and bc of his prior Hugh Myron business he was banned.

Oh didn't see that he was banned too. My guess, Her second to last comment riled him up, he reported her comment, then PMed her and said something off the wall, She reported him, and bc of his prior Hugh Myron business he was banned.

I mean I have to imagine saying he was excited by watching ISIS beheadings played a part

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I mean I have to imagine saying he was excited by watching ISIS beheadings played a part
I doubt it. He was excited bc he correlated it in a lecture topic talked about in neuroanatomy, with upper motor neuron lesions not bc he actually liked beheadings.

It was still by far the most out there and insensitive thing he has said. And that's a high bar
Yeah, but in context in his actual post and his Aspies probably par for the course. Attacking another a user, not so much.

Yea he's a weirdo.
It was probably the wrong topic to correlate. We all have "Wow, that's so cool!" moments when we correlate basic science concepts (theory) to real-life clinical medicine.

It was probably the wrong topic to correlate. We all have "Wow, that's so cool!" moments when we correlate basic science concepts (theory) to real-life clinical medicine.

True.

Still remember the first time I saw a morbidly obese patient in heart failure: It was like a few chapters of Robbins were lying on the bed. :)

True.

Still remember the first time I saw a morbidly obese patient in heart failure: It was like a few chapters of Robbins were lying on the bed. :)
I like it also when patients present like the textbooks. It really brings the pathology and physiology together, esp. in something like heart failure when you have Starling forces, etc., all coming into play.

Rest in peace little buddy, I hope you find your place in the world. Lay off TRP, vidya, and the interwebs. God speed.

He was weird, insensitive, and misunderstood. But he was one of us, even if he was different. I wish him the best in the future.

Reactions: 2 users
I like it also when patients present like the textbooks. It really brings the pathology and physiology together, esp. in something like heart failure when you have Starling forces, etc., all coming into play.

This patient looked like Jabba the Hutt. Only thing missing was the voice, LOL!

I can neither confirm or deny doing the voice in my head as she talked or wondering if our suggestions about lifestyle changes were perceived as Jedi mind tricks. :)

OMG! Anastomoses is banned?!!?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't your username crossed out when you're banned? I think she just made it her avatar.

But anyway, does anyone expect Ark to resurface with a new account? Be on the lookout for the keywords.

Rest in peace little buddy, I hope you find your place in the world. Lay off TRP, vidya, and the interwebs. God speed.

He was weird, insensitive, and misunderstood. But he was one of us, even if he was different. I wish him the best in the future.

Man, I think he could be the mascot for TRP...

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't your username crossed out when you're banned? I think she just made it her avatar.

But anyway, does anyone expect Ark to resurface with a new account? Be on the lookout for the keywords.
I'm not sure. Her name is bright blue. It's like the freakin scarlet letter.

I don't think that is what got him banned.
I'd bet it was. People feel strongly about something something beheadings something something ISIS.

It's like making a bad joke about 9/11 on 9/12. You'd have been hit with the banhammer so hard your grandmother wouldn't be able to get online.

Reactions: 4 users
I'd bet it was. People feel strongly about something something beheadings something something ISIS.

It's like making a bad joke about 9/11 on 9/12. You'd have been hit with the banhammer so hard your grandmother wouldn't be able to get online.
I'm pretty sure people have talked about much more crass things. Exhibit A: The Wolf's Den forum.

I'm pretty sure people have talked about much more crass things. Exhibit A: The Wolf's Den forum.
It's less about what you talk about and more about where you talk about it and who sees it. Offend the wrong person in the wrong place and it's off to bansville.

He might have just tweaked the wrong mod's rage sensor.

It's less about what you talk about and more about where you talk about it and who sees it. Offend the wrong person in the wrong place and it's off to bansville.

He might have just tweaked the wrong mod's rage sensor.
Yeah. People sometimes just click the "Report" button on anything even if it's not actually offensive but bc it hurt their feelings.

I'm not sure. Her name is bright blue. It's like the freakin scarlet letter.

A) yeah arks name is crossed out whereas anastomosis is just bright blue. Maybe indicates another temporary suspension vs a permanent ban?

B) ark will be back for sure

shaddi.com is gonna have a new poster, LOL!

And those are promptly refused and archived.
I truly hope so bc it would be ridiculous if people got banned over someone like EMDO2018 reporting everyone bc his sensitivities were offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.