R people OK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medlaw06

Just Medicine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all....comin' straight from USA to my people back in India...I just heard about the horrendous mansoon that's been hitting parts of India... :( :(

how are things going there now? i hope you guys are OK!!!! My condolences to all that suffered and lost loved ones (I heard about how some people died by electrocution (sp?)--ram, ram...what a horrible way to go)...just sending a prayer for a speedy recovery and back to normality!!

that's it....take care!!

btw...my step 2 is tomorrow :scared: :scared: :scared:

(yes....I am procrastinating as much as possible!!!!)

Members don't see this ad.

Shardul,how are all of you doing? A few of my friends started with their Univ exams today and had to walk back for almost 5 hours in waist/knee deep water.

Are both NHDC and TNMC flooded as usual?

well i am enjoying holidays..... :p and when i got bored of sitting in the room and brooding over the gloomy weather i decided to come here in "malhar" (i am sure u know the place) and check out some mails. so here i am; posting.....

It hasnt rained since morning and yesterday there was very little rain. Flood water has since drained away from south mumbai. There was little trouble out here. People say that day before yesterday (8th most rainiest day in recorded history of india, thats 944 cms!!!! :scared: ) the water has reached upto stairs of college building entrance ( i couldnt witness this since i came back early from college on that day) and water was waist deep near maratha mandir. It took 2 1/2 hrs for my roommate to return from college to hostel. traffic was standstill from Sardar to Haji ali. many of my friends were stranded in college and many had come to hostel instead of going back home. central line closed at 3.00 pm that day. it opened today morning only and that too upto thane and western line is all clear. There so many stories to tell .. just go through newspaper photographs u would get an idea.

U know all the exams are postponed now.. people had to walk all the way from GDC to hostel in knee deep water..... thank god i'll never have university exams in monsoon :luck: provided i pass regularly :p