Random AADSAS Questions: 2017-2018 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the transcript entry, how do we note if a Gen Chem class on your transcript includes both the class and the lab? The FAQ section didnt specify, at least not that I could find.

Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

How do you check your GPA on the application? I haven't submitted mine yet so does it only show up after you submit or after you submit and it gets verified?

How do you check your GPA on the application? I haven't submitted mine yet so does it only show up after you submit or after you submit and it gets verified?

Yup, after it gets verified

Members don't see this ad :)
What happens if the course subject is not on the adsas application then do you pick the next best thing? Also how much leeway do we have with any minor errors on the application? Errors in terms of the thing I just asked.
Thanks

How will schools know which LoR is from a science or non-science professor? It isn't specified in the application, maybe on the instructions when you send them the link?

What happens if the course subject is not on the adsas application then do you pick the next best thing? Also how much leeway do we have with any minor errors on the application? Errors in terms of the thing I just asked.
Thanks
They'll change some things so minor mistakes are okay. Nothing to worry about

How will schools know which LoR is from a science or non-science professor? It isn't specified in the application, maybe on the instructions when you send them the link?
I think the evaluators has to put his info when he submits. So they'll specify what type of prof they are!

How does one go about indicating pre req courses that I plan on taking on the application?

Has anyone else had trouble with AADSAS when calling to have them upload your DAT scores to your application? I took my DAT two and half weeks ago, and the scores have been posted/closed on the ADA website, but AADSAS basically refuses to link my scores... They have been really rude any time I have called, and the guy today basically told me to wait an entire month until I call again to have my scores uploaded since they will supposedly "automatically" show up on my application, and there is no need to link them. I'm in a time crunch since this is the last piece of info that schools need from me, but don't really know what to do. :(

Has anyone else had trouble with AADSAS when calling to have them upload your DAT scores to your application? I took my DAT two and half weeks ago, and the scores have been posted/closed on the ADA website, but AADSAS basically refuses to link my scores... They have been really rude any time I have called, and the guy today basically told me to wait an entire month until I call again to have my scores uploaded since they will supposedly "automatically" show up on my application, and there is no need to link them. I'm in a time crunch since this is the last piece of info that schools need from me, but don't really know what to do. :(
I am on the same boat as you. I called today to both ADA and AADSAS. From what I understood, they stated that if you picked schools prior to taking the DAT, it should automatically be sent to AADSAS. I asked about the "linking" of our ADA scores to AADSAS and that's the only process they told me. In terms of the wait time for AADSAS to process or link our scores, ADA does not know and said it's up to AADSAS. AADSAS said something like a week to a month it wasn't really clarified...

Keep me updated as well if yours is uploaded! I took the DAT around the same time as well haha. I'm stressing if our schools got them :(

Reactions: 1 user
I am on the same boat as you. I called today to both ADA and AADSAS. From what I understood, they stated that if you picked schools prior to taking the DAT, it should automatically be sent to AADSAS. I asked about the "linking" of our ADA scores to AADSAS and that's the only process they told me. In terms of the wait time for AADSAS to process or link our scores, ADA does not know and said it's up to AADSAS. AADSAS said something like a week to a month it wasn't really clarified...

Keep me updated as well if yours is uploaded! I took the DAT around the same time as well haha. I'm stressing if our schools got them :(

Thank you for this! I'm glad I'm not the only one. So, I decided to call AADSAS back in the afternoon because I've had really bad luck speaking with the people who work in the morning (maybe they're not morning people? lol), and this lady was super nice! She said that the ADA usually electronically sends scores on Fridays, and recommended that I call tomorrow around 2-3pm to check to see if they've received my scores. She also said it could take up to four weeks, but most likely won't! Hope this helps :) maybe if you call tomorrow afternoon or sometime next week they will have them!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for this! I'm glad I'm not the only one. So, I decided to call AADSAS back in the afternoon because I've had really bad luck speaking with the people who work in the morning (maybe they're not morning people? lol), and this lady was super nice! She said that the ADA usually electronically sends scores on Fridays, and recommended that I call tomorrow around 2-3pm to check to see if they've received my scores. She also said it could take up to four weeks, but most likely won't! Hope this helps :) maybe if you call tomorrow afternoon or sometime next week they will have them!

Sounds good. I plan to! I'll give you a heads up as well if they received mine tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up! Best wishes to the both of us for this cycle ^^

I took a writing placement exam at my school which allowed me to skip the Writing 1 class and enroll in Writing 2. How do I show that on my application?

Should I include Writing 1 with a grade of "Pass" and mark it on the transcript verification form. I'm worried it might conflict with my actual transcript because it doesn't show Writing 1 anywhere. Thank you!

Sounds good. I plan to! I'll give you a heads up as well if they received mine tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up! Best wishes to the both of us for this cycle ^^

Yes!! Thanks so much :)

I have two questions about letters of evaluation if anyone can answer. Thank you in advance for any help!!

1) I know for TMDSAS that the letters need to be on an official letterhead and have the writer's signature. My evaluator did not initially include this in her letter, so she had to fix it and resubmit it to interfolio. However, I had already uploaded her original letter to AADSAS and it is complete and won't allow me to delete it. Is there any way that I can replace the original letter with the new updated one on official letterhead?

2) I know that you can submit the application without all of your letters, but when I was about to submit I read something that said that the letters section of the application would lock once submitted? Does this mean that if I submit my application I need to have already sent a request to all of my letter writers and won't be able add anything after I submit? I am using Interfolio to submit my letters and am still waiting on one more.

Last edited:
Do you know if the application also gets processed during the weekend. I can turn in my application tomorrow but I feel like why not just wait until Sunday night because I think it only gets worked on during business days. Is this true?

Do you know if the application also gets processed during the weekend. I can turn in my application tomorrow but I feel like why not just wait until Sunday night because I think it only gets worked on during business days. Is this true?
No not really. Some schools have come out with interviews like i would take a few more days to double check if you feel like you need to. I'd say the great majority of school only work Monday-Friday

I submitted my application a few weeks ago and everything has been verified. The only thing left that schools need are my official DAT scores.
I just checked my application and my official scores are posted. Do they receive an alert/notification when our official DAT scores are posted or do I have to send them an email to let them know?

I submitted my application a few weeks ago and everything has been verified. The only thing left that schools need are my official DAT scores.
I just checked my application and my official scores are posted. Do they receive an alert/notification when our official DAT scores are posted or do I have to send them an email to let them know?

I don't know the answer for your question, but how long did it take for your dat score to be verified?

If I submit my application I can still add more letters and schools correct? Right not I'm delaying it for a letter but I feel like I should submit to get everything processed and then add the school once I get the letter. Does this work and if I do that would it be instant once everything is verified.

It's been 2 weeks for me. When you check ADA what does it say? Mine says in progress. What it's done does it say submitted or something
It says closed. I think it usually takes 2-3 weeks. When did you take it?

If I submit my application I can still add more letters and schools correct? Right not I'm delaying it for a letter but I feel like I should submit to get everything processed and then add the school once I get the letter. Does this work and if I do that would it be instant once everything is verified.
bump

Yes, once you submit your application, you can still add more schools. Then once your GPA is verified, your application is sent to whatever school you added immediately. There is no "re-verification" lag time. However, different schools process applications at different rates. I have no idea about adding letters though. You'll have to ask AADSAS about that.

If AADSAS are not doing anything about it contact the schools you are applying and ask if you can send your scores directly to the schools, that's what I was told by the schools I'm applying. As most schools won't review your application til they have your DAT scores.

I'm ordering an electronic copy of my transcript to be sent to AADSAS, and it is asking me to provide an email address to which the link to the transcript will be sent. Which email address should I use??
It won't get send unless it comes from specific program, if the transcript that you are trying to send is from a school that doesn't have the program (like credential solutions) AADSAS told me their system erase those emails automatically.

Did anyone's starred most important experiences change when adding more experiences and when submitting? It left my most important work experience unstarred. Thanks

Did anyone's starred most important experiences change when adding more experiences and when submitting? It left my most important work experience unstarred. Thanks

At first glance, I thought that too! However, the application really just leaves the highlighted experiences as blank stars. The black stars are the ones that you chose not to highlight! Hope this helps!

If AADSAS are not doing anything about it contact the schools you are applying and ask if you can send your scores directly to the schools, that's what I was told by the schools I'm applying. As most schools won't review your application til they have your DAT scores.

Just got it resolved! Thanks so much.

Hey I called today and they were able to link my scores since they had received them from the ADA. So yours should be available soon, if not today!

Hey I called today and they were able to link my scores since they had received them from the ADA. So yours should be available soon, if not today!

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up, I really appreciate it! I'll check it out tomorrow. I've been waiting as well. Hoping for the best!

Call AADSAS when your DAT scores are on ADA completed
I call them and they automatically put me on hold without saying anything. 20 seconds later they hang up. What is this?

I call them and they automatically put me on hold without saying anything. 20 seconds later they hang up. What is this?
That's odd. Maybe they got too many people calling/applying at this time. I'd try again some different days maybe?

Also they have the option for them to call you back...last time I had to wait for more than 30 minutes for the amount of callers on the line.
That's odd. Maybe they got too many people calling/applying at this time. I'd try again some different days maybe?

My scores are on ADA but not on ADSAS. I called them yesterday and they said they could not match them because it's gonna take a couple days for it to be on ADSAS. I thought the whole point of the call was to do that lol

If my coursework is "Verified" and I received an email from AADSAS as a receipt, should I see grades under the "Ver. Grade" column when I download the PDF? Mine is verified, but when I downloaded the PDF the "Ver. Grade" column is empty :confused:

If my coursework is "Verified" and I received an email from AADSAS as a receipt, should I see grades under the "Ver. Grade" column when I download the PDF? Mine is verified, but when I downloaded the PDF the "Ver. Grade" column is empty :confused:
Under transcripts can you see like 60 different GPA's?

Under transcripts can you see like 60 different GPA's?

Yea, I do see all the GPA calculations (two full pages), but right before the GPA pages there are "Credits", "Ver. Credits", "App Grade", "CAS Grade", and "Ver. Grade" columns on the right side, correct? Do you have the "Ver. Credits" and "Ver. Grade" columns filled out for yours?

Yea, I do see all the GPA calculations (two full pages), but right before the GPA pages there are "Credits", "Ver. Credits", "App Grade", "CAS Grade", and "Ver. Grade" columns on the right side, correct? Do you have the "Ver. Credits" and "Ver. Grade" columns filled out for yours?
They are not filled out for me. I don't think they get filled out and as long as you see all of the GPA calculations you are all set.

When schools ask for ADSAS ID for supp fees, are they asking for the CAS-ID at the top right of the application when you log in?

When schools list their deadline, does that mean the latest date to submit the application or everything has to be submitted/verified by then?

When schools list their deadline, does that mean the latest date to submit the application or everything has to be submitted/verified by then?
Submitted. It wouldn't make sense for someone to submit their application 3 weeks before the deadline but it not being verified until after the deadline so they get rejected.

Submitted. It wouldn't make sense for someone to submit their application 3 weeks before the deadline but it not being verified until after the deadline so they get rejected.

Gotcha, thank you!