Season 9 Championship Practice - Sign Ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, if it's okay (@Animal Midwife) before we start playing I'm going to give Speechy a brief rundown of the players (the ones I know, anyway). Not any kind of strategy, just basically what I've observed from how they play/general tone so she isn't quite so in the deep end. Obviously she'll be on her own outside of her role PM once the game starts.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Also, if it's okay (@Animal Midwife) before we start playing I'm going to give Speechy a brief rundown of the players (the ones I know, anyway). Not any kind of strategy, just basically what I've observed from how they play/general tone so she isn't quite so in the deep end. Obviously she'll be on her own outside of her role PM once the game starts.
This is okay as long as you tell her I am the most trustworthy player here

• Haha
  • Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
I’m really really hoping speechy will stick around after this game pls

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m really really hoping speechy will stick around after this game pls
Maybe! I'm hoping she at least doesn't request modkilling. She's in a very intensive master's program and is starting a full time internship this summer, then moving into her clinical fellowship year in the fall, so she may be scarce. Or she may get addicted and prioritize WW over real life like me :laugh:

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Boo I demand a reevaluation of the ban
Shorty beat me to it but imo a healthy boundary should be respected. AM doesn't want to mod for Cubs and Cubs probably wouldn't like playing a game with a game-moderator who doesn't enjoy the situation either. It's not like he isn't playing WW games with us :shrug: It's just one case of "hey just fyi I didn't change my mind". Pretty civil exchange.

Shorty beat me to it but imo a healthy boundary should be respected. AM doesn't want to mod for Cubs and Cubs probably wouldn't like playing a game with a game-moderator who doesn't enjoy the situation either. It's not like he isn't playing WW games with us :shrug: It's just one case of "hey just fyi I didn't change my mind". Pretty civil exchange.
Read One Piece pls

Edit: crap nvm i forgot there’s no chapter this week :(

• Care
I’m struggling to finish at least 3K more floors and have to start working on a paper and have other pressing things on top of these. I really want to play but the commitments are preventing me to do so :( :(

• Care
at least 3K more floors
Robolawp running wild out here. @Zenge142 do you see what happens when you give your AI a body and no outlet for his energy except running up and down the stairs?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Robolawp running wild out here. @Zenge142 do you see what happens when you give your AI a body and no outlet for his energy except running up and down the stairs?
I don’t see the problem

Read One Piece pls

Edit: crap nvm i forgot there’s no chapter this week :(
So did I 🥲

:sorry:I was gonna drink hot cocoa and read One Piece first thing this morning

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Was that the longest until Bioshock happened?
What happens when you have me sub in for someone, Lawpy for someone else, and shorty in a game that’s not figured out quickly? Many page chaos.

• Haha
  • Sad
What happens when you have me sub in for someone, Lawpy for someone else, and shorty in a game that’s not figured out quickly? Many page chaos.
I think what scares me most is that Lawpy and I both outposted his total in that game in the last game 😱

• Haha
  • Love
  • Angry
This is a game I need to sub into as well. I'll take the zeroposter.

• Haha
  • Sad
Read Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell pls
Unlikely pls

I also just walked 230+ floors without feeling exhausted or cramped even after a long day. Still a long way to go but i think i have an idea now. I want to go back to just walking and eventual running/long distance running/marathon soon pls :bag::sorry:

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Unlikely pls

I also just walked 230+ floors without feeling exhausted or cramped even after a long day. Still a long way to go but i think i have an idea now. I want to go back to just walking and eventual running/long distance running/marathon soon pls :bag::sorry:
lilo and stitch GIF

MAYBE WE CAN START AT THE SAME TIME

(I'm building distance right now but I've decided to stop thinking of it as "marathon training" and instead as "increasing aerobic capacity" because then I focus on running the whole time, and my lungs need more strength building than that mindset allows)

Read Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell pls
Wait this is actually interesting. *adds to reading list*

lilo and stitch GIF

MAYBE WE CAN START AT THE SAME TIME

(I'm building distance right now but I've decided to stop thinking of it as "marathon training" and instead as "increasing aerobic capacity" because then I focus on running the whole time, and my lungs need more strength building than that mindset allows)
Oho! Pleased!

Well, you are quite charming, but I was liking the book recommendation. It's a great read and very original.
Okay you are my favorite now. A pigeon of good taste.

• Care
If we are lacking people by noon I vote we bully Stoat into playing. All in favor?

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users