Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part 9

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread, part 9!! This is just a fun thread for random conversations and is frequented by some pretty awesome folks! :D Everyone is welcome!

lol%20keyboard.jpg

Final tally from part 8:
beary 1,307
Nikki2002 1,060
Anastasis 962
jlw9698 879
WilliamsF1 584
Arsenic 584
megboo 467
mshheaddoc 458
lilithny 379
Dr Durden 376
TypeA 357
oxeye 346
Mr. Tee 338
scentimint 322
UMP 296
BrettBatchelor 228
R.P. McMurphy 208
Crazy Canuck 177
supernova33418 168
gujuDoc 114
Hernandez 83
MollyMalone 81
QofQuimica 62
RAD11 53
Pemberley 24
Celina 13
Penny2004 12
gradu8in2003 12
R.P.McMurphy 8
EvoDevo 8
baylormed 6
rcd 4
Bismuth 4
BeatrixKiddo 3
Cozmosis 3
DRKUBA 3
corbis11 2
DrKnowItAll 2
Four 2
da_donut 1
physiclas87 1
smuwillobrien 1
polarbingbear 1
simpleman 1
sweetstuff25 1
supafield 1
icey 1
Darlaa 1

Members don't see this ad.

only problem with caffeine is that you just have urges to pee every hour. they should find a way to get around that somehow.

Members don't see this ad :)
peeing so often is so annoying. must be pretty rough

It's rough when you're on the interstate and you have to pee and you've just passed a sign that says "next exit 50 miles" :laugh:.

Or an average of twice at the movies, and when you can gauge how much time is left in class by which trip to the bathroom you're on.

I just have an overactive bladder. Runs in the family ;)

Oxeye - I was up all night with an upset stomach, too!

I was having dreams with weird sensations happening to me in my abdomen, only to wake and have gurgling or tummy ache! Very strange.

Ugh. I only slept maybe 3 hours last night and am sooo tired, but sooo wired. Am I ready to be a med student now? :)

I was having dreams with weird sensations happening to me in my abdomen, only to wake and have gurgling or tummy ache! Very strange.

Ugh. I only slept maybe 3 hours last night and am sooo tired, but sooo wired. Am I ready to be a med student now? :)

You're preggers!! :smuggrin:

J/K - just sounded like my sister's description of the baby moving.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am soooooo going to try it this week! Did you use canned/bottled juice or fresh grapefruit? And with how much/what form of caffeine?

I am sooooo not a morning person and need to get myself in the habit of starting my day at 6am. If this might work, I'll try it!
I'm going to try this this morning... I didn't yesterday since I had stuff I wanted to do and it sounded sneakily like a plan to make me throw up. :p

Soooo not pregnant. But wishful thinking ;) Although it would really mess with my plans to go to med school.

Yeah in my vivid dreams, I dreamt I was scuba diving and there was a tiger shark coming up on me, only it was a shark body with a tiger head! Because of that it wasn't threatening at all :)

I wonder if prednisone gives vivid dreams (I'm pretty sure that's why I was extra wired last night, too).

Soooo not pregnant. But wishful thinking ;) Although it would really mess with my plans to go to med school.

Yeah in my vivid dreams, I dreamt I was scuba diving and there was a tiger shark coming up on me, only it was a shark body with a tiger head! Because of that it wasn't threatening at all :)

I wonder if prednisone gives vivid dreams (I'm pretty sure that's why I was extra wired last night, too).
mmm...shigers. you just made up your own animal

I am soooooo going to try it this week! Did you use canned/bottled juice or fresh grapefruit? And with how much/what form of caffeine?

I am sooooo not a morning person and need to get myself in the habit of starting my day at 6am. If this might work, I'll try it!
Well, the buzz lasted about 7 hours, but I will repeat the experiment this morning in order to determine validity. ;)

I just had a diet coke with about four oz. of carton grapefruit juice. That's all it took.

Congrats on the wedding invite. Sounds like fun! :)

We got a little it of ice here in northern IL, but nothing extreme. Anyone get hammered by the alleged storm of century?
nothing here besides rain. kinda boring, actually. but it's finally supposed to be winter this week, with some snow expected tuesday and wednesday.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have bizarre nightmares as well. My worst one was being on the top deck of the football stadium at A&M and it fell off after the wind blew really hard. (Yeah because an eight story concrete structrue is really going to fall over in a stiff breeze :rolleyes: )

I know what you mean. I am a lucid dreamer and often remember my dreams. It's interesting how the daily goings-on of your life can be reflected in dreams.

I'm assuming (hoping) that the MCAT is my "shiger" - a supposed scary beast that ends up being not scary at all :)

Well, the buzz lasted about 7 hours, but I will repeat the experiment this morning in order to determine validity. ;)

I just had a diet coke with about four oz. of carton grapefruit juice. That's all it took.

Congrats on the wedding invite. Sounds like fun! :)

we used to have grapefruit trees. one time a giant grapefruit fell off the tree and hit my head. it really hurt! then i ate it.

I know what you mean. I am a lucid dreamer and often remember my dreams. It's interesting how the daily goings-on of your life can be reflected in dreams.

I'm assuming (hoping) that the MCAT is my "shiger" - a supposed scary beast that ends up being not scary at all :)
No kidding! The dreams during finals (when you're super stressed) are always the most vivid in my opinion. I remember having a really vivid dream where I was hanging out with beary once... I think we were killing cockroaches or something... but huge monster cockroaches. I don't really remember the details.

I wouldn't be surprised if vivid dreams are a side effect of prednisone.

the mcat is definately my shiger

reminds me of napoleon dynamite with liger. actually i saw a liger on tv so i suppose they really exist.

That's about how much sleep I got last night too. When I was finally feeling better and went back to bed, one of the dogs started barking to be let out. Then when I let her out, one of the kids upstairs woke up and I had to get her back to sleep.

Overall, not a great night. We can be tired together today. :( And yes we both totally ready to be med students. Or moms. I'm not sure which gets less sleep! :laugh:

You could so have a baby now. You're applying for 2008 right? The kid would be a whole year old by the time you started. ;)

Now if I had another baby right now, my plans would be totally messed up!

Oh yeah - and I had REALLY vivid dreams when I was pregnant!

I'm just saying ......

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have bizarre nightmares as well. My worst one was being on the top deck of the football stadium at A&M and it fell off after the wind blew really hard. (Yeah because an eight story concrete structrue is really going to fall over in a stiff breeze :rolleyes: )
Yeah, that could happen. ;)

My freakiest dream was when I was pregnant with my littlest one. I dreamt she was stillborn at 28 weeks and I was there watching them do an autopsy on her. I've never been so happy to wake up and realize it was just a dream.

My weirdest dream was also when I was pregnant - I was a serial killer and going around and lopping off people's heads with a chainsaw. The disturbing part is that the people I was killing are people I knew in real life but wasn't very fond off.

My weirdest dream was also when I was pregnant - I was a serial killer and going around and lopping off people's heads with a chainsaw. The disturbing part is that the people I was killing are people I knew in real life but wasn't very fond off.

well i certainly wouldn't want to get on your bad side!!

*backs away slowly*

:p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.