rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdfoune

MDfoune
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do programs generally send out interview rejections or just simply not respond?!?!?! :confused::idea::confused:

some of the programs i have applied to i know have recently started giving out interview invites so i was wondering whether there is a certain time point after which you should assume you did not get an interview, or whether i should wait to see a rejection letter first?!?!

Members don't see this ad.

From what I was told by a faculty at my school, we should receive "something" letting us know if we are in the "yes" pile or the "no" pile. If you don't know yet, you are in the "maybe" pile. Hopefully, with the MSPE coming out next week, we will start to get some answers!!:)

Shoot, I've got a few for ya already:

Kaiser Los Angeles, Rush, St. Louis, Loyola (Chicago)... and I really am interested in going to Chicago, darn! Well I guess we'll see how next week goes!

Members don't see this ad :)
OSHU (just got it...oh well!)

thanks for replies...... i guess this just turned into the rejections thread!!! :(:(:(

cedars sinai

Members don't see this ad :)
glad its not just me... BIDMC, northwestern. anyone heard from pitt yet?

Yeah, I thought Pitt was supposed to let people know by today. They've already given internal applicants interviews.

I got an interview from UPMC yesterday... don't know if they're still giving more out or not.

Pitt, Hopkins, U of Washington

UCSF, seems like they are starting to drop like flies.

Hope this is not going to be a trend for those last ones we are waiting to hear from.

That will be really depressing.

Good luck everyone.

UofMichigan, UCSF...

UCSF, seems like they are starting to drop like flies.

Hope this is not going to be a trend for those last ones we are waiting to hear from.

That will be really depressing.

Good luck everyone.

stanford, yale, upenn, hopkins...

was just shooting randomly at school rankings so no biggie :)

I hope they keep coming so I know which ones to keep on the list now and not spend too much $$$ going tothem and saving money to other ones that might pop up at the last minute.

This whole process is so strange... My friend and I were noticing that we got an interview at BIDMC but got rejected from UCSF... but a few of you who got UCSF were rejected by Beth Is (and other places who invited me). Weird.

Anyway, NYU and UVa invited me to be on a waitlist for an interview late last week (yeaaaah right, the next 2 months are insane enough!)

i agree..this process soo strange!!!!...i got interview at brigham, cornell, mount sinai and einstein...but a rejection from nyu and bidmc..

anyways...as they say guess you end up where your supposed to be!!!

I got an interview waitlist from NYU also. Does anyone know what this means? In other words, should you even bother to go, if you're "lucky" enough to be called or is it basically a waste of time since they didn't think enough of you to grant you an interview and you're basically their backup?

i was wondering about this as well. Did any of the residents out there match at a program they were waitlisted for an interview? Or match at a program they were invited to interview at much later than other applicants? I have a feeling I'm waitlisted at several programs, since I've not been invited or rejected yet, they just didn't email me to tell me I'm on the waitlist. Just curious if its worth going or not.

Oregon, Univ of Washington, UC san diego.

Hey ornotmajestic ...are you from Quillen ..?
Howz the Ob there...? Have an interview next month....
if given a choice would plan on staying there..?

Hey ornotmajestic ...are you from Quillen ..?
Howz the Ob there...? Have an interview next month....
if given a choice would plan on staying there..?

Sorry, didn't realize you asked me a question. Yes, I am from Quillen.

OB here? Well, considering 9 of us from a class of 60 are going into OB/GYN, I'd say that is a positive reflection on the OB department here. The residents are a solid group with great didactics. OB numbers are low, but it's a smaller program, so that is usually expected. You spend 4 months out of your 4 years in Charlotte doing low-risk deliveries there, so GETTING your numbers isn't difficult. Surgery numbers are growing, seeing as the residents now have privileges at two local hospitals in which they do nothing but GYN surgeries. Also, we just got a DaVinci.

Would I stay? I would, to be honest. I think I would be very happy here. I'm still interviewing at numerous places in order to make sure my net is wide enough for match day, but I'm pretty sure Quillen will be a top choice for me. Any further questions, feel free to PM me.