Season 9 Championship Practice - Sign Ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was up there not too long ago! Well, like nine months ago, which isn't too long.
And you didn’t come visit?!? PSV pls!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone wants to get notifications from the game thread without needing to post first, just click the watch button at the top of the thread.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
And you didn’t come visit?!? PSV pls!
Had I been able to look into the future I would've swung by to say hello!
I have family up there. We used to go visit my grandma but she passed this last year. I have an aunt and uncle by Minneapolis though so next time we're in the area...

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I've been scrolling through threads in my hiatus and there was a criminal minds game!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I keep seeing "Milkshake Mafia" in my recommended threads and it's making me picture menacing milkshakes hobbling around with guns.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Paint pls
Give me a subject pls

I've been idly wanting to make a scene laid out on a Fibonacci spiral instead of rule of thirds or golden ratio. I've increasingly loathed the woodpecker I started painting a while ago because I laid it out by the rule of thirds and the composition makes my skin crawl. It's so off. It itches just to look at it.

Last edited:
  • Care
Give me a subject pls

I've been idly wanting to make a scene laid out on a Fibonacci spiral instead of rule of thirds or golden ratio. I've increasingly loathed the woodpecker I started painting a while ago because I laid it out by the rule of thirds and the composition makes my skin crawl. It's so off. It itches just to look at it.

Perhaps a different bird? Something more magestic.

• Haha
really is kinda worrying when it's a trainee
for the record, my anxiety wasn't about the student. it's just different when it's my own pets. can't think clearly. i usually try to have another doc supervise anesthesia on my own, just because i know i'd be an emotional wreck if something happened.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Rostam is prescribed trazodone as needed! He does seem to have a snuggly good time the few times we've given it to him.
ruthie is getting it because there is no way i can keep her quiet post-spay without pharmacological help. and i would like her insides to remain inside.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
ruthie is getting it because there is no way i can keep her quiet post-spay without pharmacological help. and i would like her insides to remain inside.
Personally, I feel like anxiolytics should be considered potentially as important as pain meds after surgery. Dogs do some wack things to their incisions when they're pent up with no outlet (the story I'm thinking of here is probably too yucky to share) and "brain" meds can be vital for some dogs. Certain vets act like that's a massive problem but not every dog can chill for a couple weeks without losing their minds.
I have a lot of feelings on psychiatric medications in general and their use in dogs but I shouldn't get on that soapbox.

Reactions: 1 users
Me: Why do I have so many notifications?
The notifications:
alert.png

• Haha
This is untrue!

I only like posts I like for some reason. There are some posts I don't like, and so I won't like them.
I think I just have lingering ghosts from the whiplash of you liking a post and then quoting it to talk about how wolfy it was :rofl:

• Haha
Personally, I feel like anxiolytics should be considered potentially as important as pain meds after surgery. Dogs do some wack things to their incisions when they're pent up with no outlet (the story I'm thinking of here is probably too yucky to share) and "brain" meds can be vital for some dogs. Certain vets act like that's a massive problem but not every dog can chill for a couple weeks without losing their minds.
I have a lot of feelings on psychiatric medications in general and their use in dogs but I shouldn't get on that soapbox.
Better living through chemistry

The fun thing about playing with someone I know is getting to go yell at her to contribute to the thread since she hasn't hit the post minimum yet :mad:

• Love
Phrased another way, I think I now have enough experience on both sides of the table to say that quiet threads are good for the wolves.
Rub it in my face:mad:

• Care
View attachment 353681
Waiting for the thread to open again like
On MU, there's a countdown timer in the corner of the screen that you can stare at obsessively. Very unhealthy.

AM and I practiced a lot of hyperventilating watching it while waiting for our hydra game to start because we were wolfing and very unhappy about the situation.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
No need to cares react it! We exceeded all expectations!!!

meaning that we didn't die D1 as expected because of someone in the game having a godread on her
but one smol shorty helped to disrupt the godread
and then we went to F3 but we had some unfortunate luck with PRs and lost it at the end there

and there's no better bonding experience with your mother than having a shared, sustained breakdown for 3 weeks of IRL time! :biglove:

• Haha
  • Love
It was basically a win as far as I'm concerned because I got to dead/spec chat and someone speccing tagged me and congratulated me on a good game and said I was "CLEARLY town" :laugh:

I hated to break it to them.

• Care
  • Haha
If @speechy_keen decides to stick around and plays my TSwift game, I'm going to make her Come Back... Be Here because that's all I've been saying to her recently.

• Haha
Also, because I know she won't say anything on here, @speechy_keen just received two job offers for her clinical fellowship year! 🎉

• Love
Reactions: 5 users