Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part 9

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread, part 9!! This is just a fun thread for random conversations and is frequented by some pretty awesome folks! :D Everyone is welcome!

lol%20keyboard.jpg

Final tally from part 8:
beary 1,307
Nikki2002 1,060
Anastasis 962
jlw9698 879
WilliamsF1 584
Arsenic 584
megboo 467
mshheaddoc 458
lilithny 379
Dr Durden 376
TypeA 357
oxeye 346
Mr. Tee 338
scentimint 322
UMP 296
BrettBatchelor 228
R.P. McMurphy 208
Crazy Canuck 177
supernova33418 168
gujuDoc 114
Hernandez 83
MollyMalone 81
QofQuimica 62
RAD11 53
Pemberley 24
Celina 13
Penny2004 12
gradu8in2003 12
R.P.McMurphy 8
EvoDevo 8
baylormed 6
rcd 4
Bismuth 4
BeatrixKiddo 3
Cozmosis 3
DRKUBA 3
corbis11 2
DrKnowItAll 2
Four 2
da_donut 1
physiclas87 1
smuwillobrien 1
polarbingbear 1
simpleman 1
sweetstuff25 1
supafield 1
icey 1
Darlaa 1

Members don't see this ad.

I'll let you borrow my kids. ;)

Seriously, though - the baby bug is tough. The only cure for me was a baby. :(

:)

Even being around other people's toddlers all day still makes me want my own.

The pros to waiting, though are that my husband plans to stay at home with them until the school years, so there is good reason for us to wait.

We'll just be a little older, and try to have them back-to-back. Mid 30's doesn't seem so bad when I see moms all the time in their late 30's to early 40's running after kids.

I just hope I'll still want them as much as I do now (i think I will :))

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do I get the silliest songs stuck in my head? Right now it's the Maneater song by Nelly Furtado. I think I've only heard the song like twice...:p

:confused: I thought it was pawned?

On a related note though, I lawled when I saw the "Rejected by your pwn school" thread in the Thunderdome.

Yeah when I saw that thread I was so thirsty I went to Rofl House and ordered their lmaonade.

I don't wanna be at work. I wanna be home snuggled up on the couch with a movie and some cocoa. And maybe a book that has nothing to do with science. :(

I feel your pain. I'm trying to do some work in the office this aft. It's going very slowly.

Mmmm hot cocoa.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you all for indulging my little pity party there +pity+

It could be a lot worse for me right now, so I have that to be thankful for. I've actually gotten an initial assessment and entire set of progress notes done for my self-employment gig. :thumbup: Let's see if productivity begets productivity.....

yeah, right :rolleyes:

Okay, now THAT is amazing. :laugh: I can barely tolerate other people's children. The only kids I am particularly fond of are my own and my niece. :)

I think the fact that children at the age I see them are just so innocent. I rarely meet a child under 3 I don't like. The parents on the other hand....... :eek:!

Got my hair cut last week and went for a more razored effect and extremely layered with my longest layers forming a shoulder-length shag. I have red hair with blond hilites I do myself (normal red - not the fire-engine I used to have a while back!)

I really like it because my hair is thick, so I can wash it, put a little mousse or gel in it and just dry it (while using one hand to tousle it during drying) and it has so much body and texture! If I remember, I'll take a pic tomorrow of it.

Yeah, I was just looking through old pictures of myself. I've done the highlights thing WAY too much. I found a few from when I had dark hair before and it looked pretty nice. So I'll probably do that again.

My biggest problem is trying to go dark without going red - my hair really takes on red hues for some odd reason.

I still need to figure out a cut. ;)

Hey S&M! Do you know when UAB makes their decisions?
hey tee!
they said they don't do anything rolling...they have one or two more interview sessions and then they make their decisions during the first week of february. i should find out from them during the 2nd week of feb, and their 2nd look weekend is march 15-16.

hey tee!
they said they don't do anything rolling...they have one or two more interview sessions and then they make their decisions during the first week of february. i should find out from them during the 2nd week of feb, and their 2nd look weekend is march 15-16.

Waiting sucks!

Good :luck: though!

You know it's weird...on the one hand, I want these 2 months to fly by for decisions to come...but on the other hand, I want the semester to creep by because it's my last time to be in college.

Waiting sucks!

Good :luck: though!

You know it's weird...on the one hand, I want these 2 months to fly by for decisions to come...but on the other hand, I want the semester to creep by because it's my last time to be in college.
thanks! luck to you too, though i'm sure you are relieved to have a few acceptances in the bag already :)

i know what you mean about the waiting. it would be nice to know where i'm going to be next year, but at the same time, it's nice to still have some relaxation time before things get really crazy.

Now we have an Ice Storm Warning. :scared: :scared:

...ICE STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM
EST MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DETROIT/PONTIAC HAS ISSUED AN ICE
STORM WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO
12 PM EST MONDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

FREEZING RAIN...POSSIBLY MIXED WITH SLEET...WILL OVERSPREAD THE
AREA LATE THIS EVENING AND CONTINUE INTO THE MORNING HOURS OF
MONDAY. SIGNIFICANT ICING IS EXPECTED...WITH WIDESPREAD ICE
ACCUMULATIONS BETWEEN ONE QUARTER TO ONE HALF INCH...ALONG WITH
MINOR SLEET ACCUMULATIONS.

AN ICE STORM WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE
EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF ICE ACCUMULATIONS
WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS OR IMPOSSIBLE. TRAVEL IS STRONGLY
DISCOURAGED. COMMERCE WILL LIKELY BE SEVERELY IMPACTED. IF YOU
MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR
VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY. ICE ACCUMULATIONS AND WINDS WILL
LIKELY LEAD TO SNAPPED POWER LINES AND FALLING TREE BRANCHES THAT