Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejection from Brigham and Women's

Waitlist for interview at UCSF

Members don't see this ad.

Well...I figured that I would post my wall of shame...7 rejections total:

NYU
Hopkins
Emory
MUSC
UNC
Yale
Brigham and Women's

At this point I don't really care so much anymore...I have some awesome interviews and I am having fun on the trail so far! It has been fun meeting some of you guys.

Love how they added the stats that less than 1.4% will become an Emory resident, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Emory & Pittsburgh. Hey, at least I only have two more rejections left to hear from. :)

hey i am in great company then!

I know right? It makes me feel a lot better about my rejections when I see how many of you awesome candidates are in the same boat.

"The Emory University Integrated Gynecologic and Obstetric residency training program received over 650 applications for nine PGY1 training positions beginning July 1, 2008. Of the applicants who applied, we will be able to accept less than 1.4%."

yeah thanks for the stats...

this was yesterday. at this point i am like ....whatever. i am happy about the invites though.

UPenn, Hopkins and Pitt. Big surprise.

I'm actually more surprised that I didn't get more rejections... I know I applied to a lot of communities, but still. I've got about three programs left that I haven't heard from. I'd just like to get those little boxes filled in on my spreadsheet, you know? Reject me already!

I'd just like to get those little boxes filled in on my spreadsheet, you know? Reject me already!

Is anybody else getting the feeling that rejections are all that's going to be coming in the mailbox? Maybe it's just me...

Is anybody else getting the feeling that rejections are all that's going to be coming in the mailbox? Maybe it's just me...

It's not just you :D I called some places that hadn't given me an answer yet and I got the feeling that most hadn't rejected me yet. Also I am hesitant to go on a last second interview offer at great expense knowing that I was likely waaaay down their pecking order. Even if they would rank me I would wonder if I would have a shot at actually matching there. There are two or three programs on my list where I would be willing to take that chance but others I would not.

finally got my rejection from UNC. now, i'm just waiting on the one from Northwestern ;)

i wonder why some places are taking so long to send out rejections? at this point i have booked all my flghts b/c i doubt i will get any more invites. for those who went thru this process last year, when did rejections or invites stop for you?

i wonder why some places are taking so long to send out rejections? at this point i have booked all my flghts b/c i doubt i will get any more invites. for those who went thru this process last year, when did rejections or invites stop for you?

Some places my be holding out for last minute cancellations. Especially for January interviews I think some people will get burned out and cancel. Also some places never send rejections, you just never hear from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some places my be holding out for last minute cancellations. Especially for January interviews I think some people will get burned out and cancel. Also some places never send rejections, you just never hear from them.

I would like to know which prgms do that....never send out rejections. Maybe they are the same places that don't respond to emails or phone calls inquiring about the status of my application.

I would like to know which prgms do that....never send out rejections. Maybe they are the same places that don't respond to emails or phone calls inquiring about the status of my application.

Not sure which but my friend applied to ophto last year and several places never sent him a rejection email. Might be something more common in other specialties. Several of the places I called about my app said they were not offering any more interviews but they never officially rejected me (I think Mt. Sinai in NY said that if I recall correctly).

if these prgms subscribe to eras, they can just send a mass email to the "rejects" and just be done with it. that will cut down on the phone calls and emails they get and also cut down on my curiosity.

who hoo! whoop tee doo! Hope everyone's interview trail is going swell!

since northwestern's interview days are slowly passing by, i'm assuming they have rejected me as well :( so i've officially finally gotten a response from all my apps.

So...
Vandy sent me a rejection email back in Nov, and just last week, they sent me an invitation to interview. Do they really think I'm going to come after I've already been rejected??

I'm thinking "no" on this one.

So...
Vandy sent me a rejection email back in Nov, and just last week, they sent me an invitation to interview. Do they really think I'm going to come after I've already been rejected??

wow. that is crazy and sloppy on their part. they could have just waitlisted you from start. i agree with you on this one. i hope the interview trail is treating you well otherwise.

So...

Emory did the same thing to me a couple of days ago. Not going.

FINALLY got rejected by Chicago. I've now heard back from everybody. Well, assuming nobody tries to take back their rejections like you guys were talking about...

....just waiting on one more but their last interview date is next week so i doubt i will be interviewing there. so i guess it is all complete. is anyone else, getting tired (emotionally and physically) so far? ugh.

oh geez... i forgot about this one.

Duke rejected me a second time just in case I didn't get the message a month ago or something... :rolleyes: