RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 users
I'm so sorry for what you are going through Great Butts... here if you need anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my former coworkers at the very first veterinary clinic I worked at committed suicide yesterday.

She taught me the ropes of being a kennel tech and she was such a bright star of a person - her FB timeline is completely filled with posts from her friends, more than I've ever seen for any person I know.

She was the first time I've ever had a crush on a girl and she was unique in every way possible. I'm still reeling from the shock, gah.

Much love to you and your vet med family.

Seeing all these posts about her from an entire sea of grieving people - it just makes me so incredibly sad that people sometimes forget how loved and wanted they are.

Suicide and depression is such a terrible thing.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Butts. We are all here if you need someone to talk/vent to.

One of my former coworkers at the very first veterinary clinic I worked at committed suicide yesterday.

She taught me the ropes of being a kennel tech and she was such a bright star of a person - her FB timeline is completely filled with posts from her friends, more than I've ever seen for any person I know.

She was the first time I've ever had a crush on a girl and she was unique in every way possible. I'm still reeling from the shock, gah.
@Great Butts ... very sorry to hear about the loss of your former co-worker. Understandably, it must be a big shock to you and to everyone else who was touched by her unique presence. Sending you my kindest thoughts.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost a friend to suicide as well, if I can help please pm me.

So our personal pets are banned from the hospital for a month due to a canine influenza outbreak in my area. My dog usually comes to work with me so it's been an adjustment. He is also a trash raider when left alone at home. I left him out loose today and forgot to lock the trash can (yes, I have a trash can that locks because otherwise he'll get into it). Tonight I also went out with some other residents and didn't go home after work, figuring he'd be okay for another couple hours. Get home, fine two piles of poop, one urine spot, and four piles of vomit containing pieces of a corn cob he dug out of the unlocked trash can. Luckily he has IBD so the people food made him vomit...I think 1/2 to 2/3 of it was probably thrown up. From what was in the vomit, I think he chewed it up well enough it won't be a problem, but this dude needs all the anti-foreign body thoughts people can muster in hopes that he doesn't end up with a corn cob foreign body this weekend. It's my own dumb fault for forgetting to lock the trash can, but ugh. He seems to feel fine though and has been napping on the back of my couch, which he knows isn't really allowed.

IMG_6280.JPG

Reactions: 5 users
So our personal pets are banned from the hospital for a month due to a canine influenza outbreak in my area. My dog usually comes to work with me so it's been an adjustment. He is also a trash raider when left alone at home. I left him out loose today and forgot to lock the trash can (yes, I have a trash can that locks because otherwise he'll get into it). Tonight I also went out with some other residents and didn't go home after work, figuring he'd be okay for another couple hours. Get home, fine two piles of poop, one urine spot, and four piles of vomit containing pieces of a corn cob he dug out of the unlocked trash can. Luckily he has IBD so the people food made him vomit...I think 1/2 to 2/3 of it was probably thrown up. From what was in the vomit, I think he chewed it up well enough it won't be a problem, but this dude needs all the anti-foreign body thoughts people can muster in hopes that he doesn't end up with a corn cob foreign body this weekend. It's my own dumb fault for forgetting to lock the trash can, but ugh. He seems to feel fine though and has been napping on the back of my couch, which he knows isn't really allowed.

View attachment 219836
Cutie! I hope he feels good still tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Arguing with people who don't understand student loans or loan forgiveness programs is always fun. It's sad how many people have this immediate disdain for government workers too, though it's fun watching them try to reconcile their contempt when you remind them that people like teachers and librarians are also government workers.

My riding coach had to put her mare down today. I learned to ride on that mare. 1200lbs of pure oppinionated talent. :( She'll be missed deeply by lots of people.
:(:(:(

Ugh! I forgot to sign up for the call in option for jury duty last week and now I'm stuck coming in everyday! So much for sleeping in and getting house stuff done, packing, wedding stuff, etc.

So so so annoyed with myself.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Still just having to get vet hours by volunteering at the spay neuter clinic in town because ive yet to not be rejected anywhere else- which is fine, I don't mind helping out, but I can only watch spays so many times before it starts to get a little old....

Well, doggo seems fine after his corn-cob chewing/ingestion/vomiting experience.
In other news, I've mysteriously developed hives on my arms the past two mornings. They tingle more so than itch, are red, and fairly quickly respond to 50 mg of Benadryl...but today it was hard to work through the diphenhydramine-induced drowsiness. Hopefully they don't recur tomorrow, but if they do I suppose a visit to a doctor is in order. I've never had an allergic reaction like this in my life but can't narrow down anything that was new or even the same between these two mornings.

Went to look at an apartment today which was advertised as a 1br...more like maybe half a studio. With the narrowest winding staircase that I don't think you can physically fit anything up. Need to be out of my place still by July 1st and still homeless.

Went to look at an apartment today which was advertised as a 1br...more like maybe half a studio. With the narrowest winding staircase that I don't think you can physically fit anything up. Need to be out of my place still by July 1st and still homeless.
oh so it's like an efficiency? i don't have a lot of stuff, and I lived in one of those one time. It's not terrible. but yeah, should not be advertised as a 1bd. I hope you find a place soon!

Screw life in general and today in particular. I don't even know why today sucks so bad everything is just so crappy. Ever have one of those days where it's just hard to appreciate the good things in life? Maybe is just rainy day blues. :(

Reactions: 2 users
oh so it's like an efficiency? i don't have a lot of stuff, and I lived in one of those one time. It's not terrible. but yeah, should not be advertised as a 1bd. I hope you find a place soon!

Yeah basically. I don't have a lot of furniture currently, but my bed would have taken up like the whole apartment. No idea where I would have put my guinea pigs or my dog's crate.

So I need a little advice on a dilemma I'm having at work. I work at a SA practice and am going to be quitting in a few weeks to give myself time to get ready to move to vet school, spend time with friends/family, etc. (gave my one month notice and everything is all good). So my manager is working on finding new people to hire. Today we had a working interview and one of my co-workers completely sabotaged it. Said all these bad things about the clinic and how the person should think twice about working here. She also said these things in front of a new volunteer who is a soon to be second year vet student. The working interview ended up leaving abruptly and my manager wasn't sure what happened.

While many of these things are true about the clinic unfortunately (guys get paid more because the docs like them better, the manager starts drama/gossips, we don't get to do a lot of things like placing catheters etc), I feel like what she did was wrong and will make it harder for me to leave when I planned especially if she keeps doing it (they know I'm going to be around and a few people have said after I put in my notice that they plan on quitting around the same time). Should I tell my manager about this? I thought this co-worker was my friend and I really don't want to start any drama. Since my manager is kind of a gossip, I know that it is highly probable that it would come out to the co-worker that I was the one who said something. Or should I just keep my head down until I leave? I know this co-worker is already looking for another job, but it might be a while before she leaves. Any input would be appreciated

So I need a little advice on a dilemma I'm having at work. I work at a SA practice and am going to be quitting in a few weeks to give myself time to get ready to move to vet school, spend time with friends/family, etc. (gave my one month notice and everything is all good). So my manager is working on finding new people to hire. Today we had a working interview and one of my co-workers completely sabotaged it. Said all these bad things about the clinic and how the person should think twice about working here. She also said these things in front of a new volunteer who is a soon to be second year vet student. The working interview ended up leaving abruptly and my manager wasn't sure what happened.

While many of these things are true about the clinic unfortunately (guys get paid more because the docs like them better, the manager starts drama/gossips, we don't get to do a lot of things like placing catheters etc), I feel like what she did was wrong and will make it harder for me to leave when I planned especially if she keeps doing it (they know I'm going to be around and a few people have said after I put in my notice that they plan on quitting around the same time). Should I tell my manager about this? I thought this co-worker was my friend and I really don't want to start any drama. Since my manager is kind of a gossip, I know that it is highly probable that it would come out to the co-worker that I was the one who said something. Or should I just keep my head down until I leave? I know this co-worker is already looking for another job, but it might be a while before she leaves. Any input would be appreciated
The coworker is the one that is going to have to deal with not having help in that case. This should have no bearing on you leaving when you said you were. Do not feel obligated to stay. Personally, I would just ask her what her end game is for driving away people, but that is me.

Reactions: 9 users
The coworker is the one that is going to have to deal with not having help in that case. This should have no bearing on you leaving when you said you were. Do not feel obligated to stay. Personally, I would just ask her what her end game is for driving away people, but that is me.

True. It's just very possible that my manager would ask me to stay longer. And I guess I just feel bad that it seems like at least 2 other people are leaving around the same time and it's a fairly small staff. Yeah that's a good thought. It really doesn't make sense for her to make working there even harder by having even less help

True. It's just very possible that my manager would ask me to stay longer. And I guess I just feel bad that it seems like at least 2 other people are leaving around the same time and it's a fairly small staff. Yeah that's a good thought. It really doesn't make sense for her to make working there even harder by having even less help
Definitely don't let your manager guilt you into staying longer, you gave plenty of notice and it's really not your problem if they're having trouble finding someone to hire. I agree I would maybe say something to your co-worker rather than the manager since you said the co-worker is your friend and the manager is a bit of a gossip. Maybe she was just trying to be honest and didn't realize how badly it was coming across?

Reactions: 3 users
Screw life in general and today in particular. I don't even know why today sucks so bad everything is just so crappy. Ever have one of those days where it's just hard to appreciate the good things in life? Maybe is just rainy day blues. :(
@Coopah ... hope things feel better for you!

Sending lots of good thoughts and hugs to you! :cat:

kittenhugs1.jpg

No WiFi for me. :( The pole is far enough from the house that the line they brought would sag over the road and be ripped out by a passing semi, so they need to bring the thicker stuff. They aren't sure whether it is worth their time for 1 house. My neighbors are in the same boat, except their house is even further from the pole.

This sounds like it would help, but despite being on the same property, our houses are hooked up on different powerless coming from different directions.

They said they will think about it and let us know if it is worth their time.:dead:

Sorry for your loss DVMD

My grandma is gone. Going to miss her very much. :cryi:
I'm so sorry. I lost my grandmother a little over a month ago so I feel for you. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Medicaid is great when you have no money and limited options. It's not so great when you need to cancel it and you get told something wrong and then they don't update your address (even though your address is in their system) which causes you to not receive your mailed notifications etc. Not very amused right now.

My cousin was the police officer injured in the shooting in Baltimore this afternoon. Wow. After a LONG day at work (and some complaining among myself, coworkers, and doctors about how over booked the schedule can get), it was definitely a powerful reminder that I get to come home after every shift.

My cousin was the police officer injured in the shooting in Baltimore this afternoon. Wow. After a LONG day at work (and some complaining among myself, coworkers, and doctors about how over booked the schedule can get), it was definitely a powerful reminder that I get to come home after every shift.
I'm sorry wally<3
I hope your cousin pulls through<3<3<3