SDN WW Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And all I have to say is: Future wolves - up your game. The wolf brag just got real. ;)

@DocEspana @StartingoverVet

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
And all I have to say is: Future wolves - up your game. The wolf brag just got real. ;)
**** it, next time i'm villager killed i'm going you tube... i need better production values instead of turning my camera phone onto the computer screen... i gotta do video editing, ppt integration, and special effects... LASERS MUTHAFECKERS!

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone actually read what I had on my computer screen during the in memory of bit? I'm surprised no one mentioned that...

Members don't see this ad :)
Jojo, you look EXACTLY like I pictured. It was an interesting game to watch. Though I'm surprised at the ability you gave my character. First off, I'm surprised I was even in this game, given my absence lately. And secondly, I'm surprised I was a villager.

And furthermore, :slap: if DocE is still alive after about N4/5, HE IS A WOLF.

/PSA
I remember you from when I first really started playing as being know for your wolf tracking abilities, so i have tried to emulate some of your strategies in my wolf hunting... so it was an homage character that i thought was very fitting.

That is a clever question, but in this case wouldn't have helped you. For the first half (or more?) of the game, I was basically on cruise-control. I had a super super busy week/weekend and I really wasn't participating in wolf decisions. So I would have truthfully been able to answer "I don't have a clue."

I mean, I still think it's a smart question. Just as luck and hindsight would have it, you wouldn't have gotten back useful info.

I was getting feet-to-the-frying-pan feeling with those three nights in a row of Liar's Dice. It kept getting progressively harder and harder to tap dance. I know you guys were frustrated with my answers, but believe me - Jojo rejected a number of my first answers. :)

You still would have known as it is in the wolf convo thread. So, if rojo were a good mod, he would have told you that saying you "don't have a clue" when you really do because you can just look, would have been a solid "no" response.

Hardest part of the this game:

LIS and Lissa having the same avatar! Bad on the thread but super ridiculous in the wolf conversation!

Reactions: 1 user
You still would have known as it is in the wolf convo thread. So, if rojo were a good mod, he would have told you that saying you "don't have a clue" when you really do because you can just look, would have been a solid "no" response.

Just because it's in the thread doesn't mean I read it. I was seriously not paying any attention at all. I don't think the Liar's Dice should have required an answer that I 'could' have had; that gets into a whole world of interpretation that's hard on a mod. "I don't know" would have been 100% accurate and truthful, which is all the dice were supposed to do. I mean, I suppose Jojo could have said "here's the question, and I'm requiring you to go read the PM thread first," but... that's kinda lame.

Chillbo baggins... so young, so innocent
JDH71 - feck this ****
That redhead - should we remember that which doesn't have a soul?
SOV's marriage - at least his dog house is nicer than half of your dorm rooms...
Phillip Hoffman - respect
DocEspana - you're my boy blue
Dyachei - is she dead?
Dyachei - ok, she is dead this time right?
And the rest - i'm lazy.... sorry

Just because it's in the thread doesn't mean I read it. I was seriously not paying any attention at all. I don't think the Liar's Dice should have required an answer that I 'could' have had; that gets into a whole world of interpretation that's hard on a mod. "I don't know" would have been 100% accurate and truthful, which is all the dice were supposed to do. I mean, I suppose Jojo could have said "here's the question, and I'm requiring you to go read the PM thread first," but... that's kinda lame.

A good mod would not have allowed you to answer no on that. Come on, that question isn't even in the gray zone, I see how my other question may have tipped into that, but asking which wolf killed a player when you are a wolf, is not a gray zone question, regardless if that wolf is paying attention to the game or not.

A good mod would not have allowed you to answer no on that. Come on, that question isn't even in the gray zone, I see how my other question may have tipped into that one, but asking which wolf killed a player when you are a wolf, is not a gray zone question, regardless if that wolf is paying attention to the game or not.
yeah, i dunno if i would of bought the "i don't know answer"...

i would of had to do the "what a reasonable person should know" type of thing, which i think a reasonable wolf should of known it... now, i think someone was dead at that point, so it very well could of been a dead wolf that killed dyachei, but i dunno..

plus, dyachei died later on, so i think you would have known... EC, yeah, i can see you not knowing whom, but dyachei was one of the later kills during the little in game eruption...

A good mod would not have allowed you to answer no on that. Come on, that question isn't even in the gray zone, I see how my other question may have tipped into that one, but asking which wolf killed a player when you are a wolf, is not a gray zone question, regardless if that wolf is paying attention to the game or not.

*shrug* Guess we just disagree. You're saying that I should have had to answer a question based on what I "could" have known? That's ... to me, that's silly. I can only answer a question based on what I DO know. In the case of your question, I wouldn't have known the answer.

I mean, are you suggesting that you should have been able to ask anything that I could go find out if I wanted to?

I'm not saying your question is bad; I'm just saying that my answer wouldn't have helped and would have been 100% truthful. I get that you don't like that, but ... it's truth. And that's all the dice require.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, i dunno if i would of bought the "i don't know answer"...

i would of had to do the "what a reasonable person should know" type of thing, which i think a reasonable wolf should of known it... now, i think someone was dead at that point, so it very well could of been a dead wolf that killed dyachei, but i dunno..

plus, dyachei died later on, so i think you would have known... EC, yeah, i can see you not knowing whom, but dyachei was one of the later kills during the little in game eruption...

Heh. Well. Point in fact, I don't know who killed Dyachei. Now or back then. :)

Heh. Well. Point in fact, I don't know who killed Dyachei. Now or back then. :)
It was sunday that the death occurred, and it was the night prior to this question possibly being asked. At that point in time I would have fully expected you to have known. If it was asked today and you said "i don't remember and i don't care to look it up since that was a week ago and i have better things to do with my time" that I might accept as a legit answer

*shrug* Guess we just disagree. You're saying that I should have had to answer a question based on what I "could" have known? That's ... to me, that's silly. I can only answer a question based on what I DO know. In the case of your question, I wouldn't have known the answer.

I mean, are you suggesting that you should have been able to ask anything that I could go find out if I wanted to?

I'm not saying your question is bad; I'm just saying that my answer wouldn't have helped and would have been 100% truthful. I get that you don't like that, but ... it's truth. And that's all the dice require.

You have modded enough games to know you are just talking silliness. Seriously. As a player in the game, you are responsible for attempting to keep up, I get it, life happens and you always can't. But if you are a wolf and someone asks you who killed another player and you just haven't peered at the wolf PM's does not mean you can say "I dunno".

A few reasons:

1. The mod has no idea if you have or have not looked at the thread.
2. Seeing as you are playing and have an active role, it should be assumed you are keeping up.
3. It would leave it open for anyone to lie to the mods and say, well I haven't been reading the wolf PM/thread/whatever.

Yes, I get the dice has some interpretation and subjectiveness to it, but that is where the mod has to step in and say "no" to certain things, especially things that you can not prove to be true, like having or having not read a thread.

You have modded enough games to know you are just talking silliness. Seriously. As a player in the game, you are responsible for attempting to keep up, I get it, life happens and you always can't. But if you are a wolf and someone asks you who killed another player and you just haven't peered at the wolf PM's does not mean you can say "I dunno".

A few reasons:

1. The mod has no idea if you have or have not looked at the thread.
2. Seeing as you are playing and have an active role, it should be assumed you are keeping up.
3. It would leave it open for anyone to lie to the mods and say, well I haven't been reading the wolf PM/thread/whatever.

Yes, I get the dice has some interpretation and subjectiveness to it, but that is where the mod has to step in and say "no" to certain things, especially things that you can not prove to be true, like having or having not read a thread.
The PM at that time was going to be on the same page or 1 page before the dice question. If it was 12 pages earlier and he phrased it like I did, i would of accepted it, but since it was a very proximal event, i agree, i would of expected him to have read the previous night's results.

Wolfspeaker's role was 100% legit as well. She could of nailed the wolves too if she went to the groups with small n... on N4, there were 4 people in the lounge (the smallest group). She would have gotten back 2 wolves in there. on N7 there were 2 people (including herself) in the lounge. She would have gotten back 1 wolf in there and nailed DocE, which besides WTF's seering him, and someone tracking him doing the kill, that's how he would have been figured out (or liar's dice). However, the way she did it, and with the information she got from kaydubs, she narrowed it down to 3 people, 2 of which were wolves, and the 3rd was taken out by the wolves.

Yeah, I really kicked myself for not looking at Doc and I N7. (decided not to because someone had said they cleared him recently. Darned unseer-able wolves. :()

And N1, I had to check my own group. :thumbup:

Good game, Rojo(and Escalla for modding later)!

In closing, here is my last gif for the game:

breakdancing.gif

Wolves did a great job even if they got off to a rough start. I completely enjoyed all your videos and poems. And of course, I am very sorry FFM. I hope I can make it up to you in the future. :shy:

I had fun! I always have fun in WW, even if it is frustrating. :)

Yeah, I still don't understand how anyone believed SOV, that was painfully obvious and if I had not been drunk that lynch round, I would have been much louder about how silly and dumb the people were being by voting Mrs SOV. And then they almost fell for it again with Doc.... :smack:

My biggest mistake was not lynching DocE back at the beginning when he was basically unwilling to even attempt to find wolves and just wanted to lynch WTF.... I don't know why I let that go.

for the record, that is exactly what I would have done aas a villager. So your repeating insistence that I was doing the wrong thing is completely off base. maybe wrong for how you would have approached it, but completely true to how I would approach that as a villager.

You wanted to have shenanigans when there was a confirmed person who needed to die. even I wouldn't do that. I had hidden my own (sorta) results once, I wouldn't ignore someone else's results.I had no clue she wouldn't die. so trying to lynch her would have accidentally help the wolves. But that wasn't my thought process for doing it.

I don't think I did a single thing a villager wouldn't do until Chillbo approached me about his Lissa identity question. It coincidentally was around the time that I began trying to actively avoid couraging suspicion of wolves. It wasn't necessary before, because I honestly thought that as a villager I would be going after said Villager in the chopping block or WTF if I was honestly tracking peoples activity for suspicion.

Spark notes: the argument I had with you about strategy was 100 percent real. And I would have it again as a villager. so you better not Lynch me if we have a similar argument in the future. have it again in the future.

@DocEspana @StartingoverVet

Next level wolf brag is to humblebrag. "Its hard being a full time physician earning enough to be in the 1 percent, and keep up with this game, that's probably why I died. I didn't dedicate enough time to you guys and messed up as I spent too much time stacking these $100 bills into a jenga tower on my yacht. Sorry for letting you all down."

Jojo, you look EXACTLY like I pictured. It was an interesting game to watch. Though I'm surprised at the ability you gave my character. First off, I'm surprised I was even in this game, given my absence lately. And secondly, I'm surprised I was a villager.

And furthermore, :slap: if DocE is still alive after about N4/5, HE IS A WOLF.

/PSA

He plays differently as a wolf too.

This game was kind of "meh" for me, BUT I did sign up to play the FH role, and that kind of sucked in the end. I never knew what was going on.

This game was kind of "meh" for me, BUT I did sign up to play the FH role, and that kind of sucked in the end. I never knew what was going on.
It was suppose to be meh for you, you asked for the role, you paid more attention than I thought you were going to

Argh I am seriously dying for some chocotacos. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just go buy some tomorrow... WW is going to make me fat.

Lots of fun. Thanks, rojo & Escalla (Joscalla!) - rather than read all 8 pages I missed, I'll watch the video tomorrow during class and burst out laughing inappropriately :love: Yay wolves! Yay chocotacos!! And, for my remaining group vetties (@Lupin21 , @Abney , @tuckervet ) - so sad when I was converted. Srsly.

Lots of fun. Thanks, rojo & Escalla (Joscalla!) - rather than read all 8 pages I missed, I'll watch the video tomorrow during class and burst out laughing inappropriately :love: Yay wolves! Yay chocotacos!! And, for my remaining group vetties (@Lupin21 , @Abney , @tuckervet ) - so sad when I was converted. Srsly.
I was so sad when you betrayed me. :( ;)

thanks mods!

@kaydubs, when were you converted (sorry, I haven't gone back and read through all the post-game chatter)