Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part 9

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread, part 9!! This is just a fun thread for random conversations and is frequented by some pretty awesome folks! :D Everyone is welcome!

lol%20keyboard.jpg

Final tally from part 8:
beary 1,307
Nikki2002 1,060
Anastasis 962
jlw9698 879
WilliamsF1 584
Arsenic 584
megboo 467
mshheaddoc 458
lilithny 379
Dr Durden 376
TypeA 357
oxeye 346
Mr. Tee 338
scentimint 322
UMP 296
BrettBatchelor 228
R.P. McMurphy 208
Crazy Canuck 177
supernova33418 168
gujuDoc 114
Hernandez 83
MollyMalone 81
QofQuimica 62
RAD11 53
Pemberley 24
Celina 13
Penny2004 12
gradu8in2003 12
R.P.McMurphy 8
EvoDevo 8
baylormed 6
rcd 4
Bismuth 4
BeatrixKiddo 3
Cozmosis 3
DRKUBA 3
corbis11 2
DrKnowItAll 2
Four 2
da_donut 1
physiclas87 1
smuwillobrien 1
polarbingbear 1
simpleman 1
sweetstuff25 1
supafield 1
icey 1
Darlaa 1

Members don't see this ad.

As I admitted last night, I've got a huge thing for Asians and Latinos... Plus a really really brilliant guy is ALWAYS hot, and we all already know my uniform obsession (Thanks to a Texas upbringing). *sigh* ;)

About the only thing I don't find attractive is a super conservative guy.... Hmmm... :idea:
so, mark vincent aka vin diesel in a uniform must be very attractive for you

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! i'm on call at the VA again, 7-7. then tomorrow i'm on again to present to the attending our admissions from today, meaning its a black weekend with shifts on both sat and sun but LUCKILY i'm off monday. the other half of the team will be on call then so the other student and residents will be here then. at least with monday off its not a total black weekend. :D

hey guys! i'm on call at the VA again, 7-7. then tomorrow i'm on again to present to the attending our admissions from today, meaning its a black weekend with shifts on both sat and sun but LUCKILY i'm off monday. the other half of the team will be on call then so the other student and residents will be here then. at least with monday off its not a total black weekend. :D
Ugh. Have fun with that, A-man. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Many, apparently. ;)
Fun fact for the day: supposedly imbibing grapefruit juice with your caffeine inhibits the cytochrome p450 that metabolize the caffeine, thereby prolonging the 'buzz' about 7-8 hours.

I'm performing an experiment to track whether this is true or not. Results to follow. :)

Many, apparently. ;)

Well I am about to drive over and get my new really cool digital camera... :idea: :laugh:

Fun fact for the day: supposedly imbibing grapefruit juice with your caffeine inhibits the cytochrome p450 that metabolize the caffeine, thereby prolonging the 'buzz' about 7-8 hours.

I'm performing an experiment to track whether this is true or not. Results to follow. :)

I have coffee made and I think I have some grapefruit juice... Hmmm...

Well I am about to drive over and get my new really cool digital camera... :idea: :laugh:
Oooooo!! Which one are you getting? I just bought the Canon Powershot 630:
sd630_586x225.jpg

I have coffee made and I think I have some grapefruit juice... Hmmm...
The thought of you that jacked up on caffeine...:scared:

;)

hey sweetie! :love: sorry you are on call all weekend......you have to present all the admissions--whoa! ttyl

woo-hoo!!! grapefruit juice and coffee---yum yum

Oooooo!! Which one are you getting? I just bought the Canon Powershot 630:
sd630_586x225.jpg

The thought of you that jacked up on caffeine...:scared:

;)

I'm getting a Canon a540 - I wanted the option to control f-stop and shutter speed. I swore I wouldn't get a digital until I could and this one is in my price range :clap: :) I love Canons! My old SLR is a Canon AE-1 and it's da bomb!

And babe, I'm always jacked up on caffeine ;)

Do you actually get a buzz from caffeine?

I think I'm so dependent on the stuff it just makes me feel normal. How sad. :(

Good :luck:with the blood drawing.

I hear that Verizon's phones are teh suck. Have you thought about Sprint or T-Mobile???

I myself am going to get my car's inspection and registration renewed.

Dude, we already have Nextel (Sprint) and they are teh suck. 1000 times over. T-mobile is out because their coverage is sporadic where we live. I had Verizon in Mobile and loved it, but switched to Nextel when I moved up north because the coverage was iffy. Now that they bought ATT (with a big Chicagoland market) the coverage is much better.

I was actually able to make a phone call inside my house with Verizon service and not get dropped, unlike Nextel. But, to each his/her own!

I had the most kick-butt phlebotomist today. She drew 7 vials and there was literally no pain. She was surprised when I told her thanks!

nice... so what's yer final thoughts? Need to repeat or get more subjects or both? ;)

verizon has this phone that a few of my friends have that opens in the middle to a keyboard. i may just get it or just stick it out with my crappy phone right now until my contract ends so i'll have more options by then

That's the one I got - the LG one. Um.... here's the pic....

open-angle.jpg

I have the newer one with a 2.0 MP camera in it.

Dude - dreamgirls totally kicked ass. Great music! And I thought they did a good job of not making the musical side totally hokey and cheesy. Really really good movie.

Awesome. We are so going to see it then. Maybe tomorrow for the early show or sthg. We decided to go to a trivia nite tonight to support the St. Charles, IL wrestling team :)

Dude, we already have Nextel (Sprint) and they are teh suck. 1000 times over. T-mobile is out because their coverage is sporadic where we live. I had Verizon in Mobile and loved it, but switched to Nextel when I moved up north because the coverage was iffy. Now that they bought ATT (with a big Chicagoland market) the coverage is much better.

I was actually able to make a phone call inside my house with Verizon service and not get dropped, unlike Nextel. But, to each his/her own!

I had the most kick-butt phlebotomist today. She drew 7 vials and there was literally no pain. She was surprised when I told her thanks!
Ah, I hadn't remembered that Nextel=Sprint. :oops:

Five hours in and still buzzing.

I call placebo effect. :p
beary, I'm here. :love:

evo, how was the date? I'm guessing iffy if you're back on SDN already. ;)

Tee, we are completely serious. Shirtless pic. Posted here. Now. :cool:

Are any of the rest of you having trouble logging on tonight? Server has been horrible to me anyway.

I'm making spinach and mushroom lasagna. Anyone want to come over and have some???

Eeeeeeee!!
My sister went to her OB/GYN tonight. It's official! If my new niece/nephew chooses to make an appearance while I'm up there for a month (right around the due date ;) ) I will get to catch!! :clap: :clap:

I am so excited!

MMMM that lasagna sounds excellent at 1:30am!!!!!

I was the designated driver tonight so I tried to eat less and drink caffeinated bevarages, and I'm still wide awake (and hungry) and that would sooooo hit the spot if it were in front of me! :D

We're going to Canada in July! Some friends are getting married, and tonight the groom asked my husband to be a groomsman, so we're definitely going now! Awesome!

I am soooooo going to try it this week! Did you use canned/bottled juice or fresh grapefruit? And with how much/what form of caffeine?

I am sooooo not a morning person and need to get myself in the habit of starting my day at 6am. If this might work, I'll try it!

Status
Not open for further replies.