Sexual past matters for women, but not men

Females have endless options. I know overweight girls who meet multiple guys off of Tinder a week for one night stands. Any girl will admit that they could set up a one night stand insanely quickly if they wanted to. As a guy though you have to be physicially attractive and have a fairly good personality and... play the numbers game. Whatever you lack you have to compensate in other areas and play the numbers game harder.
The end result is that 20% of guys get 80% of girls (20-80 rule - seen in many species, not just humans). As such I meet tons of male virgins in their 20s, many of which have little to no female experience at all. I also meet guys who have extremely little experience. I rarely however meet female virgins and when I do they've experienced everything else dozens of times. It's what happens when one gender has endless options and the other has little to none.

So the reason I asked was that as a female you'd need ot have low sex drive along with very high levels of self control to not have any experience in your 20s. As a male though you simply have to go on about your daily life (unless you're attractive to the point where you get approached a lot and seduced - rare).
Oh god, you just went full TRP. Don't ever go full TRP.
How about a mixed bag? A part is great and another part sucks?
Most guys that suck absolutely suck. The biggest reason for this is that the majority of men view sex as an activity meant for self gratification, with the only thing mattering being their own satisfaction, leading to sex making women feel little more than used. Most guys come at it from the view of, "what can she do that'll turn me on and get me off" rather than a lens of, "what can we do that feels the best for both if us and turns us both on as much as possible." So you end up with a group of guys that either get it or they don't, and most of the guys that sleep around a lot don't (they're most often in it for the numbers and what interests them for the evening, not the sake of a great exchange with their partner). Since these guys are the sort that get much of the action, most of a woman's experience with sex will often consist of serial disappointment, not a mixed bag.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Believe it or not, there's a lot of people out there of both sexes that remain virgins until marriage. Where you grew up and your family's culture largely determine your views on virginity and remaining chaste until marriage. With my first marriage, my wife was the first woman I'd been with, and it probably would have remained only her had I not chosen so poorly and ended up in an absolutely disastrous nightmare of a relationship.

Then I became a slore, because why not.
Just cause a girl is a virgin doesn't mean she hasnt done everything else. I've met religious girls who thought anal sex with several guys is okay but regular intercourse is not lol.

Just cause a girl is a virgin doesn't mean she hasnt done everything else. I've met religious girls who thought anal sex with several guys is okay but regular intercourse is not lol.
Many aren't like that though. It is largely area dependent. You don't see many girls of the anal only variety in my former hometown, but you see plenty of them in Northeastern Catholic schools.

Members don't see this ad :)

Most guys that suck absolutely suck. The biggest reason for this is that the majority of men view sex as an activity meant for self gratification, with the only thing mattering being their own satisfaction, leading to sex making women feel little more than used. Most guys come at it from the view of, "what can she do that'll turn me on and get me off" rather than a lens of, "what can we do that feels the best for both if us and turns us both on as much as possible." So you end up with a group of guys that either get it or they don't, and most of the guys that sleep around a lot don't (they're most often in it for the numbers and what interests them for the evening, not the sake of a great exchange with their partner). Since these guys are the sort that get much of the action, most of a woman's experience with sex will often consist of serial disappointment, not a mixed bag.
TRP?

Everything I said is biologically sound and basically anyone who has made observations throughout different places knows it's true.

Anyway if you don't believe me just made a tinder account with an overweight female profile and come back in 10 minutes. Try again with an average guy's pictures. The difference is astonishing and I'm not even talking if the girl is average (and strictly looking for sex).

it's one of the benefits of long term relationships.....if you actually care enough to pay attention, you get quite in tuned with what they want

Reactions: 3 users
Many aren't like that though. It is largely area dependent. You don't see many girls of the anal only variety in my former hometown, but you see plenty of them in Northeastern Catholic schools.
Personally I found female virgins after 16 very rare and still find male virgins common in their 20s. I grew up near a very big city and knew people in all sorts of different circles. What you're speaking of is very uncommon for many reasons.

it's one of the benefits of long term relationships.....if you actually care enough to pay attention, you get quite in tuned with what they want
1) Always give/receive oral every time (properly)

2) Never finish in under 30 minutes

Follow those 2 rules and the experience will be average at worst for her.

Yeah. That's why married couples, despite popular belief, actually have more sex and rate their sexual satisfaction as higher than those who sleep around. It's hard to have good sex when you don't onow the person you're with.

Last edited:
Personally I found female virgins after 16 very rare and still find male virgins common in their 20s. I grew up near a very big city and knew people in all sorts of different circles. What you're speaking of is very uncommon for many reasons.
That's my point though, it's more of a big city thing. In smaller towns where everyone knows everything about everyone, you don't make it very far doing anal without becoming known as the person who's into butt stuff. It's more of a city problem, as large populations lend themselves to anonymity. There are certain subcultures, even within the coty, that value staying chaste until marriage however. Many immigrant communities (Vietnamese, Chinese, etc), religious minorities (Orthodox Jews, etc), and people who just plain value what they perceive as their dignity exist. The thing is, most people who are virgins and sexually inexperienced aren't very open about it, so they appear invisible to society at large. Plus there are very large groups of people who marry their first love/high school sweetheart/etc and never sleep with anyone again (I've got six friends I grew up with that ended up in the one-and-only scenario straight out of high school).

I can't believe I'm the guy defending people saving themselves for marriage, this feels so backwards lol.

Reactions: 4 users
That's my point though, it's more of a big city thing. In smaller towns where everyone knows everything about everyone, you don't make it very far doing anal without becoming known as the person who's into butt stuff. It's more of a city problem, as large populations lend themselves to anonymity. There are certain subcultures, even within the coty, that value staying chaste until marriage however. Many immigrant communities (Vietnamese, Chinese, etc), religious minorities (Orthodox Jews, etc), and people who just plain value what they perceive as their dignity exist. The thing is, most people who are virgins and sexually inexperienced aren't very open about it, so they appear invisible to society at large. Plus there are very large groups of people who marry their first love/high school sweetheart/etc and never sleep with anyone again (I've got six friends I grew up with that ended up in the one-and-only scenario straight out of high school).

I can't believe I'm the guy defending people saving themselves for marriage, this feels so backwards lol.

I've met plenty of girls off of tinder who lived in somewhat nearby small rural towns. If I've met them, I'm sure so have many guys who don't live locally. Point being... it's easy for girls to use the internet so get laid with someone who lives outside the town. Also people living in those places travel as well... just because no one in the town has slept with some girl doesn't mean other guys havent.

I'm in favor as well btw but I'm just stating the "facts" of society.

I've met plenty of girls off of tinder who lived in somewhat nearby small rural towns. If I've met them, I'm sure so have many guys who don't live locally. Point being... it's easy for girls to use the internet so get laid with someone who lives outside the town. Also people living in those places travel as well... just because no one in the town has slept with some girl doesn't mean other guys havent.

You realize that your data is pretty skewed if your source is tinder, right?

Reactions: 6 users

There's girls like that in any town. Not every girl is on Tinder. Self selection bias isn't exactly the best way to establish how the entire world works.

Last edited:
I don't know, I just find the whole thing revolting. I would imagine the woman I was dating, in bed with numerous men and be completely put off from placing myself where so many others have gone before.
I can respect your opinion on this because you are consistent with it (at least I think you also would consider it wrong for you to have slept around). When guys only apply that sort of thought to women while thinking it is fine for them to sleep around is the problem.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Are you serious?

No. The way to make sure it is at least average is to pay attention to her responses. Take note of how she reacts when you do certain things and keep doing them. You would not believe how many guys can't get that very simple idea into their heads. Doing some oral and jackhammering away for half an hour will not be average. It will suck.

As an aside....

>30 minutes? Ouch, no.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...n-reveals-length-ideal-sexual-experience.html

Reactions: 4 users

It's not at all about the time, nor is oral a requirement. It's all about communication. Women are very, very different from one another sexually, to apply universal rules to sex is so dumb as to be unfathomable.

Reactions: 1 users
You realize that your data is pretty skewed if your source is tinder, right?
Yes but you have no way of knowing if someone you meet is lying to you or not. I'm just pointing out examples.
There's girls like that in any town. Not every girl is on Tinder. Self selection bias isn't exactly the best way to visage how the entire world works.
Many delete their account after a while ;)
Are you serious?

No. The way to make sure it is at least average is to pay attention to her responses. Take note of how she reacts when you do certain things and keep doing them. You would not believe how many guys can't get that very simple idea into their heads. Doing some oral and jackhammering away for half an hour will not be average. It will suck.

As an aside....

>30 minutes? Ouch, no.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...n-reveals-length-ideal-sexual-experience.html

After 8 years I don't even see how it's possible to get "ready" for sex without oral. Seems lame, quick, inexperienced and hollywood-like.

And so is the timer starting once you kiss or when intercourse begins? The time in between can be 10-15 minutes itself easily... Add on 10-15 minutes for intercourse and it goes pretty well.
However every girl I've met has loved that I can go for an hour or two so I'll stick with my own opinion.

Yes but you have no way of knowing if someone you meet is lying to you or not. I'm just pointing out examples.

Many delete their account after a while ;)

After 8 years I don't even see how it's possible to get "ready" for sex without oral. Seems lame, quick, inexperienced and hollywood-like.

And so is the timer starting once you kiss or when intercourse begins? The time in between can be 10-15 minutes itself easily... Add on 10-15 minutes for intercourse and it goes pretty well.
However every girl I've met has loved that I can go for an hour or two so I'll stick with my own opinion.
If she's not ready when you're about to start with intercourse and oral is required, she's probably nervous or not all that into you. You can get someone going by doing a ton of things, but they differ depending on the person. For some, it's a nibble on the neck, for others, caressing their legs and thighs, or nails on their back, etc. Thinking going down on a girl is the primary thing that will get her going is typical of a male, genitalia-centric view of sexuality. Foreplay should be sensual and gradually bleed into sexual, not jump right into a focus on your nether regions, as sex is much more about what is mentally happening than what is going on physically for a woman. Focus on the brain, not the genitals.

Last edited:
If she's still dry when you're about to start with intercourse and oral is required, she's probably nervous or not all that into you. You can get someone going by doing a ton of things, but they differ depending on the person. For some, it's a nibble on the neck, for others, caressing their legs and thighs, or nails on their back, etc. Thinking going down on a girl is the primary thing that will get her going is typical of a male, genitalia-centric view of sexuality. Foreplay should be sensual and gradually bleed into sexual, not jump right into a focus on your nether regions, as sex is much more about what is mentally happening than what is going on physically for a woman. Focus on the brain, not the genitals.
hustler is spewing some high school level stuff in here

If she's not ready when you're about to start with intercourse and oral is required, she's probably nervous or not all that into you. You can get someone going by doing a ton of things, but they differ depending on the person. For some, it's a nibble on the neck, for others, caressing their legs and thighs, or nails on their back, etc. Thinking going down on a girl is the primary thing that will get her going is typical of a male, genitalia-centric view of sexuality. Foreplay should be sensual and gradually bleed into sexual, not jump right into a focus on your nether regions, as sex is much more about what is mentally happening than what is going on physically for a woman. Focus on the brain, not the genitals.
I wasn't literally saying I don't know how it's possible. I've had plenty of girls that I did not want to go down on. My point was that it just feels like something the vast majority of people do for foreplay - at least based on my experiences.
Also how can you be attracted to your partner and not want to give them oral??

I wasn't literally saying I don't know how it's possible. I've had plenty of girls that I did not want to go down on. My point was that it just feels like something the vast majority of people do for foreplay - at least based on my experiences.
I never said I don't want to, lol, just that it's not something that should ever be viewed as a hard and fast requirement. For me, it's something that I enjoy, but it has to fit the mood- sometimes it's appropriate, sometimes it isn't, just like anything else in regard to sex. Every encounter shouldn't be this cookie cutter experience where you do things in a specific order and the same way each time.

Wanting to give oral pleasure is not the same as saying you have to do it just to prime things for intercourse. Maybe you just do mutual oral and skip intercourse, maybe you take a break during intercourse and do some oral for a while, maybe you throw some oral in after you are done but the other person isn't. It doesn't have to just be a rule that you've gotta lick it before you stick it

There is definitely such a thing as intercourse going for too long. I dated a guy who could go on forever and honestly, I ended up having to just tell him to finish because after a certain point it really isn't enjoyable anymore. I was assuming you meant >30 min of actual PIV intercourse, which seems excessive.

In addition, when sex goes on for a long time, it becomes obvious that the guy is trying not to come and purposefully trying to not enjoy it too much. This is a huge turnoff because it becomes less about pleasure and more some sort of weird competition. Not sexy. I'd rather a guy be having such an amazing time that he literally can't contain himself and sex is like 5 min rather than a 45 min marathon where he's trying to think about baseball the whole time.

See, I have to disagree with this. I have found that men are often for too focused on "performing" and only worry about the woman's pleasure, leading to what I mentioned above. This is just based on my experience, though, and the type of people I tended to date. I've never actually been with a guy who was obviously ignoring me and just trying to get himself off, because I wouldn't generally be attracted to the type of person who acts like that in the first place.

See, I have to disagree with this. I have found that men are often for too focused on "performing" and only worry about the woman's pleasure, leading to what I mentioned above. This is just based on my experience, though, and the type of people I tended to date. I've never actually been with a guy who was obviously ignoring me and just trying to get himself off, because I wouldn't generally be attracted to the type of person who acts like that in the first place.
I'm going off of second hand anecdotes myself. Either way really has the same problem though- sex is a shared experience, not a one way street.

I don't get why people would suck at sex if it's in a loving relationship. I would think that if two people loved each other madly, it would be hard to mess up. I imagine my wedding day will be mindblowing because there'll be no baggage, there'll be true love, and we'll just take our time...

I don't get why people would suck at sex if it's in a loving relationship. I would think that if two people loved each other madly, it would be hard to mess up. I imagine my wedding day will be mindblowing because there'll be no baggage, there'll be true love, and we'll just take our time...
Your first time probably won't be mind blowing, but hopefully it'll be good. Learning someone's body and your own takes time, and you'll have a lifetime to figure it out.

Reactions: 1 user
It will be sooooo much better a month into the marriage mercapto

Emotionally it might be mindblowing, but i feel confident in stating that at least for her it isn't going to be great from a physical standpoint. Also one way it can remain not great is if you guys are so eager to please each other that you don't communicate things you wish were different, or if ine of you (usually her) doesn't know that something different would make it better (because guys almost never have an issue with having an orgasm with sex but women probably almost always do at least at first-and for some it remains a problem with intercourse alone)

It will be sooooo much better a month into the marriage mercapto
I second this, as someone who did very much love the first girl I was with. The first time was awkward. At least it wasn't painful which seems to be a common theme for a lot of women. But yeah given enough time to really know each other's bodies and wants and needs made it Sooo much better.

obviously those "religious girls" arent religious LOL

I'm I still the only virgin here?!?!?

You aren't alone. And I bet a whole lot of other people here (especially guys) are virgins as well but everyone is acting like they're a Hercules in bed.

You aren't alone. And I bet a whole lot of other people here (especially guys) are virgins as well but everyone is acting like they're a Hercules in bed.
true, its a shame to see our future health professionals do bad examples....

Females have endless options. I know overweight girls who meet multiple guys off of Tinder a week for one night stands. Any girl will admit that they could set up a one night stand insanely quickly if they wanted to. As a guy though you have to be physicially attractive and have a fairly good personality and... play the numbers game. Whatever you lack you have to compensate in other areas and play the numbers game harder.
The end result is that 20% of guys get 80% of girls (20-80 rule - seen in many species, not just humans). As such I meet tons of male virgins in their 20s, many of which have little to no female experience at all. I also meet guys who have extremely little experience. I rarely however meet female virgins and when I do they've experienced everything else dozens of times. It's what happens when one gender has endless options and the other has little to none.

So the reason I asked was that as a female you'd need ot have low sex drive along with very high levels of self control to not have any experience in your 20s. As a male though you simply have to go on about your daily life (unless you're attractive to the point where you get approached a lot and seduced - rare).

I would think it's much harder for men to abstain till later in life due to sex drive, and because they can enjoy sex without commitment more so than women can. I know plenty of virgins in their 20s. Mostly religious women.

You make it sound like "having options" means you have a higher likelihood of losing your virginity. Not true. I have plenty of options as a woman in my 20s, but I don't partake due to my personal values.

Last edited:
I would think it's much harder for men to abstain till later in life due to sex drive, and because they can enjoy sex without commitment more so than women can. I know plenty of virgins in their 20s. Mostly religious women.
I'd argue that emotional attachment of some sort is far more important than commitment. Sleeping with someone that you aren't dating doesn't mean you don't care about them or that you don't have a sort of interpersonal relationship with some degree of emotional investment. And then there are the many women that unenjoyably sleep with a man they are committed to out of a sense of obligation.

I'd argue that emotional attachment of some sort is far more important than commitment. Sleeping with someone that you aren't dating doesn't mean you don't care about them or that you don't have a sort of interpersonal relationship with some degree of emotional investment.

You mean, sleeping with your opposite sex friends? I don't really have those, haha. Perhaps it's easier for women who were raised hanging around a lot of guys. I just haven't ever really had guy friends.

You mean, sleeping with your opposite sex friends? I don't really have those, haha. Perhaps it's easier for women who were raised hanging around a lot of guys. I just haven't ever really had guy friends.
Friends, acquaintances, classmates, etc. People you feel a connection with, that aren't just faceless strangers. People that make you feel something- it's hard to describe.

Not to like tell you what to do with your life, but I think having friends of different genders is a good idea. I've always had a few very close guy friends that I treasure.

Bad examples? Some of us don't share your value system. That hardly makes us bad people, nor are we setting any sort of example.
For reals.

I swear I'm a nice lady

I don't really see anyone trying to be Hercules in bed in this thread.

I think both of these assumptions are imposed by societal expectations as opposed to biology. A man with a high sex drive is considered normal; a woman is supposed to suppress said drive or else they are a "slut" or "wild" or some other abnormal descriptor. But in reality, the physical drive is similar. In the same vein, men who are not total horndogs wanting sex every two seconds are often (and unfairly) considered to be abnormal or less masculine. I know many male friends of mine with average sex drives who actually get worried because their girlfriends or wives are concerned that they don't want sex 24/7. Like there is this expectation that men just want it all the time. So both sexes are often pressured into stereotypes that they don't fit.

Based on our gender, we are given different goalposts as to what is an acceptable level of overt sexuality. Same with NSA sex.

Last edited:
I don't really see anyone trying to be Hercules in bed in this thread.

I think both of these assumptions are imposed by societal expectations as opposed to biology. A man with a high sex drive is considered normal; a woman is supposed to suppress said drive or else they are a "slut" or "wild" or some other abnormal descriptor. But in reality, the physical drive is similar. In the same vein, men who are not total horndogs wanting sex every two seconds are often (and unfairly) considered to be abnormal or less masculine. I know many male friends of mine with average sex drives who actually get worried because their girlfriends or wives are concerned that they don't want sex 24/7. Like there is this expectation that men just want it all the time. So both sexes are often pressured into stereotypes that they don't fit.

Based on our gender, we are given different goalposts as to what is an acceptable level of overt sexuality. Same with NSA sex.
I do feel like it is much more common for women to want an emotional connection to their NSA sex in one form or another though (which I also happen to prefer myself, but I digress). Men and women actually do, on average, seem to process sexual experience differently, though there are obvious exceptions to both genders.

I do feel like it is much more common for women to want an emotional connection to their NSA sex in one form or another though (which I also happen to prefer myself, but I digress). Men and women actually do, on average, seem to process sexual experience differently, though there are obvious exceptions to both genders.

I think it is much more common for women to vocalize and communicate said desire, not necessarily that they innately want it more than men. Remember, men are taught from an early age that showing emotion and intimacy are for the weak, whereas women are encouraged to exhibit such things.

But in reality, the physical drive is similar.

Men have a higher sex drive, biologically. Here's another article concerning male sex drive. It's just a fact that men, in general, want sex more.

It also holds true with gay men and lesbians, interestingly enough.

A man with a high sex drive is considered normal; a woman is supposed to suppress said drive or else they are a "slut" or "wild" or some other abnormal descriptor.

True! It's a shame that women still contend with these awful labels for having a healthy sex drive. Also not cool how men are put into this box of wanting sex 24/7 or else they're not manly men.

Last edited:
I think it is much more common for women to vocalize and communicate said desire, not necessarily that they innately want it more than men. Remember, men are taught from an early age that showing emotion and intimacy are for the weak, whereas women are encouraged to exhibit such things.
I could buy that- I need intimacy myself. It's likely that most people of both sexes need it, I've just always thought myself unusual because stereotypes.

Last edited:
Men have a higher sex drive, biologically. Here's another article concerning male sex drive. It's just a fact that men, in general, want sex more.

It also holds true with gay men and lesbians, interestingly enough.

Most of these studies are based on self-reporting. Again, women (especially heterosexual women) are taught to repress their sex drives or at least not to talk about them to other people. Women will consistently under-report everything from partner count to masturbation frequency due to this. So I take all that with a grain of salt.

I have nothing important to add, besides that I agree with everything WTF says, per usual