So I just failed Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The appearance is only related to the method used to take administrative action against an account; the end result is the same.
So both of them are banned permanently even though Ark's name is crossed out and Anastomoses' name is not?

Edit: Oops, now Anastomoses name is crossed out. Never mind.

I truly hope so bc it would be ridiculous if people got banned over someone like EMDO2018 reporting everyone bc his sensitivities were offended.
It would be ridiculous which is why its not done that way.

There are some users who report every little slight, real or imagined, every profanity, etc. Statistics would indicate that the majority of reported posts do not warrant administrative action either because they are resolved (other users have stepped in and self-moderated or moderated the thread themselves), because they don't involve a TOS violation or because they are so minor we're just like, "meh".

Its pretty hard to actually get banned; if you're not a Spammer, you have to work at it.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

There are some users who report every little slight, real or imagined, every profanity, etc. Statistics would indicate that the majority of reported posts do not warrant administrative action either because they are resolved (other users have stepped in and self-moderated or moderated the thread themselves), because they don't involve a TOS violation or because they are so minor we're just like, "meh".

Its pretty hard to actually get banned; if you're not a Spammer, you have to work at it.

I guess the point of controversy today is that it seems like the only thing anasto did (recently that is) was to give her somewhat unchecked but certainly accurate description of ark.

But I know that (a) you guys don't generally publicly comment on administrative decisions nor should you, and (b) there is often stuff occurring behind the scenes

Reactions: 1 user

I guess. I just think her next to last comment to Ark was hardly offensive considering the way he goes out of his way to bash her and that people say things to her (calling her a catlady) that anyone else would lash out at, and she can't respond completely in tow. It would be one thing if this was the Student Teacher Network, but I expect a little sarcasm, snark, profanity, etc. in a medicine forum.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess the point of controversy today is that it seems like the only thing anasto did (recently that is) was to give her somewhat unchecked but certainly accurate description of ark.

But I know that (a) you guys don't generally publicly comment on administrative decisions nor should you, and (b) there is often stuff occurring behind the scenes
THANK YOU! Exactly! (and might I say justified). Although yes, on a) and b).

Why were you given probationary status?
fireflyhesitationthing.gif

Reactions: 3 users
Wow, the mods giveth and the mods taketh.

May the banhammer no longer visit this forsaken thread.

135711024796195978659006.gif

This has been a blood bath.

Members don't see this ad :)
I truly hope so bc it would be ridiculous if people got banned over someone like EMDO2018 reporting everyone bc his sensitivities were offended.
Reported.
(did I do it right?)

The **** did I just read in here?

I hope Ark is okay and finds his way. He has kind of a red headed step child reputation here on SDN but I don't think he's severely unusual. All of his comments about romance and relationships aren't pathologic, just really naive. I mean he's only like 23 and has literally no experience with it all, the misogynistic comments should just be laughed off as immature. He still has time to come around and I think SDN has been a venting medium. Our biased glimpse of him has painted a picture of someone more far gone than I think he is in real life.

Ark, spend some time with those who care about you. Keep them close, keep busting ass in school like you have been, and really try to not take your social life too seriously while also putting yourself out there to have fun and interact with others, yes including girls. Try to kiss someone who seems to like you (not someone in your class).

You'll be alright. There's nothing seriously wrong with you, if there was you wouldn't be here talking to us about it all. I'm sorry to see you (and anasto for that matter) banned.

Last edited:
You know, I never really talked with him, only read a few of his posts in passing and I remember WS referring to him.

I feel obligated to respond because it does make me a little sad that he feels like he also has Asperger's but is allowing it to define him (that thread about "Asperger's Residencies"). If you're on the higher end of the spectrum, it doesn't have to be a death sentence. It's a condition that, when exasperated, needs the proper attention, just like depression and anxiety. ( I have it as well; I'm not just pulling factoids out of my backside and trying to sound cryptic yet optimistic like a fortune cookie. )

I wish him and people like him nothing but the best for them. It's true that a lot of us do not handle a lot of stress well, which is partially my reservation about entering the field, but for those of us who choose to do so, we have pretty solid reasons for it (most of the time). For me, I suppose it's a matter of giving back to the field that gave me the chance to live as I have. He has his own motivations, though.

I'm 20, Ark. There's girls with it out there and you may just find them one day; or you may find someone who just gets you. Keep your head high and prosper! I wish nothing but the best for you, and for the other girl who was banned as well. :prof:

Is he even able to read these posts?

I would assume so, as long as he's not IP banned. I don't know how bans work here, but I think he'd have to do something pretty messed up for an IP ban.

He could always lurk; that doesn't require an account.

can we take a minute here and appreciate the fact that I called him out as a troll like 4 pages back.

high five anyone?

can we take a minute here and appreciate the fact that I called him out as a troll like 4 pages back.

high five anyone?

We've been calling him out as a troll for months. He wasn't exactly subtle about it.

Only if we acknowledge that I baited him into admitting he likes watching beheading videos...

every human being deep inside has a fascination with gore. Although it can become pathological.

Only if we acknowledge that I baited him into admitting he likes watching beheading videos...
I certainly think that added a certain...je ne sais quoi to our understanding of how poorly this kid can appreciate and avoid the social boundaries of normal conversation. That sub-thread really revealed a lot. Strong work.

I don't think Ark is a troll. He's just weird and f'd up.

Ark will be ok, there is another forum which Ark and I are apart of that will accept him with open arms....and negs.

I don't think Ark is a troll. He's just weird and f'd up.

Kind of depends on your definition of troll.

I believe he is a second year Indian American medical student with no experience with women. So I don't think he is a troll in that he is falsifying his identity.

But I think he deliberately posted inflammatory content and played up his "aspies" tendencies and views on women for attention/controversy. So in that sense, yes, definitely a troll.

Reactions: 4 users
Can I join the probationary status club? Seems like the cool new thing these days

now only the squares are left. bummer

Maybe if you want the punishment

Maybe if you want the punishment to be more fitting for the crime you could ask the mods to change you to "Masturbationary" status.

You love me don't you? I don't report anybody, I ain't got time for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.